Xenoblade Chronicles in stock at GS

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I guess it's time to stop waiting around for a deal and just pick up a copy to play.[/QUOTE]

I did that when GS was low on stock. It's a little bit too good. I immerse myself in it and don't emerge for hours. I give myself excuses not to play so I don't die of DVT.

I'm going to nab it. I just got Last Story yesterday and nice to see this for under $70/80. fuck my backlog life, so many gaaaammess! *Plays P4 Golden and Radiant Historia while it ships* XD

[quote name='GamingKnight']I'm going to nab it. I just got Last Story yesterday and nice to see this for under $70/80. fuck my backlog life, so many gaaaammess! *Plays P4 Golden and Radiant Historia while it ships* XD[/QUOTE]

First world problems :bouncy: so fortunate we are.

My friend ordered two and one came gutted with a sticker that said 'nuevo' on it. Buyer beware.

They just don't want to lose money by selling it used. They are so cheap.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']My friend ordered two and one came gutted with a sticker that said 'nuevo' on it. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

Part of me figured this is why they got them back in stock... they probably had the stores ship back gutted copies.

I received a new copy via UPS today. meaning unopened, not "nuevo..."

before you rant at me MSRP! MSRP! rabble rabble... i at least used a 10$ off coupon from a Cyber Monday order screw up and got them to up me to overnight shipping on both orders.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']My friend ordered two and one came gutted with a sticker that said 'nuevo' on it. Buyer beware[/QUOTE]
This can't be legal

Would they even take a return on that considering it's not shrink-wrapped?

[quote name='thehoweller']This thread brought to you by OpRainfall. You're all fucking welcome, no more questions![/QUOTE]

Even if I did have any more questions the answer will be constantly changing.

[quote name='excellen']This can't be legal

Would they even take a return on that considering it's not shrink-wrapped?[/QUOTE]

HAHHAHA.. oh man.. i guess you've never bought from GS before have you? They regularly open games, slap stickers all over them, take the games home and play them, then sell them to you as brand new at full price.. usually putting a sticker of their own on the side and saying if you remove that one its not new anymore

I dont get how they get away with that shit. I just went to the only one in my area that showed stock of P4 arena hoping to get a first run copy, and all 3 copies they had were gutted... ALL 3! I was complaining at my local one and they just shook their heads. They had recently been forceed to gut 6 copies of Hitman for their displays.. friggin 6! I swear, they have retarded monkeys working at the corporate policy levels.

Anyway, as for me. I found one at my local store still sealed but it was a bit rough looking and had a big sticker on the spine that would be hard to remove. So i tried ordering online through them and had them hold that one. If my online one comes in gutted or messed up i'll go grab that one.

[quote name='Kenshindono']HAHHAHA.. oh man.. i guess you've never bought from GS before have you? They regularly open games, slap stickers all over them, take the games home and play them, then sell them to you as brand new at full price.. usually putting a sticker of their own on the side and saying if you remove that one its not new anymore

I dont get how they get away with that shit. I just went to the only one in my area that showed stock of P4 arena hoping to get a first run copy, and all 3 copies they had were gutted... ALL 3! I was complaining at my local one and they just shook their heads. They had recently been forceed to gut 6 copies of Hitman for their displays.. friggin 6! I swear, they have retarded monkeys working at the corporate policy levels.

Anyway, as for me. I found one at my local store still sealed but it was a bit rough looking and had a big sticker on the spine that would be hard to remove. So i tried ordering online through them and had them hold that one. If my online one comes in gutted or messed up i'll go grab that one.[/QUOTE]

I got a gutted copy maybe a month ago. The box had a giant $49.99 sticker stuck on it which annoyed me so I told them I wanted another box. He opened a different Wii game, switched out the contents and cover art and gave me that one...

I went to go pick up a copy of MGS HD LE and that was gutted. The box was just put in display with the other games. I picked it up even though I hated that but it was the only copy that wasn't 50 miles away from me and I got it for 30.

Besides that I'm considering picking this up even though it's not a deal. RPG's are worth the full price imo.
Also does anyone know if The Last Story copies always come with the artbook?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Super-M...362&pid=100012&prg=1014&rk=4&sd=271112874657&

Also had to share this listing I found when someone posted a ebay link earlier but this guy posted New Super Marios Wii U as sold out everywhere HA!

