XBOX360 General Questions - Setups/Hrdwr/Accessories/XBOX Live...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zengonzo']So I had to do a warranty repair, and when the refurbished box came back it was louder than ever. I was upset to get a refurbished unit, but they assured me it would perform the same as my original.

Before it had just been the dvd drive, but now the fans are loud all of the time.

I'd sort of grudgingly accepted it, but now with GTA coming up it is one of the major deciding factors with regards to the system for which I'll purchase it.

It's been a few months since I'd received the refurbished - anyone know how they would handle a situation like this? Or would I have to induce another RRoD to get a replacement?[/quote]
you know what you should try to do. geting a used or new arcade put your hard drive on that might do it. trust me i bought an elite at christmas and last month the ethernet port blew is this some thing that usualy hppens or just a coincedence?

[quote name='sp00ge']That would be the intercooler that kills 360s.[/QUOTE]

Is that why i had to get 3 different 360's in the past year?! WTF?!?!?! Why didn't i hear of this?

[quote name='tigerthecat']hey if i send my 360 elite in for repare will i get an elite back i ask this becase a few cag casts ago i heard about the guy who sent his special 360 in and dident get the same one back[/quote]

You would get an Elite back.

And I think he got the same system back...but they had "cleaned" off the signatures from the case. (IIRC.)

I am a little confused about which xbox 360 to buy. We need HDMI, and a hard drive. Should I get an xbox 360 elite now or wait till august or whenever they are coming out with the JAsper ones?

Is this true--Microsoft has 3 yr warranty for RROD and 1 year for other problems? I would not need the replacement plan at the store then.

MY brother in law had to bring his Xbox 360 to best buy to replace they gave him a new one and told him that he now has to buy a new replacement plan because it is a different model and his mom is mad because she paid for a 2 year replacement plan, and should still have a year left.

[quote name='mickeyp']I am a little confused about which xbox 360 to buy. We need HDMI, and a hard drive. Should I get an xbox 360 elite now or wait till august or whenever they are coming out with the JAsper ones?

Is this true--Microsoft has 3 yr warranty for RROD and 1 year for other problems? I would not need the replacement plan at the store then.

MY brother in law had to bring his Xbox 360 to best buy to replace they gave him a new one and told him that he now has to buy a new replacement plan because it is a different model and his mom is mad because she paid for a 2 year replacement plan, and should still have a year left.[/quote]

I can tell you that most of those plans are rip-offs and will try to screw you out of your product anyway they can.

[quote name='sp00ge']That would be the intercooler that kills 360s.[/QUOTE]
AFAIK, it's the Intercooler that draws power from the power supply that does that. The USB-powered version should be okay.

[quote name='mickeyp']I am a little confused about which xbox 360 to buy. We need HDMI, and a hard drive. Should I get an xbox 360 elite now or wait till august or whenever they are coming out with the JAsper ones?

MY brother in law had to bring his Xbox 360 to best buy to replace they gave him a new one and told him that he now has to buy a new replacement plan because it is a different model and his mom is mad because she paid for a 2 year replacement plan, and should still have a year left.[/QUOTE]
Both Zephyr and Falcon models have HDMI. You should be okay in that regard. The warranty is as you've stated.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Was the FAQ never replaced? We just got a 360, and I know jack about the system :\[/QUOTE]
It's a bit outdated because of the dashboard updates, but there's a lot of info from the old FAQ in the CAGwiki still.

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/Xbox_360

There's also the old FAQ thread you could search through for answers.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97674

Or you could just ask your questions here.

Ok long version and sort version of the same question.

Long version - My Xbox Live expired this past Sunday. I have 2 credit cards on file, the primary is expired and no longer valid, the second which I only used to buy points is current. i got an email Sunday morning saying my live had been extended another year and my card charged. About an hour later I got another email saying the card and expired and to fix this situation before I have a disruption of service. I called Microsoft on Monday asking when my card would be charged. The girl said the money would be taken off my card Monday night. She never said anything bout the card being expired. Well here it is Friday and I still have the money in the bank and still have Gold. Questions are this, when will they take the money out to pay for Live and can they bypass the expired primary card to get to the current card if I never told them to do it?

Short Question - How long does it take for Microsoft to take money out of my bank account to pay for Live?

Does anyone know if there's a way to delete games off your game list? I don't like having Arcade demos and classic Xbox games on there. I deleted their data off my 360 and they still remain... any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='Rozz']Does anyone know if there's a way to delete games off your game list? I don't like having Arcade demos and classic Xbox games on there. I deleted their data off my 360 and they still remain... any help would be appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You mean delete the play history from your Gamer Tag? I don't think there is a way to delete them once you already played the demo, unless somebody else knows how.

But....if you don't want played demos to show up on your Gamer Tag Achievement and played games list: After you downloaded the demo from Live, log off with your Gamer Tag, and then log on with another Gamer Tag you made just to play demos that isn't connected to live. Any Gamer Tag on your system can play the demos too. That way all your demos will show as just having been played by that second Gamer Tag and not your primary one.

Has anyone come across a green box "Go Play!" Falcon in stores yet? Every store I go to now only has Falcon "Go Pro" and "Go Big" systems, and yet all "Go Play" systems are Zephyrs. Just wondering if they were produced at all since I just wanted to get a bare minimal system to fit with my own hard drive.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Has anyone come across a green box "Go Play!" Falcon in stores yet? Every store I go to now only has Falcon "Go Pro" and "Go Big" systems, and yet all "Go Play" systems are Zephyrs. Just wondering if they were produced at all since I just wanted to get a bare minimal system to fit with my own hard drive.[/quote]

By 'green', do you mean the Arcade?

