Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Olli Olli is really good. I played on the Vita and was expecting to not like it. Was very surprised with it. The controls are weird to get the hang of at first, but then it makes sense after you get use to them.

Heard about it at work, looks well I mean the CG looked good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF07oLpHEBw

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely interested in this. I never finished the reboot and I repurchased it on ps4 but it's still sealed. Really hope there's bigger tombs.

Also did you guys see that the campaign in Rock Band 4 is like a RPG? Apparently there's multiple ways to play throigh it. Seems pretty intriguing. Rock Band is one of those games, I love to play but hate having the instruments all over my living room.

Wish there were actual gameplay but we'll probably see that at E3. This year E3 is going to be awesome if the rumors are true.

I'm definitely interested in this. I never finished the reboot and I repurchased it on ps4 but it's still sealed. Really hope there's bigger tombs.

Also did you guys see that the campaign in Rock Band 4 is like a RPG? Apparently there's multiple ways to play throigh it. Seems pretty intriguing. Rock Band is one of those games, I love to play but hate having the instruments all over my living room.
I wonder how it's going to do. Especially with Rocksmith out there that teaches you how to play a real instrument instead of a plastic controller. Although that's interesting that they are going that route.

I wonder how it's going to do. Especially with Rocksmith out there that teaches you how to play a real instrument instead of a plastic controller. Although that's interesting that they are going that route.
It'll do great, Rock Band is fun and easy to pick up and play. Rocksmith isn't easy and it's a bit on the complicated side, but it is a great tool to help you learn how to play a real guitar.

People who are buying Rock Band and Guitar Hero though are looking for a good time with friends and family. Rocksmith is definitely a similar product, but one geared at an entirely different group of people. I think enough time has passed that people are ready to jump back into these games and rock out again.

Speaking of Limbo, is there anyway to view old Xbox Live messages? I got a free Limbo code for being a Day One buyer but I forgot to redeem the code during the Holiday and the message was deleted by itself.

Speaking of Limbo, is there anyway to view old Xbox Live messages? I got a free Limbo code for being a Day One buyer but I forgot to redeem the code during the Holiday and the message was deleted by itself.
I think XBL messages are automatically deleted after 30 days, so you'd probably have to contact Xbox CS for your best chance.

I feel like seeing the same few crowds over and over again will get boring real fast
I was always a guitar hero guy, but that one stereotypical tatt'd up douchebag that on stage with you, strumming his guitar with his mouth open like " aww yeah brah, we're so rawkin now!".......I see him in every video, every screenshot, every article. Knowing I will have to encounter that butthole will keep me away from that game.

I have not had any luck with my xbox one controllers.  Seems like they all have developed a drift or have a sticky button on them.  I know these things don't last forever but I swear I got more life out of my 360 controllers.  Might have to look into trading a couple of these in and hoping that the new ones last a bit longer for me.  Is the trade in value at GS still the best deal out there?  $22 base, $24.20 w/ PUR?

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 will debut on Microsoft's stage next Monday..  possible exclusive/timed exclusive to Xbox and PC incoming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEc6A1c6guw&feature=youtu.be&a

Also Quantum Break will not be at E3 but will make an appearance at Gamescom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABps2aoiqug&feature=youtu.be&t=1m45s

I have not had any luck with my xbox one controllers. Seems like they all have developed a drift or have a sticky button on them. I know these things don't last forever but I swear I got more life out of my 360 controllers. Might have to look into trading a couple of these in and hoping that the new ones last a bit longer for me. Is the trade in value at GS still the best deal out there? $22 base, $24.20 w/ PUR?
My Day One controller had a horrible drift in the right stick in less than 10 months. I picked up an Advanced Warfare controller at BB on BF and it has been flawless. Holding the two you can tell that the build quality was so much better in the AW. It feels heavier, more durable, and tighter.

So - I'm guessing most who purchased an Xbox one also purchased a 360..  Can anyone recommend exclusives for the 360 besides the Gears of War series and Witcher 2  .. I'd appreciate more of these type of fantasy/science fiction/rpg titles. Thanks for anything you can muster.

