Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

All video and audio calibrated.  Zero packet loss on DL or UL.  Speed is 50+ down, 10+ up.  This thing is performing better than any other device I've ever had.

Too bad the reviewers didn't put this much care into actually setting things up correctly.

All video and audio calibrated. Zero packet loss on DL or UL. Speed is 50+ down, 10+ up. This thing is performing better than any other device I've ever had.

Too bad the reviewers didn't put this much care into actually setting things up correctly.
So are you not going to honor the bet you made?

Also, its funny, problems with PS4? "LOL SONY IS A PIECE OF SHIT COMPANY!"

Problems with Xbox One? "Clearly the reviewers and other people have no idea what they are doing"

Last edited by a moderator:
My day one I ordered in the 15 minute window on 11/20 will be here on 11/25. It's shipping Fedex to usps. And I have prime..weird..

Just picked up my pre-order form Gamestop. Top corner is a little bent, but who cares? As long as I have it. I love this black box, much better than the regular green one. They sold the last 12 Month Day One Live cards to a person just a couple spots ahead of me. I wonder if I can bring my receipt to another Gamestop and ask if they could sell a $40 live card to me.

I also bought Forza 5 LE and on the receipt, it says there's a code for $5 in Microsoft currency. Just a heads up in case one of you bought the LE and didn't know.

Problems with Xbox One? "Clearly the reviewers and other people have no idea what they are doing"
The Xbox One isn't having issues though. The thing is perfect. There's like five cases of user error (most likely "testing out" putting it in vertical position with a disc inside.

Just chatted with Amazon about my console that's stuck in "Shipping Now" status. The response I got was encouraging, but I'm still somewhat skeptical:

"According to our system, it should get to you by today, even though the status seems to say otherwise. The carrier hasn't picked it up, but you'll get it, don't worry."

Well, Amazon fucked up like crazy. A co-worker ordered a Day One Xbox One five or six days after pre-orders opened and got his this morning. Meanwhile, mine is "Shipping Soon" (and somehow still expected to arrive today before 8:00pm. Keep in mind this is shipping to an office that I did not plan to be at past 6:00 (our Amazon deliveries typically come at 10am).

But the real kicker - Amazon couldn't get me a Day One Edition due to "overwhelming" demand. Keep in mind I pre-ordered the minute they were available on June 10th. This is unacceptable - so now I'm stuck waiting at my office all day (for an order that couldn't possibly make it here by 8:00) and I'm not even getting the item I ordered (they've changed it to a standard edition).

The Xbox One isn't having issues though. The thing is perfect. There's like five cases of user error (most likely "testing out" putting it in vertical position with a disc inside.
Jesus f-ing christ you are ridiculous. You are in denial. The PS4 isn't the only one with problems.

Pull Microsoft's dick out of your throat for a single moment and grow up.

Edit.

When the the "shaq-fu" go away?

Just took my Xbox One's v-card with Forza 5.  Already at 10% install in less than four minutes.  Every voice command I've used, and I've used a lot, has been perfectly heard and so on.  I was worried for a second just before using the Kinect cause I had never done it before, but I knew I could trust it to work and it did.

I wish I didn't have to leave in a few hours, but I'll be back home with it within a couple hours and I'll be bringing back my favorite food, Domino's cheese pizza and parmesan bread bites.  I'll put pics of it on my Flickr as well.

Call them when you get it, explain calmly how maybe you took the day off for it, and blah, blah, blah... Someone in the PS4 thread had this happened to them, they ended up with a free game for the inconvinence...
I had a similar issue with delivery. I ordered my ps4 games on 11/12 w/ 2 day prime and was told they'd arrive by 11/15. They didn't end up shipping until 11/14 but they still said they'd be delivered by 11/15. They didn't end up being delivered until that Monday. To make matters worse, I never received my AC4 pre-order bonuses of $5 or any of the DLC.

