Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

If someone doesn't really want their day 1 controller ill trade you for the standard one I picked up and pay both of our shipping...i would love a second day 1 controller >.>"

Not really all that surprising. They've always given me the scumbag vibe since the PS2 days and they've done very little to change that ever since.
Xbots have short memories, Microsoft has ran their mouth the entire generation, now it hurts when the shoe is on the other foot? Quit blaming Sony for Microsoft making such a weak console that gives the competition these marketing opportunities. And sadly you are going to have to endure this the entire generation, the next 8-10 years, so get use to it.

Remember this:

360boat.jpg

Microsoft did this on the PS3 launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing beats waiting in line in 71 degree Houston weather :) I almost wore shorts! At BB six deep in pre order line and 50 in the buy today, which is growing. Skipped out on PS4 midnight launch, figure I'll do it for this One

two hours till i go get my xbone  :bouncy:  been looking at bf4 since two this after noon can't wait to get into the next gen. I hope the pre order line is not that big at best buy.

Leaving Vernon, CA on its way to San Diego, CA. Should arrive here sometime around 10PM, be put on the truck for delivery at around 7AM.... and arrive at my house at 6pm because the UPS driver always wants to go to my house last.... DAMN I wish I could just pick it up from the hub.

Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Ryse doesnt scream "OMG so much better" than Killzone and Knack.

Both launch line ups are pretty much the same so I have no idea how anyone can say one is leap and bounds better than the other tbh.

Also, the last Zelda handle game was in 2009 so its been 4 years between games and Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were 5 years apart so I have no idea how the compares to Call of Duty, lol.

Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Ryse doesnt scream "OMG so much better" than Killzone and Knack.

Both launch line ups are pretty much the same so I have no idea how anyone can say one is leap and bounds better than the other tbh.
this i agree with only reason i decdied to get a next gen system is that seems like games like bf4 and nba 2k just play better on next gen

Stopped by Walmart for the pre-BlackFriday sale which was ringing up early.

They had 7 people in line for the Xbox One and 18 units in stock. Those didn't include preorders which no preorder customer had come in yet and it was 10:00. They were surprised considering how chaotic the PS4 crowd was.

this i agree with only reason i decdied to get a next gen system is that seems like games like bf4 and nba 2k just play better on next gen
I'm with you on that, however, 2K Sports stripped the PS4/XBOne versions of NBA 2k14 down to naked. Several modes and options REMOVED from the new versions. Just pimpin' the graphics, then bend you over. Not cool at all.

For those that preordered at bestbuy how are they doing things?

Do I wait til midnight or can I show up now with my preorder day one edition?

I'm buying this just to resell

Cal here 7:40pm PST

I'm with you on that, however, 2K Sports stripped the PS4/XBOne versions of NBA 2k14 down to naked. Several modes and options REMOVED from the new versions. Just pimpin' the graphics, then bend you over. Not cool at all.
I thought they added to it. For example replacing associtation with mygm which is supposedly way more thorough.

For those that preordered at bestbuy how are they doing things?
Do I wait til midnight or can I show up now with my preorder day one edition?
This day one ed will be for resell

Cal here 7:40pm PST

Go pay it off beforehand. I would get in line. I figute in Cali youll have a big line

[quote name="Monsta Mack" post="11266427" timestamp="1385091856"]
lol why does that disc look like a saw blade?[/quote]
Makes sense since dead rising is promoting throwing that saw blade thingy.

im not really a giant basketball fan i mostly play career mode/myplayer and nba today and all thost modes look awsome.

I got the email saying I'm getting a standard instead of day one. I'm cool with a 50.00 off + no tax xbox one! 👍
I can see why some would prefer to have a Day One Edition, but I'd rather have a standard at $50 off. That almost covers the cost of a game or controller. I'm not that picky when it comes to special packaging, controllers, etc. I just wanna play them. Most likely, I'll be flipping my Day One controller and code on ebay if they're even worth flipping. I haven't looked them up so I don't know. My X1 will be here tomorrow, but I haven't picked up any games yet.

Do they let you purchase your pre order with attachments? Wanna get the XBL card and Ryse on one transaction. It's going to suck if they don't.

Just noticed I got this mail about an hour and a half ago.

xbox1-oops.png

I went back in this thread 5 pages but didn't see anyone else mention it.

I'm pretty pissed about this. The whole allure to me was the Day One version, because it's such a rarity. The regular version? I can get that anytime, really.

Still, it's $50 off the price, so at least there's that. But dammit, this whole thing just lost a lot of allure to me.

Anyone else receive a similar email?

lol yeah I just looked at that again too. Must have been a fun seven days with the PS4 to sit and do that and also go and continually sit on message boards and smear any and every thread about the Xbox. The Xbox One board on GameFAQs is still unusable and unbearable unless you feel like a laugh and not any serious discussion.

