Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I think having a sale on Olliolli, even though for Gold users it's only 15%, on the Xbox Store 2 days after its release is nuts. I heard good things about the game but I don't know if I should pick it up as it feels like a runner up for a future GwG title (since usually it's the titles that were on sale previously).

I think having a sale on Olliolli, even though for Gold users it's only 15%, on the Xbox Store 2 days after its release is nuts. I heard good things about the game but I don't know if I should pick it up as it feels like a runner up for a future GwG title (since usually it's the titles that were on sale previously).
First-week Gold sales is a thing now. I think more games will follow suit in the future.

Quantum Break is rumoured to be delayed until early 2016.  Anyone who has followed Remedy development in the past should not be surprised in the least.

https://twitter.com/Dae_Jim/status/574935497014964224

Quantum Break is rumoured to be delayed until early 2016. Anyone who has followed Remedy development in the past should not be surprised in the least.

https://twitter.com/Dae_Jim/status/574935497014964224
Definitely not surprised. We haven't seen Quantum Break in quite some time, Remedy has always done good work in the past. I would rather wait for a great game than get an unfinished product.

fred.gif

So what's the first MS Studios game this year outside of Screamride?  Halo 5?

I'll pick up Ori eventually, but people should already know how I feel about indies.  

Maybe it's because it's been well publicized, but don't remember MS ever having a slim lineup for a year like this.

So Aaron Greenberg is denying the guy is a Microsoft employee but is not denying the rumour.  Anyway until it's official treat it as it is, and that it's nothing more than a rumour.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/574979672590569473?lang=en

Ori is fantastic - one of the best Metroidvania games in ages. I'm streaming it tonight at 10pm Central when the embargo lifts.

Ori is fantastic - one of the best Metroidvania games in ages. I'm streaming it tonight at 10pm Central when the embargo lifts.
Can't wait to download it this week. I'll probably go ahead and pre-order it tonight. It's one of my most anticipated exclusives for the One along with Cuphead, which also looks amazing.

Sad to hear about the delay if it turns out to be true. Quantum Break is one of my most anticipated games of 2015.
I am not surprised at all, given Remedy track record. I think Alan Wake ended up being delayed for more than 5 years. Overall I think the delayed should do them good though since Quantum Break received a lot of mix reaction during the first gameplay demo.

Ori scores are in and they are good. Can't wait to get off work and check this game out!
Having gotten farther into Ori, I should mention that it is a very tough game. Harder than any other game in the genre. If you know that going in (and remember to save a lot), you might avoid some frustration.

Having gotten farther into Ori, I should mention that it is a very tough game. Harder than any other game in the genre. If you know that going in (and remember to save a lot), you might avoid some frustration.
Yeah I just started playing it and haven't gotten to any points that are incredibly difficult as of yet, but have noticed that is very easy to die in this game and saving at the right time can be critical to avoid a lot of back tracking. With that being said, I absolutely love the game so far. The game is just stunning to look at it and has a unique art style as well. So far it's also been a lot of fun to play, which is always good. Definitely looking forward to putting more time into the game and I highly recommend checking out for anyone who is curious.

Not surprised Quantum Break got delayed, Uncharted 4 and Project Cars also saw delays, all ambitious current-gen projects.

That said I'd be interested in the metrics on Xbox Live with Titanfall and GTA 5's free DLC, GTA V heists respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Games With Gold has me scared off on buying anything from the jump.
Ori is worth it, but I know what you mean. It's more of a problem for me on PSN though, I am having this debate with Hotline Miami 2 right now. It wasn't long before the original Hotline Miami was a PS+ title. Ori is a MS Studios game, so it definitely could show up as a Games for Gold game in the near future, but I wouldn't expect it until the Fall at the earliest though. Like eastX had said though the game is very difficult, but it's also a lot of fun. I find the challenge to be a nice change of pace from the norm though, most Metroidvania games aren't very difficult.

Question regarding external HDDs for Xbox One: Can I easily transfer all installed games from an existing external HDD to another one?

I've got a 1TB that's quickly being used up, but I wasn't sure of how transfers are handled from external HDD > external HDD. The only inconvenience I had going from internal HDD > external HDD was the time it took to copy the files.  Appreciate the help.