I contacted Amazon CS and they said, "sorry about the delivery troubles but that's why it is an "estimated delivery" time". Then in response to all my missing perks, they said "well make a note here so that doesn't happen again and I've added a $10 credit to your account".

It's something but after all those screw-ups, I was still bummed.

Sure wish I could join the party. My system has been on the UPS truck for delivery since 630 this morning. UPS usually comes around her between 1-2. Its almost 5 and Ive seen nothing.

Well, Amazon fucked up like crazy. A co-worker ordered a Day One Xbox One five or six days after pre-orders opened and got his this morning. Meanwhile, mine is "Shipping Soon" (and somehow still expected to arrive today before 8:00pm. Keep in mind this is shipping to an office that I did not plan to be at past 6:00 (our Amazon deliveries typically come at 10am).

But the real kicker - Amazon couldn't get me a Day One Edition due to "overwhelming" demand. Keep in mind I pre-ordered the minute they were available on June 10th. This is unacceptable - so now I'm stuck waiting at my office all day (for an order that couldn't possibly make it here by 8:00) and I'm not even getting the item I ordered (they've changed it to a standard edition).
Welcome to the club I guess, except my preorder was Newegg and not Amazon. I upgraded to overnight shipping so I'd have it this weekend but my FedEx tracking number has just been stuck at "Shipment information sent to FedEx" since last night, so I'm guessing it'll show up on Monday at this point even though it had been guaranteed to be today. Then to top it off I found out that all Newegg orders, even all original preorders going back to when they went up in June, are only getting standard editions, not Day One's...

The same sort of shipping delay happened last week with Newegg's PS4 preorders, only then they justified it due to some accident on a nearby freeway in LA that prevented FedEx from picking up the packages. The One is shipping from Newegg's TN warehouse though and thus far I have no clue what the holdup could be. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me?

Of course he's not going to honor it, come on, man, this is the only human interaction he gets outside of his mother.

Just took my Xbox One's v-card with Forza 5. Already at 10% install in less than four minutes. Every voice command I've used, and I've used a lot, has been perfectly heard and so on. I was worried for a second just before using the Kinect cause I had never done it before, but I knew I could trust it to work and it did.

I wish I didn't have to leave in a few hours, but I'll be back home with it within a couple hours and I'll be bringing back my favorite food, Domino's cheese pizza and parmesan bread bites. I'll put pics of it on my Flickr as well.
It didn't cry after you finished playing Forza did it?

I thought you couldn't play games until 50% install? Forza was ready to play at 13%.
I was playing Ryse at about 4% installed. I guess it all depends. Not too sure why everyone bashed on this game so hard. It isnt the best game ever but it is a fun game with great graphics and good use of the Kinect.. which I never expected to use.

Am I the only one who thinks that MS has something special in store for people who have the Day One Achievement? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Just took my Xbox One's v-card with Forza 5. Already at 10% install in less than four minutes. Every voice command I've used, and I've used a lot, has been perfectly heard and so on. I was worried for a second just before using the Kinect cause I had never done it before, but I knew I could trust it to work and it did.

I wish I didn't have to leave in a few hours, but I'll be back home with it within a couple hours and I'll be bringing back my favorite food, Domino's cheese pizza and parmesan bread bites. I'll put pics of it on my Flickr as well.
LMAO @ "Already at 10% install in less than four minutes." Also, I'm sure it's easy for Kinect to hear you when you're all alone in your parents' basement... and you're up close and personal trying to make love to it. Now please, for the love of god, honor your bet and go away!

I wonder if I can get a Mod to just ban him since he clearly made a bet and isn't honoring it.
You might have a better chance finding the post, I looked for the last hour... You might want to look through your posts on your profile, might be the best bet to find it.

Battlefield 4 installed way faster then I thought it would, already going through my list dling all of the queued items now, getting great speeds on those as well. 

