Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Never have tried to get any of Games with Gold before and I'm trying to get Dungeon Siege 3 (not that great I know but still want to finish it sold mine awhile ago) on my One since 360 games with Gold can now be played on the One. News says it's available from the 16th-30th of this month but whenever I go to get it it just says "Bundle Only" where you would normally select to purchase it. What would I have to do to get to download it assuming I can like they are advertising?
on the 360 or xbox.com. Trying from the One will just say bundle only.

I actually was going to try accessing it with my 360 later as I suspected that might be why it wasn't working so thanks for the tip. I did try getting it through Xbox.com but it wanted a credit card even though it was free and I'm not going to have a repeat of the shit I had to go through to get my old card removed (maybe things have changed in the last few years though?).

I am having a problem with my XOne. So my friends list and friend's activity has not been updating for the past 4-5 days and I mean literally not updating. My friend activity does not change status at all. I tried hard resetting, everything.

Now on the xbox app on Win 10, everything is fine. Just on my XOne.

Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Thanks.

So I'm supposed to remove my account from the system, which you might have to do up to 5 times -Jesus-, and then re-add it.
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4268/p/2072596/5484080.aspx#5484080
So if anyone knows, does removing an account on the system eliminate all the account's saves? Things are probably backed up in the cloud but 95% of the time I'm not connected to the cloud.
Well got the guts to go with this troubleshooting process and it fixed it! Xbox remembers me and immediately signs me in again. THank god.

Update: FYI if you do this method you have to sync every game you want to play again. Wtf

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, so I hooked up my Xbox One to my Veloster Turbo (via a power strip and video converter, don't think that's the best way to do it but I'm desperate), drove over to public Wi-Fi and downloaded the updates and games I had in my queue. Still working on that monster Forza Motorsport 6 title (I grabbed the Forza Twin Pack).

Any recommendations on eternal HD's for the One? I bought GTA V but I wont play it until I get an external because my bandwidth cap (don't want to keep deleting and redownloading stuff).

Want to know if any brand works or if there is a recommended brand by the community.

Thanks

Any recommendations on eternal HD's for the One? I bought GTA V but I wont play it until I get an external because my bandwidth cap (don't want to keep deleting and redownloading stuff).

Want to know if any brand works or if there is a recommended brand by the community.

Thanks
Can't go wrong with Western Digital. I have a 500GB for my PC and a 4TB for my X1 and never had a problem. I know many people use it in the XBLA deals thread as well.

Edit: That's for external. Not sure of any hard drive that will last forever as you request. :p

Can't go wrong with Western Digital. I have a 500GB for my PC and a 4TB for my X1 and never had a problem. I know many people use it in the XBLA deals thread as well.

Edit: That's for external. Not sure of any hard drive that will last forever as you request. :p
Yeah, I've got that 4TB HDD too.

Anyone else pick up Just Cause 3 yet? I was curious to how the game is running for everyone on the Xbox One. I picked it up last night and have had minimal issues with the game aside from some frame rate dropping and constantly being disconnected from the online servers, which is annoying. I am sure these issues will soon be patched, but so far really loving the game and having a ton of fun playing. 

Guys please help.  I can't get my XO One headset to work properly - I can't hear sound through my headphones.  I initially got it to work on my Xbox One and was able to hear audio through my headphones.  After leaving my console idle for awhile after downloading some DLC, I noticed I couldn't hear anything again.  I turned up my TV HDMI audio (since when you use the XO One it can push audio out to both the TV and the controller connected XO One at the same time) and I could hear the audio through my TV speakers just fine.  It's odd because my headphones were initially working.  Now they aren't.  Also, these headsets are wired so they connect through the controller so there's no pairing that needs to be done.  I even tried restarting my console and disconnecting/reconnecting my 3.5mm (?) cable and still nothing worked. 

Ordered this through Amazon so I want to avoid a return if possible. 

No surprise but Rise of the Tomb Raider is not doing so well at retailers when compared with Fallout 4 sales. Which sucks because I heard that game is very good and it should get more attention than what it is getting right now. Microsoft should have just released it in December or even delayed to January. It's just insane that they released it the same day as Fallout 4.
The word on the street is the deal was originally inked by Microsoft so they had a product to compete with Uncharted 4. If that was actually the intent, the game should have been delayed until March like Uncharted was to keep the spirit of the contract in tact. Now it's just going to be this year's Sunset Overdrive, a great game that no one buys or cares about.

