Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

What is a movers coupon? Sorry, I did search it but couldn't find anything on it. Yes, that's precisely what I do for consoles anymore as I look for the biggest bundles I can get then sell whatever I don't need. I replaced my last PS3 that way after my coveted 60gb BC died after 6 years.
Postal Offices have packets that contain coupons for various retailers and one of them is Best Buy which includes a 10% off coupon. It's called a movers coupon because the packets are known as change of address packages and you're supposed to only get them if you're moving, but a lot of people have been able to get them by just asking.

Phil Spencer did a podcast interview and took a lot of questions and dropped a LOT of hints. It's 39 minutes long and I haven't gotten through it but going off Neogaf he mentioned a lot of information. I'm throwing it in a Spoiler post because it's a big list.

-Phil Spencer Directed Rare to go make an iconic "Rare" game he hasn't seen what they're working on yet but he said they are working on a new game.

-Phil Is taking the approach of allowing studios to work at on their own projects before the "Suits" come in to start working out the corporate details of said games.

-They want to start investing in IP's they own and will start investing in third-party IP's only if they have exclusive rights to the IP. (Phil mentioned Nintendo in this sense because they have a lot of stable franchises that people buy their systems for)

-Screenshot and Themes were talked about as being in the works.

-The people on the Podcast gave Phil a list of games they wanted to see return and Phil mentioned that they're doing something with several of them.

Halo Wars 2, Alan Wake 2, Blinx, Fusion Frenzy, Banjo Kazooie, High Heat, Kameo 2, Otogi, are the games mentioned so a couple of several of them are supposedly in the works.

-In regards to High Heat Phil mentioned how he'd really like to get a Baseball franchise on their first-party but it would cost a lot due to franchise fess, he mentioned they may go to a third-party developer to make it happen.

-They're in active discussion with Japanese developers for getting games for the Japanese audience. He mentioned they definitely aren't the strongest platform there, but it's very important they maintain relationships with Japanese developers and gamer's.

-Phil was asked about letting us play our Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One. He tiptoed around the question, but mentioned they'll continue to develop a way to make it work. This might be a subtle hint towards a backwards compatibility solution.

-It was mentioned that "Drought" they've had for exclusive new IP's is because developers need time to make these games, and they don't want go around announcing things until the developers are confident in the product.

-Phil mentioned that the cloud will slowly evolve over time as developers use it and talk about what worked for them and what didn't. He mentioned Crackdown will heavily use it, and Halo 5 will have some integration with it.

-DX12 Will make it easier for developers who are working on PC and Xbox One games as it'll feature a common API to develop for. He talked about how games on the Xbox 360 looked a lot better over the life of the console and said that DX12 will develop over the years and it'll improve the quality of Xbox One games in the same sense that the 360 had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any argument started on here seems to always involve rippn
Yet I look in the PS4 thread and who is it I see is the center of most of the arguments..? You only made this comment in an attempt to get attaboys from your buddies in this thread.. so please just stop. And eastx liking all of your comments.. guess he likes his dim but loyal little soldier.

Also you are leaving double posts all over the site, just so you know you can hide your double posts, it's actually easier than editing them and typing "DP," just click the "hide" button. If you could hide them going forward it would be greatly appreciated.

Just saw Geo Wars 2 was coming dang more things to spend money on.  Anyway I have a $10 in reward zone credit $5 of which expires on the 22nd.  Should I get Horizons 2 now or hold off until black friday to see if there is a better deal?  

Just saw Geo Wars 2 was coming dang more things to spend money on. Anyway I have a $10 in reward zone credit $5 of which expires on the 22nd. Should I get Horizons 2 now or hold off until black friday to see if there is a better deal?
I think you can use it now, and always cancel later to get your points back.

Yet I look in the PS4 thread and who is it I see is the center of most of the arguments..? You only made this comment in an attempt to get attaboys from your buddies in this thread.. so please just stop. And eastx liking all of your comments.. guess he likes his dim but loyal little soldier.

Also you are leaving double posts all over the site, just so you know you can hide your double posts, it's actually easier than editing them and typing "DP," just click the "hide" button. If you could hide them going forward it would be greatly appreciated.
Mobile version don't have hide button

Something tells me you wouldn't consider this anything like the fact that you like all of Renique's posts when it comes to hating on Timbo, also why why are you telling Timbo how to post when you told me not to instruct you in how you go about posting?

Your post is littered with a double standard.

Mobile version don't have hide button
Ah okay, wasn't aware of that, I'll post that as an issue in the site feedback.

Something tells me you wouldn't consider this anything like the fact that you like all of Renique's posts when it comes to hating on Timbo, also why why are you telling Timbo how to post when you told me not to instruct you in how you go about posting?

There is a difference between asking and telling, and you should probably just worry more about keeping your own stories straight and worry less about everyone else as we learned you have a hard time just doing that.

The game looks great but after Fuse Im keeping my excitement levels in check. Still a day one buy though.
Me too but, then again it comes with the system. Hey if I decide to sell my code and buy a physical copy so that when I eventuallly upgrade to the xbox two or whatever I can sell it as a complete bundle how much do you think I can get for it? Or by the time that actually happens will the game be so cheap it doesn't matter?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who get completely turned off by the style of gameplay they've shown. Not to mention the Art Style since some people don't like those specifically styled "Cartoon" graphics.

I can't wait for the game, what appears to be a mix of Ratchet and Clank, Dead Rising, and Infamous... yes please.  Preordered and getting the free can cooler.. the 28th can't come soon enough.

If anybody is going digital I saw in the XBL Thread that Sunset Overdrive, and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare are up for Preorder/Preload. Just purchased both and I'll start the process since it'll take awhile on my internet.