You might have a better chance finding the post, I looked for the last hour... You might want to look through your posts on your profile, might be the best bet to find it.
I tired to find it but couldnt. it likely got cleaned up. I could try and ask io since I think hes the one that cleaned it up and likely saw it/can still se eit.

You looked for the last hour? LOL, you have nothing better to do than get someone positive about Xbox banned?

Here is the only thing I found....
Yeah, and then I was told that Xbox One was still embargoed until the 19th, so I thanked him for that info and waited until this past Tuesday to hear about if half the consoles review sites had received were broken like with the PS4. Guess what? No hardware issues whatsoever were reported in any review on Tuesday.

I tired to find it but couldnt. it likely got cleaned up. I could try and ask io since I think hes the one that cleaned it up and likely saw it/can still se eit.

Pretty sure IO swept it under the rug. Ask him.

Yeah, and then I was told that Xbox One was still embargoed until the 19th, so I thanked him for that info and waited until this past Tuesday to hear about if half the consoles review sites had received were broken like with the PS4. Guess what? No hardware issues whatsoever were reported in any review on Tuesday.
Let me repost this again for you.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/xbox-one-early-adopters-reporting-hardware-problems

Are they just making this all up then?

I called UPS and they were like yeah the driver hasn't been there yet. I was like Im aware of that. She said they can deliver up to 7pm, which is about an hour and a half away. I doubt it very seriously that it comes tonight.

Welcome to the club I guess, except my preorder was Newegg and not Amazon. I upgraded to overnight shipping so I'd have it this weekend but my FedEx tracking number has just been stuck at "Shipment information sent to FedEx" since last night, so I'm guessing it'll show up on Monday at this point even though it had been guaranteed to be today. Then to top it off I found out that all Newegg orders, even all original preorders going back to when they went up in June, are only getting standard editions, not Day One's...

The same sort of shipping delay happened last week with Newegg's PS4 preorders, only then they justified it due to some accident on a nearby freeway in LA that prevented FedEx from picking up the packages. The One is shipping from Newegg's TN warehouse though and thus far I have no clue what the holdup could be. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me?
At least Newegg didn't pour salt in the wounds by shipping Day One editions to people who ordered on the 20th. The part that gets me is that Amazon actually had Day One editions. My co-worker who ordered on June 19th got his - I ordered on the 10th. :(

Hey guys I'm having an issue with my display. It's not just the Xbox One, but it's with anything going through the HDMI. It's never happened before. I have a Pioneer Plasma, a little old but still works great. For some reason, everything is a shade of blue when the color temp is on Mid, red when it's on high, and yellow when it's on low. I'm not sure why it's doing this.

I called UPS and they were like yeah the driver hasn't been there yet. I was like Im aware of that. She said they can deliver up to 7pm, which is about an hour and a half away. I doubt it very seriously that it comes tonight.
I dont know i think ups have their tracking kind of screwed up right now. I had a game coming on the 15 and the tracking showed the game far away from me and I got it delivered an hour ago. Sad thing tho is that my xbox was supposed to be on that truck and the guy didnt have it.

I just looked on Amazon and they've dropped the prices of the Day One editions of Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse to $49.99.  If you've bought from Amazon, message them about getting a refund for the difference.  

If they won't give it, re-order and return the previous order.

Amazon's also dropped the price of Call of Duty: Ghosts to $49.99.

And I guess those black and silver slipcovers for Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising didn't actually exist?

I just looked on Amazon and they've dropped the prices of the Day One editions of Forza 5, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse to $49.99. If you've bought from Amazon, message them about getting a refund for the difference.

If they won't give it, re-order and return the previous order.
Thanks for the heads up. I just contacted support about this. Hopefully they refund me the difference.

Amazon's also dropped the price of Call of Duty: Ghosts to $49.99.

And I guess those black and silver slipcovers for Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising didn't actually exist?
They exist but they aren't slipcovers. They're just the piece of paper that has the code for the Day one Edition DLC.

bread's done
Back