Xenoblade Chronicles in stock at GS

[quote name='ProppaT']See, this is what's always bothered me. You're saying that the largest game retailer chain in the world can't get game publishers to run them off a batch of case sleeves to use as PROMOTIONAL items for their games? I could understand GameStop not wanting to use the bad photocopied sleeves they use as pre-sale promo once the game comes out (it doesn't have any of the flavor text, photos, # of player info, etc. the retail box would), but it's really silly that they have to gut games. It's just being cheap. GameStop would rather save $1-2 per title per store and gut the games than pay the publisher for some sleeves...[/QUOTE]

They are also cheap for not selling the gutted games as used like other stores like Best Buy would.

[quote name='destro4eva']This is CAG son. We don't do MSRP. And we don't give a rat's patootie what clowns pay for it on fleabay. Irrelevant. :booty:[/QUOTE]

I love your sig. So much.

[quote name='Jayrcee']Got mine today and it came factory sealed. I was worried I was going to get a gutted copy.[/QUOTE]
Lucky... my brother ordered one for him and I and we got ripped off. Bent and opened... yeah, back to Gamestop they go.

[quote name='Blaster man']I went to Gamestop and bought Xenoblade before this reprint (?) and asked why the hell they had like 10 cases for it on the shelf and was told that "Nintendo pays for it". That sounds like bullshit since we all know that Gamestop paid Nintendo...[/QUOTE]

Actually... with some store marketing, certain companies sometimes DO pay for shelf space. In my experience at working with EB before, we never got those oversized boxes (and not a lot of promo sleeves either) that you put together. So, an entire shelf had to be filled with whatever company purchased that section, and put up NEW titles. Marketing required us to gut X amount of that company's games to put out, facing forward. They purchased that space, so they should know what goes on there, after all.
In your case, was it something like that, or were they spine-out, sitting on the shelf like that? I also recall having to gut TWO of every Vita game during launch (at Gamestop), because marketing required that all stores do that.

Is this still in stock? I'm thinking about going to pick this in a week or two.

I'm still wondering why gamestop hasn't been put on blast cause of this. I remember buying Maverick Hunter a fews years back and they didn't have any sealed ones. So the guys sell me a "new" copy and I tried returning it a few days back and the same guy remembered me and told me he can't accept the game because I opened it. I was pissed ass hell. I barely shop at gamestop now and it's a bitch knowing they get some cool pre orders bonuses.

bread's done
Back