Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']curious to see what movie rental we end up getting today :roll:[/QUOTE]

*Still is hoping that list was wrong and we get Braid or atleast something else decent*

Monkey Island at last. I remember playing this on floppy discs. I also grabbed SC. Normally I'm not for paying $10 for a XBLA game, (since, as Wombat often points out) the value of a $10 discounted title from Newegg or Amazon offer better value for my scant moo-lah. SC has a certain old school Metroid feel to it though that I kinda miss.

I'm going to demo The Maw and see if it's worth a fin.

Lol for 400 points, you cant go wrong with Maw, i was playing it ALL day, took me like 4-5 hours to beat, and im just 1 level replay away from 200/200ing it. Also heard the DLC packs that are 100 points each (3 of em, each gives like 20 more achievment points), are worth a download also.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol for 400 points, you cant go wrong with Maw, i was playing it ALL day, took me like 4-5 hours to beat, and im just 1 level replay away from 200/200ing it. Also heard the DLC packs that are 100 points each (3 of em, each gives like 20 more achievment points), are worth a download also.[/QUOTE]
This.

Only I need to replay 2 levels to get the 100% eaten.

[quote name='alangst']Any chance any of the GTA dlc will be making an appearance as a DotD. The Fallout price drops gave me some hope.[/QUOTE]

No. The list has been revealed. Today we are getting another movie rental (other regions are getting Braid for 560), tomorrow is Castle Crashers for 560 and finally the 31st is Battlefield for 600.

So will Battlefield 1943 still count for the EA program even after being discounted to 600 points? I mean it still lays between the deadline and I haven't heard anything otherwise.

[quote name='uglyteradon']So will Battlefield 1943 still count for the EA program even after being discounted to 600 points? I mean it still lays between the deadline and I haven't heard anything otherwise.[/QUOTE]
From the EA thread, the general consensus is "yes".

I missed out on the super cheap Avatar Golf but after reading about it, I still want it for 400pts. The Maw looks like a cheap buy, and I still see Worms2 @ 400pts. Any comments on these three picks to eat my points?

I was really hoping for Braid at 560. I passed on it when it was at 800 a few months ago and kind of regret it. But, based on all the speculation, I didn't have my hopes up. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='illennium']I got The Maw this morning and played it for a couple hours. It's really, really fun and quick. I'm on Level 6 of 8 after about 2.5 hours of play. So figure about 4 hours for a full play-through. Definitely worth it, and I say that as someone with a triple-digit backlog![/QUOTE]

I did the same, and I've got around a 30 game backlog. Also for achievement whores, the achievements are really easy. I'm going to guess in 5-6 hours of playtime I'll have 250. Honestly the game is fairly short, but well worth the 400.

Batman Returns??? Seriously MS. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for Braid and you give us Batman Returns, I'd gladly pay 80 pts to get back the 2 hours I wasted on that movie 20 years ago. I knew 560 for Braid was a rumor, but come on. If you're going to hype up your countdown MS, make it worth it. What a complete disappointment.

Is this a really early April Fools joke?

Oh come on, they just randomly picked an internal ID number for something on the marketplace and put that out as today's sale. Not fair stinking the joint up twice since Saturday after I defended you, Microsoft Deal of the Day Promotion.

I thought Batman Returns was a joke. Week and layme. To jump on the whine train I really wish that all of the deals had been game related.

/end whine

[quote name='uglyteradon']Maybe tomorrows deal will be Batman & Robin for 80 points.[/QUOTE]
Tomorrow's deal is Castle Crashers.

It definitely is. At least here in Canada the Boxing Week days have been giving clues, and it talks about crashing in the clue. So, consider it confirmed.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Batman Returns? seriously? are they on crack?[/QUOTE]

Apparently :p

I really, really do hate that movie though. Almost as much as Batman & Robin (almost)

[quote name='knotfan123']wow...seriously...who rents these?[/QUOTE]

I really have no idea. In a world with Netflix, I can't fathom ever paying for an individual rental again. Furthermore, Netflix streams through just about any device that you can plug into the internet. Granted, Batman Returns isn't available right now (I don't think) but there are dozens if not hundreds of better movies that are.

Whatever.

[quote name='Warlock82']Apparently :p

I really, really do hate that movie though. Almost as much as Batman & Robin (almost)[/QUOTE]

Wait, really? Are you sure you aren't getting it confused with Batman Forever? Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are easily the finest Batman films, but Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns were decent options for their day. Much better than Batman Forever or Batman & Robin.

Ewww... even as an adolescent I remembered Batman Returns sucked (and that's saying a lot considering I liked all the others)

The only thing I can figure is that they're keying in on the 10-15 year old demographic of kids who've seen The Dark Knight, never seen any of the first few Batman movies, and have 80 points to blow. Even if they only sell 1,000, that's ~$80,000 of straight profit (minus royalties). it's these sales that are subsidizing the Castle Crashers and others at 50% to the point where they may just break even in the end.

God damn Zune marketplace not only took out the option to download HD trailers to my 360, but they cost us deals for Rez HD & Braid. fuck Zune & everything related to it.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Even if they only sell 1,000, that's ~$80,000 of straight profit (minus royalties). it's these sales that are subsidizing the Castle Crashers and others at 50% to the point where they may just break even in the end.[/QUOTE]

80 points = 1 dollar. 1,000 sales = $1,000.

Stop skipping math class.

I wonder if the fact that Major Nelson put "deal" in quotes in his Twitter today was him editorializing on the choice:

Today's 'Deal' (US Only) Batman Returns for 80 points. (Non-US Regions sign into LIVE to see your deal)
He didn't do that on any of the earlier ones, even the previous movie rentals. :lol:

bread's done
Back