XBOX360 FAQ's: Live, Gaming, Hardware, Accessories, Gen. Discussions etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
To help remove some of the everyday clutter threads, I have compiled a list of the most commonly looked at and discussed links:If you have been directed to this thread, check the above links to see if your question fits best in one of the topics above, if not, please post your question here in this thread.

Any other questions, problems, suggestions not covered on the above topics, please feel free to discuss here. If you have any suggestions for additional topics to be added here, please let me know by posting a link here or PM me.

Thank you.

in the previous thread, someone had brought up best buy considering the falcon to be a new unit...you could always ship your system to best buy, and have them send you a gift card...call the 800 number on the service plan pamphlet...I did this over the summer, as I wanted to upgrade to the elite..in about a week and half I had my best buy gift card for the full value that i purchased the pro for at launch.

Has there been much talk about the Jasper systems this summer? I've been saving my pennies since I'm going to get one whenever they do come out. This summer would be great, but I haven't heard too much about them other than once in the OXM magazine about them going to get rid of the RROD for good.

Maybe costco with the lifetime warranty would be a good idea but they only have it online right now, so I will have to pay shipping on the elite. Free shipping on the pro.
I am wondering about the 20 gig vs 120 gig. My husband wants the xbox 360 to play GH3, GH2. We have the PS3 but he is unhappy with the way GH3 plays on it.
Can u have a big collection of games say more than 30 with the 20 gig harddrive, and use it for backward compatible xbox games? My husband likes to download GH3 songs.

How much do u have to pay to download movies on to the xbox?

[quote name='mickeyp']
How much do u have to pay to download movies on to the xbox?
Online[/quote]

Older movies cost 240 points. New titles cost 320 for standard and 480 for hi-def.

you can get by with a 20 gb hd if you manage your DLC...ie movies, you would need to delete after you watch them...if you DL a demo and you play it for awhile, and never go back to it then make sure you delete it...I would wait a couple more weeks to see if they do have a system with a bigger hard drive, because if they do then the 120 gb elite system will most likely drop in price.

I will be getting my 360 in the next couple of weeks and I am very excited I will be finally able to go on Xbox Live, I just need a really good gamertag. Nothing too serious just something fun to say and well just a gamertag that will make people say " I can't believe I was just killed by a guy with the gamertag (My Gamertag)" Thanks Alot.

I always suggest XxxSmokinMadBluntz420xxX or XxxKillahBro69xxX. Can't go wrong with a generic reference to either of those two things. :roll:

Random generators are always fun ;)

I (personally) would avoid weird spelling... it's just too hard for people to remember, and it looks kinda silly. I think the best gamertags are obscure and weird references to stuff - games or otherwise.

Just have a lot of ideas ready. I think I tried 15-20 different things, which were all taken, before I settled on Lasagna Fairy. That included some weird stuff where I was thinking, "Ok, there's no way anyone will have this o.... you have GOT to be kidding me!" :p

xxXCamperHunterXxx

Last night I got killed by this punk in multiple maps (COD4 Free-For-All) who just sits at the top of the steps and shoots people as they come up. Now, normally I could care less about campers, because if they are sniping its a different story, but SN1PER MARK was racking up like 3 kills and 1 death (me getting revenge) per game with a MP5 at the top of the steps. Now that is annoying.

Hi all. I was in a local store and saw a used wireless headset for 12.00. Deal, I thought! Except that it was marked not having the charger-- which was still a decent deal. Is there any place I can go for a cheap charger? There's one on Ebay-- but for 15 shipped.
I also recall a page where you could make your own USB charger for the headset. Anyone know about that?

Remember to always add X's somewhere in the name so you can be cool. The more you add the cooler you are.

Good idea is to take a name from something you enjoy ect... Or some wacky name that makes no sense. Good for starting conversation on xbox live

[quote name='Blood Covenent']make it something like, AnEnergyDrink

so..."You were killed by
An Energy Drink"[/quote]

One of my friends name use to be "a 40oz Monster"

[quote name='slickkill77']Do not put xxx or XxX those dont make you cool[/quote]

i agree, pick a name that is actually spelled correctly, they look cooler, and make more sense.

(unlike mine)

[quote name='Blood Covenent']make it something like, AnEnergyDrink

so..."You were killed by
An Energy Drink"[/quote]

Ingenious, and seconded. :applause:

I'm considering buying a used 360 from someone on campus and was a bit curious how the 3 year RRoD warranty worked.
  • If the system has ever been opened I assume the warranty is void; is there an easy to find seal that'll tip me off?
  • Also, I assume the system isn't going to come with a receipt, so is the three year warranty from the mfr date, or does it start from the official release date and run until this November?
  • Finally, if I'm planning on using my monitor to play games, what all am I going to need? It sounds like a VGA cable along with an optical cable/RCA stereo to plug into my sound card is my best bet, since my video card only has DVI and VGA inputs. My sound card is an Audigy 2 ZS so I'm fairly sure I'd have to suck it up and go with stereo, if anyone has insight that'd be great.

Cool idea Linkin - it makes more sense to keep it in one place.

Plus I hate how there are 50 threads per day started about what games they should get/what should I name my Gamertag/how come my Xbox is made out of rice noodles.

[quote name='Genocidal']I'm considering buying a used 360 from someone on campus and was a bit curious how the 3 year RRoD warranty worked.
  • If the system has ever been opened I assume the warranty is void; is there an easy to find seal that'll tip me off?
  • Also, I assume the system isn't going to come with a receipt, so is the three year warranty from the mfr date, or does it start from the official release date and run until this November?
  • Finally, if I'm planning on using my monitor to play games, what all am I going to need? It sounds like a VGA cable along with an optical cable/RCA stereo to plug into my sound card is my best bet, since my video card only has DVI and VGA inputs. My sound card is an Audigy 2 ZS so I'm fairly sure I'd have to suck it up and go with stereo, if anyone has insight that'd be great.
[/quote]

1. Yeah, take off the faceplate. You'll see a Microsoft sticker.
2. Manufacture date.
3. At the very least you'll need the VGA cable. It's what I do, but I hook the optical cable into my receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back