Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

D4 is great. Been waiting awhile for another fantastic SWERY title. Reminds me, I have to finish Deadly Premonition Zack...

Though it might not be everyones cup of tie considering It's a point and click adventure title with some QTEs thrown in.

I didn't like the Horizon 2 demo either. I thought the steering was really bad in it for some reason. I used the Black sport car they let you choose and turning felt like I was using a truck. I also wasn't fond of the off-road nature of it, as I said earlier turning and steering was horrible when I got off road and it felt like a mess to drive in comparison to playing Forza 5.

No doubt the game is gorgeous and is one of the best looking Xbox One games I've played but other than the graphics nothing about the game impressed me.

What does everyone recommend for rechargeable batteries for the XB1 and 360?
Eneloops absolutely love them. Just ordered my sunset overddrive bundle and charged all 10 of my spare ones in anticipation. You can even get a usb charger that only charges 2 at a time but, uses the usb port of the console to do the charging. Also there was some kind of ak47 dlc for ssod but, it's only for elite members or something at bestbuy. If anyone wants to part with their code for it i'd be happy

Last edited by a moderator:
This last update has screwed with my Xbox. I have trouble loading everything.

And my Kinect is acting screwy. Pissing me off.

........Well that was weird. Had to turn off, unplug and plug everything back in. Working now

I just got the following email:

Hello (Rig),

Been waiting for the right moment to grab an Xbox One? This is it! Between September 22 and October 6, you’ll earn 50,000 Rewards Credits for purchasing any Xbox One console or console bundle and signing in on Xbox Live.* It’s just one of the ways we reward our dedicated Xbox Live Rewards members for their loyalty.

This opportunity is exclusive, meaning we aren’t offering it to everyone. Take advantage of one of our most rewarding offers to date and get in on the action before it’s too late. Earn your Credits now!

Enjoy,

Xbox Live Rewards Squad
So, that's $50 digital? I'm getting married two weeks from now. As much as I'd like to pick up an Xbox One, I think I need a better deal than that. Just a heads-up to watch your email if you don't have a One and maybe you'll be sent the offer.

I just got the following email:

So, that's $50 digital? I'm getting married two weeks from now. As much as I'd like to pick up an Xbox One, I think I need a better deal than that. Just a heads-up to watch your email if you don't have a One and maybe you'll be sent the offer.
So do you have to be a member of rewards or what? I just ordered the ssod bundle and am a member of bing rewards not xbl rewards and my email for bing rewards is different then the email for my gamertag. Also am I stuck using my old hotmail account I setup when I bought the 360?

to be honest at this point if you don't have x1 yet i would wait black friday is only 2 months away and deals should start leaking soon
I just ordered the ssod bundle for $360 and tax. I honestly don't think I can do much better then that on black friday. Also get a $10 reward zone certificate for preordering ssod and the $270 out of pocket I spent after gift cards will give me another $5 in reward zone certificates. Even if they offered a free $60 game I saved $40+ $15 in rewards certificates.

So do you have to be a member of rewards or what? I just ordered the ssod bundle and am a member of bing rewards not xbl rewards and my email for bing rewards is different then the email for my gamertag. Also am I stuck using my old hotmail account I setup when I bought the 360?
I'm not sure how I qualified.

Yes, I am a member of Xbox Live Rewards already (which is certainly one reason I got the email).

It also came to my Hotmail account which is linked to the rewards account and is the email linked to my consoles/Gamertag.

I'm not sure how I qualified.
Yes, I am a member of Xbox Live Rewards already (which is certainly one reason I got the email).
It also came to my Hotmail account which is linked to the rewards account and is the email linked to my consoles/Gamertag.
so many freaking emails to keep up with

The newest punch card is buying 3x $59.99+ Digital Titles get $20 back. Would have preferred $30, but better then nothing I guess.

It's Sept 4th through November 30th, so I'll go MC Collection, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive I guess.

$20 Cash back for doing nothing isn't half bad. Have over $200 Xbox credit so I was planning to spend it in that period anyway. I'll probably get Sunset Overdrive, Halo MC Collection, and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.

The newest punch card is buying 3x $59.99+ Digital Titles get $20 back. Would have preferred $30, but better then nothing I guess.

