Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

my good friend who is manager at gamestop told me when i was in to payoff cod friday that gamestop is seeing digital purchases for games go way up on their website. I think we are in the day and age that digital is becoming big which is cutting down on midnight lanuch crowds. 

picking up my copy tommow 

Last edited by a moderator:
my good friend who is manager at gamestop told me when i was in to payoff cod friday that gamestop is seeing digital purchases for games go way up on their website. I think we are in the day and age that digital is becoming big which is cutting down on midnight lanuch crowds.

picking up my copy tommow
Digital would take way off if the price difference was there. I would be going digital more and more if the price was right. I don't see any reason to pay the same price for something that can't be traded in if I don't like it.

Digital would take way off if the price difference was there. I would be going digital more and more if the price was right. I don't see any reason to pay the same price for something that can't be traded in if I don't like it.
i agree with that i will never go fully digtal

No guarantee of backwards compatibility on the next console is what prevents me from going digital. I would like to trade in my PS3 but I can't since I still want access to that digital content I purchased. Not going to do the same with the PS4 or X1 unless it is a digital only game below $15.

Got it hooked up and that thing is so beautiful.  :drool:

Please ignore the low budget set-up  :whistle2:$

image.jpg

Hopefully down the road there's a better chance the Next Gen consoles are compatible with the Xbox One/PS4. Since they're on x86 chipsets now that should be a better possibility.

Is there any harm in unplugging the power brick when im not using it? Girlfriend is bitching about the light on the brick lol
Black electrical tape is cheaper but there is also this option: http://www.lightdims.com/

Hopefully down the road there's a better chance the Next Gen consoles are compatible with the Xbox One/PS4. Since they're on x86 chipsets now that should be a better possibility.
I think the PS4 will have a better likelihood of backward compatibility because Sony was smart and went with a unified memory where Microsoft ESRAM may haunt them into the next gen, they likely won't want to go that route again. Of course it's way too early to speculate as this could very well be the last generation of consoles as we know them.

Buying "Day One" was never about price for me, it was just about experience. Some people didn't buy a 360 until a few years after launch but my brother got one at launch so after 8 years of 360, I was ready for the "next gen" games/features. Testing the OS in the preview program is cool, and it's changed a bunch since launch so it was nice to help improve the OS for all the people that will now be jumping in with the bundles.

oh and i've said it plenty of times, but that Day One achievement is so easy to track that I think eventually they'll gift something to people that have it. Just my opinion though..

Talking about the power how do you make sure it's 100% off?  Say it's thunderstorm time and I feel like unplugging it just to be safe?   I feel it's kinda stupid that microsoft didn't use 2 different naming schemes for standby and off like on the ps4. The good thing though is that I got called into work early when in first place in a forza race so I'm assuming I'll still be in first place when I play some more tonight unlike on the ps4 where if you put it in standby you have to relaunch the game. 

They did. Instant On mode is what would be considered the "Standby" mode and Energy Saving mode is when the system gets fully shut off when you power down.

It isn't recommended to be pulling the plug in Instant On mode, you should put it in Energy Saving mode.

i would say im shocked also with sony. But i really wonder if sony could afford to do a 50 price drop with a added game. They are already in the red as a company. With all the stuff in ps4 im shocked they even priced it at 400 to start with.
I know this is an xbox thread, however you constantly have ingnorant comments that are your way to have little jabs at Sony that can't be completely seen as a console war comment even though it is...

Here is why Sony COULD afford some great bundles this holiday and I expect them to match MS..

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/23/sony-hirai-ps4-profit/

having already recouped Sony's investment in the hardware, and it now looks set to beat profits achieved by the internationally legendary PS2. Speaking at a corporate strategy meeting, Sony president Kaz Hirai said the PS4 was "already contributing profit on a hardware unit basis, establishing a very different business framework from that of previous platform businesses."
Not to mention, that yes Sony as a company is doing badly, but it has nothing to do with PlayStation and them doing badly will not have any effect on PlayStation, there most profitable brand. Any company that has failures and is required to shut down entire parts of the company and absorb the unsold product is going to have terrible numbers... but Playstation can still be profitable!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-sales-soar-to-13-5m-yet-sony-losses-continue/1100-6423291/

The next-gen system's performance continues to outperform Sony's internal targets. Game income for the quarter soared to $195 million, and as a result Sony has increased its full-year targets by $89 million.

Sales of PlayStation 4 were so strong that Sony claimed it was a key reason why revenue for the whole business climbed 7.2 per cent.
Both consoles are actually doing great compared to prior generations... MS does not like getting beat by Sony each and every month and made the smart choice to do a price drop at the holidays... I am sure Sony will see the higher interest in the Xbox one over the last week and going forward that they will try and match it.

