Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I just got my white Xbox One from Microsoft store and I would have to say that it looks way better in person, especially the white controller. The two color tone of the controller looks weird from all the pictures but once you physically see it in your hand, it is just nice looking. The back still look weird but the front is what you will be looking at and that part just looks beautiful.

With that said, I would have to take back my earlier comment of saying the black Xbox One looks better than the white. Now it's White Xbox One > Black Xbox One.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not debate it's people being crazy about kinect and yet don't care about ps eye and Facebook Twitter and phones cameras.
Saying it's okay for one device to trample on privacy because other devices are doing it is such a laughable stance and it's amazing how often Xbox fanboys use it..

Even more comical is that this conversation is happening now in this thread when most Xbox bundles especially the ones selling the best don't even include a Kinect.. smh

I will also note that I have an Xbox One with Kinect and I'm not one of the people concerned about privacy, I'm just not going to dismiss other people's concerns because I'm blindly in love with it.

Someone could hack ps camera also so give off kinect lol
Critical thinking...

Did Sony ever say the PS Camera was REQUIRED for the PS4 to function?

As another poster said... it's funny that less then a year later so few of the Xbox Consoles being sold include the Kinect when you know... it was supposed to be required... or integral... or something.

LOL, my post wasn't a troll post, it was a post that shows how much public perception has changed, as now it's not a big deal and like Mako stated it was back in 2013, and part humor as I got a kick out of it.

I'm enjoying my Black Xbox One, I think a white one would be fine too but there was a time everybody thought a white electronic device was an apple product *facepalm*.

white-xbox-one-sunset.jpg

That said it does look nice. I'm more interested in the 1TB HDD but since I'm not downloading my games obviously, right now I'm still good with the 500GB HDD - aside from plugging in an external one down the road.

Finally figured it out, my region was set to Australia (probably wasn't paying much attention as I was setting it up ass early before I went to work) now everything's fine.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12221434" timestamp="1415463894"]Well I will give it to Spybreak9. his trolling comment was successful, he has now drudged up a year old privacy debate with year old Xbox defence force answers.. brilliant trolling indeed. [/quote]
I don't think the comment was in defense of Microsoft doing it, but more the hypocrisy of somebody criticizing the Xbox for it while typing their comment on a smartphone. (yes, you can turn a smartphone off, just like unplugging the kinect, but how many of those critics turn off their phone or whatever device when it is not in use)

Finally figured it out, my region was set to Australia (probably wasn't paying much attention as I was setting it up ass early before I went to work) now everything's fine.
From someone who's done his fair share of troubleshooting with electronics, glad it was an easy fix as that.

Saying it's okay for one device to trample on privacy because other devices are doing it is such a laughable stance and it's amazing how often Xbox fanboys use it..

Even more comical is that this conversation is happening now in this thread when most Xbox bundles especially the ones selling the best don't even include a Kinect.. smh

I will also note that I have an Xbox One with Kinect and I'm not one of the people concerned about privacy, I'm just not going to dismiss other people's concerns because I'm blindly in love with it.
plz explain how kinect tramples on privacy? Not once has a thing came out saying it was EVER usedto spy on people.

just so people know gamestop is doing what they did for cod again for halo just got a call. halo/unity/batman all will be sold at 12 a.m edt across the u.s so 9 p.m pdt.

The download queue on the One is really weird. Between the AC Unity pack-in code, preloading Dragon Age, and EA Access Vault games, I set up like 6 retail games to download. Instead of downloading one to completion and then moving on to the next, it's like it keeps hopping around between them. Every time I check the queue it's made partial progress on all of the games.

Seriously. If you're worried about someone remotely hacking your kinect camera, you're an idiot. No one has done it on the 360, and they've had years. No one has hacked either Xbox remotely, period.

There are valid concerns, and then there are paranoid delusions. What is being mentioned is a paranoid delusion.

[quote name="Fearia" post="12222236" timestamp="1415486441"]Oh, and can I remote play a game with the PS Camera? If so... well, who needs hacking to spy when it's built in?[/quote]
Yup. Let's ignore this.

So, again, unlikely and currently not possible privacy breach versus actual privacy breach. Where's the riots?

6 hours in and still not liking Sunset OD that much. The shooting is alright and the movement is good but the missions are really boring and its not funny at all, it just shoves lame jokes and stuff down your throat. Saints Row IV is more fun than this and I didn't enjoy SR4 that much either. Wonder how SSO got all those high review scores.

had no idea gamestop sold hardrives might pick up 500 gb one for x1 for 70 bucks
Rip off.

