XBOX360 Price Drops for all versions - $449/$349/$279 - Premiums Now Sporting HDMI

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Official Press Release:

...Family of Consoles
Xbox 360 will enhance the value of its entire family of consoles beginning on August 8. At a new price of $349.99, Xbox 360 offers an unsurpassed experience right out of the box with a 20 GB hard drive, Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 Headset, and more.

If you're looking for the ultimate value and the freedom to customize your console as you see fit, Xbox 360 Core System now has an estimated retail price of $279.99. Xbox 360 Core System provides everything you need to hit the ground running, while giving you the ability to expand with new features and accessories you want.

Dressed in black and equipped with a 120GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Elite will be priced at $449.99 if you want the premium games and entertainment experience.

In anticipation of this year's largest blockbuster game launch, the Xbox 360 Halo 3 Special Edition Console will hit store shelves in September with a price of $399.99. Featuring an authentic Spartan green-and-gold finish, this console includes a matching Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, 20GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Headset, 360 Play & Charge Kit, and more.
Full Press Release: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0806-consoleprice.htm
LinkinPrime Edit

Circuit City confirms price drop on all 3 versions:

ccproof.jpg

Elite - $449.99
Premium - $349.99
Core - $279.99
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/31/circuit-city-ad-confirms-360-price-drop-on-all-models/

Wal Mart ad
rollbackyo2.jpg

CheapyD Edit: It appears this image originated from Sith Ninja at Modojo

Not "huge" but $50 is $50.

Thanks to Ugamer X for the picture:

Toys R Us Ad

via ugamer and zoo

[quote name='killer9']sure but atleast i wont have to buy batteries or that play and charge kit that is way over priced[/QUOTE]

How is the PNC overpriced? Everyone says this, but I have yet to hear a good explanation.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']How is the PNC overpriced? Everyone says this, but I have yet to hear a good explanation.[/QUOTE]

For me it just costs too much over just using rechargable nihm batteries (especially since I already have a bunch laying around for game controllers, digital camera's etc.).

[quote name='dmaul1114']For me it just costs too much over just using rechargable nihm batteries (especially since I already have a bunch laying around for game controllers, digital camera's etc.).[/QUOTE]

The way I look at it, the 360 battery packs can't be used for anything else, which makes the chances my rechargeables getting nicked to use in the remote or kids toys zero. My PNC cable also allows me to play on my PC, should I ever be assed to do that. I keep it hooked in the back of my 360, so I can sit my extra controller in the dock hooked up for whenever my primary controller goes down.

Really wanting to buy an Elite model now...was thinking about trading in stuff at Game Crazy but I'd still have to pay tax which would make it really stupid. I might just order on Amazon if I don't find a better deal.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The way I look at it, the 360 battery packs can't be used for anything else, which makes the chances my rechargeables getting nicked to use in the remote or kids toys zero. My PNC cable also allows me to play on my PC, should I ever be assed to do that. I keep it hooked in the back of my 360, so I can sit my extra controller in the dock hooked up for whenever my primary controller goes down.[/QUOTE]

I'm the only one using my batteries, and I hate PC gaming so no issues for me. And I have a ton of rechargeables around.

Just more efficient for me, and more convenient as I can just grab a charged set when the batteries die rather than having to plug in or have a 2nd controller charged (likely won't buy a 2nd wireless when I finally pick up a 360 as I don't do multiplayer at my place often).

I dont know if this has been posted yet, but here:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/08/xbox-360-premium-confirmed-shipping-with-hdmi/

it says the new falcon chip models with hdmi are already in stores, for 340 bucks (premium), some people have purchased them.

:)

Can someone please tell me what are we supposed to do with our cruddy 360's? They have 100% hardware failure, and the warranty only fixes it for a bit; they need to replace parts to make it a permanent fix, so I think the warranty is lame for those of us that want to KEEP the console in working order 3 years from now.

Can someone tell me the best place to sell it, and how much to expect?

[quote name='McNutsack']

Can someone please tell me what are we supposed to do with our cruddy 360's? They have 100% hardware failure, and the warranty only fixes it for a bit; they need to replace parts to make it a permanent fix, so I think the warranty is lame for those of us that want to KEEP the console in working order 3 years from now.

