Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

I'm pretty much done with Deal of the Day unless I go for the Stones pack on impulse. But I totally got Monkey Island so that's cool. I like that there was something new everyday. I didn't get the movies or most of the other stuff, but I got a good game at a great price.

It's not just it's a movie rental for a buck, it's a HORRIBLE movie rental for a buck, if it was a movie you might actually want to see than it's not such a bad deal, but Battle for Terra is awful and not worth watching for free.

I wish I lived in a region without Zune marketplace. Then I would not only get better sale items but wouldn't have to put up with that annoying Zune marketplace on my Xbox dashboard. That and the music marketplace are less than useless. I'll not only NEVER use them but they get in the way. fucking microsoft, no wonder I never turn my 360 on!

[quote name='Skoad']Yeah, I don't know where thisboywillbreak got that idea, but once you buy something on the Marketplace, whether it's through Xbox.com or the console, it's yours, they aren't going to take it back just because you waited too long.

Heck, I queued up the same "premium" theme when it was first free, but after hearing it wasn't that premium, I deleted it out before I turned my Xbox on. Once it turned into the intended premium-ness, I slapped it back onto the 360 and downloaded just (still using it by the way).[/QUOTE]

The theme was FREE and you did it on the same day or the day after, which they allowed people another day to download it because of the mix up. People on Major Nelson's blog have been complaining about adding Holiday Deals to their queue only to have the price go back up after the day is over. I haven't experienced it first hand, but I've read the complaints on his blog & Twitter. Maybe it only applies to things that are free though.

[quote name='hpv']I wish I lived in a region without Zune marketplace. Then I would not only get better sale items but wouldn't have to put up with that annoying Zune marketplace on my Xbox dashboard. That and the music marketplace are less than useless. I'll not only NEVER use them but they get in the way. fucking microsoft, no wonder I never turn my 360 on![/QUOTE]
Thank god! Now go sit in the corner, you're on time out. As I was going to say earlier, ms does not have to give out any deals at all if they don't want to. You pay for xbox live to use their online service and that's it. Deals, promotions and everything else is a bonus. Quite being ungrateful and nagging like a little kid as if you're owed something when you're not. Just because you don't get a good deal for 1 day, you are going to cry? Plus not every region gets the same deals. So far we've had worms 2, mvc2, monkey island se..all good deals and for good prices. 1 avatar item FREE, 1 new years theme FREE. Yet, you're saying screw microsoft? LOL

Shadow Complex shows as 1200 points online via link, yet page 1 says its 800 points until tomorrow. What am I missing?

[quote name='intoxicated662']Thank god! Now go sit in the corner, you're on time out. As I was going to say earlier, ms does not have to give out any deals at all if they don't want to. You pay for xbox live to use their online service and that's it. Deals, promotions and everything else is a bonus. Quite being ungrateful and nagging like a little kid as if you're owed something when you're not. Just because you don't get a good deal for 1 day, you are going to cry? Plus not every region gets the same deals. So far we've had worms 2, mvc2, monkey island se..all good deals and for good prices. 1 avatar item FREE, 1 new years theme FREE. Yet, you're saying screw microsoft? LOL[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya brother, I'm tired of all this crying about deals.

You'd swear this was JadedAssGamer or BigStupidCompanyRip-offGamer with the multitude of posts on the subject

[quote name='Despacio']Shadow Complex shows as 1200 points online via link, yet page 1 says its 800 points until tomorrow. What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are logged in with an account with GOLD status

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Oh man, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat! It's better than these damn movie rentals. But I think we already got a kick in the balls for some of us who bought full price and then bam.....half price for the games you bought full. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

That's not really fair. Yes, you may have paid more when you got it, but unless you bought these particular games within the last couple weeks or so, you can't really complain. You got to enjoy the games during that period and you paid what you felt was a worthwhile price at the time. I mean, if you try to argue discounting these games is unfair, you're basically saying the entire concept of sales is unfair. Which would kind of make CAG pointless. So you see... ;)

No Braid deal, huh? Oh well, I'll be picking up The Maw next week (already have CC) and have already picked up alot this week. No complaints here.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Do you mean how long will you be able to keep the d/l in your queue? It'll stay forever, but after the day is over the price will revert back to the original cost. Like, even if you put the free premium theme from earlier in your queue and tried to download it a few days later, it would actually cost points. What I did for my friend was login as him on my 360 and downloaded the free stuff on his account. You can re-download items you've purchased so, yeah.