6 hours in and still not liking Sunset OD that much. The shooting is alright and the movement is good but the missions are really boring and its not funny at all, it just shoves lame jokes and stuff down your throat. Saints Row IV is more fun than this and I didn't enjoy SR4 that much either. Wonder how SSO got all those high review scores.
Different game for different folks I suppose. Takes a lot from what made other games great.

i kind of agree with this i loved it 4 hours in then the lame jokes start and the missions are same thing over and over again. go here get that go there protect this.

I appreciate your honesty. This is the first time I've heard anything other than "Omg BBQ! Best thing ever!!"

Trying to find D4 on the Xbox Games Store with just Kinect controls is one of the best examples of why that stuff is so unreliable that the system should be based around that device. Bing Search did nothing and it's not like there is a section of the store for sale items. Yes, I know there's a little thing on the main menu, but after Xbox.com wouldn't let me purchase D4, I wanted to see if Kinect would be able to make finding the game easy at all. They really should have that section on the Xbox Game Store anyway, so you don't have to back out and go to a non-store part of the main menu to find the link to the sales section of the store.

I like how you express your opinion without completely bashing the game. It's nice to see a fresh take.

I'm in love with the game but theres just so much shit coming out that It's now in my back log (and the evil within) which I guess is fine because come December/January I'm getting 0 games outside of the PSN+ Games with Gold stuff.

Trying to find D4 on the Xbox Games Store with just Kinect controls is one of the best examples of why that stuff is so unreliable that the system should be based around that device. Bing Search did nothing and it's not like there is a section of the store for sale items. Yes, I know there's a little thing on the main menu, but after Xbox.com wouldn't let me purchase D4, I wanted to see if Kinect would be able to make finding the game easy at all. They really should have that section on the Xbox Game Store anyway, so you don't have to back out and go to a non-store part of the main menu to find the link to the sales section of the store.
I just tried it with kinect voice controls. Xbox bing, Dark Dreams Don't Die. Easy enough. Or like you said, there's a section on the dashboard to make finding sales easy, so it would just be "xbox select, get more with gold".

This thread is super active and it's looking really likely for me that I'm gonna trade-in my xbox360 (hoping for a gnarly GS trade-up promo on BF so I can use some stored up credit) but I have some questions I'm having trouble finding answers to and it looks like you guys and gals can help.  Apologies in advance if this isn't the place for these questions and I'll delete the post if I'm fucking up everyones groove in this thread.

1) When logging into Xbone for the first time, am I just using the email and password that I use to long into Xbox.com?

2) Should I bother with wiping my xbox360 in some way before trading it? If so, what's the best method?

3) Do you guys/gals have a good solution for the batteries in the Xbone controller? Play and Charge kit worth it? Rechargeable batteries?

4) How's your space issues with the hard drive? Is 500gb gonna cut it for very long? Is the external HD support solid enough?

5) And finally, is there anything you wish you knew going into purchasing an Xbone or wish you knew right off the bat that you could share?

This thread is super active and it's looking really likely for me that I'm gonna trade-in my xbox360 (hoping for a gnarly GS trade-up promo on BF so I can use some stored up credit) but I have some questions I'm having trouble finding answers to and it looks like you guys and gals can help. Apologies in advance if this isn't the place for these questions and I'll delete the post if I'm fucking up everyones groove in this thread.

1) When logging into Xbone for the first time, am I just using the email and password that I use to long into Xbox.com?
2) Should I bother with wiping my xbox360 in some way before trading it? If so, what's the best method?
3) Do you guys/gals have a good solution for the batteries in the Xbone controller? Play and Charge kit worth it? Rechargeable batteries?
4) How's your space issues with the hard drive? Is 500gb gonna cut it for very long? Is the external HD support solid enough?
5) And finally, is there anything you wish you knew going into purchasing an Xbone or wish you knew right off the bat that you could share?
1) yes, same account
2) I removed my Live account when I sold it to a friend.
3) The batteries seem to last forever. I have a set of rechargeables that work really well for me
4) I have a launch console and 500GB is pretty tight already. Plan on getting an external drive at some point. Honestly it sucks that we can't replace the internal drive.
5) plan on getting an external drive, stay out of the flame wars, have fun with your new console!

