Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

So wait, EA sent you a copy for free just for being an electronics supervisor?

Shit I wish they gave me free shit when I worked for target, lol.

So wait, EA sent you a copy for free just for being an electronics supervisor?

Shit I wish they gave me free shit when I worked for target, lol.
like i said we having a big disply for madden 25 which will be playable and the one they sent a free one with the display to e used in it come next tues.

ms and sony and nintendo have program for retail people also and i get alot of cheap stuff from that also so it's not like companys don't do things for retail people.

Nah, I know about that program. I used to get some decent deals with that program.

Also, why are you personally attacking me? Did you not just get mad at others for doing that to you?

The pricing for Killer Instinct is pretty great.  $20 for what basically amounts to the full game or $40 for all kinds of extra stuff?  Sounds damn good to me.

Also, I wish they were talking more about Crimson Dragon, especially since it's a launch title now. 

like i said we having a big disply for madden 25 which will be playable and the one they sent a free one with the display to e used in it come next tues.
So wait, you basically have a display for madden that came with the game and you took it? Sorry, im trying to understand what you mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

So you took home your stores game to play.........

dude i said in my area if i did not get one from EA it would have been easy to get one seeing a local small store is selling them plus even if i got a copy for free im buying the 100 doller version on amazon for nfl sunday ticket
Considering you never piece together a coherent sentence, your statement is plausible.

you people would be shocked how many people at stores that work in electronic depts are allowed to "try out "  products they have to try to get people to buy. I know people that work at best buy and they get to try out alot of new products before they are being sold and those are the ones used for the displays.

I worked for both Target and Best Buy in the electronics department (was the team leader at Target) and we were never allowed to take games home.

The games in the demo units are just demo disc and aren't even full games.

Now, im not saying thats how it is for your store, just thats how it was at Target and Best Buy.

unlike gamestop i don't sell the copy i play plus i need to know what im trying to get people to buy come next tues.

it's Madden. it's not that hard.

also trying hardware product vs a video game is completely different.

back on topic about xbox one. xbox one will destroy a semi decent gaming streaming website called twitch with everyone upon everyone trying to stream in low quality heck now 4 has twitch streaming. 

I worked for both Target and Best Buy in the electronics department (was the team leader at Target) and we were never allowed to take games home.

The games in the demo units are just demo disc and aren't even full games.

Now, im not saying thats how it is for your store, just thats how it was at Target and Best Buy.
honstly this was the first ever time we have got a full game like you said most of the time it's demo disc. It seems like EA is really trying to push madden 25 and it's on 360 system which is the nfl system lol.

im about 30 mins from a nfl city so madden is pretty big here so might be why we got this display with full gam

but yes i never take things home to test but seeing this was a big deal for my store i really wanted to test everything out so i know what im talking about when people start asking questions and why thye should get this game.

back on topic about xbox one. xbox one will destroy a semi decent gaming streaming website called twitch with everyone upon everyone trying to stream in low quality heck now 4 has twitch streaming.

Do you think they will use some of the servers MS has put up? or at least the data centers.

Do you think they will use some of the servers MS has put up? or at least the data centers.
i stream once on cod bo 2 and it was god awful and my upload is like 10 mbps which handles streaming fine on pc. It's a must they allow the stream stuff to go right to twitch servers. If they do the thing from your system to psn/live then to twitch server it's going to be pretty delayed and might look bad.

Twitch was announced for PS4 is well, maybe they've gotten a major cash influx from both MS & Sony to strengthen the servers.

Twitch was announced for PS4 is well, maybe they've gotten a major cash influx from both MS & Sony to strengthen the servers.
ihope so would be cool to stream stuff but i have used jtv/twitch since the start of jtv in 2007 and i don't have much hope till i see how it is once both are out. At this point twitch still has tons of problems which is why i think jtv needs to sell the thing to a company that knows how to run a big website.

i really wonder if sony droped ustream all together or they will be giving you the option to use ustream/twitch.

Apparently Fable Legends is ridiculously early, like pre-alpha state. Good news is it already looks cool, but that also means it's probably a late 2015 title at earliest.