[quote name='diazt350']
Also does anyone know if The Last Story copies always come with the artbook?[/QUOTE]

The second print ones that are $30 MSRP now do not come with the artbook.

[quote name='Jon7']The second print ones that are $30 MSRP now do not come with the artbook.[/QUOTE]

My $8 Last Story from amazon came w/ an artbook. Now if only I had a Wii...

[quote name='Kenshindono']HAHHAHA.. oh man.. i guess you've never bought from GS before have you? They regularly open games, slap stickers all over them, take the games home and play them, then sell them to you as brand new at full price.. usually putting a sticker of their own on the side and saying if you remove that one its not new anymore

Anyway, as for me. I found one at my local store still sealed but it was a bit rough looking and had a big sticker on the spine that would be hard to remove. So i tried ordering online through them and had them hold that one. If my online one comes in gutted or messed up i'll go grab that one.[/QUOTE]I'm well aware of that policy, I didn't think it extended to their online shipments as well. I suppose as long as the sticker makes it "new" in their eyes you could always return it without opening it if you see you got one of the gutted copies.

[quote name='excellen']Would they even take a return on that considering it's not shrink-wrapped?[/QUOTE]

A few years ago I ordered a "new" copy off their site and received a game that had been opened. I took the game and the shipping receipt to one of their stores and was able to get a refund without any problems.

[quote name='Thrinn']A few years ago I ordered a "new" copy off their site and received a game that had been opened. I took the game and the shipping receipt to one of their stores and was able to get a refund without any problems.[/QUOTE]

It's the complete opposite at my stores... they always make a "one time exception" when it comes to returning gutted games because they don't accept returns on gutted games (even if they have the rough sticker). I've never had problems with returning a gut, but it still annoys me that they give you that line of complete BS.

Just got my copy from Gamestop.com and its gutted. The game disc is in a paper sleeve, the manual has bent pages, and the case has a new sticker plastered on the front. I thought if you ordered something new off their site it was brand new sealed. The only reason I got it online was so I didn't have to deal with all the display case copies at my local Gamestops but seeing the posts here I am not surprised they did this.

[quote name='thegamer']Just got my copy from Gamestop.com and its gutted. The game disc is in a paper sleeve, the manual has bent pages, and the case has a new sticker plastered on the front. I thought if you ordered something new off their site it was brand new sealed. The only reason I got it online was so I didn't have to deal with all the display case copies at my local Gamestops but seeing the posts here I am not surprised they did this.[/QUOTE]

It seems like the stores send copies back to be sold on the website sometimes. I've also had gutted stuff arrive from the website and been given a hard time every time I try to return them.

The "one time exception" that people have mentioned has come up a few times. I've also had them ask me if I had played the game...

[quote name='thegamer']Just got my copy from Gamestop.com and its gutted. The game disc is in a paper sleeve, the manual has bent pages, and the case has a new sticker plastered on the front. I thought if you ordered something new off their site it was brand new sealed. The only reason I got it online was so I didn't have to deal with all the display case copies at my local Gamestops but seeing the posts here I am not surprised they did this.[/QUOTE]

Lame dude. So very lame. Sorry about your luck. Id say call them on the phone, but you'll be on hold forever and then get some gal who be "axing" you all kinds of dumb questions.

Anyway, as for me. I found one at my local store still sealed but it was a bit rough looking and had a big sticker on the spine that would be hard to remove. So i tried ordering online through them and had them hold that one. If my online one comes in gutted or messed up i'll go grab that one.[/QUOTE]

some GS do have something to reseal games.
I also saw this at BEST BUY too

Possibility of getting a gutted copies is another reason why it sucks being a Gamestop exclusive. Really wished this game was available on Amazon as well considering that's where part of the Operation Rainfall campaign took place at.

seems like others have beat me to it, but I wanted to add that my "new" copy I purchased online was gutted as well, AND had a gigantic sticker on the front that was a bitch to get off, AND the case was a bit scratched up with a small dent in the bottom corner. As someone that likes to collect games as much as play them, I am super pissed.

