Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Yeah i touched on Rare Replay/maybe lego as a child's bundle.

Like I said, I dunno about marketing for Fallout 4. Just Cause and R6 ill have to see if they have a marketing deal with those.

I can possibly see R6 but not really for Just Cause as its not really a big enough game to do a pack in deal with.

Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, and R6:Siege. A children's bundle with Rare Replay and something else could work.
That's what I am thinking the other bundles will be. I think the children's bundle might be Skylanders instead though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to think the Fallout 4 announcement during Xbox E3's press conference wouls be enough evidence for a potential marketing deal.

Would like to think the Fallout 4 announcement during Xbox E3's press conference wouls be enough evidence for a potential marketing deal.
2014 E3 Metal Gear Solid V was shown in detail at the Microsoft conference but they had no marketing deal for it. Because something is shown during a conference doesn't always mean they have the marketing for it.

Its very possible that no one has a marketing deal for Fallout.

MGS is a well-known Sony exclusive/franchise. Not a good example.
Tomb Raider..? Past means nothing in this business..

Not to mention Bethesda confirmed on twitter they have no DLC exclusives with anyone which likely means there is no deal with Microsoft.. Microsoft probably just paid them to be on their stage, pretended that console mods are an exclusive, and promoted the bonus of getting fallout 3. That is likely the extent of it, but we will see by Friday.

What would be a good example to you then? lol.

Im not saying its impossible that Microsoft has the marketing for Fallout 4. Im just saying its not a lock just because they showed Fallout 4 during their conference.

Tomb Raider still a bad example, paid exclusivity was known from the start.
So anything that doesn't support your argument is not a good example? lol

Come Friday when there is no Fallout bundle, will that be a good example?

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12943263" timestamp="1443486827"]So anything that doesn't support your argument is not a good example? lol

Come Friday when there is no Fallout bundle, will that be a good example?[/quote]
I mean Fallout is a PC franchise with no true console ties. Doesn't have to support my argument, just look at other 2 series being used in comparison, especially MGS.

I'm thinking there will be a Fallout 3 & Fallout 4 Xbox bundle. I think all the Bundles will be basic black system with digital codes. Funny though Gamestop seemed to push the Xbox more then Playstation. Might be interesting since Gamestop refuses to sell console bundled with game codes.

I'm thinking there will be a Fallout 3 & Fallout 4 Xbox bundle. I think all the Bundles will be basic black system with digital codes. Funny though Gamestop seemed to push the Xbox more then Playstation. Might be interesting since Gamestop refuses to sell console bundled with game codes.
How do you figure Gamestop pushes Xbox more?

The New Lunar White Controller is very nice. The bumpers and joysticks got improved. You can click the bumpers anywhere and it will work, no need to watch a youtube video to learn how to press down on it. While the joysticks are a little bit tighter and is not as loose as the original. The 3.5mm jack is also a nice bonus. 

The New Lunar White Controller is very nice. The bumpers and joysticks got improved. You can click the bumpers anywhere and it will work, no need to watch a youtube video to learn how to press down on it. While the joysticks are a little bit tighter and is not as loose as the original. The 3.5mm jack is also a nice bonus.
Completely agree, as I said in the thread on the trade in deal, traded in both my day one and standard xbox controllers for the lunar. I've mentioned it many times before in this thread how crap the bumpers are and the updated bumpers are day and night different and far superior. That said the headphone jack does nothing for me, however the rubberized backing on the back of the controller grips is a fantastic touch. Controller feels real premium both in weight and heft and also in it's appearance. Now I'll wait for a black friday price on the microsoft store for the Forza blue one to replace the second controller I no longer have.

[quote name="blueweltall" post="12943651" timestamp="1443504706"]The New Lunar White Controller is very nice. The bumpers and joysticks got improved. You can click the bumpers anywhere and it will work, no need to watch a youtube video to learn how to press down on it. While the joysticks are a little bit tighter and is not as loose as the original. The 3.5mm jack is also a nice bonus. [/quote]
Anybody who had to watch a video to figure out how to push a button is an idiot.

