Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Major is a company man. He's not a journalist. He has a sweet gig. You too would have stood by your company if you had a sweet gig like him during the E3 pr mess.

I don't have any problem with major at all and enjoy the information he provides in his podcast.

He has been pretty awesome in the r/xboxone subreddit as well.

I think it's unfair how hard people are on him. He's not paid to give his opinion. He is paid to give the company's opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are getting higher yields than expected then it explains why Day One editions keep getting new stock at the various retailers.

I'd rather take their word for it than a no name "source."
They're launching in like half the countries they originally planned to. That's the reason there's suddenly more consoles for the tier 1 countries.

Major is a company man. He's not a journalist. He has a sweet gig. You too would have stood by your company if you had a sweet gig like him during the E3 pr mess. I don't have any problem with major at all and enjoy the information he provides in his podcast. He has been pretty awesome in the r/xboxone subreddit as well. I think it's unfair how hard people are on him. He's not paid to give his opinion. He is paid to give the company's opinion.
Have you ever seen his interview with Angry Joe? MS didn't make him act like that. He's a total dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo

They're launching in like half the countries they originally planned to. That's the reason there's suddenly more consoles for the tier 1 countries.

Have you ever seen his interview with Angry Joe? MS didn't make him act like that. He's a total dick.

Angry Joe is an asshole. He lost his cool just like everyone does. He was getting hammered all week and when someone like joe is screaming and acting like a complete idiot it is hard to keep your cool. I can't believe the laughingstock that is video game journalism. In any other setting this type of interview would have been ended in a heartbeat or never granted for that matter. I think Major now knows he lost his cool. He was under a ton of pressure and cares about the brand which in a time like E3 ended up coming to a head during that interview. It's guys like Angry Joe that will cause more behind closed doors interviews.

Angry Joe and that joker from Gaf that makes up stuff and everyone loves him for it can go live on an island somewhere for all I care. They both deserve each other. Nothing like Internet street cred and stardom.

Angry Joe is an asshole. He lost his cool just like everyone does. He was getting hammered all week and when someone like joe is screaming and acting like a complete idiot it is hard to keep your cool. I can't believe the laughingstock that is video game journalism. In any other setting this type of interview would have been ended in a heartbeat or never granted for that matter. I think Major now knows he lost his cool. He was under a ton of pressure and cares about the brand which in a time like E3 ended up coming to a head during that interview. It's guys like Angry Joe that will cause more behind closed doors interviews.

Angry Joe and that joker from Gaf that makes up stuff and everyone loves him for it can go live on an island somewhere for all I care. They both deserve each other. Nothing like Internet street cred and stardom.
I think calling Angry Joe a journalist is a bit much. He's the worst part of angry forum users given a pedestal to voice his complaints on. And a lot of internet people love to hear people vent, even more so when it's done to people that they are frustrated with. The same goes for that annoyed gamer who was pissy when Phil Fish called him out despite the fact that it's what he does on a constant basis and what he does for views.

But at the same time, when you are in his position, it's your job to remain cool. Doesn't matter how hard you get hammered, you remain the course of calm and collected. It sucks. But it's what you do in his position.

[quote name="4thHorseman" post="11022725" timestamp="1377797478"]
I think calling Angry Joe a journalist is a bit much. He's the worst part of angry forum users given a pedestal to voice his complaints on. And a lot of internet people love to hear people vent, even more so when it's done to people that they are frustrated with. The same goes for that annoyed gamer who was pissy when Phil Fish called him out despite the fact that it's what he does on a constant basis and what he does for views.

But at the same time, when you are in his position, it's your job to remain cool. Doesn't matter how hard you get hammered, you remain the course of calm and collected. It sucks. But it's what you do in his position.[/quote]
Oh I agree there is no excuse for it and he was wrong. I'm sure someone said something to him about it and that's why his approach has been a lot more humble over the last few months.

----------

Oh Reggie :lol:

Nintendo president says "meh" to Xbox One, PS4 launch software

y5ase2e8.jpg

Oh I agree there is no excuse for it and he was wrong. I'm sure someone said something to him about it and that's why his approach has been a lot more humble over the last few months. ---------- Oh Reggie :lol: Nintendo president says "meh" to Xbox One, PS4 launch software http://m.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-president-says-meh-to-xbox-one-ps4-launch-software-6413819
dude don't you know they have a hd remake of zelda that is almost 9 years old coming out this oct beats everything x1/ps4 has coming :bouncy:

dude don't you know they have a hd remake of zelda that is almost 9 years old coming out this oct beats everything x1/ps4 has coming :bouncy:

He should compare their launch to the X1/PS4 launch. And neither of these will have a price drop in less than 12 months. Check out the comic I posted :lol:

Yeah, Reggie has no room to talk given how piss poor the Wii you software library is.  And how nothing coming is anything that's going to appeal to anyone other than kids and Nintendo diehards.

