Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='eau']Could someone with gold subscription please check if Shadow Complex is still on sale today the last day? I want to make sure before burning a 1 month gold card (currently on silver).[/QUOTE]

Still showing as the deal of the week, already downloaded it so couldnt see the price on the shadow complex page.

[quote name='eau']Could someone with gold subscription please check if Shadow Complex is still on sale today the last day? I want to make sure before burning a 1 month gold card (currently on silver).[/QUOTE]

As of 10:40am PST, 12-27-09, it's still listed as on sale at 800 MS Points.

[quote name='markyshizzle']lol wow... my post gets deleted [/QUOTE]

So if your old was deleted, why post it again?

That asking for a trip to BAN-City

OT:
Rating the DLC from Best to Worst: Steel, Lookout, Zeta, Pitt, O:A .

$25 is a steal for all that content if you can find a non-GOTY for under $20

Score! I had downloaded Broken Steel to raise my level cap, but had shied away from the others, as my back catalog was too full. I don't think I can do better than 1600 for the remaining 4.

[quote name='blucadet3']Of course MVC2 was on sale the day I was traveling and had to take my car to get fixed (400 bucks) and rush home before the oklahoma blizzard...son of bitch.[/QUOTE]

I checked Xbox.com even two days after the sale ended and it still said 560 points. I didn't buy it, but I was debating it. I wonder how long these deals stay on xbox.com and if they charge you 560 or the full price when you actually confirm sale.

Got in for Fallout 3 DLC. The only DLC I didn't get yet was Mothership Zeta, as my playtime with the game slowed down during Point Lookout. This is welcome news :)

[quote name='monkeystud']Just picked up Fallout 3 used at GS and now this sale. Only have 1840 ms points left and there are 5 dlc at 400 a pop. Whats a guy to do? What else is coming up on sale? I may only get 2 then.[/QUOTE]

Get Point Lookout and The Pitt first, Operation Anchorage should be your last choice for Fallout 3 DLC.

Checked for the deal this morning (10 am PST) and the the New Year's Countdown box for today was still closed. Odd. Luckily, being a CAG, I knew to check Fallout 3 DLC anyways. This will go well with the $20 non-GOTY I got on Black Friday. Off to blowup Megaton now...MWAHHAHAAHA!

I'm thinking about Shadow Complex because of the reviews here and elsewhere, but I downloaded the preview first (starts with Washington D.C. firefight) and I'm finding it a bit strange being hit by - and unable to target - enemies that aren't on screen.

Is it a better experience picking up the 2-D side-scroller tactics if you play the full game from the beginning - or is the preview the beginning of the full game?

[quote name='gantt']I'm thinking about Shadow Complex because of the reviews here and elsewhere, but I downloaded the preview first (starts with Washington D.C. firefight) and I'm finding it a bit strange being hit by - and unable to target - enemies that aren't on screen.

Is it a better experience picking up the 2-D side-scroller tactics if you play the full game from the beginning - or is the preview the beginning of the full game?[/QUOTE]

The preview sucks. I had a lot of trouble with it too. After you get past it, the rest of the game is amazing!

Nice! I had downloaded Anchorage when it first became available and was hesitant to buy the others. I just downloaded the rest what a steal!

Thanks OP. Downloaded all of the Fallout 3 DLC. I havent started the game yet, but I cant pass up the DLC for half price. I only paid $20 for the game and got my points cards for free, so $20 for the game and DLC. Cant be beat! Thanks again.

[quote name='dallascowboys']The preview sucks. I had a lot of trouble with it too. After you get past it, the rest of the game is amazing![/QUOTE]

He's right. Shadow Complex is the best XBox arcade game I have played. I have caught myself spending several hours on it before realizing that it is 3 am on a work day.

Good deal, but I don't have Fallout 3 yet and have plenty of other stuff to play, so will probably just wait for the GotY Ed. to drop in price.

For those of you thinking about biting on the Fallout deal: Consider renting the GOTY edition at Blockbuster and downloading the expansions off the disc. It costs like $7 as opposed to $25 in MS points for all the DLC for Fallout.

[quote name='Moltres423']For those of you thinking about biting on the Fallout deal: Consider renting the GOTY edition at Blockbuster and downloading the expansions off the disc. It costs like $7 as opposed to $25 in MS points for all the DLC for Fallout.[/QUOTE]
Or borrow a friend's copy. That's FREE!

[quote name='Kelegacy']I checked Xbox.com even two days after the sale ended and it still said 560 points. I didn't buy it, but I was debating it. I wonder how long these deals stay on xbox.com and if they charge you 560 or the full price when you actually confirm sale.[/QUOTE]Yeah, looks like all the old deals have finally returned to normal, except Worms 2 which is still 400.

Decided to get shadow complex since its the last day. I also want Castle Crashers on the 30th. Not sure about BF 1943, I didn't care for the demo.

