Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Wow now they're giving away Forza 5 with every new Xbox One purchase? Holy shit they're desperate. I bet they're going to try to clear out inventory giving away a game that they lose no money on so that they can restock inventory in June/July with $399.99 consoles. anyone buying this for 499.99 is making a huge mistake. Then again it is a digital download so maybe it's MS making a mistake. I'm sure people will buy this, get the free download on their account, change their mind, then return the Xbox One. Then later when the Xbox One is 399.99 rebuy it since it's a better price and now they've got Forza 5 for free.
Who cares lol early adapters should never cry about anything.

[quote name="Blaster man" post="11594905" timestamp="1394379485"]hahahaha! You don't have to convince *me* that you aren't worried about price drops. Even if that's true (haha) it makes no difference because plenty of people WILL be pissed off and WILL be upset. They should understand that this type of behavior is indicative of an upcoming price drop and has been in every generation before this.[/quote]So PS4 is dropping in price too? Sometimes people on the Internet unintentionally make me laugh.

Who cares lol early adapters should never cry about anything.
Says you. They do so anyway. When you were out there prior to launch making claim that this would never happen, I could see people being upset if they believed you. I've been saying it would happen all along. Now I'm saying 399.99 by Black Friday 2014 and possibly as early as E3.

So PS4 is dropping in price too? Sometimes people on the Internet unintentionally make me laugh.
Sure, as soon as they start giving shit away and have massive numbers of consoles sitting around. This is the exact thing that happened with the PS3 when it was too expensive. Don't believe me, don't remember? Go look back at Spring 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Blaster man" post="11595093" timestamp="1394384156"]Says you. They do so anyway. When you were out there prior to launch making claim that this would never happen, I could see people being upset if they believed you. I've been saying it would happen all along. Now I'm saying 399.99 by Black Friday 2014 and possibly as early as E3.

Sure, as soon as they start giving shit away and have massive numbers of consoles sitting around. This is the exact thing that happened with the PS3 when it was too expensive. Don't believe me, don't remember? Go look back at Spring 2007.[/quote]wii bundled a game, no price drop. 360 bundled games with no price drops following. The PS3 wasn't selling. Xbox One has sold more and faster than that system. The only reason people are saying it is bad is because it isn't doing as well compared to PS4. It isn't an apples to apples comparison. I'm not saying they won't drop the price, I'm just saying bundling a game isn't a sure sign that they will.

I'm (oddly, for me) OK with this bundle being digital only - I don't anticipate selling Titanfall until its sequel. And maybe not even then...

Wow now they're giving away Forza 5 with every new Xbox One purchase? Holy shit they're desperate. I bet they're going to try to clear out inventory giving away a game that they lose no money on so that they can restock inventory in June/July with $399.99 consoles. anyone buying this for 499.99 is making a huge mistake. Then again it is a digital download so maybe it's MS making a mistake. I'm sure people will buy this, get the free download on their account, change their mind, then return the Xbox One. Then later when the Xbox One is 399.99 rebuy it since it's a better price and now they've got Forza 5 for free.
Anyone doing all that shit to get a free game download needs a life.

In the case I Titanfall I think I would have even preferred digital just because I don't see myself trading it in for a very long time if ever. I thought I remember hearing that the install sizes on disc's are the same as the digital install would be so I don't care about the space, and it would be easier to game switch since I can just say it and play it instantly.

Only reason I got physical was because I had a ton of Gamestop credit that needs to be burnt, I see they added a digital option but I think I'll just stick it out now since it's a paid off preorder and they tend to get upset when you cancel even the $5 down ones.

[quote name="DestroVega" post="11595710" timestamp="1394401899"]Anyone doing all that shit to get a free game download needs a life.[/quote]also if the code is scratched off most retailers won't accept it. If they check anyway.

Well, I'm returning the headphones and the game now...no worries. I'm sick of Microsoft. Stupid headphones that shocked me...literally the shock hurt enough I had to throw them off my head. Customer Service was a joke too. I just need to find that stupid adapter. Ugh.

And yes, the cable is super thin on the headset. The only saving grace is the controller side unplugs unlike the chat headset included with the console
Maybe the Earforce Atlas ones seen at the recent Titanfall Press Event.

1780790_766779160000061_757084459_n.jpg

In the case I Titanfall I think I would have even preferred digital just because I don't see myself trading it in for a very long time if ever. I thought I remember hearing that the install sizes on disc's are the same as the digital install would be so I don't care about the space, and it would be easier to game switch since I can just say it and play it instantly.