1) yes, same account
2) I removed my Live account when I sold it to a friend.
3) The batteries seem to last forever. I have a set of rechargeables that work really well for me
4) I have a launch console and 500GB is pretty tight already. Plan on getting an external drive at some point. Honestly it sucks that we can't replace the internal drive.
5) plan on getting an external drive, stay out of the flame wars, have fun with your new console!
Thanks so much for the speedy and thoughtful response! Especially the advice of staying out of the flame wars. That's just solid-ass life advice I gotta keep in my mind at all times.

This thread is super active and it's looking really likely for me that I'm gonna trade-in my xbox360 (hoping for a gnarly GS trade-up promo on BF so I can use some stored up credit) but I have some questions I'm having trouble finding answers to and it looks like you guys and gals can help. Apologies in advance if this isn't the place for these questions and I'll delete the post if I'm fucking up everyones groove in this thread.

1. Yes

2. If you never plan on going back to 360 then yea just format it. If you do want to revisit it ever again, I suggest moving all your game saves to flash drive so you can have them for if you need them in the future then format hdd.

3. I'm still using AA batteries I got from FYE liquidation sales years ago but the best bet would be to buy some eneloop rechargeable batteries. Something like this http://www.target.com/p/panasonic-eneloop-kit-with-battery-spacers/-/A-14542718?lnk=Rec|pdp|viewed_bought|pdph1 (you can probably find a better deal, that's just an example)

4. You will need an external harddrive. Maybe not right away but If you buy/play a lot of games, you will eventually need one. With BF coming up, I'd be on the lookout for a good deal on a 1tb or higher.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]5. Right away I knew 500gb wasn't going to cut it. Thank goodness I got a 1tb external drive from Amazon lightning kindle for $25.[/SIZE]

I just tried it with kinect voice controls. Xbox bing, Dark Dreams Don't Die. Easy enough. Or like you said, there's a section on the dashboard to make finding sales easy, so it would just be "xbox select, get more with gold".
I also tried that and got nothing. It doesn't work for me.

I think the Play and Charge Kit is worth it, batteries last a good while (it's great we now have a battery level indicator lol), I had it with my Xbox 360 too. Can't say about the 360 wipe, kept mine.

Things I wish I knew when I got my Xbox One, my crappy internet future lol. Just grabbed Forza Horizon 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition & Sunset Overdrive from Target's B2G1F deal. I knew it would pay off waiting.

As for the White Xbox One bundle, this is my setup right now, all my electronics are black so it doesn't work for me.

20141108_131240.jpg

1. Yes

2. If you never plan on going back to 360 then yea just format it. If you do want to revisit it ever again, I suggest moving all your game saves to flash drive so you can have them for if you need them in the future then format hdd.

3. I'm still using AA batteries I got from FYE liquidation sales years ago but the best bet would be to buy some eneloop rechargeable batteries. Something like this http://www.target.com/p/panasonic-eneloop-kit-with-battery-spacers/-/A-14542718?lnk=Rec|pdp|viewed_bought|pdph1 (you can probably find a better deal, that's just an example)

4. You will need an external harddrive. Maybe not right away but If you buy/play a lot of games, you will eventually need one. With BF coming up, I'd be on the lookout for a good deal on a 1tb or higher.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]5. Right away I knew 500gb wasn't going to cut it. Thank goodness I got a 1tb external drive from Amazon lightning kindle for $25.[/SIZE]
I think the Play and Charge Kit is worth it, batteries last a good while (it's great we now have a battery level indicator lol), I had it with my Xbox 360 too. Can't say about the 360 wipe, kept mine.

Things I wish I knew when I got my Xbox One, my crappy internet future lol. Just grabbed Forza Horizon 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition & Sunset Overdrive from Target's B2G1F deal. I knew it would pay off waiting.

As for the White Xbox One bundle, this is my setup right now, all my electronics are black so it doesn't work for me.

20141108_131240.jpg
Appreciate the thoughts, explanations, and pics! You've all really helped me in my quest for info!

I prefer Sanyo Eneloop batteries to the overpriced play and charge kits. They last a lot longer and they can be used in other devices.

http://www.amazon.com/Capacity-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries-Position/dp/B009LU9150/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1415571505&sr=1-7&keywords=Sanyo+Eneloop
I like eneloops batteries too. I bought a pack at costco about 4 or 5 years ago and they are still good. The pack I got also came with 4 AAA batteries.

Don't know the reliability of the Nyko Power Kits, but those seem to be a better deal than those Eneloops.

bread's done
Back