I usually avoid gamestop at all costs, but because this was an exclusive, I didn't have much choice. It's really a shame that gamestop thinks it is ok to take a game, unwrap it, slap a giant sticker on the front, put the disc in a shitty plastic sleeve and store it in some tiny wooden drawer, throw the case on display shelves for everyone to handle, then go ahead..pack it up...and sell it as new... Just disgusting. I am well aware that they do this as well, but I thought it was restricted to in store purchases. The few other online orders I have done for other games from Gamestop have been sealed. This one is in terrible condition (well at least for what I would hope new condition should be)

Just a warning to anyone looking to buy it...

[quote name='the_grimace']seems like others have beat me to it, but I wanted to add that my "new" copy I purchased online was gutted as well, AND had a gigantic sticker on the front that was a bitch to get off, AND the case was a bit scratched up with a small dent in the bottom corner. As someone that likes to collect games as much as play them, I am super pissed.

I usually avoid gamestop at all costs, but because this was an exclusive, I didn't have much choice. It's really a shame that gamestop thinks it is ok to take a game, unwrap it, slap a giant sticker on the front, put the disc in a shitty plastic sleeve and store it in some tiny wooden drawer, throw the case on display shelves for everyone to handle, then go ahead..pack it up...and sell it as new... Just disgusting. I am well aware that they do this as well, but I thought it was restricted to in store purchases. The few other online orders I have done for other games from Gamestop have been sealed. This one is in terrible condition (well at least for what I would hope new condition should be)

Just a warning to anyone looking to buy it...[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of something I heard a GS employee tell a customer the other day... Someone came in trying to return a new game that was opened and the GS employee, of course, would not take it. He (GS employee) claimed it was a federal law that once a game is opened it can't be accepted as new. I thought it was hilarious given that GS opens and sells games as new all the damn time.

[quote name='sabanoo']This reminds me of something I heard a GS employee tell a customer the other day... Someone came in trying to return a new game that was opened and the GS employee, of course, would not take it. He (GS employee) claimed it was a federal law that once a game is opened it can't be accepted as new. I thought it was hilarious given that GS opens and sells games as new all the damn time.[/QUOTE]

On the one hand you have idiot employees that don't know what they are talking about, but on the other hand you have employees that are leashed to policy.

The most simple solution that still stops theft is: print out 1 or 2 cover art, place on a dummy case that customer brings up to register. Then take sealed game out and sell it to them, replace dummy case on shelf. When a game is sold out, can use the dummy case for newer games.

Pretty common thing, even Best Buy does that with some games. The cost of a few cover art printing on normal paper can't be that bad. And employees already waste time to gut copies and re-sticker stuff.

This is one of the few games this generation that is worth MSRP and is not in danger of decreasing in price any time soon.

The only time I ever accepted a gutted copy was when I found a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy new a few years back. They even had a used copy but I could tell that even though it was gutted it was still in very good enough shape to be considered a "new" copy. Every other time I have purchased new games from them I ask for a sealed copy and if they don't have one I just ask them to find which stores near me have more than 1 copy in stock.

[quote name='sabanoo']This reminds me of something I heard a GS employee tell a customer the other day... Someone came in trying to return a new game that was opened and the GS employee, of course, would not take it. He (GS employee) claimed it was a federal law that once a game is opened it can't be accepted as new. I thought it was hilarious given that GS opens and sells games as new all the damn time.[/QUOTE]

I can believe that. I had issues returning a "new" copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. When I bought it, I was told that I could return it 7 days because they didn't have the sticker to put on it. When I took it back (NISA had it on sale for $30), a different girl told me they don't accept returns once an item has been opened. I told her it was the store that opened it and she basically said yes, that means you bought it opened and therefore it's no longer a new copy. I respond with, "so you guys sell opened items as new?"

The befuddled look on her face as she realized what she was about to say was amazing. She didn't answer my question and I got my money back as a "one time exception."

I don't hate GS like others do, but this idiotic policy never ceases to amaze me.

We need a class action suit! How the hell do we raise the Mass Effect 3 ending to the government and we let this BS slide. WTH gamers!!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba']I claim dibs on the mini bar first.[/QUOTE]

This is why we can't have nice things. Enjoy your opened Games from Gamestop Gamers! :whistle2:#

*Suit

Happy now? :lol:

Happy this is back in stock, got my copy today and it was gutted but the disc is in perfect shape and it included everything so I'm still happy. Hate that GameStop sells these games as "new" but I didn't have any issues this time.