I wonder why we see so many digital PS4 bundled games on sale (uncharted collection, last of us a year ago), but none on the Xbox console bundle digital games...is it a volume thing?

I wonder why we see so many digital PS4 bundled games on sale (uncharted collection, last of us a year ago), but none on the Xbox console bundle digital games...is it a volume thing?
Well If I had to hazard a guess I'd say with all the PS4s out there Sony can afford the discount.

Then again Sony likes their collections.

Well both Last of Us and Uncharted Collection are old games.

Pretty sure MCC and Gears UE codes hit way under MSRP in a short amount of time.

Tempted to say Rainbow Six: Siege is the best shooter of the year.

Now we need to make Blacklist backwards compatible or an all new Splinter Cell so I can play Spies vs. Mercs again.

I ordered my first Xbox One on Black Friday (from Microsoft Store). It took a week to arrive, and it finally did today.

1.2GB (or so) update right out of the box. And then a controller update.

Got it all setup in my entertainment center, am putting on some download codes and decide to throw in my first game...and the fucking thing won't read *any* discs! I've tried three brand new games, a Blu Ray movie, and a DVD. Drive makes noises...but doesn't load a damn thing.

fuck.

After talking with seven or so unhelpful Xbox reps, I got an extremely nice lady on the phone.

She listened, she seemed genuine, and she said she'd do everything possible to get the fee waived.

Now, I am waiting for a call back from her supervisor to see if he/she approves the waived fee.

After talking with seven or so unhelpful Xbox reps, I got an extremely nice lady on the phone.

She listened, she seemed genuine, and she said she'd do everything possible to get the fee waived.

Now, I am waiting for a call back from her supervisor to see if he/she approves the waived fee.
What fee? I had an issue with my Xbox One I purchased in October and sent it in two days before Thanksgiving and sent it in for repairs and it was returned about a week and half later. I talked to a rep, explained the problem, which was similar to yours, and was given a RMA shipping label all at no cost. If you purchased it on Black Friday you should be under warranty.

Maybe some info is missing from explanation?.

They told me I had two repair options:

Advanced Exchange: They put a $400 hold on my credit card, plus a $15 service fee. The $400 is refunded when I return the non-working console. They ship the new one first.

Repair: I send my console into them, and I pay shipping. Then, it takes 14-21 days to receive my console back.

I tried to both get that $15 waived and/or get a prepaid label for the second option...the reps wouldn't budge. (I actually wanted to use the first option anyway. I don't want to wait 2-3 weeks to get a console back I've never even used yet.)

Got Fallout 4, Just Cause 3 and Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Siege for $88 with tax after $15 in rewards. Not bad all for XBONE. 

The repair itself is free. However, shipping it to them is not. Neither would be the $15 "advanced repair exchange" fee.

Except, I finally found a rep that thinks they can get that fee waived for me.
Do you have a Microsoft Store nearby where you could just exchange it? It seems unfair to pay anything for a repair on a console that's less than a month old and didn't work out of the box. Either way that sucks. I did something similar when my new Wii was acting up and had the known graphics issue. I called Nintendo, they put a hold on my card for X-amount and shipped my a new one. When they received my busted one, they took the hold off. There was no "service fee" however.

Do you have a Microsoft Store nearby where you could just exchange it? It seems unfair to pay anything for a repair on a console that's less than a month old and didn't work out of the box. Either way that sucks. I did something similar when my new Wii was acting up and had the known graphics issue. I called Nintendo, they put a hold on my card for X-amount and shipped my a new one. When they received my busted one, they took the hold off. There was no "service fee" however.
I know, that's pretty shitty. I'd even consider contact Microsoft Store's customer assistance and let them know that the Xbox was DOA.

Closest Microsoft Store is 90 minutes away, and, they only could swap a 500GB console. I have the 1TB.

I just got an email though, saying they would waive the $15 fee. Only thing is I'll be swapping my day old console for a Microsoft refurb. Guess I'm going this route though.

Closest Microsoft Store is 90 minutes away, and, they only could swap a 500GB console. I have the 1TB.

