Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

At first I was ok with paying for launch day rights. I enjoyed DR3, Forza 5 and a handful of other games. However, I'm starting to get a bit salty myself. The deal where guys are able to get a X1 and 5 AAA games for less than what I paid at launch stings quite a bit.

It was my decision to buy at launch so I don't expect anything from MS, but there is no way in hell I'll ever buy a launch console again.

At first I was ok with paying for launch day rights. I enjoyed DR3, Forza 5 and a handful of other games. However, I'm starting to get a bit salty myself. The deal where guys are able to get a X1 and 5 AAA games for less than what I paid at launch stings quite a bit.

It was my decision to buy at launch so I don't expect anything from MS, but there is no way in hell I'll ever buy a launch console again.
I know that feeling, I paid about $550 with tax at launch for the console (not inlcuding games). If you would have told me these deals would happen less then a year on the market I would have laughed. But such is life.

There's always a deal later on, I've waited on purchasing my systems, or PCs for that matter too, as just like anything in the tech world, time equals money... in yo pocket! haha Of course it's always the case, if you want to participate with the launch party and own the thing from then until now you'll pay more but hopefully you've got many hours out of your system. I know I have (FYI I got my X1 in March).

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got a day one edition for $540 tax included, and now not only did they get a better looking console in the white version, they also got Sunset Overdrive and Ryse for about $380, a $160 difference.  Of course I also got Kinect which would cost that difference if bought separate, but still..

Whelp I pulled the trigger and ordered a SSO bundle off BB this morning, should be here by next Monday, figure that'll give me time to concentrate on the game I have to review. It was probably the best decision, but I definitely want the damn thing NOW.

I don't really understand why the Day One buyers are upset. Realistically Black Friday will probably have a 2 game bundle for both systems similar to other Black Friday's for the PS3/Xbox 360. With that in mind it was expected to get a better value 1 year down the road than at launch.

I mean a $50 price cut and one to two bundled games is certainly nothing to scoff at, but the trade off is you've have gotten nearly a full year to use and enjoy the system before anyone buying it now.

I mean the main complaint could be Microsoft has offered bundles and lowered the price before Black Friday, but regardless you'd have to had expected there would have been great deals at Black Friday.

I don't really understand why the Day One buyers are upset. Realistically Black Friday will probably have a 2 game bundle for both systems similar to other Black Friday's for the PS3/Xbox 360. With that in mind it was expected to get a better value 1 year down the road than at launch.

I mean a $50 price cut and one to two bundled games is certainly nothing to scoff at, but the trade off is you've have gotten nearly a full year to use and enjoy the system before anyone buying it now.

I mean the main complaint could be Microsoft has offered bundles and lowered the price before Black Friday, but regardless you'd have to had expected there would have been great deals at Black Friday.
I think the general feeling ive gotten is they were forced to buy it with kinect day one if they wanted them system and then not even a few months later they took it out and give you the option to buy it. I could be wrong though.

To be fair 6 months is quite a bit of time and not just "Not even a few months" it's half a year. I can understand people being scorned about the removal of Kinect, but they could always go and sell it if they wanted and while you won't get that $100 gap you'd get pretty damn close. (For instance Amazon trade-in value is $72)

A lot of Day One owners seem to have been complaining(Not specifically talking about this forum) every time the system gets a new deal (New Bundle, Promotion, or some such) and I can't help but wonder why they bought the system Day One when they will end up complaining any time there's a sale.

like i said from start ms should have did 500 doller bundle with kinect and 400 doller bundle with out kinect. I think more systems would have been sold at launch and early 2014.

with that said im happy about my day one purchase i had a year to enjoy it and play pretty good launch games and i love my kinect. 

Also i seen on amazon they have unity bundle WITH kinect for 450 so seems like microsoft is not fully giving up on kinect.

• $350 (additional 10% off with BB movers coupon)
  • 1 newly released game for free [NFL 15, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, AC Unity] (Some got an additional free download of Ryse)
  • You are not forced to buy Kinect
  • The operating system has dramatically improved
  • You get to choose a limited color variation
  • You get to jump in during a time where previous games are now cheap and new games are the best so far on the platform
  • During the summer, Microsoft gave a $75 Xbox credit for those that upgraded from an Xbox 360.
  • If you bought an Xbox One during the week of Destiny's launch, you got to choose any Xbox One game released up to that point for free. Best Buy also added 2 years of unlocked on top of it for free.
vs day 1 launch purchaser

• Selection of games wasn't as big
  • tax on the $500 launch bundle (I know everyone has to pay tax but on a $500 purchase, that is almost the cost of another game for most)
  • Forced to buy Kinect (personal preference if you liked it or not)
  • All they got was a day 1 achievement
  • The trade in value for the console dropped like a rock
The same can be said for the PS4 but Sony has not been as aggressive. They have not given a free game in their bundles outside of individual retailer offers plus the MSRP is still the same as launch. The trade in value for the console is still pretty solid due to it. I plan on trading my launch PS4 at GS for $325 later this week to upgrade to the white destiny version.