I'd rather Fable Legends be a 2015 title instead of late 2014 because that's when Dragon Age Inquisition is set to release. I'd rather stagger those huge fantasy role playing games. FL sounds like a lot of fun though!!!

Dead Rising 3 is exclusive to just the X1

http://m.oxm.co.uk/60879/dead-rising-3-definitely-isnt-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-says-capcom/

Can I use the same LIVE account on my 360 and XBOX ONE?  I don't have to transfer anything or do anything special.  I would assume it just works as normal?

I'm buying DR3 at launch but the latest screens look like ass. It's like a 360 mid-gen game. Then again the last two DR games don't look that hot.

Also, Capcom's word is about as good as Microsofts. They said multiple times a new Street Fighter IV version would never see the light of day and guess what happens?

If anything I only trust it won't be on PS4 for at least a year or two.

The inclusion of FIFA in the XBox One European launch is a huge deal. I don't know how much Microsoft paid EA to get this on the books, but it is going to be worth it. Annually, FIFA is the biggest game in Europe. It is difficult for U.S. audiences to understand the significance, as we don't have any analogous sport. Sport interests in the U.S. are divided and often shared between several major sports. FIFA being boxed in with the XBox One in Europe is bigger than any one sports game in the U.S. For the European market, this is going to be a VERY big selling point for the XBox One.

Like I said, I get all that, but when you think about it, you can get a PS4 + Fifa 14 for cheaper than the Xbox.

Plus,its only for pre-orders. So while its great for pre-order numbers, its not going to help after it launches.

Im sure it will hope move units, because people just see "free" and think its an awesome deal.

Granted, like I said, they could have just done nothing at all. This is still much better than not giving anything.

The inclusion of FIFA in the XBox One European launch is a huge deal. I don't know how much Microsoft paid EA to get this on the books, but it is going to be worth it. Annually, FIFA is the biggest game in Europe. It is difficult for U.S. audiences to understand the significance, as we don't have any analogous sport. Sport interests in the U.S. are divided and often shared between several major sports. FIFA being boxed in with the XBox One in Europe is bigger than any one sports game in the U.S. For the European market, this is going to be a VERY big selling point for the XBox One.
Except that the Xbox One is more expensive than the PS4 to start out with... It's not like you're saving any money by choosing the Xbox One instead of buying a PS4 and the game separately. So it's less of an advantage and more of just putting them on even footing.

Except that the Xbox One is more expensive than the PS4 to start out with... It's not like you're saving any money by choosing the Xbox One instead of buying a PS4 and the game separately. So it's less of an advantage and more of just putting them on even footing.
It's more then that honestly.

Microsoft also scored the exclusive of the ultimate team legends feature. Again, that is going to be also just as huge in Europe as even including it in the box.

Being able to play as Pele and others of the past will be enough to convince most Fifa fans to go for the X1 version, because ultimate team is that hot of a feature to most people who play it.

It's really a major coup. Think about it, this is a sports franchise that sells just as much as CoD, and instead of declining sales, it's seeing a near 100% increase from 12->13 version. So now not only do we have exclusive CoD content, and dedicated servers, we've got Fifa having exclusive content as well for Europe.

I was wondering when the money would start pouring out of Microsoft (that 100 billion they had earmarked), and it looks like it is now.

I was wondering when the money would start pouring out of Microsoft (that 100 billion they had earmarked), and it looks like it is now.
Well, the drawback is that they can't just throw around money to solve every problem they have. This a major reason why Sony is leaning so hard on indie development right now. Sony doesn't have the massive stockpiles of cash that Microsoft has. They can't afford to throw money at EA to get exclusive games or features or pack-ins. But indie games are a much, much less expensive proposition, with some very attractive long-term payouts.

Getting FIFA for the XBox One gives Microsoft a slight leg up. But thanks to the price disparity between the systems, it's not a guaranteed win. Courting indie developers is a strategy that could work out really well for Sony down the line. Indie developers have the potential to establish and grow new IP and franchises. (as well as new, appealing genres of interaction)

Now, Microsoft has begun making moves toward getting indie developers back. But they are playing catch-up, and Sony and Microsoft are going to be much stronger in that area throughout 2014.