Only reason I got physical was because I had a ton of Gamestop credit that needs to be burnt, I see they added a digital option but I think I'll just stick it out now since it's a paid off preorder and they tend to get upset when you cancel even the $5 down ones.
couldn't you just use your credit to buy Xbox currency cards? and lol who cares if they get mad? You are still buying from them and what are they gonna do? Make you put those $5 on another game? (Though they always try to do that)

You're wrong, the xbox One is selling at half the monthly rate the PS3 sold at in spring 2007.
I generally appreciate your analysis but you're either over-thinking this one or being biased.

Simply put, there are more early adopters out there today who own an X1 then there were PS3s sold in spring 2007. The PS3 had only moved around 2 million units by spring of 2007. So, it is understandable that it would sell more on a monthly basis. That said, it's obvious that X1 sales have stalled so it makes sense they are offering different promos. From a consumer perspective, a desperate Microsoft is usually a good thing.

P.S. What I find more interesting is why have PS4 sales plummeted in Japan after first week of release? And lack of stock is not the answer.

Is Stereo Uncompressed or Bitstream audio better if I am using the Turtle Beach X04's? I have very limited knowledge in terms of gaming headsets. Does it even matter since the X04's don't connect to the console itself and they are getting the audio from the controller?

Is Stereo Uncompressed or Bitstream audio better if I am using the Turtle Beach X04's? I have very limited knowledge in terms of gaming headsets. Does it even matter since the X04's don't connect to the console itself and they are getting the audio from the controller?
If you are using optical out you'll want bitstream. Otherwise if you are using HDMI uncompressed PCM is the way to go.

i never really cared about surround sound head sets i got x12 for 360 and almost never use them seeing i enjoy using my nice 7.1 surround sound home system more.

i never really cared about surround sound head sets i got x12 for 360 and almost never use them seeing i enjoy using my nice 7.1 surround sound home system more.
I have a 5.1 surround sound system and it's awesome but at night I use a surround sound headset-with the bass boost it just sounds epic. Sometimes I'll listen to a game during the day with a headset as I'll hear things I hadn't pinned pointed before, used that to my advantage or just feel more immersed in the game while wearing them. I've done this with Skryim, Mass Effect 3, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3/4 and Halo 4.

Wal-Mart at Midnight. Man my Dreamcast I just bought will get no love.

O well. Guess I'll plunk down and buy the headset adapter as well so I can use my A40s.

I know a lot of headset issues have been covered but I have another quick question. If I wanted to use my older Turtle Beach X-41's for both sound and chat what would I need to hook them up?

Thanks,

I know a lot of headset issues have been covered but I have another quick question. If I wanted to use my older Turtle Beach X-41's for both sound and chat what would I need to hook them up?

Thanks,
for that headset all you'll need is the headset adapter. I have that pair. As long as you have the chat cable you're good to go.

EDIT: you'll just wanna run optical into the back of the xbox one for the game audio as well.

What is twitch's terms of service? If you swear can you get kicked off? Can I spank it to Titanfall? Just wondering the ground rules.

Yep im not able to stream on either. Keeps giving me "Oops, something went wrong!" and then a random code. I saw Timbo trying to stream PvZ and when I tried to join his stream, it just took me to main menu of twitch. Agggggh.

Edit: The Twitch app is making my one freeze when trying to broadcast. Anyone else having this problem? First time my system has froze before today. Happened 3 times so far while trying to broadcast.

looks like nba 2k14 don't work with audio but pvz audio is fine.  Will say from what i seen of my stream on my labtop the quality is amazing video and audio for a built into system pvr. I have seen several ps4 streams on twitch and they seemed pixel and was worried about x1 streaming. It's very possible the people doing those streams had awful upload speed making it like that but who knows. 

looks like nba 2k14 don't work with audio but pvz audio is fine. Will say from what i seen of my stream on my labtop the quality is amazing video and audio for a built into system pvr. I have seen several ps4 streams on twitch and they seemed pixel and was worried about x1 streaming. It's very possible the people doing those streams had awful upload speed making it like that but who knows.
I'd assume the Twitch on Xbox One delay was due to trying to achieve a high quality stream and broadcasting integrated into the friends list and UI.

Jesus Christ, you gotta go through hoops to set your privacy restrictions right in order to broadcast. I followed the FAQ and still can't get it right.

Had 9 viewers while streaming then let my fiancée play while I hopped on the 360 and It jumped up to 19. Damn lonely kids haha.
that explains why she was playing lol

on other note i wonder if i use my normal mic not kinect mic people will hear me on stream.

bread's done
Back