Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I know this is a stupid question but I will ask it anyway for poops and giggles.

Is there anyway to setup a portable hard drive to work with both a ps4 and a xb1 at the same time?

No, I'm pretty sure you're forced to fully format a hard drive for the Xbox One so it can't be used with other devices and the PS4 doesn't support external drives.

I think the Play and Charge Kit is worth it, batteries last a good while (it's great we now have a battery level indicator lol), I had it with my Xbox 360 too. Can't say about the 360 wipe, kept mine.

Things I wish I knew when I got my Xbox One, my crappy internet future lol. Just grabbed Forza Horizon 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition & Sunset Overdrive from Target's B2G1F deal. I knew it would pay off waiting.
Wait, the target deal works on preorders?

Don't really mind Locke being a primary character.  I'm expecting it to be pretty similar to the Arbiter.

I think my Day One controller just upped and died on me, I was playing a few games of COD without any problems then the last game I started to run on my own and I couldn't control the player or navigate any tiles or turn off system via controller. :(

I think my Day One controller just upped and died on me, I was playing a few games of COD without any problems then the last game I started to run on my own and I couldn't control the player or navigate any tiles or turn off system via controller. :(
well, atleast black friday is near, you can probably score one for $39.99

I already have an upopened X1 controller from some Target thing earlier this year when they went for $35, but I have the 3yr warranty deal at MS so I might stop at the store tomorrow see if they'll swap out the day one faceplate onto another controller

also assassin creed rogue, and unity walkthrough has already been leaked on youtube. rogue looks exactly like black flag dlc. i cannot believe Ubi$oft has the audacity to charge $60 for it. it should be more like $15-$20 as a dlc or something. unity atleast has the coop thingy going for it.

also assassin creed rogue, and unity walkthrough has already been leaked on youtube. rogue looks exactly like black flag dlc. i cannot believe Ubi$oft has the audacity to charge $60 for it. it should be more like $15-$20 as a dlc or something. unity atleast has the coop thingy going for it.
um it's a legit sequal to black flag so not sure why you are shocked it feels the same it's supposed to.

berating UbiSoft because of a stream. That thought process will get you far in life.

This thread is super active and it's looking really likely for me that I'm gonna trade-in my xbox360 (hoping for a gnarly GS trade-up promo on BF so I can use some stored up credit) but I have some questions I'm having trouble finding answers to and it looks like you guys and gals can help. Apologies in advance if this isn't the place for these questions and I'll delete the post if I'm fucking up everyones groove in this thread.

1) When logging into Xbone for the first time, am I just using the email and password that I use to long into Xbox.com?

2) Should I bother with wiping my xbox360 in some way before trading it? If so, what's the best method?

3) Do you guys/gals have a good solution for the batteries in the Xbone controller? Play and Charge kit worth it? Rechargeable batteries?

4) How's your space issues with the hard drive? Is 500gb gonna cut it for very long? Is the external HD support solid enough?

5) And finally, is there anything you wish you knew going into purchasing an Xbone or wish you knew right off the bat that you could share?
I think the others have answered your questions pretty well, but here are my 2 cents

1. Yes, it is quick and easy

2. Definitely wipe everything from the 360 before trading it in. I'd also suggest changing your password for your XBL account too, just in case.

3. I always used play and charge for 360 but kept having the batteries crap out on me so I now use rechargeable AA for both 360 and XB1. They give you more flexibility since you can use them in other devices as opposed to the proprietary battery packs.

4. Like others have said you need an external unless you only play 1 or 2 games. Game installs are 20-40+gb or more and some have huge day 1 patches that come with them (Forza was like 10gb, and Halo is 15gb). The External has to be USB 3.0 and you can only use it for XB1 content. I'd get at least 3tb since the prices are so cheap. If you are going to go all digital this generation then maybe get one of the 5tb ones.

5. One thing I found out quickly is that all these downloads can cut into your data allowance very quickly if your ISP limits you so you might want to check on that. Even more important if you are going all digital as I mentioned before or if you are going to subscribe to EA Access for access to that library of games.

You guys see this?

Halo with aim down sights and sprint ;/

Also looks like they made Locke the primary guy in Halo 5 and not the Chief. hmmmm, im speechless
Very risky move. I don't think it's a good idea but shinobi did point out that they have a lot of time at least. Offering a beta may be what saves them (343). The master chief news is disappointing for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, the target deal works on preorders?
Ahh yeah, I couldn't do it even though they (pre-orders) initially came up with the deal page so I grabbed Diablo III Ultimate Edition for free with Forza Horizons 2 and Sunset Overdrive. I might be picking DA:I up from Best Buy, if all goes well with the drug test, just took that today lol, I'll be starting work there this Saturday, hurrah.

I already have an upopened X1 controller from some Target thing earlier this year when they went for $35, but I have the 3yr warranty deal at MS so I might stop at the store tomorrow see if they'll swap out the day one faceplate onto another controller
I think It's only one year on accessories though, so might want to rush down there ASAP.

Try updating the firmware of the controller (if possible) on the X1 again.

Also, if by chance anyones buttons stop working/sticking hydrogen peroxide is still doing the trick even with the X1 controllers.

I think people need to stop making judgments before they play the beta. I also traded in SO for $44 at Best Buy, Im looking to pick it up again this BF. The MS store will have it on sale and I hope its below $30

I think It's only one year on accessories though, so might want to rush down there ASAP.