I heard Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey are good RPG games for the 360. Also can't go wrong with the Mass Effect games but those games are not exclusive.

Not surprised about the 1 TB model.

With Halo MCC, it's a pretty solid deal. Although for $349, the 500 GB model still is a great value considering how cheap external HD's are getting nowadays.

Is the MCC a download code only? Either way there goes your monthly ISP bandwidth and 10% of your HD space right off the bat, lol.
Yeah it's a DL Code only. Then again there are many games which take up 10% of your HD space nowadays, lol,

I am finishing up downloading ESO and that's 55 GB Day One.

Yeah it's a DL Code only. Then again there are many games which take up 10% of your HD space nowadays, lol,

I am finishing up downloading ESO and that's 55 GB Day One.
Yea, I have a 5tb external drive so no worries here, but if anyone thinks that an internal 1tb is going to last them a long time that is just not the case unless you only play a few games.

Personally, anything more than 2TB is more than enough.

I'm fine with essentially 850GB(500GB internal,500GB external), space only fills up due to Games with Gold Games.

Is there really no way to redeem codes from smartglass?  i've been sitting on an odst code for a week or two now because I'm too lazy to enter it in my console

Is there really no way to redeem codes from smartglass? i've been sitting on an odst code for a week or two now because I'm too lazy to enter it in my console
If you turn on your Xbox One and read the ODST message on live, there should be a button below the message that says redeem code. That's what I did. Took like 2 seconds.

The best thing about the new controller is that it can update its FW wirelessly.
Does it alert you that there is a new FW update? I don't mind plugging the controller in, but I would like to know there is new FW for the controller.

Played some ESO last night.

I already know this game is problem in my life. I had to stop playing because the servers were
shaq-fu%2196.gif
ed but it's addicting as hell. It's an MMO but they blended what makes Elder Scrolls fun in as well. So you level like you do in Elder Scrolls by using abilities and stuff. Plus it has the fighters guild, mages guild, etc.

Does it alert you that there is a new FW update? I don't mind plugging the controller in, but I would like to know there is new FW for the controller.
The controller isn't even out yet, so I have no clue if they're doing anything console-side to make that easier to figure out. The fact that you don't have to hook it up to the Xbox One to find out is a big first step.

The controller isn't even out yet, so I have no clue if they're doing anything console-side to make that easier to figure out. The fact that you don't have to hook it up to the Xbox One to find out is a big first step.
Talking about stuff hard to figure out why is it so hard to find games with gold on the store?

There's been a lot of mysterious posts on Twitter that suggest somebody big in the industry passed away today or is at least in bad health and I think it was Stephen Toulouse from these few tweets that have some specificity about it (e, stepto tribute, this search of the "stepto" tag on Twitter).

[quote name="el swordo" post="12737059" timestamp="1433975333"]Talking about stuff hard to figure out why is it so hard to find games with gold on the store? [/quote]
Mine is always on the featured section of the dash. Is that not the case for everybody?

[quote name="el swordo" post="12737270" timestamp="1433984514"]Apparently it is but, why isn't it featured on the store homepage? [/quote]
Because they figure who's going to go that deep to find it when it is on the first screen you see when firing up the Xbox? ;-)
I don't really try to understand Microsoft's logic with their store. It seems the layout is tweaked every time I go in there. Most of the time I just purchase from Smart glass.

I don't even look at the main screen I usually just go straight to my pins and when I want to buy something I go to the store. The store layout is horrible BTW. Even the ps4 not letting you use your attached keyboard in the store isn't as bad.

Mmmm, I usually use xbox.com on my netbook or smartglass on my smartphone as well.
Ditto.

I hate using the store interface on the X1 Dashboard. It's so half-finished compared to the X360 store interface.

I can only hope that when W10 comes out and the X1 components of it make it to the X1, it's a complete overhaul of the X1 Dashboard.

bread's done
Back