Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Hey guys, not sure if this was posted but thought maybe it would help somebody out if they have a grinding X1 issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoDqTaIwIc

Makes me wonder if you can fix the smoking issue by blowing into the vent. :lol:

I hope, for your child's sake, that your PS4 is hidden well in your entertainment center. If you think the XB1's corners would cut him, I think the PS4 might sever an appendage.

Xbox-One-VS-PlayStation-4-Side-1280x853.jpg
Really, it looks like you could shave with the PS4. It seriously looks like they took the design idea from those razor commercials with the animated diagram showing how it shaves closer with more blades.

And check out those wicked corners on that xbox! Who knew beveled was more dangerous?

Hey guys, not sure if this was posted but thought maybe it would help somebody out if they have a grinding X1 issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoDqTaIwIc

Makes me wonder if you can fix the smoking issue by blowing into the vent. :lol:
There's nothing wrong with a few hard whacks after some grinding. :)

I'm trying to figure out why this thread disappeared from my notifications...

Anyways.

What's going on with the Kinect PDP mount? Anyone seen it in stores? (Is this still the thread for general discussions about the console)
I picked up one at my local Gamestop yesterday as Amazon was taking forever to ship. My store only had one, so I would call around before you venture out. http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-kinect-tv-mount-kit/112623

I picked up one at my local Gamestop yesterday as Amazon was taking forever to ship. My store only had one, so I would call around before you venture out. http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-kinect-tv-mount-kit/112623
Thanks they all say low stock by me...

Amazon have yet to ship .. they still don't even have a release date on the item.

Edit- Well I did that @store pickup thing that GS has on their site and they supposedly found one at a nearby store. I'm guessing I should call anyways though to make sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides two plasma donating appointments before the weekend and somewhat of a "date" coming up this Saturday I now have now until Monday to do nothing but game (and a little homework, but nothing pressing).  I am so excited.  I got Need for Speed: Rivals installing right now and RYSE is up next after that.

Nice!  The same GS I picked up a preowned DR3 the other day had a copy of Ryse traded in today and it's already being held for me. After coupons, it should be about $20 out of pocket, so all three of my wanted launch titles for $100 (mostly all paid in credit, too). :D

Is it possible to stream music while playing a game? I setup streaming and I can stream fine when xbox music is the main app but it stops the music when I boot up a game.

Is it possible to stream music while playing a game? I setup streaming and I can stream fine when xbox music is the main app but it stops the music when I boot up a game.
I don't have one myself but have you tried snapping the music app? Or does that only work but with the smaller gameplay screen?

I don't have one myself but have you tried snapping the music app? Or does that only work but with the smaller gameplay screen?
I figured it out. I had Xbox Music opened as the main app and I guess the Xbox one wont turn main apps into snap apps if its already doing something. I opened Xbox Music as a snap app first before I started streaming the music and it works fine now.

Lol SHITbox fanBOYS
Enjoy your ban
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuzT78V6Y_Q&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBuzT78V6Y_Q

Can't wait to see the look in your faces when you see that ban message lol

Welcome to the last decade of PC master race. ;)

Haven't played a game on a PC since Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego in the early 90s.

I'm really liking this though. :)

Lol SHITbox fanBOYS
Enjoy your ban

That video is almost as worthless as your post. Don't fan the fanboy flames in here. Take that shit somewhere else.

While the video is a little much, you do have to admit its bullshit that they are banning people over cussing on skype when they arent suppose to be listening.

Is it that time of the day again for stupid BS to be posted? :headache:

While the video is a little much, you do have to admit its bullshit that they are banning people over cussing on skype when they arent suppose to be listening.
I do agree with the bannings BS. I wonder if you sign on the terms and conditions your right to cuss? Some crazy stuff is sometimes hidden in that text that most people don't read. Either way I guess it would never affect me as I don't use Skype.

So as an outsider looking in, I would think that M$ isn't listening per se to skype conversations but via Kinect: is that about right? I read an article that Fifa sends you an in-game message if it detects you cursing too much during matches lol. I'd find it hard to believe they're actually monitoring every single player, but instead have some ways to flag players if they're cursing a lot while using the machine. Either way, it's not their job to be your mother so I can't fathom why they're doing this.