Try updating the firmware of the controller (if possible) on the X1 again.

Also, if by chance anyones buttons stop working/sticking hydrogen peroxide is still doing the trick even with the X1 controllers.
I checked out the X1 support page on official site and I did the power cycle thing on the console and my controller began to work again

This is what I have to-date for games:

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare Atlas Limited Edition
Evil Within, The
Forza 5 Limited Edition (Day One Edition)
Forza Horizon 2 (Day One Edition)
Metro Redux Collection
Shadow Warrior
Sunset Overdrive (Day One Edition)

Titanfall (w/SP) (digital)

This is what I have on the way:

Assassin's Creed Unity
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Far Cry 4
Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Plus the free games from XBL Gold, as well.  Should keep me busy for a while, though I don't see DA: I leaving the disc drive for a while once it releases.

I've traded in a lot of games on and off but my games list is made up of the following:

Forza 5 (Digital)

Dead Rising 3 (Digital)

Call of Duty Ghosts Gold Edition (Digital)

Titanfall (Digital)

Shadows of Mordor (Digital)

Destiny (Digital)

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition (Digital)

Sunset Overdrive Day One Edition (Digital)

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Digital)

Halo Master Chief Collection (Digital)

Thief (Physical)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (Physical)

Lords of the Fallen (Physical)

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (Physical)

Preorders include:

Assassin's Creed Unity (Physical)

Far Cry 4 (Physical)

I've gathered a lot of digital games because I've ran into a lot of deals on Xbox Live credit and I had a decent chunk of it from before my Xbox 360 broke.

I've traded in a lot of games on and off but my games list is made up of the following:

Forza 5 (Digital)

Dead Rising 3 (Digital)

Call of Duty Ghosts Gold Edition (Digital)

Titanfall (Digital)

Shadows of Mordor (Digital)

Destiny (Digital)

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition (Digital)

Sunset Overdrive Day One Edition (Digital)

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Digital)

Halo Master Chief Collection (Digital)

Thief (Physical)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (Physical)

Lords of the Fallen (Physical)

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (Physical)

Preorders include:

Assassin's Creed Unity (Physical)

Far Cry 4 (Physical)

I've gathered a lot of digital games because I've ran into a lot of deals on Xbox Live credit and I had a decent chunk of it from before my Xbox 360 broke.
I completely forgot I'm sitting on $250 in XBL credit..... Damn lol.

Currently have
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Ryse
  • Halo MCC (tomorrow)
Will be picking up my final X1 game (Forza Horizon 2) for the year during Black Friday. 

Currently have
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Ryse
  • Halo MCC (tomorrow)
Will be picking up my final X1 game (Forza Horizon 2) for the year during Black Friday.
2014 was decent. I cant wait for 2015! It's going to be AMAZING on all consoles.

I only have Sunset and picking up Halo tonight. Likely will pick up Ryse and Dead Rising 3 if I can find them for $10-$15

Ive gotten more use to the interface now so its getting easier to get around.

Im not tooo far into sunset. About 3 hours but its an alright game. I'm not saying its bad. Its pretty enjoyable but I can see the complaints about the mission structure.

Picked up my Xbone about 2 months ago but only had Titanfall. Have picked up Sunset Overdrive, Advanced Warfare, and MCC tomorrow. A lot damn good gaming.

What time does Halo MCC unlock? I'm probably not going to play it this week(AC Unity) or next week(Far Cry 4) but I want to at least download the 15gb patch? I know its available already but I don't have my console on instant on so it hasn't downloaded yet.

What time does Halo MCC unlock? I'm probably not going to play it this week(AC Unity) or next week(Far Cry 4) but I want to at least download the 15gb patch? I know its available already but I don't have my console on instant on so it hasn't downloaded yet.
Should unlock at 12:01 am EST. So if you live in a central time zone, you can play at 11:01 pm.

Due to some great deals, most found through this lovely site/a few on the Xbox store too, I've accumulated:

• Battlefield 4
  • Child of Light
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  • FIFA 14 (Digital)
  • Forza Horizon 2
  • Forza Motorsport 5 (Digital, contest prize)
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Killer Instinct
  • Max: Curse of Brotherhood
  • Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
  • Need for Speed: Rivals
  • Peggle 2
  • Pinball FX 2
  • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
  • Powerstar Golf (my MVP...G)
  • Project Spark
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Strider
  • Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut
  • Super Time Force
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Titanfall (Digital, bundle)
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition)
  • Trials Fusion
  • Watch Dogs
  • Zoo Tycoon
I've got Dragon Age: Inquisition on pre-order and will grab Master Chief Collection down the road when it's gonna be on inevitable sale. Game on!

Due to some great deals, most found through this lovely site/a few on the Xbox store too, I've accumulated:

(Snip)

I've got Dragon Age: Inquisition on pre-order and will grab Master Chief Collection down the road when it's gonna be on inevitable sale. Game on!
Jeez. Seeing that list and owning all but three, I didn't realize my X1 backlog was already spiraling out of control. So much for that.

Well that's lame 97mb patch gets stuck at 96% and just keeps pausing itself for MCC.  I should be sleeping but still annoying.  Oh it's working technically but not enough people to even get a game of swap going properly and even when i start the game it's not running well. Guess I'll have to try again in the morning

Can you play multiplayer on MCC while it installs or do you have to wait for the entire disc install and day one patch to complete?

bread's done
Back