Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Not worried in the slightest, MCC most likely didn't even have a full year of development.

Halo 4's launch was solid as well.

Bloodborne*
Disgaea 5
God Of War 3: Remastered
GodZilla
J star victories
MLB 15 The Show*
Motorcycle Club
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank Redux
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886*
Tropico 5
Untill Dawn
Yakuza Zero: The Oath’s Place
Just to be an ass, half of these games don't count as exclusives going by PS4 owners logic.

^^ Not to mention maybe 1 or 2 of them is on the level of a Tomb Raider, and none of them are on the level of a Halo. I guess if someone thinks "J Star Victories" or "Motorcycle Club"  is going to move a lot of hardware, well...I can't do much for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony doesn't really have blockbusters like halo and gears but they have a bigger portfolio for a wider audience. Tomb raider isn't really a blockbuster either. Not sure why people act like it is now.

^^ Not to mention maybe 1 or 2 of them is on the level of a Tomb Raider, and none of them are on the level of a Halo. I guess if someone thinks "J Star Victories" or "Motorcycle Club" is going to move a lot of hardware, well...I can't do much for them.
I would have thought that a certain botched launch would have made the word "Club" radioactive by now in game titles.

^^ Not to mention maybe 1 or 2 of them is on the level of a Tomb Raider, and none of them are on the level of a Halo. I guess if someone thinks "J Star Victories" or "Motorcycle Club" is going to move a lot of hardware, well...I can't do much for them.
Just going by the meta critic score, Motorcycle Club is the pure definition of a bomb.

Sony doesn't really have blockbusters like halo and gears but they have a bigger portfolio for a wider audience. Tomb raider isn't really a blockbuster either. Not sure why people act like it is now.
The power of the timed exclusive.

I would have thought that a certain botched launch would have made the word "Club" radioactive by now in game titles.
Really wish I knew what title you were talking about.

Really wish I knew what title you were talking about.
driveclub-logo-150x150.jpg

Unless people are just hyping it up, people say it isn't that bad of a game.  

Pretty sure I've seen a few GAF posts that state it's the best racer ever graphically and game play wise.

Just because the launch was a mess doesn't mean the ip is now toxic, I mean let us apply this logic to Halo: Master Chief Collection, how can they release Halo 5 after that debacle?

And because Sony has a bunch of AAA games but aren't of the caliber of Halo they are garbage and don't count..? Sorry but I'd rather have a variety of games to chose from then play the same game for 10 months. And I'd wager that BloodBorne is going to have a higher meta rating than a 343 Studios Halo..

Is it dick-measuring time again with all of the PS4 vs. Xbox One talk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM7CDqxsvvo

Not worried in the slightest, MCC most likely didn't even have a full year of development.

Halo 4's launch was solid as well.
Not worried about it either. While I'm not excusing 343, the MCC was worked on by 4 different studios and was clearly rushed out for the 10th anniversary of Halo 2. Halo 4 had a great launch and was pretty glitch free and for them to already have the release date set before E3 shows they have confidence in the game being ready in time. Those trailers gave me goose bumps.

I'd love to see a post mortem on the Halo: Master Chief Collection about what all happened to cause all of its issues.
Yeah well they worked on code that they didn't make (343, Bungie respectively) and that game had all the different game engines to deal with aside from all the net code. Having it all finally work in the end is a miracle if you ask me.

Yeah well they worked on code that they didn't make (343, Bungie respectively) and that game had all the different game engines to deal with aside from all the net code. Having it all finally work in the end is a miracle if you ask me.
Sure, but I'd love to read a more technical reflection on what went down. Internet people talking about what they think happened isn't the same thing.

Ahahahajah... oh oh ha. Oh man a haha my sides hurt.
It wasn't a statement of fact about the series, it was a personal opinion which is clearly stated so your sarcastic response makes no sense. As someone who really isn't a fan of the FPS genre in the first place, I find Halo to be very linear and quite boring, the main character is dull and generic, and the lore is not interesting to me. And the gameplay doesn't hold a candle to that of the Far Cry and Borderlands series. These are my personal opinions, feel free to not agree.