It's Sept 4th through November 30th, so I'll go MC Collection, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive I guess.
Honestly if you don't mind physical copies, your better off buying them at the Online at the Microsoft Store. $10 xbox credit per game, free release day shipping and the ability to trade in if you hate the game. If you want digital then that's cool as well.

I'm not feeling Horizon, though it was cool seeing my truck in the game. (SVT Raptor)  Played the demo, did the intro race to the rave party, then did the off road race, don't know if felt very meh to me.  Going to give the demo another spin, but can anyone tell me what I should be looking for in this game?

Gave the demo another play, and I must not have been in the mood the first time I played, had a completely different experience.  Racing the jets was kick ass.  Think I'm going to preorder at Best Buy for the free $10 live card.

So I was finally able to download the update and get in on picking up Pinball FX 2 and Minecraft for Xbox One. GOd I hate internet caps, in just 1 day I used half of our 10 GB cap. Seriously, Peggle 2 wants a 2.2 GB update for the game, HA - I'll update Forza 5 for 200 some MBs, not Peggle 2 though!

Very cool that you can still attain achievements while offline now, it just happened while I was playing some Pinball FX 2. Like the way you can navigate the snapped app or access the snapped panel all together as well.

Edit: Hmm it seems it may be a bug with Pinball FX 2, I unlocked an achievement I've already gotten offline and I couldn't open up the achievements snapped while playing Forza 5 offline.

Huh? There's a 2.2 G update for Peggle?
I'd better download that before the wife wants to play it again. With my slow internet service, 2 G will probably take 2 hours.

I wish there was a site that listed all game updates. Its so frustrating to sit down and play a game you haven't touched in a while, and have to download an update first. If I'd have known about it beforehand, I'd have done it overnight or something.

Went to a coinstar to unload my full coin jar today on my day off.

I walked away with Sunset Overdrive, Halo MC Collection paid off for One games. Also got Bayonetta 2 paid in full and $13 for Fantasy Life although they both are not One games :D/ .

Moral of the story. Keep a coin jar because Coinstar has no fees for Amazon gift cards.

Went to a coinstar to unload my full coin jar today on my day off.

I walked away with Sunset Overdrive, Halo MC Collection paid off for One games. Also got Bayonetta 2 paid in full and $13 for Fantasy Life although they both are not One games :D/ .

Moral of the story. Keep a coin jar because Coinstar has no fees for Amazon gift cards.
My bank has a 0% fee for cash. I usually just pay with my debit or credit card because the least amount of money you can get from an atm is $20 and I never really need more then $10 usually for lunch. But, maybe I should start paying with cash just so I can get change. On a side note there is 0 chance of the Texas Hold 'em game I bought on the 360 live marketplace working on the one? That would be a cool game to snap to the corner and play while watching football. Or can you only snap tv not games?

[quote name="el swordo" post="12118948" timestamp="1411663321"]My bank has a 0% fee for cash. I usually just pay with my debit or credit card because the least amount of money you can get from an atm is $20 and I never really need more then $10 usually for lunch. But, maybe I should start paying with cash just so I can get change. On a side note there is 0 chance of the Texas Hold 'em game I bought on the 360 live marketplace working on the one? That would be a cool game to snap to the corner and play while watching football. Or can you only snap tv not games? [/quote]
The only swappable game I'm aware of is Threes. I don't think it is out yet either.

Games with Gold for October:

Xbox One:

Chariot replacing Super Time Force

Crimson Dragon (3rd month in a row)

Xbox 360:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Oct 1st)

Darksiders II (Oct 16th)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-mNbs5mR0

It's silly that they keep repeating games but in reality I haven't played any of the other games I've gotten since the program started up so it doesn't really affect me.

Games with Gold and PS+ probably don't matter much the next couple months, so many AAA games that they will just get ignored anyway.  Anyone else think they put the better 360 offering on the 16th of the month in hopes you'll forget to grab it?