Can someone tell me the best place to sell it, and how much to expect?[/QUOTE]

ebay? craig's list? don't wait, it's only going to get less valuable as more people find out about the new one.

[quote name='McNutsack']I dont know if this has been posted yet, but here:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/08/xbox-360-premium-confirmed-shipping-with-hdmi/

it says the new falcon chip models with hdmi are already in stores, for 340 bucks (premium), some people have purchased them.

:)

Can someone tell me the best place to sell it, and how much to expect?[/quote]
I was about to post that...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147943

I haven't gone thru this thread in a couple days, but I know I had seen some seperate threads that had gone up...If you had purchased a 360 model in the past 30 days from a major retailer, they should price match it for you. I just got off the phone with best buy, and I just need to bring my receipt in to get the difference credited to my credit card.:applause:

hey have 100% hardware failure, and the warranty only fixes it for a bit; they need to replace parts to make it a permanent fix

That 100% number is not true. I know a few people (including my brother) who have launch night systems. Just got mine back for a second time yesterday. As for fixing it for a bit. Seems they are adding cooling fans , and maybe other stuff to the systems they are repairing according to reports. I know the fan was added to mine

[quote name='CaptDS9E']That 100% number is not true. I know a few people (including my brother) who have launch night systems.[/quote]

It is true, kind of. There's a known problem, and it *will* affect older 360s. Eventually.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']That 100% number is not true. I know a few people (including my brother) who have launch night systems. Just got mine back for a second time yesterday. As for fixing it for a bit. Seems they are adding cooling fans , and maybe other stuff to the systems they are repairing according to reports. I know the fan was added to mine[/quote]

Microsofts own words, dude. 100% chance of failure.
They are all built the same, man. They weren't built properly, and at some point will die.
Just because "her" console broke on Febuary 4th, doesnt mean everyones console is going to break on Febuary 4th.

The problem is inside the system, it is unavoidable,, can't fix it with a cheap heatsink and some glue like they're doing with our warrantys. The parts(chips) were admitted to be made cheap, and untested, because they wanted to rush the console for xmas, a whole year ahead of competition.
The people that manufactured them in some part of Asia said Microsoft demanded an incredibly cheap chip and parts that weren't even tested for compatibility, and that the manufacturers already knew the chips weren't perfect.

After thinking this over a bit more, I realized some times they replace your console with another refurbished console(maybe a new one?); could they possibly switch ours with a new model eventually? Hm, I'm praying so. $350 is cheap, but not when you already spent $400 :|

sigh. getting stressed here.

[quote name='McNutsack']
Can someone tell me the best place to sell it, and how much to expect?[/quote] estarland will give you $270 in credit, not to shabby but if you want a new HDMI one you cant check until its been shipped.

Microsofts own words, dude. 100% chance of failure.

Microsoft never said 100% failure . Where did you get that number from?. No denying a large number of failures as I know plenty of people including myself who have had it (even myself a second time recently), but not once in a press release or did any exec from Microsoft ever say 100% failure rate.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']Microsoft never said 100% failure . Where did you get that number from?. No denying a large number of failures as I know plenty of people including myself who have had it (even myself a second time recently), but not once in a press release or did any exec from Microsoft ever say 100% failure rate.[/quote]

They sent out that announcement when the warranty was revealed, dude.
Why do you think the warranty was made? lol.

Maybe my wording is confusing you.
The console will break.
Might be in 15 years, might be in a month.

The jist of it is they said their parts were not tested, not reliable, and not compatible. It was rushed.

You've heard of the other statistics, right?
Like how people said there's a "33% hardware failure rate"?
That means 33% of the people that own the 360 have had it break down.
Now, since all systems are identical, the other 67% of the users will have theirs break down. That's what the 100% failure means.

If yours hasnt broke...cool. it doesnt happen on the night of a full moon; everyones is different.

I don't want to make an uprising in here.
I love the system and I just want a future-proof one, ya know?
I just want to know our options,
so far selling it asap seems best :|

wow i have been reading this forum forever and its just teasing me because i want to buy a 360 but i ahve one problem........I need to sell my older junk i.ve been posting it on craigslist for a couple weekes now GAWD!!

Anywho wut exactly is the whole deal about falcon chips, HDMI, and inteercoolers?

