XBox vs PS2

I just have a feeling that there are usually more deals for PS2 games (and a lot of times it's the multiplatform PS2 games) because people usually want the XBOX version. I'm probably wrong though, haha

I agree with the make the list of the games and see what you got idea.

also, you need to try out xbox live at a friend's if you haven't yet. it might help you decide, unless you're never going online.

[quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='Goodtone']This is the way it REALLY is.............The XBOX is for the "hip" cool "in" crowd that want to be "cutting edge" and in style with what is up to date and the latest greatest thing. If you want to have lots of girls worship you and be popular, then go with the XBOX.
The PS2 is for the Anime fanboy types that think they live in Japan and live in a delusional Final Fantasy world of battle statistics and cutesy cartoon animal furries. They dream of aniimorphic love and drink grape powerade and read comics...so if you are into that, go with PS2....
and.......
......of course I am kidding around as usual and really, both systems are great except XBOX is a real gaming system for real gamers and PS2 is like Trix the cereal....What do they say about TRIX? Please someone say it......[/quote]

I didn't write this, my Bass player came in here and typed this when I was downstairs in the studio working on a guitar part for our new song. So I can't take credit for this one.....[/quote]

live in Atlanta, in a band, love games....are you living MY life, or am i living YOURS??!! Seriously, what's your band? any good? I live in atlanta too...mebbe i'll come and see you guys if you are playing out. PM me if ya like.

Well I'm another person who owns all three. I bought a PS2 on launch, was diehard Sony for 2 years until it got the classic "Disc Read Error" and bit the dust. Luckily EB was paying 100 bucks at the time for broken PS2s and I picked up an XBOX and Star Wars: KOTOR. Since then I have repurchased PS2, and picked up a GC.

I think picking up the Xbox was one of the bets decisions I've made in regards to gaming. I use it far more than the other two, and anything multiplatform gets purchased on the xbox. I'm more comfortable with the controller now as well.

In the end it all comes down to the games though. PS2 has the fighters (although XB is catching up) and the Japanese Style RPGs. Xbox has the FPS, and IMO, plays sports games much better. I got the feeling that you're into sports games a bit. The Xbox will play those games with better graphics, and you can save many, many seasons thanks to the HD. If I misunderstood and you aren't into sports games, ignore that comment.

Well, to sum it up, I would go with the XBox.

Blah. It totally depends on if you have a good computer or not, because if you do, there's almost no reason to get an Xbox as all the good games are probably available on PC. I prefer the PS2 over my GC, so I'd definitely go with PS2. Xbox doesn't really interest me, but that's just me. But if you even like RPG's, you have to have a PS2.

_38702889_console_wars300.jpg

The empires will fall.

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Goodtone']I have and love both systems.....Read my first posting on page 2 of this thread

I just think that if you had to choose one, and money for memory cards is an issue, the XBOX wins out easily. You will save at least $50 alone on memory cards.

Analogy:
My opinion is that why would you buy a 2 year old car with older technology, when you could have the newest model up to date one with the more technilogically advanced engine?[/quote]

How many memory cards do you need? Do you keep every save?

If not, you're greatly exaggerating.[/quote]

I am begining to think that you do not even play games man, if 8MB is more than enought memory for you. You go on and on about the titles that PS2 has, with this many titles you will need to spend $50 on memory cards unless you delete your saves.[/quote]

I'm speaking from the perspective of observing my casual gaming friends - there's no way they'd go over a memory card and these people have no issue with deleting saves once they've moved on from the game (often because they'll ttrade them in, or trade them off).

-I- have three memory cards. One's specifically for PSX archiving, though.

Gamecube memory cards, however, are a different story. At least before the 1019.

hmm the gap is closing... interesting story though, my roommate decided to get an Xbox today for no particular reason, so I'd say the chances of me getting that PS2 are growing.

If you really want me to make things difficult, think about 8 player Halo 2 (or 16 with 2 more xboxes), or having 8 players on Halo 2 through XBL with 2 accounts. Your whole 8 person team on XBL could be in the same room.

bread's done
Back