Xbox Live Rewards - 5% MSP back in March

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
If you are an Xbox Live Rewards member you are getting 5% of your points spent in March back. Not bad - I already know I'm picking up the Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack and Full House Poker, plus whatever RB DLC comes out.

Xbox LIVE Rewards
http://rewards.xbox.com/

Purchase and Earn Stay Gold and earn 5% back on all your March Marketplace purchases!*

*March Marketplace rebate is based on staying Gold continuously through March 2011. Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase transactions can include any selection of paid content, including movies, TV shows, game add-ons, Arcade games, Games on Demand titles, Avatars and Themes. Excludes Microsoft Points purchases or subscriptions. Your total March spend will be calculated at the end of the month and 5% rebate applied. This reward will be credited to your MyRewards Summary in April.

[quote name='spree4567']I'm planning on buying the Dead Space 2 DLC. I wonder if they'll actually give me 28 points or round it off to 30. I can't remember a cost with anything other than a 0 as the last digit.[/QUOTE]

The will give you 28 points. I have an odd amount from the rewards beta they ran awhile back.

This isn't bad considering I just bought two 4000 point cards from eBay for $40 each. Now I just need to sign up. Thanks op!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']gahh, I bought a bunch of stuff at like 3am the other day, it better count :\[/QUOTE]

Thinking of buying all the House Party Titles. I thought MS would give us an incentive for buying all 5 titles.

However, this is better than nothing. Plus I'm getting a 4000 pts. card for $20 next week on the Dragon Age 2 deal @ KMart.

And for all the haters in this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BOG4p1-H2Q

Maybe this will be like last year when they had this program? They extended the time it lasted at the end of its run and allowed up to 10% returns.

I have no evidence to support my above statement, I'm just alerting people to what happened last year, and that they gave a bigger return without notice well ahead of time.

March seems like an awesome time to drop points on things I've been meaning to get :p
(Lego Rock Band export, some DLC, and a couple Arcade games I passed on)

And that's on top of BG&E (damn inversion option) and Torchlight being instant buys.

[quote name='vlv723']Thinking of buying all the House Party Titles. I thought MS would give us an incentive for buying all 5 titles.[/QUOTE]

I *strongly* urge you to at least watch giantbomb's quick look of hard corps before buying. Just watching that vid made me say fuck that game.

And now I'm having 2nd thoughts on BG&E. Dont get me wrong, it's a great game, in my personal top 10 (maybe top five) of all time. I just know that I have such a backlog of new stuff to play. I almost wish I could buy it and give to someone else so I could show support for the game...and the 800pt price point...and a sequel (crosses fingers) but at least then it would go to someone who'd actually play the game.

For the record, I still own the PS2 original.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Okay? I agree, it should have been that way from the start. Point is, it's not, and you can't cash out until you reach 100 points.[/QUOTE]
Sorry my man, my rage was not directed towards you:) And, Microsoft is the devil.

[quote name='hostyl1']I *strongly* urge you to at least watch giantbomb's quick look of hard corps before buying. Just watching that vid made me say fuck that game.

And now I'm having 2nd thoughts on BG&E. Dont get me wrong, it's a great game, in my personal top 10 (maybe top five) of all time. I just know that I have such a backlog of new stuff to play. I almost wish I could buy it and give to someone else so I could show support for the game...and the 800pt price point...and a sequel (crosses fingers) but at least then it would go to someone who'd actually play the game.

For the record, I still own the PS2 original.[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo for Hard Corps. Blah.

I never got into BG&E on the Gamecube and tried this demo out today and I think I'd like it but like you I've got new games waiting to be played. Hard to pick this over Batman: AA or Assassin's Creed II. Maybe someday...

It's better then nothing thats how i look at it.
A few points here and there for all that I spend on during DLC and sales will eventually grant me enough points to buy a full priced XBLA title.

[quote name='ZForce915']
I never got into BG&E on the Gamecube and tried this demo out today and I think I'd like it but like you I've got new games waiting to be played. Hard to pick this over Batman: AA or Assassin's Creed II. Maybe someday...[/QUOTE]

FWIW: All three of those games: BG&E, B:AA, and AC2, reside on my all time list at 4-6. The order changes depending on my mood that day, but all three are excellent games IMO. I would say this though, B:AA has the best melee combat I've played. If you had any interest in all three of these games, I'd play BG&E first, AC2 second and B:AA last. The stories in BG&E and AC2 are strong but you'll feel a little is missing combat-wise if you've already played B:AA (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood kinda corrects this with the kill streaks).

[quote name='MogKnight']I still think that this Rewards system is just too flawed for existing Xbox Gold Members to really benefit out of. Only real consistent way for me to make points is to fill in a random survey per month... and that's 20 points.

It's a nice thought I guess, especially if you're going from Silver to Gold. Other than that...[/QUOTE]
I agree 100% it's kind of a sham if you think about it. Like you said once you are a gold member you can pretty much get 20 points a month and that's it. It takes 5 month's to make 100 ms points and 10 to make 200, plus the 200 for renewing your membership. So every year I'll average 500 ms points. Pretty much a waist of time. In your post you said it's a nice gesture, but honestly it's really not. They didn't sit in a business meeting one day and say. Let's do something nice for our gamers. This program is designed very smartly for them to make money. It is designed to make more silver members gold. Then make there first Market Place purchase and activate Netflix. And every silver member they get to do this they make money

bread's done
Back