Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I don't know what to think of it. There' s no games for it other than Dead Rising 3 right now, and there probably wont be anything else for 6 months. I have too much of a backlog on 360 and don't have the money for xbawks 1. I like how it just says "Xbox one" on my friends list and doesn't tell the game they're playing.
False. There is more than DR3. Ryse, Killer Instinct, superior versions of BF4, CoD, ACIV, Forza, NFS Rivals, etc. to each their own, I suppose.

So I had the system since launch and now that the "new toy" feeling has worn off I feel like I should have waited for at least Titanfall to buy it. There's a lot of things with the system that just aren't clicking for me right now. The party system is a mess, the new achievements kinda suck to navigate and view, and UI is just not where it needs to be right now. Which is crazy considering most of these features worked flawlessly on the 360. I'm also not using the voice commands as much, I feel kinda silly using them for some reason and prefer to use the controller. Im sure a lot of these things will be ironed out in time but as for now I'm kinda disappointed with it thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI

Bing search "Demos" brings up three games (FIFA, NBA and Kinect Sports)

Bing search "Demo" brings up the above three games and Zoo Tycoon.

FYI
Bing search "Demos" brings up three games (FIFA, NBA and Kinect Sports)
Bing search "Demo" brings up the above three games and Zoo Tycoon.
I'm a proud card carrying xbox fanboy, but there is no excuse for this. None. The game store is really rough right now.

They appear to fix the demo / demos issue
You mean they created an actual Store-Front?

I agree I'm less than impressed with some of the features. I had to disconnect my TV from the console as I was a bit annoyed changing channels with my voice. I see this as a single person thing, as I have kids that are asleep at night and I'm not going to shout at my console. Honestly, I don't see how often I would SNAP my TV while playing a game anyways. I suppose it would be nice for the people that want to stay constantly connected to other people.

well they now have a section for add ons in the game tab so it's a start lol i hope they fix this lack of store issue soon. I guess they figured they don't have much stuff to put in store anyways no point in having it at launch. 

i also noticed we now get message pop ups :D still not friend online pop ups but was just playing today and someone sent me a message and it notfied me well they are working on things. Next we need friends online pop ups.

Another thing MS PLZZZ bring back voice messages 

he was buying a 750 doller system for his 4 year old son?
Nothing like a 19 year old buying a $750 console for his four year old son and not reading the description... and thinking it might be---but couldn't possibly be---a SCAM... and THEN expecting to be bailed out.

That 4 year old doesn't stand a chance.

Nothing like a 19 year old buying a $750 console for his four year old son and not reading the description... and thinking it might be---but couldn't possibly be---a SCAM... and THEN expecting to be bailed out.

That 4 year old doesn't stand a chance.

Criticize much?

Guys, why do you think that the USB 3.0 is on the left side instead of the back or front?  I think xbox will be releasing hard drives at an inflated price that are large (1-2 TB).  I just though about this since the 360 had that port on the side/top like this.  I would be fine with this if it is not an inflated price.

Guys, why do you think that the USB 3.0 is on the left side instead of the back or front? I think xbox will be releasing hard drives at an inflated price that are large (1-2 TB). I just though about this since the 360 had that port on the side/top like this. I would be fine with this if it is not an inflated price.
I think the big reason is for charging/plugging in your controller. Why would I have an accessible port for swapping devices used up by a hard drive I'd probably never unplug? There are two more USB 3.0 ports on the back. Why wouldn't you plug it in there? Plus they already said they would support most external hard drives so any price inflation would not be on Microsoft.

The party chat "issue" will never be fixed, and when you listen to the codec of the X1 vs 360? It's night and day. Gives my friends a incentive to get the X1 and stop being poor /trolololol

Guys, why do you think that the USB 3.0 is on the left side instead of the back or front? I think xbox will be releasing hard drives at an inflated price that are large (1-2 TB). I just though about this since the 360 had that port on the side/top like this. I would be fine with this if it is not an inflated price.
Or you could just go buy your own external hard drive.

Bummed that Destiny is pushed to September.  I was hoping for June with the beta in March.  Spy's right, though, it would be dumb to come out so close to TItanfall.  I was hoping Destiny would be the reason a good chunk of my friends on the 360 would jump to the X1.  Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.  

I don't mind it as that's the first game I really want to get next gen, so now it will be easier to wait until next fall to jump in. Maybe I can get the ps3 backlog wiped out by then.

Ouch Halo 5 and Destiny in the fall, that's going to be rough. We still have no idea what other games will be out then to, outside of the usually COD.

Yeah lol Titanfall in Q1, Watch Dogs in Q2, Destiny in Q3 and as far as I know The Witcher 3: Witch Hunt is TBA 2014 - hmm I bet we get a release date today with the VGXs as Gametrailers teased more info would come. I forgot all about the Halo game.