But next gen as a whole is a big fucking pile of meh for me.  Wii U is a turd, barely on par power wise with current gen consoles, with a big tablet controller I have zero interest in as I have no need to off TV play since I can game on my TV anytime I want.  PS4 is just a more powerful PS3 and I'm perfectly fine with PS3/360 graphics.  X1 is just a more powerful 360 with Kinect (that I loathe) forced in and a bunch of TV/media features I wouldn't use.

Launch line ups for both consoles are pretty terrible IMO, with Killzone being the only next-gen exclusive that I'm remotely excited about.  

I know the holidays are huge, so they had to launch in fall.  But that key point aside, they'd have been better launching next spring when all the big current gen games this fall are played out,and some more games like Infamous, Destiny, Titanfall etc. were ready to go.

i will say that if the zelda game was brand new game i would be going crazy for it but i played ww many times already it being hd is not going to make the game any diff.

One word: Destiny.

That is the game I'm waiting for. It's like Borderlands, and Halo had a baby. I will put so much time into that game.

That is the game I'm waiting for. It's like Borderlands, and Halo had a baby. I will put so much time into that game.
same here but i still worried about the game the last good project bungie did was halo 3 after that till they left their games were not that great.

Yep. That's definitely what I'm most stoked for out of all the next gen stuff revealed so far. I loved both those games, and really look forward to what should be a more serious and realistic looking Borderlands.

I'll probably just play Killzone and some indie stuff on PS4 until that and/or Infamous Second Son are out, and mainly keep gaming on my PS3 (especially with the stuff they keep throwing up on PS+) and 3DS well into next year.

same here but i still worried about the game the last good project bungie did was halo 3 after that till they left their games were not that great.

What have they done besides Halo? I honestly don't know. I think Bungie will finally be able to emerge from the Halo shadow. I think that has been holding them back.

And....something else that came out. Is vocal localization really the problem for the reduced country launch? Microsoft says it is, but apparently not every country will have voice commands available to them even at launch:

http://www.gamechup.com/xbox-one-voice-commands-will-be-available-in-5-countries-at-launch/
This right here proves localization is not the reason why they went from 21 countries to 13 countries for launch. When only 5 out of the 13 countries will have Kinect voice commands at launch. I wonder how they will advertise this to those extra 8 countries at launch that the other half of the Kinect won't function to your voice...

Yeah, Reggie has no room to talk given how piss poor the Wii you software library is. And how nothing coming is anything that's going to appeal to anyone other than kids and Nintendo diehards.

But next gen as a whole is a big fucking pile of meh for me. Wii U is a turd, barely on par power wise with current gen consoles, with a big tablet controller I have zero interest in as I have no need to off TV play since I can game on my TV anytime I want. PS4 is just a more powerful PS3 and I'm perfectly fine with PS3/360 graphics. X1 is just a more powerful 360 with Kinect (that I loathe) forced in and a bunch of TV/media features I wouldn't use.

Launch line ups for both consoles are pretty terrible IMO, with Killzone being the only next-gen exclusive that I'm remotely excited about.

I know the holidays are huge, so they had to launch in fall. But that key point aside, they'd have been better launching next spring when all the big current gen games this fall are played out,and some more games like Infamous, Destiny, Titanfall etc. were ready to go.
Considering how meh the Killzone demo played and felt that's not really a good sign lol. Let's hope the final product feels less stiff and generic. The only exclusive launch title I'm interested in is KI, but that hasn't been enough to convince me to switch my preorder to a launch xone but I'm still tempted

i will say that if the zelda game was brand new game i would be going crazy for it but i played ww many times already it being hd is not going to make the game any diff.
See that's funny because the same reasons behind playing it many times and now it's in HD with new 3D elements makes me really excited, def picking that up.

That's the thing, I've been keeping my Nintendo patch on my arm from the 3DS to get my fix so yeah no need to grab their home systems which lets me focus on the Xbox One.

The Top "Next-Gen" Games that I'm looking forward to:

Destiny

Titanfall

Witcher 3

Watch Dogs

The Division

The Crew

Project Spark

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

XBLA titles: Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct

Great list and this is fun to think about!

Next Gen only list for me...

Titanfall
Ryse
The Division
Dead Rising 3
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Kinect Sports Rivals
Forza 5

My list is......(not next gen only games, just the stuff I want on X1)......
Ryse
Killer Instinct
Crimson Dragon
KS Rivals
Strider
Below
PvZ Garden Warfare
Destiny
Dragon Age Inquisition
MGS IV
Final Fantasy XV

And maybe Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed Rivals.

I give Penello credit, he's putting himself out there just to give honest responses. He seems genuine and not jerky at all. You have to figure, there must be a lot of complexity when launching a system that has voice command as an integrated part of your interface.

Here is the X1's on screen keyboard

evary6u9.jpg

----------

Baaaaaaaaaaah HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Placeholder Date - Dec 21, 2014

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

eryhute9.jpg

Eh I'm sure the loyal fanbase was will be there, but the last Halo I seriously got into was 2. 3 was just fine, Reach & 4 were both meh. Hope 343 really steps up this time. As far as Reggie, that was an incredibly dumbass statement to make, but as far as exclusive launch titles, the Wii U had several good ones, it was post launch that was a giant wasteland because their execs didn't think to ask anybody how much resources it takes to make HD games. I do agree that both launch line-ups are pretty meh but Reggie is arguably the worst person to comment on it right aside from maybe the Ouya people...