I just got an email though, saying they would waive the $15 fee. Only thing is I'll be swapping my day old console for a Microsoft refurb. Guess I'm going this route though.
Oh snap, that sucks :cry:

That really sucks. I'd bring it up on reddit and their twitter support. They tend to react aggressively when confronted in public.

I wouldn't take that lying down. You paid for a brand new working system and were given a brand new broken system, and now they want to give you a used, previously broken system as a suitable replacement to the brand new, broken system you just bought from them.  Funk dat.

Edit: Not to mention that the refurb they are giving you probably only has a 90-day warranty, so you're losing the one-year warranty on the brand new Xbox.

My wife also brought up the point about the warranty last night.  I definitely did *not* think of that.  I did email them asking for some clarification.  I'm hoping now that I'm speaking with a "supervisor", they might get some shit done.

Honestly, this has been just terrible.  I've been on the phone with reps for hours.  Some are basically incompetent (couldn't find my info. by Gamertag or email address).  Only one of the reps I've spoken with seemed genuinely concerned and really did seem to care.  She sounded pretty upset about the situation.  (Going to make sure and leave a good survey for that rep.)

I would definitely get clarification on what the warranty is based on taking the refurb.  I think they give you a full year from when you purchased the original system even if the refurb is only supposed to have a 90 day return policy.  Taking the refurb might void the remaining 9 months, you should definitely get clarification before you accept a refurb in this case.  In all fairness, you should get the entire original year, but when you take that refurb you definitely could be giving up some of your rights. 

This might not be what you want to hear, but if I were you, based on what happened to me with my launch system I would either make the long drive and swap the system out for a brand new system or just return it outright and look for another option to buy one.

I say this because I bought a system at launch and about 6 months in I had the "grinding disc drive" issue that some launch consoles had.  I had them replace it with a refurb, but as others have said you only get a warranty of 90 days or the original year, whichever is longer.  Of course a month after the original year expired my drive stopped reading discs.  I called them and had it out with them and they hard assed me on the warranty.  I think it is utter garbage that they only give you 90 days on a refurb, but it is what it is.

Based on what someone here posted before though I was able to get the console to start reading discs again by propping up the front end of the console with a couple game cases.  You might want to try that just to see if it works, but even if it does I would get a brand new system as I mentioned earlier.

I would definitely (at this point) just make the drive to the Microsoft Store.  But, they told me over the phone they only have 500GB consoles to exchange.  They don't have the 1TB, which is what I have.  

The other annoying part about Microsoft Store is I can't seem to get a phone number to call the physical store.  All of the numbers go to their call center, and only their call center can call the stores direct.  (Even when I call a "local" Microsoft Store number, it directs to a call center.)

I think I am going to chat with MicrosoftStore.com and try and get a full exchange from the website.  

I actually did try the tilting trick, but, it doesn't work either.

Thanks for all the advice guys.  I'll update when something happens...

EDIT:  I've tried Microsoft Store chat.  They will *not* take the console back, period.  I have to use Xbox Support, or, take it to a "local" store.  But, the local stores don't have the 1TB.  This is madness....

I would definitely (at this point) just make the drive to the Microsoft Store. But, they told me over the phone they only have 500GB consoles to exchange. They don't have the 1TB, which is what I have.

The other annoying part about Microsoft Store is I can't seem to get a phone number to call the physical store. All of the numbers go to their call center, and only their call center can call the stores direct. (Even when I call a "local" Microsoft Store number, it directs to a call center.)

I think I am going to chat with MicrosoftStore.com and try and get a full exchange from the website.

I actually did try the tilting trick, but, it doesn't work either.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll update when something happens...

EDIT: I've tried Microsoft Store chat. They will *not* take the console back, period. I have to use Xbox Support, or, take it to a "local" store. But, the local stores don't have the 1TB. This is madness....
Phil Spencer Twitter: https://twitter.com/XboxP3

Phil Spencer email: [email protected]

Xbox Corporate Office Headquarters
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington 98052-7329 USA
Corporate Phone Number: 1-425-882-8080

Ask to speak to Phil Spencer when calling.

I'd also complain to The Consumerist, as well.

Phil Spencer Twitter: https://twitter.com/XboxP3

Phil Spencer email: [email protected]

Xbox Corporate Office Headquarters
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington 98052-7329 USA
Corporate Phone Number: 1-425-882-8080

Ask to speak to Phil Spencer when calling.

