Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

really wonder how many pre orders was drop today because of this news. to be honest makes no sense why you would cancel or evne pre order a 400/500 doller system for a game that is also coming out on 360 and ps3 and pc. yes you might have the game look better then current gen but gameplay im sure is the same. But sounds like alot of people are doing it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
really wonder how many pre orders was drop today because of this news. to be honest makes no sense why you would cancel or evne pre order a 400/500 doller system for a game that is also coming out on 360 and ps3 and pc. yes you might have the game look better then current gen but gameplay im sure is the same. But sounds like alot of people are doing it.
I honestly got a xbox one to play nba 2k14 and fifa 14. I have them both on xbox 360 at the moment but, havent really gotten into them. Im hoping the gameplay for nba 2k14 is fixed on xbox one as to it seems they dont care much about current gen.

I wasn't too worried about getting Watchdogs right away anyway. I'm most pumped for Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Crimson Dragon, and Killer Instinct. Plus the other games that will come out on current gen but look better on Xbone, such as Skylanders Swap Force and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.

Watch Dogs getting delayed just means one less game I have to think about picking up at launch, there are enough for me at the moment already that I'll be set for a while, will be nice to spend a little less money on less day I suppose :p

I am impacted in a different way than most it seems about Watch Dogs... As it is an Ubisoft title I had planned on waiting until around Spring time to pick it up at a drastically reduced price. Though now with the date pushed back to Spring it looks like I will have to wait even longer for it to drop in price! : P

Eh, really nothing to get mad about. Wouldnt you be more mad if they releases a game on time that was buggy/needed a patch?

Last of Us and Bioshock kept getting pushed back and look how well they turned out.
GTA V too, unofficially. Well worth the wait too.

I just recently finished AC3 and I liked it. There was some technical/glitchy things about it, but I thought it was pretty good. I haven't followed the stories since probably the first one to be honest. It's too far out there. but I enjoy the gameplay. Was it the story or gameplay that turned you off so badly?
Both story and gameplay. For anyone who has played through the whole series so far, the (Desmond) ending was arguably more insulting than the ending for Mass Effect 3. Compared to previous games, gameplay pacing was bad, too(especially the beginning with the "two separate" tutorials -- being vague here on purpose to not give away spoilers) and the world was way too empty compared to previous games.

I didn't think the Crew was ever coming out this year? I always thought it was spring 14, but now it's summer.
Idk exactly. Aside from The Run, NFS games have been holding their prices even through the spring of the following year. Since I've been a cheapo in the past, I have always had to wait til the summer to get a good bargain on them.

I'm pretty sure Watch Dogs is already done, they just decided to delay it to not compete with the holiday releases and just give it a little more of is own release. Man Ubisoft has a lot of games in development.

I just talked to the live chat support and got some comforting news. Apparently, each person who pre-orders will have a console set aside for them for 8 days.

uaeWQNt.jpg

yes that has been known and talked about in this thread, if your preorder comes in it is set aside with your name on it, but like someone else who posted a chat with BB support, if for some reason the stock is less than expected, preorders will be fulfilled in the order received... Again, another item discussed, most if not all people who preordered early will get their consoles.  The more recent preorders are the one that may have to wait a little bit of time to get theirs... they do it now with all their preorders.

For anyone who's interested, here's how the PS3/360 launch games stack up to Xbox One/PS4.

Xbox 360-

Amped 3
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
Gun
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark Zero
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
PS3-
Call of Duty 3
Genji: Days of the Blade
Madden NFL 07
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

NBA 07
NBA 2K7

Need for Speed: Carbon
NHL 2K7
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tony Hawk's Project 8

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Is CoD Ghosts coming out earlier than the console launch? GS has it releasing the 5th and BB has it on the 19th.

I wouldn't mind getting games prior to release.

Just like the Wii U, third party games will likely release a week or so early. Both consoles come out on a friday so expect some games to be out the tuesday before.

Just like the Wii U, third party games will likely release a week or so early. Both consoles come out on a friday so expect some games to be out the tuesday before.
Good to hear. I have my console pre-ordered at GS and credit at various stores so I'd like to get all my games beforehand so I can enjoy them come release day rather than driving around on release day to pick them up.

Thanks

I'm not so sure if I will pick up a PS4 at launch anymore so that gives me hope that I will get an Xbox One. I really wanted it before all the bad policies and they've changed enough of that to satisfy me. The biggest deterrent is the $499 price but if I don't get a next-gen system until 2014/2015 maybe that will go down. Does anyone know if they're selling the X1 at a loss or profit? I'm hopeful for a $399 system (even with Kinect) by the end of 2014.