Well, the drawback is that they can't just throw around money to solve every problem they have. This a major reason why Sony is leaning so hard on indie development right now. Sony doesn't have the massive stockpiles of cash that Microsoft has. They can't afford to throw money at EA to get exclusive games or features or pack-ins. But indie games are a much, much less expensive proposition, with some very attractive long-term payouts.
You place far more importance on Indie developers then I do honestly.

Furthermore, I believe neither console is where those who love indie developers will gravitate toward anyway. The rise of tablets and such are where they will go. Why play Angry Birds on a Xbox or PS, when you can play it just fine on a tablet... anywhere.. at any time?

No, I just do not see the indie policy of Sony having any bearing on actual sales figures at the end of the day. Especially not with Microsoft's new policies, and how many developers have already begun signing up for ID's. Many of which said they would not release on X1. At the end of the day, it's about money.. and a indie dev who decides to skip X1 will be losing money, and that just will not happen for the majority.

You place far more importance on Indie developers then I do honestly.
Indie developers aren't about big money. But every day, more and more developers are pursuing indie development. With new forms of investment opening up, this trend is only going to continue. The traditional mega-publishing model is becoming increasingly less important.

Indie development is the future of game development.

I conceded that Microsoft is opening the door for more indies to bring their games to the XBox One. But the process for them to turn that situation around isn't going to happen overnight. It is in indie developers best interests to port their games to as many platforms as possible. But Microsoft still has ground to make up for in this area, and their competitors' head start isn't going to help things. The reason why most indie developers have shifted away from XBox is because it cost them too much to get their games on that system. And we aren't just talking about porting. It's about the policies and contractual restrictions Microsoft placed on developers. Even with this new initiative Microsoft is not releasing all of their restrictions.

I think your correct Indie development is the future, but not right now. Not for this generation.

Just like most of you thought we weren't ready for a all digital environment, we are not ready for a majority indie dominated environment either.

In 10 year's, I expect we could have a conversation where "indie" is just refereed to as "game developer", and no longer it's own special class.

I also think your listening to too many Phil Fish type of personalities if you think Microsoft is "behind" the ball in terms of Indies. For every indie disgruntled with Microsoft, there's another that is extremely happy about their relationship and the benefits of said relationship. 

I think your correct Indie development is the future, but not right now. Not for this generation.

Just like most of you thought we weren't ready for a all digital environment, we are not ready for a majority indie dominated environment either.

In 10 year's, I expect we could have a conversation where "indie" is just refereed to as "game developer", and no longer it's own special class.

I also think your listening to too many Phil Fish type of personalities if you think Microsoft is "behind" the ball in terms of Indies. For every indie disgruntled with Microsoft, there's another that is extremely happy about their relationship and the benefits of said relationship.
And not for this launch, that much is agreed.

But you aren't correct about the current attitudes in the indie space. This isn't something particular to the recent past. Anyone following the indie development scene has known this was coming for years. Thanks to the contractual restrictions Microsoft had in place for the 360, it became unfeasible for the majority of small developers to turn a profit on the system. The publishers of those titles could, and often did turn a profit. But the developers themselves got the shaft. It was a system of restrictions designed to favor the publisher above all else.

There was an opportunity to expand the possibilities of indie publishing on the XBox Live Indie games channel. But rather than grow that service over time, Microsoft opted to shunt it to the side and allow it to fester. The few developers who had enjoyed some degree of success on the Indie game channel abandoned it in favor of services like Steam. Once it became obvious that Microsoft had no intention of growing or changing that initiative, it dried up.

Digital distribution is what is fueling the modern indie development revolution. Physical products require major up-front investment, as they necessitate production and shipping. With digital distribution the development itself is the primary cost. The backlash to Microsoft's attempt at an all-digital console clearly demonstrates that the market isn't prepared to embrace a digital-only future just yet.

At the same time, all the console manufacturers are seeing more and more of their sales and profits coming from their on-line storefronts. They can all see the direction the industry is taking. And indie game development is going to be at the forefront of supplying content to the digital marketplace.