[quote name='nharmon91']estarland will give you $270 in credit, not to shabby but if you want a new HDMI one you cant check until its been shipped.[/quote]

I just checked this out. fantastic work.
So the instant credit, it gets applied to my estarland account name or something?
I'd have to buy the new console from them , mehh.
seem trustworthy.

Does that instant credit last until we use it?
Cuz I'm confused on the last part of your statement, about not being able to check. i wanted to sell it like tonight and then use the credit when they get the new models

[quote name='McNutsack']I just checked this out. fantastic work.
So the instant credit, it gets applied to my estarland account name or something?
I'd have to buy the new console from them , mehh.
seem trustworthy.

Does that instant credit last until we use it?
Cuz I'm confused on the last part of your statement, about not being able to check. i wanted to sell it like tonight and then use the credit when they get the new models[/quote] Im saying you wont know if its a HDMI premium until you open it at your doorstep, in a store you could just look at the 360 box because it says HDMI on it if it has it and it doesnt if not.

[quote name='McNutsack']They sent out that announcement when the warranty was revealed, dude.
Why do you think the warranty was made? lol.

Maybe my wording is confusing you.
The console will break.
Might be in 15 years, might be in a month.

The jist of it is they said their parts were not tested, not reliable, and not compatible. It was rushed.

You've heard of the other statistics, right?
Like how people said there's a "33% hardware failure rate"?
That means 33% of the people that own the 360 have had it break down.
Now, since all systems are identical, the other 67% of the users will have theirs break down. That's what the 100% failure means.

If yours hasnt broke...cool. it doesnt happen on the night of a full moon; everyones is different.

I don't want to make an uprising in here.
I love the system and I just want a future-proof one, ya know?
I just want to know our options,
so far selling it asap seems best :|[/QUOTE]

Nah man, you got it wrong. a 10% breakdown failure means that 1-00% break in the firts year. Generally for electronics it's 3-5%. But it was estimated from unofficial retailer reports that people returned a third of their 360's within the first year.

I mena,m following your logic, everythign has a 100% breakdown rate. Which is true because nothing lasts forever. But you aren't including a limited timeframe. So it's not practical for failur erate analysis.

Is there any marking on the box that tels you manufacturer sdate or something to help determine if it comes with HDMI./ Is it true the new box has markings saying it comes with an HDMI port?

No, their own announcement states they were sorry, but it wont last long. The problem is unstoppable, and the time span it can occur in is short, in as little as a month it dies for some people.

I don't need perfect logic conveyed on this forum, my logic is the fact they made a new model, which is because the older ones dont work, and wont work long. btw my atari has been in a box in the garage for decades, works like a charm. will it always? maybe, maybe not. you're trying to get way too literal, the fact of the matter is Microsofts time span for failure is at an "unforgiveable" (word they used) rate, withing a month to a year. I'm not saying it will last you 2 or more, it wont.

I'll find the article.
I really don't see why I have to dedicate an hour of my time to show an actual source, when you could easily keep tabs on this by visiting gamefaqs.
I wouldnt lie, I gain nothing from this.

nharmon, thanks for the tip. I think I'll sell it tonight, wait two months, and then purchase it, and ask them beforehand to send one with hdmi.

So I hear that some Xbox 360's are coming with a copy of Topspin. Does anyone know if these are packaged with the system? Also, is this a retailer-specific thing?

Basically, I'm hoping it will be possible to get a 360 at Circuit City with Topspin AND Table Tennis :)

Does anybody know if Gamestop still has the orginal xbox trade-up thingy where you trade in you xbox towards a 360 and get like 100 for it?

[quote name='Kayma']So I hear that some Xbox 360's are coming with a copy of Topspin. Does anyone know if these are packaged with the system? Also, is this a retailer-specific thing?

Basically, I'm hoping it will be possible to get a 360 at Circuit City with Topspin AND Table Tennis :)[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I think someone mistook Table Tennis for Top Spin and thought you got both at Circuit City. I think it's just Table Tennis.

HERE IT IS, PALZ.

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60#jc_allComments

This article explains that all 360's will break. it's called a DEFECT.
And the systems should've been RECALLED but instead have a warranty.
If you buy a new car that has eff'd up cv joints, not every ones car will get messed up right away, but it doesnt change the fact that it is a DEFECT and it is inevitable; you're going to crash and burn, just a matter of when.