I'm not so sure if I will pick up a PS4 at launch anymore so that gives me hope that I will get an Xbox One. I really wanted it before all the bad policies and they've changed enough of that to satisfy me. The biggest deterrent is the $499 price but if I don't get a next-gen system until 2014/2015 maybe that will go down. Does anyone know if they're selling the X1 at a loss or profit? I'm hopeful for a $399 system (even with Kinect) by the end of 2014.
I highly doubt we will see Xbox one or ps4 drop in price by the end of 2014 it usually takes longer then that. If they do drop it will be something like $50 cheaper not $100.

I highly doubt we will see Xbox one or ps4 drop in price by the end of 2014 it usually takes longer then that. If they do drop it will be something like $50 cheaper not $100.
I see price changes (or at least bundle changes) by end of the next year. Here's a history of bundle change/price cuts. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Price_cuts

Only one that didn't budge was the Wii, but why did it have to? It was selling like hotcakes for those first 2 years. :D

Is CoD Ghosts coming out earlier than the console launch? GS has it releasing the 5th and BB has it on the 19th.

I wouldn't mind getting games prior to release.
I have been wondering this as well. Most retailers seem to have the software out (at least tentatively) on that Tuesday before the Friday of release. I would love to snatch up Dead Rising 3 and Ryse at TRU with my coupons earlier in the week and then when I get my console at GS at midnight I can just trade up my BF4 and CoD and be all set!

Anyone have any concrete information on how this is being handled?

I got an odd phone call from GameStop informing me they are doing something the Tuesday before X1 launches where they will have the system their to play plus some of the games and accessories will be available for pickup.  He also said they will be offering 30% trade in bonus that day to help payoff the system.  

Doubt I'll go to that, I want the system bitch!!

I got an odd phone call from GameStop informing me they are doing something the Tuesday before X1 launches where they will have the system their to play plus some of the games and accessories will be available for pickup. He also said they will be offering 30% trade in bonus that day to help payoff the system.

Doubt I'll go to that, I want the system bitch!!
I guess that should answer my question for the most part haha

I have been wondering this as well. Most retailers seem to have the software out (at least tentatively) on that Tuesday before the Friday of release. I would love to snatch up Dead Rising 3 and Ryse at TRU with my coupons earlier in the week and then when I get my console at GS at midnight I can just trade up my BF4 and CoD and be all set!

Anyone have any concrete information on how this is being handled?
I believe you may have to swap that plan. IIRC, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse are "Day One" games and they literally come out on the day of the system launch. BF4 and CoD, on the other hand, come out early, probably since they are also releasing for the Xbox 360 and PS3

I believe you may have to swap that plan. IIRC, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse are "Day One" games and they literally come out on the day of the system launch. BF4 and CoD, on the other hand, come out early, probably since they are also releasing for the Xbox 360 and PS3
I thought of that, but either way I figured all the games would just release on Tuesday regardless of which one.

Oh well, we shall wait and see I suppose!

Just read DriveClub is getting delayed, that's a blow to the PS4 launch lineup.  Hopefully no more delays happen to the X1 launch lineup, it's still very solid. 

Not a lot of waiting left : D
Over a month. That is quite a while in my book unfortunately. I really will barely have time anyway. I work full time and am a full time grad student at night. My finals are all due the week after release and as I am in Animation they are all time consuming pieces.

Then after finals I am flying down to Florida to visit with family and be on vacation down there for a little under two weeks.

Haha so really while it may come out towards the end of November, I won't really have any time at all to truly delve into (other than that Friday that I am calling in sick for) until mid December!

Just read DriveClub is getting delayed, that's a blow to the PS4 launch lineup. Hopefully no more delays happen to the X1 launch lineup, it's still very solid.
Everything has looked fine from what I've seen. Drive Club had some changes the last few times it was shown in terms of graphics and FPS. Forza hasn't changed much, Dead Rising 3 got It's frame rate issue fixed, KI looks the same, and well... Ryse is gonna Ryse, so I see nothing for the big titles. Maybe Lococycle or Crimson Dragon? Kinect Sports was already delayed till March.

I get that but I don't think X1 or PS4 will sell well out of the gate. Sure, they'll post good holiday numbers globally but then sales will tank in January throughout the spring and summer with some exceptions. There is a huge drought brewing with only Project Spark in early 2014 for X1 and InFamous in Feb for PS4. The same thing that happened to Wii U this year looks like it will happen to them.