Really hope we get the discounted Fallout 3 DLC.[/QUOTE]

So if it purchased, then you only pay the purchased price, right? Not the price on the day of download? I guess I can wait if its whatever the price is on the download day. If not and it will be whatever price it was upon being queued up, then I'll send my 360 off. But then again, it's only a difference of a week and I've gone longer without my 360 reading DVDs, so no big rush, as long as its shipped by the 4th or so.

Hopefully the all Fallout 3 DLC is accurate. Looking forward to that and Castle Crashers (can't beat getting it and the 2 DLC for 560 pts; thanks to Twitter/Facebook for that). Glad I saved my points and didn't use them on anything until now.

[quote name='Calm']It's not just it's a movie rental for a buck, it's a HORRIBLE movie rental for a buck, if it was a movie you might actually want to see than it's not such a bad deal, but Battle for Terra is awful and not worth watching for free.[/QUOTE]

I liked it so much that I bought it. Each to their own.

[quote name='craven_fiend']So if it purchased, then you only pay the purchased price, right? Not the price on the day of download? I guess I can wait if its whatever the price is on the download day. If not and it will be whatever price it was upon being queued up, then I'll send my 360 off. But then again, it's only a difference of a week and I've gone longer without my 360 reading DVDs, so no big rush, as long as its shipped by the 4th or so.

Hopefully the all Fallout 3 DLC is accurate. Looking forward to that and Castle Crashers (can't beat getting it and the 2 DLC for 560 pts; thanks to Twitter/Facebook for that). Glad I saved my points and didn't use them on anything until now.[/QUOTE]

Yes. If you buy it today and it's 400 points, you paid 400 points for it. It's paid for, that's it. Whenever you download it, you will not be charged again. You could download it 1000 times and it won't change price or charge you again.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yes. If you buy it today and it's 400 points, you paid 400 points for it. It's paid for, that's it. Whenever you download it, you will not be charged again. You could download it 1000 times and it won't change price or charge you again.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for clarifying it for me. Time to decide if I want to be addicted to it and lose it for a bit of time. Or if I want to queue it up and get it when my 360 returns. Latter probably works best. Unless of course I can get a new 360, not likely.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Alright, thanks for clarifying it for me. Time to decide if I want to be addicted to it and lose it for a bit of time. Or if I want to queue it up and get it when my 360 returns. Latter probably works best. Unless of course I can get a new 360, not likely.[/QUOTE]

If your 360 is about to die and you plan on buying a new one with a larger HDD and have to transfer licenses to the new HDD, I'd wait as that is a tedious process and any you can save yourself from doing the better.

Otherwise, if your 360 can handle the strain booting up, no sense in not enjoying your purchases

I was going to say MS lost 960 points, but I guess they've already got it... it's just a matter of where I spend it... which was going to be braid, and MTG, so I guess that money won't be going to those publishers.

I might still buy Castle Crashers, but honestly I can't see myself playing it more than I already have.

EDIT: I'll also buy the Fallout3 content if it works for the PC DLC, but I highly doubt that will be on sale.

everyone is jumping the gun and the month of sales isn't over. the leaked list was never confirmed to be 100% legit so just chill and take it day by day unless there's a guarantee list of things that will be on sale. I too was let down that magic tg wasn't on sale today but i'm not throwing a fit over it. Just move on and look forward to another day for another sale and hope it is something better. As much as you say ms lost your business or that ms sucks, we know and they know you'll be back at one point or another to purchase from them so quit the hassling and just wait it out. Don't buy anything until after the 31st which is what i'm doing. I'll take it day by day and by the end of the month if nothing good is part of the deals then i'll pay regular price for it oh well. So far i'm okay with the worms 2 & monkey island deals. I already had mvc2 and uno rush but those are 2 decent games for what they were costing along with shadow complex and the maw next week.

Honestly I can see where the compaliners are coming from. It really does suck that we get jipped out of good deals that other markets get for movie rentals that no one wants to buy at any price.

Lol yeah =/, i was really looking forward to Magic too, hoping tommorows sale is atleast decent >_>. Who the hell wants a move that only lasts a day or 2 and isnt even a movie you get to pick out of a list or something.

The Shadow Complex deal is good till the 27th but it comes up as 1200pts when I try to purchase. Is there something I need to do?

Has anyone had problems with the daily new years deal? I have had 0 problems with it up until today when I started to get this 80 something error. It is the ONLY thing that gives me an error and now the slot for the new years countdown is not even on the spotlight list.