So I just wrote a long and in-depth post about how console gaming is still extremely popular with kids and that they just simply have move passed licensed games (I am an elementary teacher so I interact with kids constantly). I didn't realize I accidently clicked out of the reply box and then hit backspace, and now it is gone. I replied to 7(!) different posts in it.

I am too lazy to rewrite it.

xbox got nfl in u.s and fifa for europe which is the biggest sport in each country fifa is to eu what nfl is to america

Like I said, I get all that, but when you think about it, you can get a PS4 + Fifa 14 for cheaper than the Xbox.

Plus,its only for pre-orders. So while its great for pre-order numbers, its not going to help after it launches.

Im sure it will hope move units, because people just see "free" and think its an awesome deal.

Granted, like I said, they could have just done nothing at all. This is still much better than not giving anything.
i agree with this but we are on this website to be cheap butt gamers with that said fifa has special stuff you ONLY get on xbox one in pre order and fifa 14 at e3 was said xbox one will have exlusive content that will not be on ps4. Im hearing all day today how most eu gamers feel cheated from sony for delaying thier ps4 by two weeks if xbox one comes out before ps4 in eu i think xbox one will do very well with this package.

i agree with this but we are on this website to be cheap butt gamers with that said fifa has special stuff you ONLY get on xbox one in pre order and fifa 14 at e3 was said xbox one will have exlusive content that will not be on ps4. Im hearing all day today how most eu gamers feel cheated from sony for delaying thier ps4 by two weeks if xbox one comes out before ps4 in eu i think xbox one will do very well with this package.
There's a reason EA is doing this. The game will sell best on current gen. It launches almost two months before the next gen versions on current gen. It's also cheaper to buy a PS4 with FIFA then it is to get the Xbox bundle, and that's in Europe where shit costs way more than it does here. Between MS paying to get an exclusive mode and to get it bundled, EA probably made more money than it would have made by releasing normally.

The PS4 launching two weeks later is not a big deal. The PS3 launched six months later in EU, and the PS2 launched a month later.

I'm buying DR3 at launch but the latest screens look like ass. It's like a 360 mid-gen game. Then again the last two DR games don't look that hot.

Also, Capcom's word is about as good as Microsofts. They said multiple times a new Street Fighter IV version would never see the light of day and guess what happens?

If anything I only trust it won't be on PS4 for at least a year or two.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Five

Yep, good old Capcom "exclusives".

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4643746/microsoft-previews-xbox-one-dashboard-gamescom-2013

"Xbox One permits up to six accounts to be signed in simultaneously, with Kinect able to distinguish between those users by the sound of their voice. You can tell the console to display your friends list, for example, and if another player makes the same request moments later, Xbox One is smart enough to know which list should be on screen. And you'll likely be looking at those lists frequently on Xbox One since they're getting far more useful. You can "follow" up to 1,000 friends, but the number of followers you can ultimately tally is limitless. Your favorite multiplayer pals can be pinned to a favorites section to speed up party formation and get you into a game."

"The Xbox One can control individual components of your living room setup — a TV, receiver, etc. — recognizing commands like "Xbox, volume up" to make quick changes. The configuration process reportedly resembles that of a Harmony remote; you simply search for a device in your home theater chain rather than dealing with codes or other cumbersome menus."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4643746/microsoft-previews-xbox-one-dashboard-gamescom-2013

"Xbox One permits up to six accounts to be signed in simultaneously, with Kinect able to distinguish between those users by the sound of their voice. You can tell the console to display your friends list, for example, and if another player makes the same request moments later, Xbox One is smart enough to know which list should be on screen. And you'll likely be looking at those lists frequently on Xbox One since they're getting far more useful. You can "follow" up to 1,000 friends, but the number of followers you can ultimately tally is limitless. Your favorite multiplayer pals can be pinned to a favorites section to speed up party formation and get you into a game."

"The Xbox One can control individual components of your living room setup — a TV, receiver, etc. — recognizing commands like "Xbox, volume up" to make quick changes. The configuration process reportedly resembles that of a Harmony remote; you simply search for a device in your home theater chain rather than dealing with codes or other cumbersome menus."
Good hot damn!

bread's done
Back