Ori looks like a cross between Child of Light and Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood, both games I really enjoyed and one-hundred percented.  That said, the game is about $5 more than I like to spend on a digital only game, and will only go over that number if it's a lengthy RPG or something of that caliber.  Anyway will wait for a sale or the eventual GwG release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ori looks like a cross between Child of Light and Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood, both games I really enjoyed and one-hundred percented.
Ori is really good. I'm a few hours into it...I recorded a clip of me doing the Ginso Tree escape if anyone cares to see. The art, the soundtrack, the movement...everything is so good in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z0B7w4mRCg

So short of buying a kinect is there any way to completely control the tv with my xbox?  Right now  I just use my tv remote and launch the tv app from the dashboard.  Not as futuristic as I had hoped for.  Also even with kinect would i still need to do the whole "hit ok to watch tv" crap on uverse?  In a perfect world I could throw out my uverse remote

Here's my Dead or Alive 5 Last Round review. I highly recommend fighting game fans at least pick up the $10 Core pack, or the full $40 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7CZ1GY9CfA
I've been on the fence about picking DOA 5 or DmC at BBY with my reward zone credit and GCU they are both around $30 for me and I love both series, but haven't played either game aside from demos on the last-gen versions. Which would you recommend picking up first or do you think I should wait for a sale on both?

I've been on the fence about picking DOA 5 or DmC at BBY with my reward zone credit and GCU they are both around $30 for me and I love both series, but haven't played either game aside from demos on the last-gen versions. Which would you recommend picking up first or do you think I should wait for a sale on both?
That's a tough one. I had a blast with DOA5 Last Round, but Devil May Cry is a great game as well. I guess I'd get DOA5 first since it has multiplayer, and you get a larger multiplayer community closer to launch. I also think DmC is more likely to go on sale sooner due to being a more visible game, so to speak.

Let us know which game you get and how you like it!

Wow, free DLC for Titanfall and now the game's free if you pick up a Xbox One console bundle at Best Buy. I know most here have the system but if you're new this is a nice deal.

Wow, free DLC for Titanfall and now the game's free if you pick up a Xbox One console bundle at Best Buy. I know most here have the system but if you're new this is a nice deal.
I've had the game since october and played it for maybe an hour. This might convince me to jump back in for awhile

Anyone else picking up Final Fantasy Type-0 tomorrow? I am going to get it, not sure what platform I want to get it on yet, but the mostly good review scores have swayed me. I really just want the Final Fantasy XV demo, but it's good to know that Type-0 isn't a complete waste. 

DmC is one of my favorite action games ever. The combat is so buttery smooth it's insane. I loved every moment of that game, including beating it like 6 times for all the achievments. It'll probably drop in price soon since it is a remaster, but definitely keep your eye on it.

DmC is one of my favorite action games ever. The combat is so buttery smooth it's insane. I loved every moment of that game, including beating it like 6 times for all the achievments. It'll probably drop in price soon since it is a remaster, but definitely keep your eye on it.
Yeah that has been what I have been thinking. Really with both games, DOA and DmC games in the past have dropped in price rather quickly, so I may just wait for both games to hit $30 or less and get them with GCU. I never bought DmC when it came out on 360 and PS3, I think it came out around the same time as Metal Gear Rising and I ended up picking that up instead, then never went back to DmC.

I had been away from Xbox for a while, but I got me an Xbox one and I haven't touched my PS4 since.  There's so many features and things I haven't even tried yet.  I just don't have any friends since I haven't been on my 360 in about 4 years lol.  If anyone wants to add me my gamer tag is axl rose 4183.  I play a lot of stuff, but mainly COD, Battlefield, WWE 2K15, Pinball etc.

Anyone else picking up Final Fantasy Type-0 tomorrow? I am going to get it, not sure what platform I want to get it on yet, but the mostly good review scores have swayed me. I really just want the Final Fantasy XV demo, but it's good to know that Type-0 isn't a complete waste.
Just showed up on my doorstep although I am at work now. I bought it for the One only because my friends party chat on the One.

I actually bought Type-0 for Type-0, not for the demo. I am excited because it's going back to open world (well world map). Although I will be downloading the XV demo and playing it tomorrow.

I had been away from Xbox for a while, but I got me an Xbox one and I haven't touched my PS4 since. There's so many features and things I haven't even tried yet. I just don't have any friends since I haven't been on my 360 in about 4 years lol. If anyone wants to add me my gamer tag is axl rose 4183. I play a lot of stuff, but mainly COD, Battlefield, WWE 2K15, Pinball etc.
Might I recommend http://www.gamesradar.com/40-ways-get-more-out-your-xbox/
good little slideshow that has lots of tips.

As for my next Xbox One purchase, the Borderlands Collection is on my radar.

bread's done
Back