Major is a company man. He's not a journalist. He has a sweet gig. You too would have stood by your company if you had a sweet gig like him during the E3 pr mess. I don't have any problem with major at all and enjoy the information he provides in his podcast. He has been pretty awesome in the r/xboxone subreddit as well. I think it's unfair how hard people are on him. He's not paid to give his opinion. He is paid to give the company's opinion.
Except that's not how it started out at all. He used to provide honest opinions(good or bad) about games, news, even the 360 as a gamer. He even encouraged gamers to email in the same. It was just as great a source of news and real opinions as 1up Yours at the time. Then somewhere along the line 2-3 years in everything eroded. He became the PR mouthpiece of the company and everything about his "show" was all cupcakes and roses. He was no longer the relatable gamer, just another company shill.

His podcast became one big xbox/MS circlejerk. I can see why you like him.

Eh I'm sure the loyal fanbase was will be there, but the last Halo I seriously got into was 2. 3 was just fine, Reach & 4 were both meh. Hope 343 really steps up this time. As far as Reggie, that was an incredibly dumbass statement to make, but as far as exclusive launch titles, the Wii U had several good ones, it was post launch that was a giant wasteland because their execs didn't think to ask anybody how much resources it takes to make HD games. I do agree that both launch line-ups are pretty meh but Reggie is arguably the worst person to comment on it right aside from maybe the Ouya people...
plz name one wi u launch title that was worth paying 350 dollers for a semi current gen system. mario u is mario and zombie u turned out to be a awful game. Most people got wii u for rayman and well we seen what happend with that game.

plz name one wi u launch title that was worth paying 350 dollers for a semi current gen system. mario u is mario and zombie u turned out to be a awful game. Most people got wii u for rayman and well we seen what happend with that game.
The Lego City game was reviewed well and that's pretty much the only game I really wanted on that system.

zombie u was a below avg game did not live up the the hype
I really like Zombie U. I don't believe it was worth getting a Wii U for. But that's not really a realistic standard, is it? Modern consoles can't be expected to have solid launch line-ups. That same argument applies to all consoles. If all you want is solid games, you would actively avoid picking up an XBox One or a PS4 this holiday season. Neither system is going to have any games at launch that are worth the price of admission.

At this point, people buy new systems to glory in the novelty of new technology and share in the excitement of a new product launch. They don't do it for the games.

I got a Wii U at launch, but not just because I wanted specific games. I got it because I could afford it, I love Nintendo games, and I wanted to play it with my family. (strong local multiplayer focus) It's proven a worthwhile purchase in all of those areas. As we draw closer to launch, I'm actually tempted to give both the PS4 and XBox One a pass this year. I can't be dropping $900 on new hardware when I still have Christmas shopping to think about.

I and a lot of others enjoyed NSMBU (and subsequently Super Luigi U is pretty awesome). ZombiU was a divisive title but it did end up on several top games lists last year (I'm pretty sure Giant Bomb and Joystiq had it in their top ten). Scribblenauts was fantastic and I wasn't even a fan of the previous games in that series. I'm not saying the line-up was stellar but it was perfectly fine for a launch and had games I enjoyed and was genuinely interested in.

Literally the only launch title on either system coming out I had any interest in was Knack and that's waning pretty fast because the articles make it sound more like it really is meant for children with no gaming ability. I'm suffering from shooter and zombie fatigue and I'm far from the only one. Don't give a shit about driving/sports games and again far from the only one there. There isn't anything for me on either system right at launch and I'm hardly alone there. Anybody buying a system at launch is buying it more on potential than anything else and that's a risk you take. There will probably be a dry period on the PS4 & Xbox One after launch as well. What's coming out in the first 4-5 months after those two launch? Infamous & Titanfall maybe? The Crew & The Order if we are really lucky? They are all in that nebulous "launch window" period which means jack shit. Granted, this is where smaller indy titles will hopefully fill the void on both consoles, but nobody is going to buy either for indy titles alone. It won't be as bad as the Wii U dry spell because clearly Nintendo had their head up their ass but there isn't going to be a ton of noteworthy exclusive next-gen software til at least late next year at the earliest, that's just how it goes with a new generation, especially one when a lot of those big titles will be available on something you already own.

I picked up a Wii U at launch as well, because like Richard Kain said, I could afford it. The only game's so far worth playing to me were Nintendo Land and Mario U. Scribblenauts was okay but I got bored pretty fast and Lego Undercover doesn't interest me at all. I also thought Zombi U was terrible.

doritos_26017.nphd.jpg

Doritos and Mountain Dew giving away over 5000 free Xbox One systems
by Andrew Yoon, Aug 30, 2013 7:15am PDT