Right now it is a great time to be a gamer because of this competition and the great bundles and deals we will be getting!

Talking about the power how do you make sure it's 100% off? Say it's thunderstorm time and I feel like unplugging it just to be safe? I feel it's kinda stupid that microsoft didn't use 2 different naming schemes for standby and off like on the ps4. The good thing though is that I got called into work early when in first place in a forza race so I'm assuming I'll still be in first place when I play some more tonight unlike on the ps4 where if you put it in standby you have to relaunch the game.
Behold one of the best features of the Xbox One, instantly going back to where you left off before (like the 3DS). Yes, you should still be in first when you come back to your game. I have my system in Standby Mode most of the time, unless I'm going to bed and then I'll unplug it as no sense in paying the electric bill when people are snoozing lol.

Check out WWE 2K15's awesome character creator - Better on Xbox One and PS4 than on 360 and PS3.

Aww. they wouldn't delay Halo 5. Would be rad if it got a September release though!

justs heads up anyone getting cod seems like the update when done with game install is having issue allowing game to install just stops installing after a minute i had to go offline to get install of game done then back online to get update after game was installed

i don't think halo 5 would be delayed they know that is their main franchise. If anyhing i could see tomb raider being delayed or up into like september.

i will say i do miss the days of put game in and play days cod takes about 20 mins to fully install

I know this is an xbox thread, however you constantly have ingnorant comments that are your way to have little jabs at Sony that can't be completely seen as a console war comment even though it is...

Here is why Sony COULD afford some great bundles this holiday and I expect them to match MS..

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/23/sony-hirai-ps4-profit/

Not to mention, that yes Sony as a company is doing badly, but it has nothing to do with PlayStation and them doing badly will not have any effect on PlayStation, there most profitable brand. Any company that has failures and is required to shut down entire parts of the company and absorb the unsold product is going to have terrible numbers... but Playstation can still be profitable!
this post just made me smash a wall. 1st that artcle you posted is from may before 2 q numbers were out. Plz explain how playstation is not part of the sony company? So who makes playstation then google? I don't care how profitable playstation is if the sony company goes down playstation will good chance be sold off. This talk from me was not a TROLL talk it was legit consumer worry talk a person that owns ps4/sony led tv/ sony camera. If microsoft was in same boat with money issues i would be also seeing i own their product.

this post just made me smash a wall. 1st that artcle you posted is from may before 2 q numbers were out. Plz explain how playstation is not part of the sony company? So who makes playstation then google? I don't care how profitable playstation is if the sony company goes down playstation will good chance be sold off. This talk from me was not a TROLL talk it was legit consumer worry talk a person that owns ps4/sony led tv/ sony camera. If microsoft was in same boat with money issues i would be also seeing i own their product.
at the time, Sony was expected to lose even more during their first quarter totals so again, ignorant comment...

They did. Instant On mode is what would be considered the "Standby" mode and Energy Saving mode is when the system gets fully shut off when you power down.

It isn't recommended to be pulling the plug in Instant On mode, you should put it in Energy Saving mode.
I understand that but that requires changing the settings everytime you want to power off the system rather then entering standby. On the ps4 you just chose one or the other every time after holding down the ps button. It would just be nice if there was 3 options in the poweroff for off/standby/controller off menu instead of just console/controller off.

I understand that but that requires changing the settings everytime you want to power off the system rather then entering standby. On the ps4 you just chose one or the other every time after holding down the ps button. It would just be nice if there was 3 options in the poweroff for off/standby/controller off menu instead of just console/controller off.
http://xbox.uservoice.com

Submit it. If others agree it could end up in the code.

So, a couple of things for now. I finished the campaign for SSO this weekend and was blown away. I left a comment earlier about the mundane nature of the questions/tasks/missions/whatever but they get about 1000 times better after a few hours into the game. It's definitely the most fun I have had in a single player game this gen.

Also, it looks like the campaign for Advanced Warfare runs better on the X1 than the PS4...lord save us from the fanboys. I haven't played yet but I am picking it up tonight and will hopefully be able to spend some time in multiplayer. The single player campaign also looks pretty great for a dumb action movie type of campaign. Giant Bomb has a pretty good quick look up for it if anyone is interested.

I've been constantly impressed with the graphical/performance output of X1 games and I know it will only get better. Phil Spencer and the Xbox team (and the majority of Microsoft in my opinion) are doing great turning around the perception of the X1. Spencer is such a humble guy and great leader, I can't wait to see where he takes the team in two, three, and five years.

at the time, Sony was expected to lose even more during their first quarter totals so again, ignorant comment...
Maybe we should leave the console wars out of this thread. It's a pretty good thread as it is.