Anyone have any idea what the deal is?

[quote name='intoxicated662']everyone is jumping the gun and the month of sales isn't over. the leaked list was never confirmed to be 100% legit so just chill and take it day by day unless there's a guarantee list of things that will be on sale.[/QUOTE]

Um, so far the list has been 100% accurate, albeit in other territories. And the Eurogamer versions that are broken down by region have been 100% accurate, period.

I agree with the sentiment, but I still don't think there's any reason to doubt the lists.

[quote name='Sweetbabyjezuz']I wonder if Magic will go down in price in general soon? I'm just not sure if i want to buy it at that price.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. It's still got an active community (it's usually less than a thirty second wait from "host match" to somebody joining you), and they're planning more DLC for it a few months from now.

[quote name='TurboPascal']The Shadow Complex deal is good till the 27th but it comes up as 1200pts when I try to purchase. Is there something I need to do?[/QUOTE]

Are you Gold?

[quote name='DarkZion']Jumped on Shadow Complex. Now just waiting for The Maw. Nothing else I really want except for Braid, but unfortunately it's not likely going on sale.[/QUOTE]

Sucks about the deals of the week, is once you miss it, you'll never get a 2nd chance :(
Braid being on sale this week was are ONLY chance for it to be discounted again, seeing as they'll never put it back up as a Deal of the Week.

There has to be a way to download the game from the other region sections? Is there any way to trick Live?
Like changing your address to somewhere in Europe for the sale & the changing it back?

I wonder if anyone tried this.

i wish they would be more active in marketplace pricing. Seems dumb that a game thats 2 years old is still 15$ or 10$ for that matter. I feel like if they offered some of the simple arcade games for like 200 points they could get a lot of activity which would unlikely never happen. They should do more deal of the days and weeks like they were doing this week.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Meh... I may just pay full price for Braid if it doesn't end up being a DOTD, I'm sitting on a ton of points anyways, and have waited long enough.. :/[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat. Well, minus the ton of points part.

Ah well, bring on today's deal...

[quote name='Chris Dillon']i wish they would be more active in marketplace pricing. Seems dumb that a game thats 2 years old is still 15$ or 10$ for that matter. I feel like if they offered some of the simple arcade games for like 200 points they could get a lot of activity which would unlikely never happen. They should do more deal of the days and weeks like they were doing this week.[/QUOTE]

Agreed =/, theres so many older games i want to buy (Like Castlevania SOTN, Alien Hominid, Metal Slug 3, ETC), but theres no way in hell im forking out 800 points for them. They should drop the extremely old stuff (Like release stuff, and games like TMNT 1989 and stuff like that) to 200 or 240 points or something, and drop pretty much everything thats older than a year by atleast 400 points.

And yeah =/, im hoping since todays sale sucked, tommorows is good. Have about 2.5k MSP left (I somehow managed to spend around 7k in a day)

[quote name='reddjoey']I've never seen so many people whining about a couple bum deals.
Microsoft is trying to please you, grandma, pops, uncle rick, and little billy down the road, so not every deal is going to rock your particular socks.

So far you got:
1-2 free props - 2010 glasses and Present prop a few weeks ago
1 Free premium theme
Secret of Monkey Island for $5 (which was a steal!)
Marvel v Capcom 2 for $7 (also a steal)
Uno Rush for $5 (not bad, but offers variety)

And if you are GOLD
Shadow Complex for $10 (another f-ing great deal for GOTY-esk Arcade title)

And then you know these are coming:
Maw for $5
BF:1943 (which you can combine with EA's 800pt rebate!)
Something Fallout
Something GH

Looking at the big picture you guys are crazy if you think you didn't get a deal. The only thing to complain about is the couple of hiccups along the way[/QUOTE]

I think you're crazy if you think there are any serious deals in there. The free "premium" theme is just a standard dashboard theme, not a "premium" theme as Microsoft has defined them. The avatar glasses only serve to make your avatar look like a dickbag, which I value because avatars are useless and at least I can laugh at what a tool my guy looks like, but I wouldn't call that a deal.

The selection of games is pretty weak and, aside from the Maw, there's nothing there that I find interesting. Even the games that I already own that are being discounted aren't bringing them down to the level of "deal" since they were already over priced. Shadow Complex is okay but it's way overhyped and BF1943 is good but thin. Both should have been $10 to begin with and a "deal" on either should have put them around $5.