Yeah lol Titanfall in Q1, Watch Dogs in Q2, Destiny in Q3 and as far as I know The Witcher 3: Witch Hunt is TBA 2014 - hmm I bet we get a release date today with the VGXs as Gametrailers teased more info would come. I forgot all about the Halo game.
it's going to be a great gaming year next year

Not sure, but it pisses me off when trying to use the Play/Charge kit.

Can't you just plug the play-and-charge into anything that has a usb port, like a laptop?  I haven't decided whether to pick one up, or just get one of those eneloop kits.

Can't you just plug the play-and-charge into anything that has a usb port, like a laptop? I haven't decided whether to pick one up, or just get one of those eneloop kits.
My eneloops lasted me 3 years for one pair. My play and charge kits lasted maybe 6 months and I went through 3 or 4 of those batteries. I got sick of them

Anyone play the Crimson Dragon game? The videos remind me of Panzer Dragoon (made by the team) and if it's similar I'd really like to get everyone's thoughts on it.

They have been reading what people do on internet for years and people use internet like a drug. But hey once all this comes out about kinect which was not true people freak out l.

It's no wonder people in other countries don't want the X1. It's one thing to not like being spied on and have rights under the constitution but they have none. This makes the x1 far less competitive internationally. Imagine if a Chinese company was selling game consoles in the US and they had massive data centers in the desert where they stored a live feed of your living room. I'm sure plenty of people would feel very uncomfortable with that.

It's no wonder people in other countries don't want the X1. It's one thing to not like being spied on and have rights under the constitution but they have none. This makes the x1 far less competitive internationally. Imagine if a Chinese company was selling game consoles in the US and they had massive data centers in the desert where they stored a live feed of your living room. I'm sure plenty of people would feel very uncomfortable with that.
The United States government suggested not buying Huawei phones because of security concerns that the Chinese government has unauthorized access to Huawei equipment.

If you think any country is not spying on any other country you are gravely mistaken. I am not saying it is right one or another. To be fair I have received emails from both Google and Microsoft petitioning to contact congressmen about the privacy concerns of the NSA and their ability to spy on communications without a warrant. People using the kinect as an excuse to avoid buying an Xbox One have no ground to stand on unless they have no cell phone, camera, computer, or any other data collecting device in their house. That PS4 sitting on the shelf? Yeah, it has the same NSA snooping concerns as all the other communication electronics in your house.

Exactly. Kinect is just an "icon" of government listening to you. They've got access to whatever they want. If you have a phone, computer, anything connected to internet, they can see it. If PS+ was anything like Xbox Live they'd have all that communication too.

Just more negative Microsoft press in attempts to smear them. Found it funny IGNs front page headline was NSA CAN LISTEN TO XBOX LIVE COMMUNICATIONS entering the story the headline then changes to NSA CAN LISTEN TO XBOX LIVE, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, OTHER ONLINE GAMING COMMUNICATIONS

el oh el.

The United States government suggested not buying Huawei phones because of security concerns that the Chinese government has unauthorized access to Huawei equipment.

If you think any country is not spying on any other country you are gravely mistaken. I am not saying it is right one or another. To be fair I have received emails from both Google and Microsoft petitioning to contact congressmen about the privacy concerns of the NSA and their ability to spy on communications without a warrant. People using the kinect as an excuse to avoid buying an Xbox One have no ground to stand on unless they have no cell phone, camera, computer, or any other data collecting device in their house. That PS4 sitting on the shelf? Yeah, it has the same NSA snooping concerns as all the other communication electronics in your house.
Of course countries are all spying on one another but most - at least for now - don't have the capability to literally spy on every human on the planet and record for all time everything they say and do.

Exactly. Kinect is just an "icon" of government listening to you. They've got access to whatever they want. If you have a phone, computer, anything connected to internet, they can see it. If PS+ was anything like Xbox Live they'd have all that communication too.
Just more negative Microsoft press in attempts to smear them. Found it funny IGNs front page headline was NSA CAN LISTEN TO XBOX LIVE COMMUNICATIONS entering the story the headline then changes to NSA CAN LISTEN TO XBOX LIVE, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, OTHER ONLINE GAMING COMMUNICATIONS
el oh el.
So how exactly is this an okay thing? FYI: world of Warcraft doesn't spy on your living room and fewer people play that than have an xbox.

Did I say it was ok? It just is what it is at this point. More people own cellphones than Xboxs. There are cameras and satellite video being taken of is out in the open everyday. Anyone with nothing to hide shouldn't care at all.

bread's done
Back