Great idea! I voted for it.

seems like fromthat video in link x1 version drops zero frams seeing it uses dynamic resolution and ps4 drops low as 45 fps during tons of action on screen.

So I finally got to see the white X1 controller in person today and it is sooo beautiful. I hope MS sells it on its own one day, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

seems like fromthat video in link x1 version drops zero frams seeing it uses dynamic resolution and ps4 drops low as 45 fps during tons of action on screen.
Yes, looks like MP is rock solid for both though. Im looking foward to reading the full analysis later.

So, a couple of things for now. I finished the campaign for SSO this weekend and was blown away. I left a comment earlier about the mundane nature of the questions/tasks/missions/whatever but they get about 1000 times better after a few hours into the game. It's definitely the most fun I have had in a single player game this gen.

Also, it looks like the campaign for Advanced Warfare runs better on the X1 than the PS4...lord save us from the fanboys. I haven't played yet but I am picking it up tonight and will hopefully be able to spend some time in multiplayer. The single player campaign also looks pretty great for a dumb action movie type of campaign. Giant Bomb has a pretty good quick look up for it if anyone is interested.

I've been constantly impressed with the graphical/performance output of X1 games and I know it will only get better. Phil Spencer and the Xbox team (and the majority of Microsoft in my opinion) are doing great turning around the perception of the X1. Spencer is such a humble guy and great leader, I can't wait to see where he takes the team in two, three, and five years.

Maybe we should leave the console wars out of this thread. It's a pretty good thread as it is.

Great idea! I voted for it.
Pot meet kettle...

So I got an invite to the preview program somehow. Gonna try it.

Anyway does MS send out new updates in waves or is it as your console becomes registered?

So I got an invite to the preview program somehow. Gonna try it.

Anyway does MS send out new updates in waves or is it as your console becomes registered?
What's your gamertag? I just sent an inv to my whole f/l the other day. You might be on my f/l

Well I traded Sunset Overdrive today.  Couldnt pass up $65 for it...will rebuy down the road.  Hope it gets more fun as I was 6 hours in and not really loving it.

Nice price. I own these and they are pretty good. Your not going to get $200 headset quality but for the price, you can't beat it.
I second what he said. I have them too and they aren't bad but they also aren't aren't $200 quality..obviously. Also, I have found them to be pretty comfortable unless I am wearing them for over an hour or so. They start to hurt the ears after awhile. That might just be me though. For $40 though, they are worth it.

Walmart is giving $65 for SO?  I may have to trade it in too even though it's still in shrink wrap, crazy they are giving more than retail for it.

Walmart is giving $65 for SO? I may have to trade it in too even though it's still in shrink wrap, crazy they are giving more than retail for it.
That is ridiculus. Tax in Indiana is 7% making the game $64.19 brand new. Wish I would have gotten a physical copy in my bundle now. Haven't really gotten too far into the game maybe 2-3 hours and going to other games.

Walmart is giving $65 for SO? I may have to trade it in too even though it's still in shrink wrap, crazy they are giving more than retail for it.
I checked on their online trade in values and it only showed $25? I uh guess I could have done something wrong.

Also, in other news, Just Cause 3?

Sony is going to start offering RETAIL titles in December for PS+.

The first title to be given is Injustice: Gods Amongst Us Ultimate Edition.

Your move MS. Please MS. PLEASE.

Ryse will be free in the next month or two, I would bet money on it.
Hopefully.

Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Forza 5, Tomb Raider and The Lego games all seem like good candidates. I'd assume they would wait on Metal Gear Ground Zeroes before the release of the new one and probably TR closer towards the new one but who knows.

I'm guessing Injustice had near nothing for recent sales. The $15 price tag on Amazon would indicate so. MS probably pays a very small amount for each download so at even $1 or $2 Warner Bros decided to budge with Sony because sales were so low. Infamous First Light being first party is technically "free" for Sony and they can put Second Son on sale and/or get sales for that based on First Light standalone DLC.

You get 2x trade value if you trade it towards CoD:AW in store the 3rd and 4th. The values fluctuate so he probably traded it in as soon as the deal started to get max value.
Oh okay it has to go toward CoD, nevermind then, thanks though for the quick response.

Hopefully.

Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Forza 5, Tomb Raider and The Lego games all seem like good candidates. I'd assume they would wait on Metal Gear Ground Zeroes before the release of the new one and probably TR closer towards the new one but who knows.
They should give MGS free to anybody who buys the new one.

bread's done
Back