Is it that time of the day again for stupid BS to be posted? :headache:

I do agree with the bannings BS. I wonder if you sign on the terms and conditions your right to cuss? Some crazy stuff is sometimes hidden in that text that most people don't read. Either way I guess it would never affect me as I don't use Skype.

Don't really want to chip into this debate but it doesn't really bother me because I don't do any of that but I can see where some find it a problem. I though Major said on Reddit that this was a known issue and they were working towards a resolution?

So as an outsider looking in, I would think that M$ isn't listening per se to skype conversations but via Kinect: is that about right? I read an article that Fifa sends you an in-game message if it detects you cursing too much during matches lol. I'd find it hard to believe they're actually monitoring every single player, but instead have some ways to flag players if they're cursing a lot while using the machine. Either way, it's not their job to be your mother so I can't fathom why they're doing this.

Just to add some context FIFA 13 did the same thing.

people aren't getting banned while using skype. If you cuss in an uploaded video, they temp ban you from that upload studio and skype. It's like when people on 360 send hate messages after a game of COD, and if enough people report them, they get a communication ban where they can't talk for a limited time.

Not sure about the way they know your cussing but someone mentioned playing NBA 2K14 and cussing when they missed a shot and received a technical foul. I thought that was funny.

Don't really want to chip into this debate but it doesn't really bother me because I don't do any of that but I can see where some find it a problem. I though Major said on Reddit that this was a known issue and they were working towards a resolution?
I have no idea really. If it is something they are trying to be more passive about then that would be better. Why can't they just not allow child accounts to Skype or something of that nature. And regular accounts be allowed to "use profanity."

Lol SHITbox fanBOYS
Enjoy your ban
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuzT78V6Y_Q&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBuzT78V6Y_Q

ENOUGH DUDE no one cares about your trolling videos

i would like to see proof that ms is banning people on what they say on skype now for the video maker that you load onto live for everyone to see yes i could see ban for that.

Wow Battlefield 4 with 64 players is unlike anything I have ever experienced in an online shooter. Holy shit is it ever intense!
I played that for the first time tonight too, just one full game. I have a hard time seeing the enemy though. It's going to take me some time to get good at it but when I'll do I'll be awesome at it. I spent a lot of time with Bad Company 2 and was really good. I got nothing for weapons or gear so I feel like others might have stuff that is highlighting me for them while I try and pick them out of the bushes and overall similar color palette.

Upload a curse-filled video on the Upload Studio and expect to get a temporary ban.

Microsoft isn't going to have their game video studio turn into the garbage fest that YouTube is with idiots like the guy in the video above.

What's great is that these guys make thousands of dollars regularly (literally make a living) solely on bitching about other companies making money.  Keep buying into it though, trolls.  You're sticking it to the man.

I played that for the first time tonight too, just one full game. I have a hard time seeing the enemy though. It's going to take me some time to get good at it but when I'll do I'll be awesome at it. I spent a lot of time with Bad Company 2 and was really good. I got nothing for weapons or gear so I feel like others might have stuff that is highlighting me for them while I try and pick them out of the bushes and overall similar color palette.
If they have no name on them they are bad…thats the best way to tell. Also your team and you can spot people for others to see. So you might be highlighted for enemies. Just because they have more guns unlocked doesn't make them better. So many bad people on BF4. I have been doing decent enough when I had the starter stuff. Its a matter of who sees who first…a lot of the time. Anyways good luck on getting better the game is fun.

It wasnt even "cursed-filled" videos. Its videos with even one curse word on it.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft for me honestly. If Sony or Nintendo or anyone else pulled this stunt id be just as upset about it.

But, if you wish to think this is some kinda "troll" (you really need to learn what that word means) attempt then keep living in that bubble.

If they have no name on them they are bad…thats the best way to tell. Also your team and you can spot people for others to see. So you might be highlighted for enemies. Just because they have more guns unlocked doesn't make them better. So many bad people on BF4. I have been doing decent enough when I had the starter stuff. Its a matter of who sees who first…a lot of the time. Anyways good luck on getting better the game is fun.
How do you spot people? I was trying to find out how to do that like I did back in BC2 but I don't remember how and none of the morons in the various squads I joined knew how to talk without rocks in their mouth.