Halo 2 was rushed?
Yeah, don't tell me you thought the ending to Halo 2 was awesome with that abrupt cliffhanger. There was never really supposed to be a Halo 3. Halo 2 and 3 were suppose to be one game. Microsoft needed a product out for the Holiday and many key features and element were left out. Bungie was on a time constraint during Halo 2 development. Halo 2 still ended up being a good product but Bungie said that it could have been better if they had more time.

I'm indifferent on the ending.  Of course it wasn't amazing, but it set up Halo 3 at least.

Honestly don't know about all the other stuff.

I watched a few making of video and documentary. I am just saying that games get rushed all the time for the holidays but last year it seem really bad.

My kids accidentally dropped my 360 and all the plastic casing around the xbox snapped off...i managed to snap them back into place but the xbox wont power up....anyone know if i can fix it or just cut my losses and buy a XB1?

My kids accidentally dropped my 360 and all the plastic casing around the xbox snapped off...i managed to snap them back into place but the xbox wont power up....anyone know if i can fix it or just cut my losses and buy a XB1?
Probably not repairable, but keep in mind the Xbox One isn't backward compatible so you will be unable to play any of your digital purchases or any 360 disk based games you currently own if you upgrade to an Xbox One. What you may want to do is check Craigslist where you can probably find a cheap 360 replacement and then wait until this holiday season to snag a killer deal on an Xbox One.

Probably not repairable, but keep in mind the Xbox One isn't backward compatible so you will be unable to play any of your digital purchases or any 360 disk based games you currently own if you upgrade to an Xbox One. What you may want to do is check Craigslist where you can probably find a cheap 360 replacement and then wait until this holiday season to snag a killer deal on an Xbox One.
Or better yet keep an eye on cowboom. You might actually be able to get both for the price of just a new xbox one. a 250gb 360 is on sale for $70 on cowboom today and i see xbox ones on there for as low as $260 and maybe cheaper with a coupon

Sony most likely drops the price to $350 IMO plus they still sold extremely well even with all the crazy stuff MS did for Black Friday and the holidays last year.

They'll be fine.
No way Sony drops the price unless we start to see PS4 sales tank in the next few months. I could definitely see them doing more value bundles like we used to see all the time when the Xbox 360 was on top every month. But there is no way Sony is gonna drop the price when they're still outselling Microsoft at $400.

In the past Sony and Microsoft have had very different strategies as far as exclusive titles go. Sony seemed to focus on having a greater volume of exclusives, while Microsoft tend focus on exclusives that would sell more copies and you might get more play time out (i.e. Halo, Gears, Forza). It's really up to the consumer to decide which strategy is right for them. Do you like having a ton of single player games to play? Or would you rather only a couple games per year, but they have a strong multiplayer component and you can easily sink hundreds of hours into? Honestly I'd rather just buy both and be able to play The Last of Us and Uncharted, then sink a thousand hours into Halo 5's multiplayer. But that's just me.

Do you like having a ton of single player games to play? Or would you rather only a couple games per year, but they have a strong multiplayer component and you can easily sink hundreds of hours into?
Only boring people play the big retail exclusives and nothing else. Everyone plays third-party games as well, and the really cool people have even more to play thanks to the vast array of downloadable games that have been pouring out on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

No way Sony drops the price unless we start to see PS4 sales tank in the next few months. I could definitely see them doing more value bundles like we used to see all the time when the Xbox 360 was on top every month. But there is no way Sony is gonna drop the price when they're still outselling Microsoft at $400.

In the past Sony and Microsoft have had very different strategies as far as exclusive titles go. Sony seemed to focus on having a greater volume of exclusives, while Microsoft tend focus on exclusives that would sell more copies and you might get more play time out (i.e. Halo, Gears, Forza). It's really up to the consumer to decide which strategy is right for them. Do you like having a ton of single player games to play? Or would you rather only a couple games per year, but they have a strong multiplayer component and you can easily sink hundreds of hours into? Honestly I'd rather just buy both and be able to play The Last of Us and Uncharted, then sink a thousand hours into Halo 5's multiplayer. But that's just me.
See the Batman Arkham Knight bundle for $399... just add other games to the system for the regular price.