You know what I won't be doing tomorrow at this time? Giving any care about whatever crap the PS4 has going on or what its supporters are saying on a board. Yet that's seemingly their main concern when it comes to us post-PS4 launch.
Nothing better to do. This and the loners in here fanning the fanboy flames and that Sony post don't show any confidence. Just arrogance. We will continue to play nice. Don't worry, we will be content and not bothering you all this time next week. We will be enjoying our games and entertainment experience. You all obviously are already so bored you need to hang out here!
dude just stop go play your ps4
No games, he already beat Resogun
I'm going to assume we won't hear from any of you Xbots over the next week? Because nobody takes a break from gaming to get on the internet. smh

And then there is this: PS4 Exclusives Score Higher than Xbox One Exclusives

xbox1-oops.png

I'm pretty pissed about this. The whole allure to me was the Day One version, because it's such a rarity. The regular version? I can get that anytime, really.

Still, it's $50 off the price, so at least there's that. But dammit, this whole thing just lost a lot of allure to me.

I too would be pissed. there are those who only want the console to play and those who only want the console for its special edition. I'm the latter

I suppose what you could do is find a friend and do a trade

Amazon Wednesday preorder just arrived in my city.  My UPS tracking only said it had a label printed the entire day, but it updated once it hit my local hub.  It did originally say 11/25, but it was updated to early delivery 11/22.

Was scared to have it held for pickup due to it telling me it would be available on Monday, but called and the rep said she'll make it so I can pick it up tomorrow.  Have Forza 5 and Super Mario 3D World waiting as well.  It will be a fun weekend =D

So whats the final word on the Best Buy 3 game Xbox One promotion?

I know it says all xbox one games, but I thought I remember people saying some of them dont qualify? 

Whats going on with that

Also, the last Zelda handle game was in 2009 so its been 4 years between games and Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were 5 years apart so I have no idea how the compares to Call of Duty, lol.
Really? Try again

In addition, Nintendo celebrated the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda game by releasing a Zelda game for all its current consoles in 2011: Link's Awakening in the 3DS's Virtual Console on June 7, Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS in mid-June, Four Swords Anniversary Edition[87] on September 28, 2011 to February 20, 2012 as a free DSiWare download and Skyward Sword for the Wii, which was released on November 18, 2011 in Europe, November 20, 2011 in the United States and November 24, 2011 in Australia. A limited edition Zelda 25th anniversary 3DS was also released on December 1, 2011 in Australia.[88]

In late January 2013, Nintendo revealed a HD remake of The Wind Waker for Wii U[89] which released on September 20th digitally on the Nintendo eShop in North America with a retail release on September 26th in Japan, October 4th in North America and Europe, October 5th in Australia. Oh and A Link Between Worlds comes out tomorrow

xbox1-oops.png

Yes, a few other folks have mentioned receiving the same email a few pages back. Definitely a bummer....

My friend (InedibleFood) posted this in the thread and caught flak for saying he was considering cancelling it. Personally, I don't agree with cancelling, but maybe I'm biased as I wanted to play with him and I got the Day One edition. He doesn't have Prime either, so that $50 only covers Shipping+Tax.

Why anyone aligns themselves with multibillion dollar companies is beyond me. I chose xbox for the first time if it doesn't serve me well I'll switch. No allegiance or bickering or hats or stickers.

Did people get those e-mails after the product already shipped? I guess I must have lucked out and gotten a Day One. Even still, I'm much more interested in a standard edition and the discount LOL.

You're so wrong. They took out my player and career which hadn't been updated in years for some cool new modes. Watch a video review on ign, looks awesome. Quarreling with your teammates etc. Deepens it for me.

Really? Try again

In addition, Nintendo celebrated the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda game by releasing a Zelda game for all its current consoles in 2011: Link's Awakening in the 3DS's Virtual Console on June 7, Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS in mid-June, Four Swords Anniversary Edition[87] on September 28, 2011 to February 20, 2012 as a free DSiWare download and Skyward Sword for the Wii, which was released on November 18, 2011 in Europe, November 20, 2011 in the United States and November 24, 2011 in Australia. A limited edition Zelda 25th anniversary 3DS was also released on December 1, 2011 in Australia.[88]

In late January 2013, Nintendo revealed a HD remake of The Wind Waker for Wii U[89] which released on September 20th digitally on the Nintendo eShop in North America with a retail release on September 26th in Japan, October 4th in North America and Europe, October 5th in Australia. Oh and A Link Between Worlds comes out tomorrow
Are you really going to count re-releases? lol.

I'm going to assume we won't hear from any of you Xbots over the next week? Because nobody takes a break from gaming to get on the internet. smh

And then there is this: PS4 Exclusives Score Higher than Xbox One Exclusives
You're still here? I can deal with Deader (sorry bro, you just come off as incredibly pessimistic about the XB1, which is understandable given what happened with the announcement, although things have also changed since then), but you seem like you're on here more to bash the XB1 instead of playing your PS4 (maybe it's the fact that you're posts are very antagonizing). I don't mind people being critical, but everything you see turns out being negative. I don't care if you're getting one, nobody wants to hear it.

By the way, they're comparing two completely different game populations, the average score for all games for each console means nothing if you compare them to each other.

Did people get those e-mails after the product already shipped? I guess I must have lucked out and gotten a Day One. Even still, I'm much more interested in a standard edition and the discount LOL.
Yeah did any of the amazon people get notice they were getting shipped a day one and then later get the appology notice sorry but they are not getting a day one but instead an ugly green box?

bread's done
Back