Mind you in March/April Wii U got Lego City, Monster Hunter, Need For Speed, and others while PS4/X1 will get Destiny, Titan Fall (X1) and others during Spring. Not entirely the same but still the PS4/X1 have a huge dry spell coming during Jan-Apr if nothing gets delayed.

I'm thinking sub-100k for both new consoles starting in January and all the way until June or July. Someone will cut price but whether its 2014 or 2015 remains to be seen.

You know what my biggest problem with these new consoles is? I've got a perfectly fine working 360 that can play most of their big 2014 titles. Dying Light, Metal Gear Solid 5, Project Spark, Destiny, TitanFall and Watch Dogs all will be on 360 and don't look like they'll have massive downgrades. Also, Deadrising 3 is going to come to 360 eventually

You know what my biggest problem with these new consoles is? I've got a perfectly fine working 360 that can play most of their big 2014 titles. Dying Light, Metal Gear Solid 5, Project Spark, Destiny, TitanFall and Watch Dogs all will be on 360 and don't look like they'll have massive downgrades. Also, Deadrising 3 is going to come to 360 eventually
Watch Dogs for current gen looks terrible. Don't know about the other games because I haven't seen them for current gen.

Go back and read post #2017 about the 360 launch list. Only 7 of the 18 games were NOT available for the original Xbox. Most of those games that were on both systems weren't exponentially better on the 360. That's just how launch titles are. The hype makes people think they need a new console on day 1. Only reason I'm getting a PS4 on day 1 is because my employee discount makes it easier to sell off without taking as much of a hit if/when I get bored with it.

Both story and gameplay. For anyone who has played through the whole series so far, the (Desmond) ending was arguably more insulting than the ending for Mass Effect 3. Compared to previous games, gameplay pacing was bad, too(especially the beginning with the "two separate" tutorials -- being vague here on purpose to not give away spoilers) and the world was way too empty compared to previous games.

Idk exactly. Aside from The Run, NFS games have been holding their prices even through the spring of the following year. Since I've been a cheapo in the past, I have always had to wait til the summer to get a good bargain on them.
I was so fucking pissed when that happened...

The entire series is kind of building up to sort of a modern day setting where you get to play as Desmond with all the abilities he's attained, and then all of the sudden hes dead...

Go back and read post #2017 about the 360 launch list. Only 7 of the 18 games were NOT available for the original Xbox. Most of those games that were on both systems weren't exponentially better on the 360. That's just how launch titles are. The hype makes people think they need a new console on day 1. Only reason I'm getting a PS4 on day 1 is because my employee discount makes it easier to sell off without taking as much of a hit if/when I get bored with it.
I know, I was there when 360 released. What exclusives does Xbox One have at launch? Forza? With Deadrising, Spark and Lococycle also coming to 360 I can't think of more than one X1 exclusive

Have any of you guys seen NBA Live's brief teaser? Is absolutely terrible for next gen. EA has never really been good with their basketball franchise, but so far, it doesn't look good and I'm afraid of what Madden will look like.
I dont know why people were expecting anything good out of that new live. I already knew it was gonna look like hell EA cant get there character models right they always, and I mean always look like gumby since when I could remember. They need to stick on fixing Madden and Fifa. Those are the two best franchises they have in sports.

lol... to be expected from EA, the folks who had NBA Live ready to go and canceled.

Then they were going to release it as a base game for XBL/PSN for cheap.... only to cancel.

I'm sure a majority of the sports games won't look good outside of NBA2k.

I'm curious to see how The FIghter Within looks/plays because Fighters Uncaged was pretty bad. TFW is like the sequel no one asked for.

We are going to have a lot of gamecrap on our hands at launch. But that happens every console launch because of the lack of games available in a consoles first and second year of life.

lol... to be expected from EA, the folks who had NBA Live ready to go and canceled.
Then they were going to release it as a base game for XBL/PSN for cheap.... only to cancel.

I'm sure a majority of the sports games won't look good outside of NBA2k.

I'm curious to see how The FIghter Within looks/plays because Fighters Uncaged was pretty bad. TFW is like the sequel no one asked for.

We are going to have a lot of gamecrap on our hands at launch. But that happens every console launch because of the lack of games available in a consoles first and second year of life.
I actually think FIFA's gonna look good. I like all the improvements they made this year only two games I'm getting at launch are NBA 2k and FIFA I'll wait on reviews of other stuff. Not really interested in anything else but killer instinct and that f2p.

Xbox One actually gained a launch title this week: Zumba Fitness World Party. Not the most exciting game, but every little bit helps.

I just preordered my second Xbox One console from BestBuy, this one via the website. Hope they will let me pick it up alongside my in-store preorder at midnight on release day.

bread's done
Back