Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

It's still freedom of speech and freedom of expression:

"Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them."

Microsoft is literally spitting in the face of that by banning the naked people as well. There's nudity in M-rated games as well.
I don't want to get into a whole thing here but assuming you are in the United States, the 1st Amendment's guarantee of "freedom of speech" is generally only applied to government entities. Companies have a lot of latitude under the law when it comes to censorship.

Don't know how we got into that topic.. but anyways..

How can you see the battery level of your controller? Im used to just pressing the xbox button and seeing it in the top corner on 360

Don't know how we got into that topic.. but anyways..

How can you see the battery level of your controller? Im used to just pressing the xbox button and seeing it in the top corner on 360
There is no way to monitor controller battery level yet. Silly, I know.

No one (in 24 hrs) noted where to find a B&M XB1... (atleast not that I noticed).  All those articles make it seem like they're out in the wild but I can tell you I haven't found one in the DC/Baltimore area.  I'm looking now.  Got the cash in hand if they would just give me the damned box :)

Wow... just like you can't see how much available storage there is?

Youd figure those are no brainers
Indeed they are no-brainers. The Xbox One's menu design shows a lack of involvement from people who play games or are even familiar with the original 360 menus. Surely those things will be fixed over time, but it's crazy how much less polished the UI is compared to the 360's at launch.

Indeed they are no-brainers. The Xbox One's menu design shows a lack of involvement from people who play games or are even familiar with the original 360 menus. Surely those things will be fixed over time, but it's crazy how much less polished the UI is compared to the 360's at launch.
Nah, it shows that MS's backtracking really hurt the final polish of the OS. Too bad they went first at E3, I think we would be singing a different tune if Sony went first and announced similar DRM policies.

Oh well, current rumor is a big OS update in Q1 of next year. Early adopters should have expected some of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one (in 24 hrs) noted where to find a B&M XB1... (atleast not that I noticed). All those articles make it seem like they're out in the wild but I can tell you I haven't found one in the DC/Baltimore area. I'm looking now. Got the cash in hand if they would just give me the damned box :)
Ask rippn or deader

Nah, it shows that MS's backtracking really hurt the final polish of the OS. Too bad they went first at E3, I think we would be singing a different tune if Sony went first and announced similar DRM policies.

Oh well, current rumor is a big OS update in Q1 of next year. Early adopters should have expected some of this.
I dunno. What connection do you see between switching DRM policies and not having battery indicators and storage menus?

I dunno. What connection do you see between switching DRM policies and not having battery indicators and storage menus?
Hard to say how many resources they had to pull off of other projects to remove the DRM. If it was built in from the ground up, there was most likely some major rebuilding that had to happen. I'd wager this means a lot of small polish-type features got delayed in favor of retesting the OS, removing code, etc. It isn't like they just hit backspace a few times and recompiled.

I can verify every Target, Best Buy, Sam's in the area do not have one.  All Wal-marts and Gamestops have some but are hoarding them for their BF sales (Wally at 6pm, GS at midnight).  I spent 5+ hrs today hunting one down.  Nothing.  I'm done for the day.  :)

I don't want to get into a whole thing here but assuming you are in the United States, the 1st Amendment's guarantee of "freedom of speech" is generally only applied to government entities. Companies have a lot of latitude under the law when it comes to censorship.
I know that. I am being sarcastic to show how ridiculous it is that people are bringing up the United States' constitution when it comes to a worldwide internet platform.

anyone else's reflective part of their xbox scratching or scuffing easily? It's very annoying to try and wipe clean
No, but mine has just sat there on the top of component rack. Maybe wipe it of dust every couple months, if that. What is happening with yours?

Except the fact that Sony pretty much stated there would be no DRM back after their February reveal. Funny how Xbots want so bad for Sony to be as crap as Microsoft, everything from they were going to bundle the camera, to they were going to have DRM.

The camera thing can easily be debunked by simply trying to figure what price point Microsoft would have had to have the Xbox One at in order for them to include the camera. $550-$600? Sony already knew Microsoft wouldn't go that high and when Microsoft announced at $499 they gave Sony the opening to throw the camera in and charge $449 and they still would have won on price. In other words the camera was removed from the PS4 as an executive decision well before E3, not a reactionary one.

As per this article published 2/21/13 after the February reveal, Sony tells Eurogamer: PlayStation 4 will not block used games. Again a decision made well before Microsoft announced anything. Silly Xbots, quit hating Sony for the crap your Microsoft overlord keeps doing to you.

