Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

So my achievements that were stuck in "Done! Unlocking..." popped today, but even though I unlocked all 25 cheevos the score for the game says 970/1000..  very odd, but maybe it will correct with time also..   anyway thanks for the responses.

What would most likely be 3 day early access is meh.

Just wondering does this mean Microsoft has the marketing deal on lock.

Its funny how much the Internet is running with this when its just EA access which just means you can play the game 5 days early but only for a few hours. I dont know why this is considered news.

*Insert dismissal comment here of positive Xbox One news because PS4 isn't doing it*
um. no. Why does this HAVE to be about PS4? It has nothing to do with it. Its just funny because its not exactly news. They didn't make a big deal with it with Dragon Age or Madden or stuff like that.

um. no. Why does this HAVE to be about PS4? It has nothing to do with it. Its just funny because its not exactly news. They didn't make a big deal with it with Dragon Age or Madden or stuff like that.
You sure?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/11/13/ea-access-allows-save-able-demo-for-dragon-age-inquisition-today/ - Article stating exactly what you said didn't happen with Dragon Age.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/madden-nfl-15-demo-exclusive-to-ea-early-access-on-xbox-one - Article stating exactly what you said didn't happen with Madden.

Literally took 5 seconds of googling.

Ok, I take it back then sorry. I guess I didn't realize the media makes a big deal out of known facts.

Edit: actually those articles aren't exactly on the same level as the media has been overracting to Battlefront

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I take it back then sorry. I guess I didn't realize the media makes a big deal out of known facts.

Edit: actually those articles aren't exactly on the same level as the media has been overracting to Battlefront
Again, 5 seconds of googling. I pulled the first article of many. I'm sure there's more gushy articles.

Is it really surprising that people are excited to play this game earlier than others? I mean, when street dates are broken, people flip out trying to get certain games. Add in it being a Star Wars themed game, and certain people are *really* excited to play it, period.

I understand people are excited about it. I dont understand why out of no where people are now flipping out that its coming to xbox "first" when that has been known for along time.

I understand people are excited about it. I dont understand why out of no where people are now flipping out that its coming to xbox "first" when that has been known for along time.
Because the hype engine is strong. Apparently, Star Wars Battlefront will break the internet.

I will say, I didn't know it was coming to Xbox One early. But then again, I didn't even think about who was making or publishing it.

Edit: It probably doesn't help that apparently one of the Xbox people tweeted out a message that wasn't clear, making it sound like Star Wars Battlefront was a timed exclusive to Xbox One. 160 characters apparently isn't very good for getting a full message out.

Anyone tried out SlingTV yet? I tried to sign-up for the trial and had a ton of issues getting it set-up due to some error. I'll probably call them sometime this week and get it sorted out. Seems like a pretty cool service, but not sure how much I would use it. HBO and Cartoon Network are the main selling points for me and HBO is an extra $15 to add, so I'd rather get HBO Now when it's not exclusive to Apple (damn Apple). 

EA Access has this mysterious effect on people where they forget what it is and how it works (Jedi mind trick?). Then you get websites publishing this "ZOMG Star Wars Xbox exclusivity deal!!!!" stuff.

[quote name="Sigma" post="12641068" timestamp="1429105900"]Anyone tried out SlingTV yet? I tried to sign-up for the trial and had a ton of issues getting it set-up due to some error. I'll probably call them sometime this week and get it sorted out. Seems like a pretty cool service, but not sure how much I would use it. HBO and Cartoon Network are the main selling points for me and HBO is an extra $15 to add, so I'd rather get HBO Now when it's not exclusive to Apple (damn Apple). [/quote]
I'm doing the 30 day trial right now. If they had more channels it might be worth it, but as it is now I think I will be canceling when the trial ends.

I knew nothing about this star wars game until reading this.
Were you living under a rock in 05?!?!? :razz: All jokes aside, the Battlefront series is easily one of my all time favorites. My dad even loves it and is considering getting an Xbox One to be able to play the new game. I'm really surprised it's taken them this long to reboot the franchise because you know a lot of people are going to buy it for the Star Wars name alone. I'm very interested to see the direction Dice is going to take this and how faithful it will stay to the originals, but I mean even if it's not much more than Battlefield reskinned it will still be amazing.

Just give them this one.. I mean they've had next to no exclusives since November last year and none in sight, they need something to be excited about..

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12641704" timestamp="1429125496"]Truth can be stupid sometimes, but not as stupid as bragging about paid access to being able to play the worst version of a game a couple of days early for a short amount of time.[/quote]
Wow, your fan boy and jelly is showing. How do you know it's the worst version again?

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/587781284388155392

The head of marketing at Xbox did the same thing they always do by making simple things more complicated to understand than it should be.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12641753" timestamp="1429127175"]Where have you been this whole generation especially when it comes to Dice games..? PC and PS4 will have the better version there is no question.[/quote]
Ha, your fan boyism is showing big time. Until the game is out, maybe you shouldn't comment on what you don't know about? Just saying, there's a lot unknown right now. There's a good chance that it may come out with exclusive content on Xbox One. That's not to mention the updates rolling out each month to the console.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12641882" timestamp="1429130780"]Pot meet kettle. [/quote]
Right, because I'm going to the PS4 thread smearing crap about it, right? Joke is I own both consoles since day one.