I got Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and Operation: Anchorage. Can't beat that for about $12. I heard the Pitt and Zeta were weak so I didn't bother with those.

[quote name='lovick']Does anyone know if the DotD on the Fallout 3 DLC applies to PC aswell?

[/QUOTE]

Just checked, and it does not.

Picked up a 1600 points card for $10 a few weeks back. Made the 2 Fallout 3 expansions I bought today cost $2.50 each. A winner is me.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hope Burnouts Big Surf Island DLC is one of the last remaining![/QUOTE]
The list has already been revealed. Tomorrow is Rolling Stones pack for Guitar Hero, then more lame Zune Marketplace fluff, then Castle Crashers for 560, and finally Battlefield 1943 for 600.

[quote name='Skoad']The list has already been revealed. Tomorrow is Rolling Stones pack for Guitar Hero, then more lame Zune Marketplace fluff, then Castle Crashers for 560, and finally Battlefield 1943 for 600.[/QUOTE]

Damn.... thanks for the heads up!

Picked up all of the Fallout DLC as I never got a chance to pick them up at regular prices. Not a bad deal, considering the cards all game from the deals I got at Target lately.

Thanks for the input guys. Got Fallout 3 on Black Friday because of this site and now I picked up Broken Steel & Point Lookout. I have 800 points left, but I figured I'd save them for BF1943.

OK...since the mods here obviously are very touchy, how about this simple question:

Can anyone confirm that the Fallout game disc (either orig. or GOTY) is required to play Fallout DLC?

[quote name='csmason1']OK...since the mods here obviously are very touchy, how about this simple question:

Can anyone confirm that the Fallout game disc (either orig. or GOTY) is required to play Fallout DLC?[/QUOTE]

The GOTY version has all the DLC so it doesn't matter because, AFAIK, the content does not install and play directly off the disc. The regular version is required to play DLC downloaded from live.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Can't. Play. Fallout. DLC. Without. Game. Disc. End. Stop.[/QUOTE]

I guess "Thanks" for that info? I'll try to remember not to ask any questions on this forum if this is how people respond. I looked through the thread and nobody addressed this specific question, and earlier posts I made were deleted. Your answer makes it seem like this is common knowledge.

But yeah...your answer seems much cooler than actually being civil.

[quote name='csmason1']I guess "Thanks" for that info? I'll try to remember not to ask any questions on this forum if this is how people respond. I looked through the thread and nobody addressed this specific question, and earlier posts I made were deleted. Your answer makes it seem like this is common knowledge.

But yeah...your answer seems much cooler than actually being civil.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see your earlier posts, so I can say why the mods deleted it. Try to avoid talking about modding, retail fraud, theft, or things of that nature.

To answer your question, you must have the Fallout 3 disc to play any DLC installed. The GOTY has a second disc with all the DLC on it that is installed to the HDD. You still need the first (game) disc to play it.

[quote name='csmason1']I guess "Thanks" for that info? I'll try to remember not to ask any questions on this forum if this is how people respond. I looked through the thread and nobody addressed this specific question, and earlier posts I made were deleted. Your answer makes it seem like this is common knowledge.

But yeah...your answer seems much cooler than actually being civil.[/QUOTE]

Why are you upset? It's an idiotic question. I don't think there's any DLC on the Marketplace that doesn't require the original game. If I'm wrong and there is, it's certainly a minority, because requiring people to download gigabytes of extra content to compensate for the engine and assets that are already on the disc is a bad idea in every way imaginable.

It also doesn't help that if you'd bothered to do thirty seconds of research you could have found the answer yourself. No, it's not that hard to use Google and Wikipedia. Try it next time.

Lest we forget, sarcastic replies towards people answering your question - even if they did do it a bit rudely - and accusing the mods of what could very well be an imaginary bias are sure to win over other posters. Chances are that if you did have posts deleted, it was because you did something you shouldn't have.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Why are you upset? It's an idiotic question. I don't think there's any DLC on the Marketplace that doesn't require the original game...[/QUOTE]

You're wrong, and since this is the internet, I'm going to point out that you're a retard.

I bold things I want to express with 100% certainty.

[quote name='McNutsack']You're wrong, and since this is the internet, I'm going to point out that you're a retard.

I bold things I want to express with 100% certainty.[/QUOTE]

Does the GTA IV DLC require the disc? I know you can buy the disc of the DLC, but if you buy it through XBL do you need the GTA IV disc?

[quote name='Porksta']Does the GTA IV DLC require the disc? I know you can buy the disc of the DLC, but if you buy it through XBL do you need the GTA IV disc?[/QUOTE]

yes, you need the disc

[quote name='McNutsack']You're wrong, and since this is the internet, I'm going to point out that you're a retard.

I bold things I want to express with 100% certainty.[/QUOTE]

Okay, then. Which DLC on the Marketplace works without owning the original game? If I am wrong, I'd like a counterexample because I sure can't think of one.

bread's done
Back