This sale is a bust. Unsurprising for Xbox Live, paying too much is kind of the whole point of the service, but it is disappointing.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']I can agree on some games, but Shadow Complex is overpriced? It's one of the best games of the year[/QUOTE]

No way. The writing alone is bad enough to keep it far away from that category.

[quote name='hpv']I think you're crazy if you think there are any serious deals in there. The free "premium" theme is just a standard dashboard theme, not a "premium" theme as Microsoft has defined them. The avatar glasses only serve to make your avatar look like a dickbag, which I value because avatars are useless and at least I can laugh at what a tool my guy looks like, but I wouldn't call that a deal.

The selection of games is pretty weak and, aside from the Maw, there's nothing there that I find interesting. Even the games that I already own that are being discounted aren't bringing them down to the level of "deal" since they were already over priced. Shadow Complex is okay but it's way overhyped and BF1943 is good but thin. Both should have been $10 to begin with and a "deal" on either should have put them around $5.

This sale is a bust. Unsurprising for Xbox Live, paying too much is kind of the whole point of the service, but it is disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Re-download the theme it was replaced with the premium version.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Honestly I can see where the compaliners are coming from. It really does suck that we get jipped out of good deals that other markets get for movie rentals that no one wants to buy at any price.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, because the American market hasn't gotten more stuff than the other markets. Seriously anyone within the America region should stop whining because WE do get more stuff and usually get it earlier than say Europe, Australia, the Asian market.

Now that being said I can fully understand being disappointed because when you are looking forward to a deal and it turns out the be some movie rental then yeah that is disappointing. However whining and complaining about it is just stupid.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']i wish they would be more active in marketplace pricing. Seems dumb that a game thats 2 years old is still 15$ or 10$ for that matter. I feel like if they offered some of the simple arcade games for like 200 points they could get a lot of activity which would unlikely never happen. They should do more deal of the days and weeks like they were doing this week.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the big reasons I'm not big on digital distribution for retail games (you know, as in the future). At least in the console market. Steam has proven on PC that deals can be frequent and outstanding. I think we'd see less deals if console games were available only digitally and not at retail. For starters, no resale. So if you don't like a game, you're stuck with it and if you're down on your luck you can't make any money from a resale. Two, no clearance from stores trying to clear stock. This means those sweet Target sales aren't going to be around. Three, the prices of 360 and full PSP games on Live/PSN are overpriced for the most part. Lego Star Wars: TCS is like $30 on XBL. That's crazy. I think the same goes for Oblivion. These can be easily had in stores for less. But the impulsive gamer crowd laps this stuff up. That's why microtransactions have been so popular--gamers that vote with their wallets differently than I.

Some games are priced okay, but given the chance I'll always buy retail because of deals and resale alone.

I wish Live would be more like Steam in its sales--more frequent and more appealing--but for now I'll take what I can get.

[quote name='hpv']I think you're crazy if you think there are any serious deals in there. The free "premium" theme is just a standard dashboard theme, not a "premium" theme as Microsoft has defined them. The avatar glasses only serve to make your avatar look like a dickbag, which I value because avatars are useless and at least I can laugh at what a tool my guy looks like, but I wouldn't call that a deal.
[/QUOTE]

I think I was charged for the "premium" theme before it became premium. It was supposed to be free and said so on the first screen, but when I clicked to purchase it I thought it said 240pts. I can't find a place to tell me my itemized purchase history WITH purchase price next to it, or deductions from my points bank. I might have to take it up with Microsoft, but it would be nice to save my time if I could find out if I was charged for it at all.

Is it that hard to get a full-fledged transaction history? Just listing a game with no price paid is a bit lacking for me.

[quote name='Kelegacy']NICE! I'm in for two of them--Point Lookout and Broken Steel. The others I heard weren't as up to snuff.[/QUOTE]

having played all of them, i really enjoyed the pitt as well. definitely worth 400 pts.

i had fun with anchorage and zeta.. but they weren't as good

Edit: Oh crap, differing opinions!

I'd say Point Lookout, Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta (linear, but a lot of new content) were all worth 800 points. But Operation: Anchorage (though you get some very useful armor from this) and The Pitt (though you get a useful gun to use in conjunction with O:A's useful armor) were disappointing and I'd wish I got them on sale.

For people with 20gb HDD's, all of the DLC takes up 2.2gb total, Broken Steel being the biggest at 620mb.

bread's done
Back