Not a legit source, you say? Well then click the link inside my link and listen to microsoft vocally admit it.

I can't belive every one was getting on my case. I have no reason to make stuff up, I have nothing to gain, why would I have made it up? I own all consoles and I love my 360, that's why im concerned.

I want 30 minutes of my life back for having to search for this article. unbelievable.

As far as the average buyer is concerned, there are only 2 versions of the Xbox 360. One without HDMI and one with HDMI.

[quote name='rickonker']As far as the average buyer is concerned, there are only 2 versions of the Xbox 360. One without HDMI and one with HDMI.[/QUOTE]

No.

As far as the average buyer goes there are two versions: expensive and more expensive.

[quote name='DX']No.

As far as the average buyer goes there are two versions: expensive and more expensive.[/QUOTE]
If you're going to look at it that way, there will be 4 versions.

[quote name='McNutsack']HERE IT IS, PALZ.

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60#jc_allComments

This article explains that all 360's will break. it's called a DEFECT.
And the systems should've been RECALLED but instead have a warranty.
If you buy a new car that has eff'd up cv joints, not every ones car will get messed up right away, but it doesnt change the fact that it is a DEFECT and it is inevitable; you're going to crash and burn, just a matter of when.[/quote]
I don't know why I'm getting involved in this, but you're wrong, the possibility of failure does not mean the inevitability of failure. The early 360s have a defect that may lead to failure. There is no guarantee that it will.

Does anyone know how to transfer data from one Xbox 360 to another? Say someone buys a new Elite and wants to transfer their Premium stuff onto there and sell the Premium one, how would they do that?

[quote name='MetalGator']Does anyone think Amazon will indicate premiums with HDMI?[/quote] same here.. waiting to confirm before purchasing.

damn if i knew that the premium would have HDMI , i wouldnt have gotten an elite for $130 more. Just the price drop i wouldnt have minded...

I'm currently weighing whether I should try and pick up the new one fro CC with the table tennis game or take my chance for a new one from Amazon and pay $20 less.

Any idea what trade-in Gamestop/EB is giving on a 360 these days? I have one that's barely used (and still works) and I'm thinking I could trade it in on an Elite.

[quote name='Filbert']I'm currently weighing whether I should try and pick up the new one fro CC with the table tennis game or take my chance for a new one from Amazon and pay $20 less.[/quote]

I think someone stated that the pack-in of Table Tennis is old stock they're trying to move, not the new HDMI systems.

Oh boy. Well does anyone know of a way to tell whether you can get one of the HDMI consoles online?

[quote name='jaso']I think someone stated that the pack-in of Table Tennis is old stock they're trying to move, not the new HDMI systems.[/quote]

I think this is correct. If you look at this image of the box posted by a guy who lucked out and got an HDMI enabled premium, the illustration clearly shows the HDMI port...

http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gallery=8063&id=103385

So, you're only hope is with a new box. Considering his manufacturing date is July 07, if the Table Tennis bundled existed before this, you prolly won't get HDMI...

Anyone know what trade in values for the 360s are at Game Crazy?

[quote name='walletandgromice']I think this is correct. If you look at this image of the box posted by a guy who lucked out and got an HDMI enabled premium, the illustration clearly shows the HDMI port...

http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gallery=8063&id=103385

So, you're only hope is with a new box. Considering his manufacturing date is July 07, if the Table Tennis bundled existed before this, you prolly won't get HDMI...

Anyone know what trade in values for the 360s are at Game Crazy?[/quote]

That image is of the instruction manual. I think someone somewhere (I know, real helpful) stated that there would be a sticker on 360s with HDMI. On the box itself. So that should be an indicator, but I'm awaiting documented proof. You would think that if HDMI-equipped premiums really had reached the market, we'd have seen more pictures from others. I've heard someone on another forum say that Best Buy has the release date of the new SKU (HDMI-enabled) as 9/1. So if you find one before then, I'd say consider yourself lucky.

For me, a $19.99 game isn't worth the peace of mind I'd take from owning a new 360. That being said, I'll be calling local retailers over my lunch break, and I'll keep this thread posted.

bread's done
Back