Games with Gold and PS+ probably don't matter much the next couple months, so many AAA games that they will just get ignored anyway. Anyone else think they put the better 360 offering on the 16th of the month in hopes you'll forget to grab it?
I think you have it backwards. BC2 is the better game (it also got a better review score than Darksiders 2). One of the best last gen MP games. I must have wasted about 100 hours of my life playing it. They really don't make them like they use to.

Is there a way to see what updates the XB1 has auto-downloaded during non peak hours?  Was curious what it is downloading and was never greeted with a screen like I am on PS3 that shows a detailed list.  I never thought a 200gb bandwidth cap was an issue until the days of EA Access and 10gb day 1 updates came upon us. 

I think you have it backwards. BC2 is the better game (it also got a better review score than Darksiders 2). One of the best last gen MP games. I must have wasted about 100 hours of my life playing it. They really don't make them like they use to.
Sorry I phrased it wrong, I meant the game with more value. For instance BC2 (19.99) while Darksiders 2 (49.99) on the 16th and last month they gave away Monaco: What's Yours is Mine (14.99) first then Halo: Reach (24.99) on the 16th. Prices are from Xbox Live Marketplace. Anyway just an observation.

I remember hearing about this awhile ago so does anyone know how you can get your digital games on two systems at once? I thought I remember reading it was possible and Microsoft even supported it but I can't figure out the step by step. A family member wanted to play Destiny and since I have a lot of digital games I figured I would look into connecting my profile across both systems.

I remember hearing about this awhile ago so does anyone know how you can get your digital games on two systems at once? I thought I remember reading it was possible and Microsoft even supported it but I can't figure out the step by step. A family member wanted to play Destiny and since I have a lot of digital games I figured I would look into connecting my profile across both systems.
Same as on 360, just about. Buy and download on one system. Log in with the same account on another system and download it there. The account that owns it can play it on the secondary system, but other accounts can't. Anyone can play it on the main system.

The new thing is you can designate which system is your Home console - the system to which all of your games are tied. On the 360, the home console was considered the first one that downloaded the game, which didn't necessarily have to be your main system.

The only swappable game I'm aware of is Threes. I don't think it is out yet either.
Nutjitsu was the first snappable game. It recently became available worldwide, btw, after launching only in the US earlier this year.

Too bad I already have Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 digitally or I would have gotten these editions. I can't help but think that $50 is too much for games that are one year old. I think $40 would have been a much better value especially given that there's already going to be a lot of great games coming out in October.

Does Ryse really deserve a game of the year addition?  All these games are $25 or so used on gamefly.  I'm probably going to get dead rising 3 along with my xbone on the 28th seeing how it's Halloween weekend but, I'm not spending $50 for a game that's been out that long

Does Ryse really deserve a game of the year addition? All these games are $25 or so used on gamefly. I'm probably going to get dead rising 3 along with my xbone on the 28th seeing how it's Halloween weekend but, I'm not spending $50 for a game that's been out that long
Then you'll miss out on $30 of DLC (Season Pass price)... But Dead Rising 3 is a pretty big game anyway, I suppose. And remember, GOTY Editions can go on sale too, so these won't be $50 forever.

Ryse GOTY Edition seems particularly pointless since all the DLC was Multiplayer crap but Crytek is hurting for money so I'm sure they're looking to cash in whenever they can.

Then you'll miss out on $30 of DLC (Season Pass price)... But Dead Rising 3 is a pretty big game anyway, I suppose. And remember, GOTY Editions can go on sale too, so these won't be $50 forever.
Good point. And there are 3 weeks between the release date and the time I get my xbone so maybe it might drop in price by then and if not I do have $27 amazon credit.

Does Ryse really deserve a game of the year addition? All these games are $25 or so used on gamefly. I'm probably going to get dead rising 3 along with my xbone on the 28th seeing how it's Halloween weekend but, I'm not spending $50 for a game that's been out that long
lol hell no. The graphics are cool but thats pretty much the only thing they did right. Wait till its $10-15. All the dlc is all multiplayer, no single player stuff at all 0_0

lol hell no. The graphics are cool but thats pretty much the only thing they did right. Wait till its $10-15. All the dlc is all multiplayer, no single player stuff at all 0_0
Several of the Ryse DLCs list single-player maps. Are they describing it wrong, or do people have the wrong idea about it?

bread's done
Back