Not sure why you don't understand why people are upset, the console price has dropped over $200 in under a years time if you factor in bundled game prices..  I think this has to be by far the fastest console price drop in history.  And to top it off Microsoft is thanking new buyers with a free game all the while not showing the people who were with them from day one any kind of gratitude.  It should be pretty easy to understand why people aren't exactly happy.

i do understand why some people are upset but i will not it bother me. i agree did not think it would drop this far in price but figured it would be 400 at this point. For me the extra 150 was worth the kinect that i use often. But would be nice is ms steps up and gives day one people a free game.

Not sure why you don't understand why people are upset, the console price has dropped over $200 in under a years time if you factor in bundled game prices.. I think this has to be by far the fastest console price drop in history. And to top it off Microsoft is thanking new buyers with a free game all the while not showing the people who were with them from day one any kind of gratitude. It should be pretty easy to understand why people aren't exactly happy.
Bingo. They should have offered limited time free game for day one buyers since we basically beta tested it for them haha

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I don't regret getting my day one console at all. It didn't cost me a dollar out of pocket, used GS credit(no tax [/SIZE] :D/[SIZE=13.63636302948px] )[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] from the crazy promos in 2013. I even bought a second XB1 in June. I don't even regret that, ok maybe a little[/SIZE]. I traded that console in Thursday and bought the SSOB last night though. All these promos are nice but there is no way I could have waited a year or even 6 months to get a better deal. I wanted it right then and there. I see why people are upset because it feels like MS is just ignoring the early adopters. It doesn't really bother me though. You just have to take that L and move on.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]The only thing I regret was not getting the SSOB last week and just return/rebuying it with movers and price cut. By waiting until earlier last night, I lost out on a free RYSE. I still have it on disc though but digital would have been nice.[/SIZE]

Getting mad about inevitable deals and price drops is crazy. Yo don't need to be nostadaumus to predict them. Besides having something day one is always super exciting. Still no Ryse message yet. Heard they were doing it over 3 day period?

A $500 system dropping to $350 w/ a AAA game less than 1 calendar year after launch is unprecedented, that's why people are salty. Also when Nintendo dropped the 3DS price a few months after launch they gave people like 10 Virtual Console games, a lot of which were really good. I've been a launch day buyer for most consoles since the Gamecube era but I'll be damned if I ever buy a Microsoft console at launch again.

so just seen that gamestop/best buy is releasing cod tonight at 12 edt no matter where you live so going ot get it at 11 tonight.  

also sledgehammer said in interview today game does run at 1080 p 60 fps for both systems.

• $350 (additional 10% off with BB movers coupon)
  • 1 newly released game for free [NFL 15, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, AC Unity] (Some got an additional free download of Ryse)
  • You are not forced to buy Kinect
  • The operating system has dramatically improved
  • You get to choose a limited color variation
  • You get to jump in during a time where previous games are now cheap and new games are the best so far on the platform
  • During the summer, Microsoft gave a $75 Xbox credit for those that upgraded from an Xbox 360.
  • If you bought an Xbox One during the week of Destiny's launch, you got to choose any Xbox One game released up to that point for free. Best Buy also added 2 years of unlocked on top of it for free.
vs day 1 launch purchaser

• Selection of games wasn't as big
  • tax on the $500 launch bundle (I know everyone has to pay tax but on a $500 purchase, that is almost the cost of another game for most)
  • Forced to buy Kinect (personal preference if you liked it or not)
  • All they got was a day 1 achievement
  • The trade in value for the console dropped like a rock
The same can be said for the PS4 but Sony has not been as aggressive. They have not given a free game in their bundles outside of individual retailer offers plus the MSRP is still the same as launch. The trade in value for the console is still pretty solid due to it. I plan on trading my launch PS4 at GS for $325 later this week to upgrade to the white destiny version.
Yeah, it really is crazy to see how much XB1 has dropped. I got a Titanfall bundle pretty close the week of release for $100 off so I'm okay with what I paid for my Xbone but I certainly didnt think you'd see bundles in the $350 range within a year. Sure seems like a bit of a slap in the face to the day one buyers.

Getting mad about inevitable deals and price drops is crazy. Yo don't need to be nostadaumus to predict them. Besides having something day one is always super exciting. Still no Ryse message yet. Heard they were doing it over 3 day period?
Weren't you the same guy that pre-ordered the Sunset Overdrive bundle and was complaining when Microsoft announced another $50 drop for the holidays?

Also when Nintendo dropped the 3DS price a few months after launch they gave people like 10 Virtual Console games, a lot of which were really good.
Yeah I got in on that, picked up my first 3DS (have the Zelda Between Worlds one now) when they had that deal and got in with the new price as well - thanks to CAG once again.