Right, because I'm going to the PS4 thread smearing crap about it, right? Joke is I own both consoles since day one.
Just because you're in the Xbox thread fanboying out doesn't make you less a fanboy and I have owned both since launch as well so I guess the joke is on you.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12641906" timestamp="1429131368"]Just because you're in the Xbox thread fanboying out doesn't make you less a fanboy and I own both as well so I guess the joke is on you.[/quote]
See how I'm not going to the PS4 thread and being a douchebag by shitting on everyone's parade? Or overly geek out and claiming superiority of any console? That's all on you, buddy.

See how I'm not going to the PS4 thread and being a douchebag by shitting on everyone's parade? Or overly geek out and claiming superiority of any console? That's all on you, buddy.
Nope, you're the one stooping to arguing and name calling because of my retort to a post made by Deader2818 who implied how silly it is for Xbox fanboys to be excited about Battlefront and EA Access. So really who's being the douchebag?

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12641951" timestamp="1429132459"]Nope, you're the one stooping to arguing and name calling because of my retort to a post made by Deader2818 who implied how silly it is for Xbox fanboys to be excited about Battlefront and EA Access. So really who's being the douchebag?[/quote]
Simply, you. If you don't have something positive to say, gtfo. That's how these threads rules have been for some time. So, again, instead of shitting on the topic, either be quiet or... well, stay out of the thread and be quiet. Simple. Stop shitting on other people's interests.

Simply, you. If you don't have something positive to say, gtfo. That's how these threads rules have been for some time. So, again, instead of shitting on the topic, either be quiet or... well, stay out of the thread and be quiet. Simple. Stop shitting on other people's interests.
Sorry but you're wrong, people can discuss the negatives just as much as the positives of the system, just don't make it into a fanboy war which funny enough you are the one who is guilty of starting this. So maybe you are the one who needs to leave the thread and be quiet.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12641977" timestamp="1429133427"]Sorry but you're wrong, people can discuss the negatives just as much as the positives of the system, just don't make it into a fanboy war which funny enough you are the one who is guilty of doing this. So maybe you are the one who needs to leave the thread and be quiet.[/quote]
Right, because coming to the thread and bashing a positive thing is adding to the discussion? Or just blatantly bashing the console out of the blue on it's releases when that wasn't a point of discussion is helping the thread? We'll see what the mods think.

Right, because coming to the thread and bashing a positive thing is adding to the discussion? Or just blatantly bashing the console out of the blue on it's releases when that wasn't a point of discussion is helping the thread? We'll see what the mods think.
And your fantastically positive responses to Deader2818 made for such compelling reading? I didn't bash something positive I agreed with someone who was making a point on how silly Xbox fanboys were being about Battlefront and EA access and added a quip about exclusives and implying that's why they are excited since there was nothing else to be excited for. See how it all correlates with the already happening discussion? Anyway this is my last response regarding this as I'm sure people are as bored of this as I am.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12641998" timestamp="1429134170"]And your fantastically positive responses to Deader2818 made for such compelling reading? I didn't bash something positive I agreed with someone who was making a point on how silly Xbox fanboys were being about Battlefront and EA access and added a quip about exclusives and implying that's why they are excited since there was nothing else to be excited for. See how it all correlates with the already happening discussion? Anyway this is my last response regarding this as I'm sure people are as bored of this as I am.[/quote]
My responses were fantastically positive? Wow. I don't even...

I'm sure you're backing off though because of "boredom". Definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you've been warned in the past to not pull the exact same bullshit you're pulling now.

Well to be fair, I can see why people are excited about it. I mostly thought it was funny that the media was freaking out about it going with how Battlefront might be a timed exclusive when all it was was just early access with EA pass that most people already knew they would get.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12642035" timestamp="1429135698"]Well to be fair, I can see why people are excited about it. I mostly thought it was funny that the media was freaking out about it going with how Battlefront might be a timed exclusive when all it was was just early access with EA pass that most people already knew they would get.[/quote]
Yeah. I think it's mostly because it's Star Wars. Doesn't hurt that it's being hyped as an "Internet breaking" release. Thanks, Katdashians, for that term. Ugh.

Lol, it's Star Wars Battlefront.

Star Wars

Dice

Battlefield is up to 64 players.

Battlefront was a great series, many people have played the series for many hours.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. That EA Access is another ace in the hole for the Xbox One. It's a shame I can't use the service, you prob know why, but it's been performing fairly well worth a healthy choice of games to boot.

Just give them this one.. I mean they've had next to no exclusives since November last year and none in sight, they need something to be excited about..
The funny thing is that other than Bloodborne and arguably Infamous SS... PS4 hasn't had much in terms of retail exclusives in, well... forever.

Yeah. I think it's mostly because it's Star Wars. Doesn't hurt that it's being hyped as an "Internet breaking" release. Thanks, Katdashians, for that term. Ugh.

Lol, it's Star Wars Battlefront.

Star Wars

Dice

Battlefield is up to 64 players.

Battlefront was a great series, many people have played the series for many hours.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. That EA Access is another ace in the hole for the Xbox One. It's a shame I can't use the service, you prob know why, but it's been performing fairly well worth a healthy choice of games to boot.
Here people is why common sense is so valued in life.

giphy.gif

Guys. Like seriously, can we not go down this path yet again? We are all smart enough to know that quality is a matter of opinion and going down this path yet again is just pointless.

bread's done
Back