XBOX Replacement Power Cords Still Doesn't Fix the REAL Problem

Well my Xbox has never burned so im happy i got a new cord. (though i still havent even replaced it with the old one yet.)

Actually this is true. It just took a slow-ass site like the Register nearly three weeks to bother mentioning it...long after news that the replacement power cord was a cover up for faulty PSUs in some Xbox systems originally hit.

well if my xbox still burns out. it's alrite, had this system for 4 yr. , and never had a problem. compare to my PS2 problems. I had 3 PS2 crap out on me...

I guess Nintendo makes the best console.... for wear & tear....

[quote name='Spoon_si']well if my xbox still burns out. it's alrite, had this system for 4 yr. , and never had a problem. compare to my PS2 problems. I had 3 PS2 crap out on me...

I guess Nintendo makes the best console.... for wear & tear....[/quote]

Thats funny, I thought the xbox has only been out for 3 years and 3 months. :?

[quote name='Spoon_si']well if my xbox still burns out. it's alrite, had this system for 4 yr. , and never had a problem. [/quote]

Regardless of how long anyone has the system, it still shouldn't self-destruct like this because of faulty manufacturing. Microsoft has invested enough money in this system that they should have done the job right in the first place. Whether your system burns out today or ten years from now, I still think you have a right to be good and angry about it. :evil: I know I will be if it happens to me.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']So, a new power cord won't save my Xbox from catching on fire?...[/quote]

It will save it from catching on fire, but the replacement cord will basically fry the power supply unit when it cuts the power off though. So your system will be useless after that, since it won't turn on. That's basically what the story is about.

[quote name='supermariomelee']It will save it from catching on fire, but the replacement cord will basically fry the power supply unit when it cuts the power off though. So your system will be useless after that, since it won't turn on. That's basically what the story is about.[/quote]

So, the circuit breaker in the new power cord that Microsoft sent me, won't prevent the power supply unit in my Xbox from frying!...:bomb:

Mother f-ers! This is so NOT COOL! (fortunately I bought the extended warrantee from MS...)
Reminds me of the Ford Pinto...

bread's done
Back