I'd also complain to The Consumerist, as well.
This. He tried to be patient with their fuck up, but enough's enough. Time to go higher up on the food chain.

This. He tried to be patient with their fuck up, but enough's enough. Time to go higher up on the food chain.
The trick is to ask for the executive when calling, which normally has you end up with their executive assistant, which normally can help out or get you to the person that can help out.

Since it's a voice-prompt system when I called into it, asking for Phil Spencer should end up in the right area. Following up with an email or a tweet should also do the same, if there's no immediate response on the phone call.

Yeah that's unacceptable and it just sounds like they lost your business (as I would return it and get the 1TB somewhere else. GL dude.

yeah man, Spencer or Nelson.  Bring it to the attention of Cheapy, some news sites and let the shit go viral if you need to.

Yea, what they should do is just send you a brand new console and include a shipping label to return the broken one.  If they are that concerned that you are trying to game the system they can put a hold on your CC until you send the broken one back (I think they actually do that on any return, don't they?)  If they don't trust you enough to do that they should at least send a 1tb to the 'not so' close Microsoft Store and let you drive out there and swap it out.  

I'm not even sure what they are trying to accomplish with this run around and making you go through MS Support site?  If this console was a year old and out of warranty or even a few months old I could understand that but a DOA system out of the box just makes no sense.  If you bought it at any retailer or even Amazon wouldn't they just replace it with a new console?  They are going to make you jump through these hoops 2 weeks before xmas?

Definitely go the social medial route as well.  If they try to refer you to XB Support's twitter page keep at them.  Calling corporate is a good idea too because I think if you get a supervisor through the 800 number they will just give you the same run around.

I heard back from the supervisor. They are going to issue me a return label to mail my console back in. And then they're going to repair it. I will retain my warranty.

Definitely not the most ideal scenario...but I'm really tired of dealing with them at this point.

I heard back from the supervisor. They are going to issue me a return label to mail my console back in. And then they're going to repair it. I will retain my warranty.

Definitely not the most ideal scenario...but I'm really tired of dealing with them at this point.
I would still bring it to the attention of Phil Spencer or Major Nelson as they should give you something for a DOA console out of the box and the retailer wouldn't do anything to fix save sending it in for repair.

You would still have the year warranty on your purchase, though you'd have a refurb and not your NIB X1.

I would still bring it to the attention of Phil Spencer or Major Nelson as they should give you something for a DOA console out of the box and the retailer wouldn't do anything to fix save sending it in for repair.

You would still have the year warranty on your purchase, though you'd have a refurb and not your NIB X1.

I did email Phil Spencer after shrike mentioned him. I'll see if he sends a reply. They haven't sent the label yet.

New development: I just got an email from an Xbox employee that sounds promising. They are to call me tomorrow. We'll see what happens...

New development: I just got an email from an Xbox employee that sounds promising. They are to call me tomorrow. We'll see what happens...
Hopefully that was someone in Phil Spector's office/one of his underlings stepping in, so that might be the response that you should get with the MS Store giving you the middle finger.

I'd wait to see what happens post-call, so you may end up with a replacement new box + an extra/some extras, depending on where the contact is coming from.

This is why you use the "email executives direct email / call corp office and ask for CEO/VP/President/COO/etc" routine when nothing else seems to be working right. Hope it pans out like I think it will.

100% with the above. I've worked for corporate in the past (not Microsoft, but "big business") and unfortunately they will walk all over their customers until someone with steel balls fights back. And then the steel balled ones talk to "executive relations" styled groups, which is the last line of defense before executives get dick slapped in the face with realities. You're in the right spot luckily though, because those executive relations groups have a sole goal of not letting shit get to the actual executives. If they do their job proper, you'll not only be satisfied but also willing to recommend the company. That's their job.

They sent me a shipping label tonight. I have to return the full console (boxes, controller, manuals, etc.) and when it arrives to their warehouse, the Microsoft employee will reach back out and order me a new bundle.

They sent me a shipping label tonight. I have to return the full console (boxes, controller, manuals, etc.) and when it arrives to their warehouse, the Microsoft employee will reach back out and order me a new bundle.
Hopefully with a bonus gift for your trouble.

bread's done
Back