No, but mine has just sat there on the top of component rack. Maybe wipe it of dust every couple months, if that. What is happening with yours?
Not dust, but I have cats and low and behold there were paw prints on it the next morning lol. Took a microfiber cloth to it and left micro scratches on it. Not the worst, but annoying to look at the gloss

That carefully-worded quote from Sony back in February proves nothing.  Microsoft was saying the same thing about used games even after the DRM policy was revealed.  It was all PR spin as to how they classified used games.  Microsoft wasn't going to block rented or used games, but they were going to drastically change the ecosystem of them.  Sony planned to do the same and the only proof you need is their day one update (the same one that bricked countless consoles).

Not dust, but I have cats and low and behold there were paw prints on it the next morning lol. Took a microfiber cloth to it and left micro scratches on it. Not the worst, but annoying to look at the gloss
I have three cats but I've never had any of mine walk on any of my consoles lol. You should put it somewhere they can't get to.

That carefully-worded quote from Sony back in February proves nothing. Microsoft was saying the same thing about used games even after the DRM policy was revealed. It was all PR spin as to how they classified used games. Microsoft wasn't going to block rented or used games, but they were going to drastically change the ecosystem of them. Sony planned to do the same and the only proof you need is their day one update (the same one that bricked countless consoles).
Spin all you want but Sony didn't include DRM and there is no proof they were going to, just speculation and assumptions, no matter how much you want that to be a reality. And probably the reason you believe that comment was carefully crafted deceptive doublespeak is because you worship the company that are the masters of it.

To those of you with console or other issues: what did you choose for your free xbone game? I had a broken day one controller and heard about the free game for people having issues, I just called back and said I never got a code then they promptly sent me one for Forza 5! All they had left to offer was that, Ryse, and zoo tycoon

Spin all you want but Sony didn't include DRM and there is no proof they were going to, just speculation and assumptions, no matter how much you want that to be a reality. And probably the reason you believe that comment was carefully crafted deceptive doublespeak is because you worship the company that are the masters of it.
Actually it's because when the interviewee was asked the question, he stepped aside and had to consult with someone else for his answer. I was watching the event closely because I was concerned about the move towards getting rid of used and rented games and I wanted to see if Sony was going to be the first to reveal it at that event. The interview site (can't remember who - one of the big ones) asked it right away and described how the person didn't know how to answer.

Actually it's because when the interviewee was asked the question, he stepped aside and had to consult with someone else for his answer. I was watching the event closely because I was concerned about the move towards getting rid of used and rented games and I wanted to see if Sony was going to be the first to reveal it at that event. The interview site (can't remember who - one of the big ones) asked it right away and described how the person didn't know how to answer.
Link or it didn't happen, however even if it did happen as you say, that is hardly definitive proof of anything because unless it was Cerny or a system architect they very well may have not known the answer.

On a different topic, I was supposed to received my shipped copy of Ryse topped via Best Buy.  They shipped it through UPS Innovations, which in some form or fashion employs the Post Office.  According to the tracking, it was at my local post office as of 11/23.  I expected it any day, as it said should be delivered as of 11/27.  No delivery today and now it shows as being in a completely different state!  Now if I'm lucky, I might get it on Friday.  The fuck - ing Post Office is the worst. 

Link or it didn't happen, however even if it did happen as you say, that is hardly definitive proof of anything because unless it was Cerny or a system architect they very well may have not known the answer.
I found this interesting:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/sony-hints-ps4-does-contain-feature-block-used-games-its-publishers-use-it

The feature would work similar to the Online Pass system which uses activation codes as a way to "lock" a disc to an individual user or account but in a larger scale. Instead of just locking out the game's multiplayer, the entire game itself would be locked out if the game is detected as a used copy. His answer:

“It's a publisher decision. We are not talking about it. Sorry.”

Uh oh. My Xbox One with a couple games shipped. it says status: delivered on USPS.com's website, but I never got it.

On Amazon it still says in transit. So not sure what to do here.

Any help?

Uh oh. My Xbox One with a couple games shipped. it says status: delivered on USPS.com's website, but I never got it.

Any help?
When did it say delivered? It could possibly be about to be delivered and the dumb driver is lazy and scanned it ahead of time... call the post office?

Any help?
Amazon's site doesn't always update correctly. If it shipped through USPS and it says it was delivered, assume USPS fuck ed it up. See my post above about how they screwed up my game delivery....

When did it say delivered? It could possibly be about to be delivered and the dumb driver is lazy and scanned it ahead of time... call the post office?
It said delivered at 9:31 am, which is weird. Because I checked the tracking at around 1 pm and it said "out for delivery" then an hour ago it updated to delivered at 9:31 am.