Today's new Xbox One bundle is a 1tb hdd with Gears of War UE, Rare Replay, and Ori the Blind Forrest for $399.

Same here, but it's so fuck ing ugly. Gold trim? Ugh... I still got one, though.
I thought the gold look weird at first from the pics but the gold is really not as bright as the stock pics make it to be, it's a subtle gold.

It's weird for some reason all of Microsft limited edition controller looks much better in person than it does in the stock pic.

I thought the gold look weird at first from the pics but the gold is really not as bright as the stock pics make it to be, it's a subtle gold.

It's weird for some reason all of Microsft limited edition controller looks much better in person than it does in the stock pic.
Agreed, the gold in the pictures looks gaudy, but in person it looks like a dark unpolished gold, I think it looks great. Though if the gold parts were black this controller would have been perfect.

Well except the buttons, the rubberized grip, better bumpers and 3.5mm jack, yeah exactly the same..
The new controller has rubberized grip? Is that only the lunar one? Been considering the blue Halo one, though I'm not a Halo fan. I'd hate to purchase a new controller now, only to want to purchase the Elite controller down the line.

The new controller has rubberized grip? Is that only the lunar one? Been considering the blue Halo one, though I'm not a Halo fan. I'd hate to purchase a new controller now, only to want to purchase the Elite controller down the line.
The Lunar White and the Forza controller (microsoft store exclusive) both have the diamond grips. Unfortunately, they don't list it as a feature for the halo controllers so I don't think they have it.

I think they also have less grip than the Elite controller right?

x6ayRpr.jpg

The Lunar White and the Forza controller (microsoft store exclusive) both have the diamond grips. Unfortunately, they don't list it as a feature for the halo controllers so I don't think they have it.

I think they also have less grip than the Elite controller right?
Yeah, they have less grip than the elite controller.

There's two new Xbox One Bundle announced today. There's a 500gb Cirrus White Gears of War Bundle that will be exlclusive to Wal-mart and a 500gb Xbox One with Kinect bundle that includes Dance Central, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Zoo Tycoon.

There's two new Xbox One Bundle announced today. There's a 500gb Cirrus White Gears of War Bundle that will be exlclusive to Wal-mart and a 500gb Xbox One with Kinect bundle that includes Dance Central, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Zoo Tycoon.
I'm glad they're offer another Kinect bundle. I have a launch system, but without the Kinect, the system just seems off. Without the Kinect, can you use the Oneguide to change channels? I also always use the Xbox On feature to turn on my Xbox, TV, and cable box.

Been a member of the Xbox preview dashboard for some time and right now I just can't keep downloading updates (internet is capped). Anyone know how to opt out of the preview? I uninstalled the dashboard and registration app but doubt that'll do it.

[quote name="Spybreak9" post="12948356" timestamp="1443734687"]Been a member of the Xbox preview dashboard for some time and right now I just can't keep downloading updates (internet is capped). Anyone know how to opt out of the preview? I uninstalled the dashboard and registration app but doubt that'll do it.[/quote]
You do it from within the preview app. :O

So the last bundle is indeed a black xbox 1tb with fallout. Feel like they dropped the ball not making a speical console with it. Ovet all these bundles were kinda lackluster but that's just me. The rare replay/gears seems like the best value followed closely by tomb raider than fallout.

The lego bundle is kind of a head scratcher and I dont know wtf they were thinking with the kinect bundle.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12949341" timestamp="1443797106"]So the last bundle is indeed a black xbox 1tb with fallout. Feel like they dropped the ball not making a speical console with it. Ovet all these bundles were kinda lackluster but that's just me. The rare replay/gears seems like the best value followed closely by tomb raider than fallout.

The lego bundle is kind of a head scratcher and I dont know wtf they were thinking with the kinect bundle.[/quote]
Options are nice.

bread's done
Back