To be fair though, awfully hard comparing getting a free modern game with a bunch of old "classics".

So like, I started to download sunset overdrive like 3 hours ago and its just now at 64%. Does it always take forever? I played the opening part that was like 10 minutes, then it said I had to wait, waited another 30 minutes played like more of the tutorial and it lets me run around but now it says wait for the game to download.

Not mad at all about buying day one. Sold the day one controller and achievement for a combined 150. Used the b2g1f at toys r us on launch for a controller and two games. Got the titanfall bundle for no money out of pocket due to the crazy trade in deal gamestop had. Sold the Kinect for like 80. Now I'm on the sunset overdrive bundle. Its all about taking advantage of deals in my opinion.

Not mad at all about buying day one. Sold the day one controller and achievement for a combined 150. Used the b2g1f at toys r us on launch for a controller and two games. Got the titanfall bundle for no money out of pocket due to the crazy trade in deal gamestop had. Sold the Kinect for like 80. Now I'm on the sunset overdrive bundle. Its all about taking advantage of deals in my opinion.

Been thinking about selling my Kinect as well since I don't really use it since the October update and the occasional Dance Central with family.

I'm just holding out hope MS and game developers still show support with quality Kinect games.  Something like the Gunstringer.

So like, I started to download sunset overdrive like 3 hours ago and its just now at 64%. Does it always take forever? I played the opening part that was like 10 minutes, then it said I had to wait, waited another 30 minutes played like more of the tutorial and it lets me run around but now it says wait for the game to download.
Yeah the download times tend to take awhile, but I think Xbox Live is getting especially hammered from all the people downloading their new games from the bundles, or from people who waited to preload Call of Duty until the last minute.

Speaking of deals. I only had three 'must plays' on my Fall list (Forza, SSOD, Halo), but the Target deal is tempting me. I'm thinking Halo, CoD, and The Evil Within. I'm not a huge CoD fan but the reboot and new studio at least have me interested. Has anyone play Evil Within? The trailer is creepy as fuck

Other options include NBA 2k15 (likely on sale for BF) or possible Lego Batman (meh). 

Yes I just saw this, its 1360x1080 for the X1. Not native but still a huge leap over last years version. I'll be picking mine up from Best Buy tomorrow morning.
1360 x 1080 and let the system to the minor up convert to full 1080 p is great and shouljd look amazing compared to ghost

You my friend are a true CAG lol. Hats off to ya.

Yeah I'm thinkin' Forza Horizons 2, Sunset Overdrive, & MCC for me.

Sports titles are a 100% on sales during each BF.

You my friend are a true CAG lol. Hats off to ya.
haha I wish, some of the deals you read about. Like the tablet trade in deals at gamestop. Idk if I'm keeping sunset overdrive or not. With the master chief collection coming out, I just don't see myself playing anything else. Probably going to try to sell it on here for 50 bucks.

Speaking of deals. I only had three 'must plays' on my Fall list (Forza, SSOD, Halo), but the Target deal is tempting me. I'm thinking Halo, CoD, and The Evil Within. I'm not a huge CoD fan but the reboot and new studio at least have me interested. Has anyone play Evil Within? The trailer is creepy as fuck

Other options include NBA 2k15 (likely on sale for BF) or possible Lego Batman (meh).
My brother said it was good, but he was disappointed because it wasn't nearly as scary as he was expecting and it was too action-y (Similar to Resident Evil 4).

My brother said it was good, but he was disappointed because it wasn't nearly as scary as he was expecting and it was too action-y (Similar to Resident Evil 4).
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what I'll do, if anything at Target. If I DL Halo I get a $20 credit, so either way I get the game I wanted for $40. The question is whether I need a couple extra games for the backlog!

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what I'll do, if anything at Target. If I DL Halo I get a $20 credit, so either way I get the game I wanted for $40. The question is whether I need a couple extra games for the backlog!
Are you a Best Buy GCU? If you want for Best Buy to do a B2G1 you will 3 for $100.

Lol, I thought I was the only one who did that (to save on energy, antyping to cut the power bill right). Yeah Horizons uses the same base engine as Forza 5 but things are tweaked to be more "user friendly".

On a related side note I just unlocked the Grand Prix event in Forza 5 and you want to talk about precision driving, wooo what a rush getting perfect turns around 100 mph avg on the corners. I didn't even lift on the elevated s curve at Spa, haha just sick handling and power!

Just got back from Gamestop (X1 copy) and Best Buy (PS4 copy). The amount of people that came out for the midnight launch at both locations are smaller than previous years. It went from almost 100+ people to maybe 20 people since the last midnight launch I went to which was Black Ops 2.

While I was paying off my pre-order at 11:15pm est. The store got a call to tell them that Activision is allowing the game to be sold before midnight.

bread's done
Back