Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

He just bought a Wii U recently, and a PS4. So Timbo, you have plenty of good games available to play, amigo! If you need recommendations, let me know what types of games you prefer and I'll try to make some suggestions.

Do you tend to complete games really quickly? Just curious.
sometimes yeah i beat watch dogs in a week or so and traded it in. only game i have for ps4 right now is mlb plus of course the indie ps plus stuff. wii u games mk8/zelda/pikmin/dk x1 titanfall/gwf . i know i have plenty but i will admit kind of wanting to buy a cheap 360 again i regret trading it in.

I can relate on the last point. I always regretted when I'd trade in consoles in the past, so I don't do it anymore. It's usually a huge ripoff anyway.

Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015 comes out on the 17th, I think. There will be several more downloadable games, but their release dates haven't been announced yet.
Thanks. I hope we get a nice surprise. Stealth release of Outlast was double nice.

Not looking good for Homefront. A lot of the devs at crytek UK have filed complaints about not being paid and will not be showing up for work until they have been paid. Deep silver needs to step in and figure out how much more they want to invest in a game that they have a considerable amount of money already committed to.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="fatmanforlife99" post="11893914" timestamp="1404452747"]Not looking good for Homefront. A lot of the devs at crytek UK have filed complaints about not being paid and will not be showing up for work until they have been paid. Deep silver needs to step in and figure out how much more they want to invest in a game that they have a considerable amount of money already committed to.[/quote]
Why would they inv at money in it? Crates owns the rights to it. Do they have a publishing agreement?

Yes. Deep Silver is the publisher and they have a vested, financial, interest in the games success. Did you know that Crytek UK was formerly Freed Radical who made Timesplitters who was part of Rare before that and made Goldeneye? This isnt some fly by night little dev house. This would be a loss if they go under. Shame on these Yerli brother idiots.

Here's a stack of some news I gathered mostly courtesy of /r/xboxone

The new Gears of War game has received interesting news as Lester Speight who played Cole in the previous games said on Twitter that he's been contacted about reprising his role in the new game. I'll leave the Reddit link below since Twitter isn't working.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/29t8ix/lester_speight_cole_train_confirms_he_has_been/

Sunset Overdrive's Sunset TV Youtube series showed off a new episode on July 3rd. It focuses on new Chaos Squad details with the host talking about the modes in-depth and answering some viewer questions. (Dedicated Servers confirmed!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX2o0ETG0SE&feature=youtu.be

343 Industries is said to have some Halo surprises in store as they stop by the Rooster Teeth Expo on July 5th and July the 6th. They're also going to show off my details from Halo Master Chief Collection, and event goers will be able to play the collection as well as other events.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/games-halo-at-rtx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Xbox Live Rewards will have a (Binge Watch and Play) promotion going on for 10 Weeks. One you sign up simply spend at least $60 on the Xbox Store every 2 weeks and you'll receive 5,000 credits (Equal to $5) this adds up to a total of $25 if you spend $300.

http://rewards.xbox.com/binge-offer/?utm_content=buffer63ad8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Here's a clip of exclusive gameplay for Ori and the Blindforest on the Xbox One.

https://gameone.de/blog/2014/7/1-runde-mit-ori-and-the-blind-forest     Note the site is in German.

Finally ending with a rumor. One Reddit user is noting that a user over on IGN.com's forums may have leaked some Castle Crasher 2 details. I'll leave the link to that post below as there are a lot of details.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/29s4ft/pretty_sure_an_ign_user_just_leaked_castle/

Xbox Live Rewards will have a (Binge Watch and Play) promotion going on for 10 Weeks. One you sign up simply spend at least $60 on the Xbox Store every 2 weeks and you'll receive 5,000 credits (Equal to $5) this adds up to a total of $25 if you spend $300.

http://rewards.xbox.com/binge-offer/?utm_content=buffer63ad8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Just an FYI about this one. If you read the fine print you must purchase games and video content to qualify.

Just an FYI about this one. If you read the fine print you must purchase games and video content to qualify.
I saw this as well, even though the dashboard said any combination. Bought GTA V and will probably just look for a cheap movie or TV rental to get the 5 dollars credit.

Looking for opinions on the 2 best headsets for the Xbox One. I have $35 in BBY certs that I need to spend by early Aug.
I've been eyeing the Astro A50s . . . but yeah, those are a lot more than $35. They are closer to $300. Supposedly though, they are the best that money can buy when it comes to gaming headphones according to a lot of people.

