Xbox XBLA Summer of Arcade 2012 games and promotion

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
Alright, I went back a few pages in the XBLA thread and that thread is a monster to find things. I think there's enough to the Summer of Arcade to warrant a separate thread.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/promotions/summer-of-arcade

5f3e5036-5e70-42b7-9df6-7e457a468245.JPG

Buy Three and Get a Bonus

Purchase any three of the five Summer of Arcade hits and you'll get 400 Microsoft Points as our way of saying thank you. The points will be automatically added to your account at the conclusion of the promotion.

* Purchase any 3 Summer of Arcade games: Tony Hawks’ Pro Skater HD, Deadlight, Wreckateer, Hybrid, and Dust: An Elysian Tale before August 21, 2012, 11:59pm EST, and 400 promotional Microsoft Point! Limit one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase any three of the five featured games from Xbox LIVE Arcade using your Xbox LIVE account, by August 21, 2012 11:59 EST.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Available July 18
1200 MS Points

Wreckateer
Available July 25th
800 MS Points

Deadlight
Available August 1st
1200 MS Points

Hybrid
Available August 8
1200 MS Points

Dust: An Elysian Tail
Available August 15
1200 MS Points

Please no one buy this THPS such a rip off for a butchered game. Then they have the balls to sell us the rest of the maps as DLC. We have to pay for DLC of maps that were finished 10 years ago..... what the fuck

"comment about yelling at OP for not adding this to the other thread" and "will amazon match this so everyone can use up their credit?!!"

[quote name='thenutman69321']Why don't people just use google. From what I found in 2010 if you bought all the games you received 1200 ms points and if you only bought 3 you received 400 points. In 2011 you bought all the games to receive a free copy of crimson alliance (1200 msp). 08 and 09 had the summer of arcade but no rewards as far as I can find.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be damned, I guess 800 MSP back for buying 'em all never actually happened. Shame on me for acting like I knew what the hell I was talking about. I KNEW 800 for 3 never happened though...

Not a very compelling deal, essentially a 11-12.5% discount for buying mutlple games. On other digital platforms this would hardly be thread worthy.

to anyone who says "don't buy tony hawk because the they are making us pay for DLC"...how else are we supposed to get this game?! has this tactic ever worked? we are all cheapasses so...just wait until the DLC goes on sale. and wait until the game goes on sale if 1200 points is too much. i have never baught an XBLA day one but i think i will for this. it's worth it to me. i paid way more when tony hawk 1 came out on playstation and it had less maps.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']There has been a lot of info for the game. Not all old skaters are returning. Some new skaters that no one care about (like I believe 1 of Tony's sons) will be in, a mix of levels from One and Two, no reverts or anything after, not all of the original songs (I don't think even half but I could be mistaken), new lame songs, no local multiplayer or splitscreen, the hidden tapes have been replaced with 'Hidden DVDs.'
The only things up in the air are whether things like Create-A-Park will be in. Probably not though.[/QUOTE]

I've read all that too, but they went about listing names (Bob Burnquist and Bucky Lasek) and I was just curious if they had a source on that information. Either way, I'm still buying it. The other changes make sense for both today's video game business and today's skate scene.

I dont like paying more than $10 to $15 for full retail releases, forget downloadable arcade titles.
Definitely waiting on sales, never been on board with Msoft getting overly comfortable with the 1200 price point.

[quote name='thenutman69321']THPS is such a great game it'll be a day one instabuy for me even though I think it's at least 400 points overpriced and they've already announced at least 1 dlc pack that I'm sure will be overpriced as well.[/QUOTE]

They've completely remade the graphics, and added online features. As long as they get everything right, it seems fair enough to me.

[quote name='henryVIII']I really wanted to pick up THPS, until I saw the price. And the fact that they've already confirmed that they'll release the rest of the maps as paid DLC later just makes my decision not to buy a lot easier.[/QUOTE]

Well so much for buying Tony Hawk HD.
Activison still is doing its best to kill & bury the franchise with all their power.

This sale is a joke.

Microsoft to get my points, I'd like 1/2 off any of the following:

Marvel Pinball Tables, either Avengers Chronicles or Vengeance and Virtue
Res. Evil Code Veronica HD
Res. Evil 4 HD
I Am Alive
Alan Wake American Nightmare

That is all. Now make it so babycakes.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Sometimes I wonder if people around here deliberately misinterpret others. You (person I'm quoting) are correct if we're talking about the current promotion, but someone earlier in the thread said something about an 800 point refund for buying 3 games "back in the day" - that never happened. It was get 800 back for buying every game in the promotion (four or five, probably five).[/QUOTE]
Thank you. That is exactly what I was referencing. I know what the current promotion is. It;s in the OP for chirssakes.

You know I wouldn't mind a summer sale that consisted of older titles. Just got into buying digital games for my 360.

Kind of wish Microsoft would continue the sale that had old games on demand for 75% off by adding more titles to the sale. I'd buy a bunch of old games on the cheap.

[quote name='tribalnoise']to anyone who says "don't buy tony hawk because the they are making us pay for DLC"...how else are we supposed to get this game?! has this tactic ever worked? we are all cheapasses so...just wait until the DLC goes on sale. and wait until the game goes on sale if 1200 points is too much. i have never baught an XBLA day one but i think i will for this. it's worth it to me. i paid way more when tony hawk 1 came out on playstation and it had less maps.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I plan to pick it up either day one as well as I'm pretty positive I'll get my $15 out of the game and likely the other $5 for the DLC. Hell, a lot of us have backlogs that cost us well over $20.