Only boring people play the big retail exclusives and nothing else. Everyone plays third-party games as well, and the really cool people have even more to play thanks to the vast array of downloadable games that have been pouring out on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Sure, thats one reason why first party exclusives are almost becoming less important and kind of why Microsoft's strategy of giant exclusive multiplayer releases might work a little better than Sony's. But I guess we'll see this holiday season if PS4 can keep out-selling Xbox One without the huge tent-pole release of Uncharted 4 to go against Halo 5. (Barring some surprise E3 announcement)

See the Batman Arkham Knight bundle for $399... just add other games to the system for the regular price.
Exactly.

It wasn't a statement of fact about the series, it was a personal opinion which is clearly stated so your sarcastic response makes no sense. As someone who really isn't a fan of the FPS genre in the first place, I find Halo to be very linear and quite boring, the main character is dull and generic, and the lore is not interesting to me. And the gameplay doesn't hold a candle to that of the Far Cry and Borderlands series. These are my personal opinions, feel free to not agree.
Hey sorry dirt is pretty "generic", it's just boring and brown. Hey it's just my opinion so yeah let's not take into account that dirt comes from erosion of rocks which were either formed by sedimentary or metamorphic ways.

Generic gets misused all the time and thus your post is a perfect example. Yeah I understand Halo isn't your cup of tea but it's far from generic. The covenant are a complex and unique race/enemies to contend with as well as having some intricacies shown first hand in Halo 2 as the player was the arbiter.

Halo MCC & 5 are the biggest reasons people are picking up this system. The Halo games have excellent single player games. Sure you can play for ages online but we're all excited about the cinematic and action packed moments of the franchise.

There really isn't a reason to get worked up because someone said Halo is generic to them. Hell lots of people say that stuff about Uncharted.

Halo 1-3 reminded me a lot of the Ender's Game series which is the only reason why to me personally they story was a little meh but doesnt mean it was bad or anything.

I do wish Master Chef was more of a character though. Sometimes having very strong characters can make a decent or good story even better.

Really thats what Uncharted has going for it story wise. The stories arent anything amazing but the Characters really make it great.

There really isn't a reason to get worked up because someone said Halo is generic to them. Hell lots of people say that stuff about Uncharted.

Really thats what Uncharted has going for it story wise. The stories arent anything amazing but the Characters really make it great.
That's the biggest draw with Mass Effect 2.

I do wish Master Chef was more of a character though. Sometimes having very strong characters can make a decent or good story even better.
He is an evolving character, happened in Halo 4.

Sadly, the "vocal minority" hate it for lore reasons. It's just not Chief.

I never found Master Chief to be interesting. He is just a dull character to me. Even in Halo 4 he didn't felt too different. I didn't really see any real change in him except for maybe he seem more like a downer in Halo 4. I love the Halo universe and lore though, but Master Chief as a character is just weak. I thought Halo Reach was the best out of all the Halo I played so far. The whole Noble team was way more interesting than Master Chief.

[quote name="RBK" post="12619294" timestamp="1428115823"]I should learn this, got banned from GAF twice for calling out members on their shit.[/quote]
GAF is a shit show. Don't agree with the hive mind? Banned.

It is true though. The guy has a weak character development throughout the whole series. The lore and Halo universe is what makes Halo great, not Master Chief. He's just like Link in Zelda except for he talks.

That's why you just let them hate.
I know you really just have it out for me but is what im saying really coming across as "hate" to you? Just because I found him pretty dull as a main character between Halo 1-3?

Personally I enjoyed Halo ODST because the characters to me were great in that.

It is true though. The guy has a weak character development throughout the whole series. The lore and Halo universe is what makes Halo great, not Master Chief. He's just like Link in Zelda except for he talks.
Only good thing in Reach was Invasion. I can get the Chief complaints, but it was done that way intentionally.

I know you really just have it out for me but is what im saying really coming across as "hate" to you? Just because I found him pretty dull as a main character between Halo 1-3?

Don't think it was a personal attack towards you...

Chief is a dull character.

Only good thing in Reach was Invasion. I can get the Chief complaints, but it was done that way intentionally.

Don't think it was a personal attack towards you...