Unfortunately Call of Duty goes live 3:00am Eastern. Sunset Overdrive doesn't appear to have a date yet but I assume it'll be 12:00am Eastern since it's a first party title.

I would ask 50, you could sell it on eBay. I sold my titanfall code when the game came out for 50 bucks PayPal to another user on cag.

Me too but, then again it comes with the system. Hey if I decide to sell my code and buy a physical copy so that when I eventuallly upgrade to the xbox two or whatever I can sell it as a complete bundle how much do you think I can get for it? Or by the time that actually happens will the game be so cheap it doesn't matter?

Is the can cooler a psychical item? I'd get it just to sell it.
..Yeah it's a can cooler, you put them over a can of Soda/Iced Tea/Whatever the hell you drink and they keep it cool. :whistle2:

Actually might be worth a good amount of money as they'll probably be collectible since Best Buy appears to be the only retailer giving them out and I think it's only for the Day One edition.

Howsa bout some more Forza Horizon 2 coverage? Here's my review of the game's first post-release DLC, the FH 2 Mobil 1 Pack (with discussion of the Car Pass as well).

Also, I don't like all of Timbo's posts. He does insist on typing like a caveman. Accessing the site from a phone can't excuse all of that. But sometimes, I can decipher his meaning and agree with it.

Debating if I want to get Shadows of Mordor after I get paid today. I know k-mart has $20 credit when you buy it, but is there any other deals out there (driving to k-mart is a hassle and I have no use for the credit atm since it's k-mart)? I know there were deals last week but I wanted to wait to hear what some of my friends thought before buying it.

..Yeah it's a can cooler, you put them over a can of Soda/Iced Tea/Whatever the hell you drink and they keep it cool. :whistle2:

Actually might be worth a good amount of money as they'll probably be collectible since Best Buy appears to be the only retailer giving them out and I think it's only for the Day One edition.
Lol i might have to sell mine. Have no use for that crap

I keep having an issue where when it installs it wont open. Was working the past couple days then it did it again today. Ugh.

Hey I just finished paying off my PS4 and am seriously considering getting an XB1 guys (really want that Sunset Overdrive bundle), but is the interface still very Kinect-heavy, like annoying to get around w/o Kinect? I've heard stuff like that on various podcasts like Giantbomb. Not sure I want to get it now if the interface is still a pain to deal with.

Not sure if the October update is out yet for everyone, but that's makes it a lot better to use.  Almost don't even use voice commands anymore.

Yeah with the October update they've made the interface a lot more friendly without using Kinect. The Snap Center makes snapping a lot easier to use and I daresay it's easier than using Kinect.

yeah i've been testing out the xbox one without kinect these past few weeks and it works good. The big thing is still the "xbox record that" command. With a controller you can now press the xbox button twice, then hit the X button to "record that", but it's not very ideal in a lot of games. You wouldn't want to do that during a race in forza, or during a battle in destiny.

I've been playing Forza all week, such a fun game. I think i'm ranked 40th or so in the CAG club.

yeah i've been testing out the xbox one without kinect these past few weeks and it works good. The big thing is still the "xbox record that" command. With a controller you can now press the xbox button twice, then hit the X button to "record that", but it's not very ideal in a lot of games. You wouldn't want to do that during a race in forza, or during a battle in destiny.

I've been playing Forza all week, such a fun game. I think i'm ranked 40th or so in the CAG club.
Eh not so interested in that, I don't record or stream on the PS4

Hey I just finished paying off my PS4 and am seriously considering getting an XB1 guys (really want that Sunset Overdrive bundle), but is the interface still very Kinect-heavy, like annoying to get around w/o Kinect? I've heard stuff like that on various podcasts like Giantbomb. Not sure I want to get it now if the interface is still a pain to deal with.
Not surprising, they're so pessimistic with everything it's like after a while I was like I already know what you're going to say before you do a "preview"/"review". A new game and oh Jeff's not thrilled with it. yawn

No man, it's not a problem at all, the dashboard is fully navigational with the controller. I now have my X1 in a smaller room and I'm not using record that or exercise/dance features so I've been using just my controller ever since the Oct update. They've really improved the user friendliness of the UI.

Yeah, I noticed that pressing x to record that feature by mistake the other day lol.

Heres some advice, trade in or sell your Kinect and pre-order Master Chief Collection. Boom!
Kinect is awesome.

Edit to avoid a double post.

Pre-order the hottest games, get 15,000 Rewards Credits

Exclusive to Xbox Live Rewards members, you can pre-order your Xbox One or Xbox 360 games through Microsoftstore.com and earn 15,000 Rewards Credits for each pre-orderable game that ships this holiday season. You’ll not only get an extra pre-order bonus as an Xbox Live Rewards member, you’ll also receive exclusive content on both Sunset Overdrive and Halo: Master Chief Collection by ordering through the Microsoft Store. Order now to guarantee free release day delivery!**

Important note: Make sure to use the email associated with your Xbox Live Rewards account when you place your order through Microsoftstore.com, as that will confirm delivery of your Rewards Credits once your pre-order ships. Xbox Live Rewards members qualifying for the Offer will not also qualify for the $10 Xbox Gift Card promoted on Microsoftstore.com.
Does anyone know if this is any game that comes out between now and January 1 or just the four games listed on the myrewards page (AC:Unity, Halo MC, CoD, Sunset Overdrive )? I'm thinking of picking up Sleeping Dogs and this $15 credit back would make things easier. Maybe The Evil Within as well. . . . And Fantasia. . . This could get rough.

bread's done
Back