I have a sealed copy i bought from nintendo direct. I made use of the massive trade in deal to buy a "new" copy from gamestop that i could play. Cost $22 altogether for a copy that was obviously sold once before. The broad who cashed me out didnt put the stupid round sticker seal on my copy, yet there was already sticky residue from where one was put before. I was worried the club nintendo code might have been used, thankfully it wasnt. That dumb broad could have really screwed me though. I wouldnt have been able to take it back as new since she didnt seal it. Still, $22 for a used copy is fine by me.
I feel bad for whoever would pay full price for that though.

Wow didn't know I was so lucky to get non gutted games from GS online. The fact that this is GS exclusive plus the fact they open all their games is the reason these go for 100 + on ebay at times.

I order another 300 dollars of games to export and I better get sealed copies. If I can't sell them new neither should they be able to sell them as new to me.

[quote name='Naterrs']Happy this is back in stock, got my copy today and it was gutted but the disc is in perfect shape and it included everything so I'm still happy. Hate that GameStop sells these games as "new" but I didn't have any issues this time.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? The game was a new copy, ordered online, and arrived as an opened copy?!

I ordered a copy from gamestop.com recently and it came sealed. They do sometimes send gutted copies, though (happened with a few older titles). They don't even bother to put those circular seals on the case. Yet, I am still able to return the gutted copies to my local store w/o any problems after explaining that I expected to get a sealed game since it was online. I also make sure I used the free value shipping, since shipping is non-refundable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bruceg']I ordered a copy from gamestop.com recently and it came sealed. They do sometimes send gutted copies, though (happened with a few older titles). They don't even bother to put those circular seals on the case. Yet, I am still able to return the gutted copies to my local store w/o any problems after explaining that I expected to get a sealed game since it was online.[/QUOTE]

If I still had my wii and I got a gutted copy online.. I would play it then return it. Its only fair because that is what the employees do to us.

I remember way back in the day I bought an mmo that was "new"

The fuckers activated the game and put it back on the shelf as new..

The whole need for gutted games is useless anyway. Who the hell even goes around stores looking at display cases on the shelves in the first place? 9/10 people know what they want when they are going in and the others can just ask the employee and they will get the game for you. All you can see on the back of a game box are like two pictures anyway. Hardly enough to make a decision.

The only people in Gamestops I ever see look at the display cases are little 5 year old kids with moms who know nothing about games. I'm sure they'd survive if they stopped gutting games for display cases. If you need something to fill the walls, then just use promo printouts or cards. I think display cases are one of those old school things that are still hanging around just because someone is too lazy to change. There really is no need for it anymore.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']The whole need for gutted games is useless anyway. [/QUOTE]

See, this is what's always bothered me. You're saying that the largest game retailer chain in the world can't get game publishers to run them off a batch of case sleeves to use as PROMOTIONAL items for their games? I could understand GameStop not wanting to use the bad photocopied sleeves they use as pre-sale promo once the game comes out (it doesn't have any of the flavor text, photos, # of player info, etc. the retail box would), but it's really silly that they have to gut games. It's just being cheap. GameStop would rather save $1-2 per title per store and gut the games than pay the publisher for some sleeves...

[quote name='ProppaT']See, this is what's always bothered me. You're saying that the largest game retailer chain in the world can't get game publishers to run them off a batch of case sleeves to use as PROMOTIONAL items for their games? I could understand GameStop not wanting to use the bad photocopied sleeves they use as pre-sale promo once the game comes out (it doesn't have any of the flavor text, photos, # of player info, etc. the retail box would), but it's really silly that they have to gut games. It's just being cheap. GameStop would rather save $1-2 per title per store and gut the games than pay the publisher for some sleeves...[/QUOTE]
I went to Gamestop and bought Xenoblade before this reprint (?) and asked why the hell they had like 10 cases for it on the shelf and was told that "Nintendo pays for it". That sounds like bullshit since we all know that Gamestop paid Nintendo...

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is the game not on Nintendo's website anymore? It was on there in addition to GameStop at launch.[/QUOTE]

It's been OOS there for at least 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back