Chief is a dull character.
I know that, same thing with Link. There's a reason why we don't see Master Chief face because Bungie wanted the player to think that is them in the armor. Just because Master Chief is a dull character does not make Halo a bad game. I just think Halo could have been better with a new Spartan as the lead character for the whole story going forward. One that is designed different from Master Chief. I think it would have been more interesting for the series if they would have left him in his hyper chamber sleep or whatever for Halo 4 and maybe have a different Spartan for Halo 4.

Since Uncharted was mentioned earlier, I think Uncharted has flawed too. I like the characters but the story is not something to praise about. I think the whole sci-fi enemy felt ridiculous too and feels really out of place.

I could potentially see a brief sale price or promo that would essentially make it $375 or $350 at the lowest last resort.

As for your last part, nail on the head. I've always been a fan of both for the very reasons you said. When the fanboy wars rage on I always have to laugh. The thing that gets me about the Sony has more exclusives (at least in regards to PS4 vs X1) is that while the quantity is there... The quality hasn't been. I never noticed this until a couple weeks ago after the release of the Order and all the hate it was getting. The overall reviews between the two systems' exclusives are quite spread out.

I don't think he was singling you out, I believe he was referring to the people that hate the direction the series took especially in 4, since that seems to be what I read around the net which coincides with 343 taking over the series.

I have never played Reach or ODST, but if they are better at story then maybe I should especially since I got one of them free with games with gold, as it stands I just don't see the hype behind the series. A lot of comments I see about peoples love for the series reference their first multiplayer experience over any of the story and lore so it's odd that now story and lore are now the selling points on the series but maybe it's momentum like someone said.

And don't think my opinions on Halo are because I'm a Sony guy, I was a 360 guy when Sony was attempting to destroy their brand with the PS3 launch, and I had zero interest in Halo 3 when it launched. I also have never got past meeting Ellie in The last of Us and I've only played the 1st Uncharted. I just don't get wrapped up in liking games that everyone says I should.

I don't think he was singling you out, I believe he was referring to the people that hate the direction the series took especially in 4, since that seems to be what I read around the net which coincides with 343 taking over the series.

I have never played Reach or ODST, but if they are better at story then maybe I should especially since I got one of them free with games with gold, as it stands I just don't see the hype behind the series. A lot of comments I see about peoples love for the series reference their first multiplayer experience over any of the story and lore so it's odd that now story and lore are now the selling points on the series but maybe it's momentum like someone said.

And don't think my opinions on Halo are because I'm a Sony guy, I was a 360 guy when Sony was attempting to destroy their brand with the PS3 launch, and I had zero interest in Halo 3. I also have never got past meeting Ellie in The last of Us and I've only played the 1st Uncharted. I just don't get wrapped up in liking games that everyone says I should.
I really liked Reach but thought ODST was just okay.

Uncharted 2 is where it is at. I just recently played it last year for the first time and the game still holds up when I was playing it. If you get the chance, you should try Uncharted 2 even if you didn't like Uncharted 1. The improvement is a big night and day difference. I only played the Uncharted series for the first time last year after completing The Last of Us. Wanted to see what the fuss was about. Uncharted 2 was really good, 1 was meh, and 3 I never finished it. 3 felt really off.

As for your last part, nail on the head. I've always been a fan of both for the very reasons you said. When the fanboy wars rage on I always have to laugh. The thing that gets me about the Sony has more exclusives (at least in regards to PS4 vs X1) is that while the quantity is there... The quality hasn't been. I never noticed this until a couple weeks ago after the release of the Order and all the hate it was getting. The overall reviews between the two systems' exclusives are quite spread out.
You reference the quality of Sony and Microsoft exclusives, but what Xbox One exclusive is lighting the world on fire? The Forza series is highly rated though Forza 5 got killed for the economy and microtransactions, Titanfall was critically acclaimed but quickly died because it was a shallow game and we all know the issues with the Master Chief Collection. Other than that..?

Here is the Xbox One top 5 exclusives on metacritic:

89: Ori and the Blind Forest

86: Titanfall

86: Forza Horizon 2

85: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

81: Sunset Overdrive

It's pretty safe to say that this gen up until BloodBorne has been very mediocre for exclusives on both systems, but we are only a year and a half in..

bread's done
Back