But bottom line, deals are subjective. I hate being asked by people if I thought I thought they got a good deal on something. If you like it at that price, buy it. If you fear buyer's remorse, then don't. For virtual stuff especially, it seems to have little impact on the prices or when it goes on sale or at what discount.

saw this at Joystiq for Tony Hawk:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/02/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-gets-thps-3-content-as-dlc-for-5/

On July 18, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD kicks off the Summer of Arcade on Xbox Live. Around 30-45 days after launch, a $5 DLC pack will be added, full of select content from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

Activision reps couldn't get into specifics on exactly what would be added, but we at least know Airport is one of the levels that made the cut, and that more pros will be included. If this all sounds familiar, it's because the Hawk himself pegged other games in the series as potential sources of DLC for Pro Skater HD.

[quote name='Pravado']Screw microsoft. They used to give us 800 points for buying 3 800 point games. Vote with your wallet people, don't give them money for overpriced games (ms makes the pricing on games, not the devs)[/QUOTE]

that's exactly what I am doing, voting with my wallet.
There are 3 games that I want at what I find to be more than reasonable pricing, so I will buy the games that I want (TH HD, Dust, Deadlight)

[quote name='advanced']Already linked in this thread (Look up about 6-7 posts).[/QUOTE]

haha. you guys are too fast! I guess if I want to keep up, I have to read hourly! :p

actually, I didn't notice the post because there was no text except for a link. I tend to not click on links with no description. sean, at least put some text! :)

I've been waiting so long for a Tony Hawk game that was like the original 3, that if they released THPSHD with all the levels from the first 3 games for 60.00 I'd buy it, so I'm ok with paying 1200 points for the game and buying the expansion packs later.

[quote name='destro4eva']
This sale is a joke.
Microsoft to get my points, I'd like 1/2 off any of the following:
Marvel Pinball Tables
Res. Evil Code Veronica HD
Res. Evil 4 HD
I Am Alive
Alan Wake American Nightmare
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
You know I wouldn't mind a summer sale that consisted of older titles.
Just got into buying digital games for my 360.
Kind of wish Microsoft would continue the sale that had old games on demand for 75% off by adding more titles to the sale.
I'd buy a bunch of old games on the cheap.
[/QUOTE]

This is not the XBLA sale thread.
This is a Summer of Arcade promotion thread.
It wasn't necessary, as there is already an ongoing XBLA thread,
that clearly lists the Summer of Arcade promotion,
and the thread title will be changed to Summer of Arcade promotion,
when the Summer of Arcade promotion begins,
but the OP desperately wanted to see his name in big shiny letters.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']You know I wouldn't mind a summer sale that consisted of older titles. Just got into buying digital games for my 360.

Kind of wish Microsoft would continue the sale that had old games on demand for 75% off by adding more titles to the sale. I'd buy a bunch of old games on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that was a great sale! I got in on Conan (an awesome game for $4!), Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, and Dark Void. Just because a game is old doesn't make it bad.

Sad you keep bumping your own thread.
There is a significant amount of discussion in the XBLA thread,
where you saw this video and then reposted it here.

[quote name='gordojones88']Sad you keep bumping your own thread.
where you saw this video and then reposted it here.[/QUOTE]

That post was really worth the time it took to type it, lol. Sad.

Back on topic... Anyone know the policy on redeeming codes with this promotion? I haven't spent any MS points, but I have redeemed two codes so far and I am planning on purchasing Dust next week.

Wonder if I will get the 400 bonus points?

[quote name='Cmosfm']I've been waiting so long for a Tony Hawk game that was like the original 3, that if they released THPSHD with all the levels from the first 3 games for 60.00 I'd buy it, so I'm ok with paying 1200 points for the game and buying the expansion packs later.[/QUOTE]

Save yourself some money and just buy THPS3 for Xbox 1. It's backward-compatible.

Heck, you could probably get every Xbox THPS game combined for $20 (they are all backward-compatible).

[quote name='gordojones88']Sad you keep bumping your own thread.
where you saw this video and then reposted it here.[/QUOTE]

Dust is not a XBLA deal of the week so I didn't read about it there. what's your problem anyway? you seem to have insecurity issues. really, get over it. I check out that thread to see what the XBLA deals of the week are and that's it. It's what that thread is supposed to be for. It's hundreds of pages long! Some of us don't have time to browse through it hourly like you. We shouldn't be having 1 thread be for every single XBLA thing. That doesn't make sense. Why not have 1 thread be all Xbox 360 stuff and be done with it then? That's the point of multiple threads.

If you don't want to participate in this thread, then don't. It's a very limited thread for a very limited purpose (the Summer of Arcade for 2012 only). It seems you're the one expending the energy to troll. It seems like you just need a place to hang out and are using that XBLA thread for community purposes which is really sad. This thread doesn't threaten the XBLA deal of the week thread in any way so get over it.

[quote name='sp8001']That post was really worth the time it took to type it, lol. Sad.

Back on topic... Anyone know the policy on redeeming codes with this promotion? I haven't spent any MS points, but I have redeemed two codes so far and I am planning on purchasing Dust next week.

Wonder if I will get the 400 bonus points?[/QUOTE]
Codes worked just fine with last years SoA sale, I'm sure it'll work this year also.

bread's done
Back