If so, those are ALL Falcons, no matter what it says on the box (i.e. it says 203w, but the power brick inside IS 175w.)

Hope that was actually your question. If not, ignore me. :lol:

[quote name='GunstarRed']You mean delete the play history from your Gamer Tag? I don't think there is a way to delete them once you already played the demo, unless somebody else knows how.

But....if you don't want played demos to show up on your Gamer Tag Achievement and played games list: After you downloaded the demo from Live, log off with your Gamer Tag, and then log on with another Gamer Tag you made just to play demos that isn't connected to live. Any Gamer Tag on your system can play the demos too. That way all your demos will show as just having been played by that second Gamer Tag and not your primary one.[/quote]

Thanks for the idea :D Next time I play a demo or original Xbox game I'll use the second name.

It's just annoying how the original Xbox games keep moving up to the top of my list, even when I don't play them.

I'm having problems with both of my controllers not syncing to my system, has anyone experienced this before?

I took about a 2 week break from my 360 when my headset crapped out, I go back and neither controller works, WTH?

Before I get any flack, I've already tried:
Move the controller closer to the console.
Make sure the batteries are fresh.
Keep the console and controller at least three feet away from large metal objects, such as file cabinets, mirrors, and refrigerators.
Metallic decorations or stickers on the console or controller can interfere with wireless controller performance. Remove decorations and try connecting again.
Make sure the front of the console is positioned in the direction of the controller.
Cordless phones (2.4 GHz), wireless LANs, wireless video transmitters, microwave ovens, some mobile/cell phones, and Bluetooth headsets can interfere with the operation of the controller. Turn these off or unplug them and retry connecting.
If nothing else works, turn off your console, remove and reinsert the AA battery pack into the controller, and the repeat the steps given in Connect Your Controller.
http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360/accessories/wirelesscontroller.htm

[quote name='007']By 'green', do you mean the Arcade?

If so, those are ALL Falcons, no matter what it says on the box (i.e. it says 203w, but the power brick inside IS 175w.)

Hope that was actually your question. If not, ignore me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I meant the one with the Arcade disc and no hard drive. Every box I see shows 203w and I'm still not used to figuring out how to quickly see if it's a Falcon or not by looking at the system through the peep hole. All the white and black boxes clearly show the 175w at every store I see them, just not the green box.

So ALL as in every one ever made in the Arcade green box is a Falcon with a 175w brick inside? I didn't know that. Might have to look further into this. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Yes, I meant the one with the Arcade disc and no hard drive. Every box I see shows 203w and I'm still not used to figuring out how to quickly see if it's a Falcon or not by looking at the system through the peep hole. All the white and black boxes clearly show the 175w at every store I see them, just not the green box.

So ALL as in every one ever made in the Arcade green box is a Falcon with a 175w brick inside? I didn't know that. Might have to look further into this. Thanks for the help.[/quote]

Like I said, as far as I know, they're all Falcons. I picked one up in December that said 203w, and a manufacture date of late Oct... it's definitely a Falcon.

I downloaded 3 Tomb Raider: Legend themes a while ago on my first 360 that later red ringed, I got a new 360 back after I sent it in and of course I couldn't use any of the content I bought on the previous 360 offline. I deleted the themes and decided to download them again on the new 360 so I could use them while I wasn't connected to the internet but the themes are no longer listed in marketplace and are gone from my "download history". What do I do now?

[quote name='tnigs08']Am i the only one whos xbox360 disk drives opens at random times?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's not good. Possible radio (infra red) interference.

anyone ever get a corrupt game save data? Is there anyway to get that info back, I was at the end of game, and I will not go thru it again.

[quote name='ryanbph']anyone ever get a corrupt game save data? Is there anyway to get that info back, I was at the end of game, and I will not go thru it again.[/QUOTE]

I recently popped in Smackdown vs Raw 07, and it prompted for an update. I accepted, and then it said my save file was corrupted "Create new save file?" oh hells no.

I reset the system, and the "corrupted" save file loaded just fine.

I dunno, maybe try reloading?

Best in store Xbox 360 extended warranty: Best Buy, Walmart or Circuit City?

When the Xbox breaks, I want to be able to go to the store and swap it for another immediately. I don't want them to send it out for repair.

Thanks for input.

[quote name='Haggar']I recently popped in Smackdown vs Raw 07, and it prompted for an update. I accepted, and then it said my save file was corrupted "Create new save file?" oh hells no.

I reset the system, and the "corrupted" save file loaded just fine.

I dunno, maybe try reloading?[/quote]

I updated Test Drive Unlimited once and then when I loaded the game it was a whole new data... All those hours of play time, gone...

Someone on here said that when Microsoft makes new 360 models Best Buy says it's a whole new product, so you might want to beware (i.e. they count Falcon systems as a "new product"). I can't confirm this, but that's what a CAG said.

Maybe costco with the lifetime warranty would be a good idea but they only have it online right now, so I will have to pay shipping on the elite. Free shipping on the pro.
I am wondering about the 20 gig vs 120 gig. My husband wants the xbox 360 to play GH3, GH2. We have the PS3 but he is unhappy with the way GH3 plays on it.
Can u have a big collection of games say more than 30 with the 20 gig harddrive, and use it for backward compatible xbox games? My husband likes to download GH3 songs.

How much do u have to pay to download movies on to the xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back