Thank you for driving my post way off topic. Talk about spinning things your way :p

Xbot...that is comical. I might actually take you seriously if you stop resorting to insults in your very first reply to me. All I said was that features are missing because MS decided to do a 180 on some parts of the X1, causing a setback in development. I would think you would take that as a victory for Sony, but sure attack me :roll:

Amazon told me via chat that they contacted the carrier directly and it has not been delivered. Said Amazon nor USPS has any clue why it has been listed as Delivered. Then the Amazon CS rep apologized and said it would be delivered after the date that they told me.

She said probably tomorrow.

I said tomorrow is Thanksgiving, there is no mail.

She said ok, then Friday.

Something is fishy...

Amazon told me via chat that they contacted the carrier directly and it has not been delivered. Said Amazon nor USPS has any clue why it has been listed as Delivered. Then the Amazon CS rep apologized and said it would be delivered after the date that they told me.

Something is fishy...
What kind of shipping did you use, if you used prime then you need to request a credit since you have shorter shipping?

Something is fishy...
Not entirely. In my years of selling on Amazon, it's happened a few times where the package was marked as delivered but had not been delivered yet. Almost every time it was delivered the next mail day, and I've always chalked it up to a mis-scan in the morning and not actually getting loaded on the truck.

Man.. Ryse is pretty impressive...glad i got it..

Sure.. i understand some of the negatives the reviewers have mentions.. but it is something different and looks damn good.

Question:

I haven't kept up with this thread the past few days. Did anyone receive a Day One edition from a newegg preorder? I put my preorder in the day they went live with Newegg (sometime over the summer) and I got a standard green box. 

Question:

I haven't kept up with this thread the past few days. Did anyone receive a Day One edition from a newegg preorder? I put my preorder in the day they went live with Newegg (sometime over the summer) and I got a standard green box.
This is all I could find about newegg preorders

https://twitter.com/Newegg/status/403258314324058113

https://twitter.com/Newegg/status/403257212774014977

Thank you for driving my post way off topic. Talk about spinning things your way :p

Xbot...that is comical. I might actually take you seriously if you stop resorting to insults in your very first reply to me. All I said was that features are missing because MS decided to do a 180 on some parts of the X1, causing a setback in development. I would think you would take that as a victory for Sony, but sure attack me :roll:
Your post insinuated that had Sony gone first they would have done things differently, basically saying Sony was reacting to announcements Microsoft made. So I made points proving your theory wrong, how is that spinning things my way?

Not too shabby;  I just sold my Forza Day One code for $20.

Also, the preowned copy of Ryse that I picked up tonight was a Day One copy and has both a Live trial and the Day One code.  Does anyone know if you can check the codes without redeeming (like you could on the 360)?

Your post insinuated that had Sony gone first they would have done things differently, basically saying Sony was reacting to announcements Microsoft made. So I made points proving your theory wrong, how is that spinning things my way?
come on. Sony's presentation had a freaking PowerPoint slide obviously made five minutes before showtime. Not to mention the 'how to share games' video.

Sony did a great job spinning MS's presentation and working off it. No one will ever know what they really had planned. Judging by the fact that a handful of launch games are online only and the death of the online pass, I think we can all guess what MS and Sony had originally planned.

So, that would mean Sony had just as much time to change their OS? Wouldn't that mean both of their OS would have been built around digital only/always on line architecture?

So, that would mean Sony had just as much time to change their OS? Wouldn't that mean both of their OS would have been built around digital only/always on line architecture?

Sure. Again, this had nothing to do with sony...all i said was that i thought ms left some stuff out/did not finish because of their drm reversal.

come on. Sony's presentation had a freaking PowerPoint slide obviously made five minutes before showtime. Not to mention the 'how to share games' video.

Sony did a great job spinning MS's presentation and working off it. No one will ever know what they really had planned. Judging by the fact that a handful of launch games are online only and the death of the online pass, I think we can all guess what MS and Sony had originally planned.
I agree Sony played off of Microsoft's ineptness. But Sony's presentation only put an escalation point on the 3 weeks of intense negative PR that had lead up to E3. Sony didn't help by doing that, but that doesn't mean if Sony had gone first and wasn't able to fire shots that Microsoft wouldn't have had to reverse the DRM, they were facing a shitstorm of bad PR regardless.

Just curious.. what picture settings are you using on your xbox one?

Two settings in particular that stand out for me are color depth and color space. 

bread's done
Back