How do you spot people? I was trying to find out how to do that like I did back in BC2 but I don't remember how and none of the morons in the various squads I joined knew how to talk without rocks in their mouth.
I don't think it existed on BF3 when I played on 360. But on BF4 its the top right bumper on PS4. So Im guessing the same on X1. Controls are usually universal.

It wasnt even "cursed-filled" videos. Its videos with even one curse word on it.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft for me honestly. If Sony or Nintendo or anyone else pulled this stunt id be just as upset about it.

But, if you wish to think this is some kinda "troll" (you really need to learn what that word means) attempt then keep living in that bubble.
You're not usually a troll, just more of a constantly negative presence. The guy who posted the video in this thread is a blatant, proud troll though.

It's not a stunt though. It's what their rules are for their new video platform. That dork in the video mentions the "amendment" flying away in ashes. Someone should tell him that the internet is not America. People from all over the world, of all ages, are using the Xbox One and Microsoft wants to try and keep this stuff appropriate for all ages. Psychos already ruined UNO and what could have been future webcam games on Xbox Live with their profane garbage. I regularly would join a game and see some guy just sitting there with his dick out. Was banning that guy a stunt too?

I don't think it existed on BF3 when I played on 360. But on BF4 its the top right bumper on PS4. So Im guessing the same on X1. Controls are usually universal.
Yeah, it is the same on Xbox One. I accidentally did it once but didn't realize that was the official spotting thing. I was trying to throw a grenade and my guy instead pointed at the guy.

Yeah, it is the same on Xbox One. I accidentally did it once but didn't realize that was the official spotting thing. I was trying to throw a grenade and my guy instead pointing at the guy.
Yep grenades are left bumper. And yes Uno was ruined by pervs years ago. That shit was stupid.

on BF3, it was the 'back' button....and then in bf4, they somehow thought it was a good idea to make that button bring up battlelog. I remember being frustrated for a while during the beta lol

I think the dumbest thing about this situation is that a lot of these games are rated M. In other words, It's okay for me to upload a video of BF4 where Irish is yelling fuck every 3 seconds and I'm shooting people in the face, but I personally can't swear in it? Where do they draw the line with this stuff?

I dunno if id compare saying the word "shit" to a dude taking his dong out.
It's still freedom of speech and freedom of expression:

"Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them."

Microsoft is literally spitting in the face of that by banning the naked people as well. There's nudity in M-rated games as well.

"Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them."

Microsoft is literally spitting in the face of that by banning the naked people as well. There's nudity in M-rated games as well.
No there's not.

No there's not.

Have you not played GTA:V?

Also I think most are ignoring the free for all crazy house that Twitch is right now on PS4. Hell they had to ban playroom via Twitch because of all that was going on.

So, you are telling me you can see a dudes junk in GTA? Or hell a woman's bare breast or vagina?
Breasts, yes, but that's a different thing altogether.

Have you not played GTA:V?

Also I think most are ignoring the free for all crazy house that Twitch is right now on PS4. Hell they had to ban playroom via Twitch because of all that was going on.
Flashing your cock to someone unexpectedly is indecent exposure, whether it's on the internet or not. Is twitch a site that's restricted to ages 18+? If not, then it's an all ages site and that makes the dong show illegal.

Your argument is null. Basically, by what you're saying, I can send pictures of my junk to random people and claim artistic expression and not face any legal repercussions? Because I'm willing to bet the feds would think differently, especially if a recipient (albeit unintentional) was a minor...

Your argument is null. Basically, by what you're saying, I can send pictures of my junk to random people and claim artistic expression and not face any legal repercussions? Because I'm willing to bet the feds would think differently, especially if a recipient (albeit unintentional) was a minor...
And Microsoft had said that, for their ecosystem of individually-made videos and content, they don't want nudity or swearing. Either conform to it, don't upload videos, or don't buy the service if you think it's unfair. Upload Studio is all ages.

This is such a non-issue, but of course the usual bandwagon money grubbers on YouTube will mischaracterize it in order to get views and rile people up.

bread's done
Back