Those apparently have a lot of issues. It was hard to choose between those and the tb xo7 as they came out around the same time. I was fortunate enough to go tb, as the polks got terrible reviews.

I should say the main issue for the Polk was chatting. There was issues with voice distortion and not registering well. They may have remedied that and if you don't even use voice chat, maybe it won't affect you in that respect.

Do any of you have any issues with stuttering playback during blu-rays. Watched my first movie on my day one xb1 and got like 4-5 little hiccups during playback.

Only during certain movies, it seems.  I watched the first Hobbit the other night and it played just fine.  A few days before that I watched The Wolverine and it stuttered quite a few times throughout the movie.  Both were brand new and opened right before I watched them.

Only during certain movies, it seems. I watched the first Hobbit the other night and it played just fine. A few days before that I watched The Wolverine and it stuttered quite a few times throughout the movie. Both were brand new and opened right before I watched them.
My movie was brand new also "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" not that it matters.

If that's the case, do the fix all:  Hard reboot.

TV stuttering?  Hard reboot.

App not acting properly?  Hard reboot.

Console turns into a Decepticon and tries to kill you?  Hard reboot.  Or some well places 5.56 rounds . . . but I'd go hard reboot first.  Consoles are expensive.

To hard reboot, hold down the power button on the console for 8+ seconds.  Then, when it turns off wait about 30 seconds, and then press the power button again to power it back on.  When it turns on, it should take longer to load than normal (because it didn't go into Standby mode).  It should fix about 99% of glitches.

If that's the case, do the fix all: Hard reboot.

TV stuttering? Hard reboot.

App not acting properly? Hard reboot.

Console turns into a Decepticon and tries to kill you? Hard reboot. Or some well places 5.56 rounds . . . but I'd go hard reboot first. Consoles are expensive.

To hard reboot, hold down the power button on the console for 8+ seconds. Then, when it turns off wait about 30 seconds, and then press the power button again to power it back on. When it turns on, it should take longer to load than normal (because it didn't go into Standby mode). It should fix about 99% of glitches.
Haha, I always just powered off and unplugged the power supply but that works too. I played Zoo Tycoon for my visiting nephew and thought the game was glitching because there was no sound. Then I remembered I had turned all the sound, music and sfx, down because Zoo Tycoon was the game that I played when I listened to gaming podcasts.

Alright now that I have both of my Xboxes plugged in via HDMI into the TV, (I was using VGA before for the 360) I need a new pair of headphones/headset. Heard the XO Fours are good, any recommendations?

I really like my XO Four's. I've had no issues with them excellent sound quality, and the microphone works well. Paid retail for them and I think it was a worth wild purchase and you should be able to find them cheaper now.

Biggest complaint probably applies to most Xbox One headsets but I don't like the wired nature of it. It's especially jarring using my Logitech G930, and Playstation Pulse Headsets and then having to get mixed up with the wired nature of the headset.

Glad for them to recognize it's an important part of their business and want to make it better versus then thinking it's a gimmicky thing they can do whatever with. Just hope it's true.

[quote name="eastx" post="11911284" timestamp="1405030584"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48FL1clmaZE

Could digital preordering be coming to Xbox One?[/quote]
It is looking more and more likely. Even Phil Spencer said it was important to them. Now that PS4 has it I wouldn't be surprised if they feel more pressure to do it.

Could digital preordering be coming to Xbox One?
Very nice catch. I still like to go hard copy for most games, especially a new/untested series that I am not 100% sure I will thoroughly enjoy, that way I can trade it in worst case scenario. But I am definitely grabbing Diablo and Halo digitally so I hope this comes true. Pre-loading would be even better.

hope these dumb rumors of ms selling xbox can now be put to rest

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/10/5887279/microsoft-ceo-xbox-commitment
Did you read the actual text of the email? I think people are spinning it the way MS wants people to read into it right now so people won't panic.

The CEO starts off by saying: "The single biggest digital life category, measured in both time and money spent, in a mobile-first world is gaming. We are fortunate to have Xbox in our family to go after this opportunity with unique and bold innovation."

Emphasis is mine. Xbox has nothing major in the mobile gaming world right now. My guess for the long term vision: either Xbox develops a PS Vita like mobile gaming device to complement the XB1 or MS sells off the Xbox brand & hardware and keeps the gaming studios/publishers to focus on developing mobile games.

I hope I'm wrong because I like the idea of a powerhouse like MS owning the Xbox brand, hardware, and ecosystem. Can't imagine who else could step in with the financial strength to manage Xbox properly (and I don't like the idea of Google or Apple owning Xbox).

bread's done
Back