Xenoblade Chronicles

Is that pre-order art book valuable for Xenoblade Chronicles?!? I've had mine since I got the game on launch and I forgot all about the art book until seeing this thread.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Is that pre-order art book valuable for Xenoblade Chronicles?!? I've had mine since I got the game on launch and I forgot all about the art book until seeing this thread.[/QUOTE]
Value ranges from $20-$35 on eBay for it.

[quote name='Vinny']What he's implying is that a number of people wanted to wait until this game became cheaper in order to get it but that's unlikely now so they're scouring to get it while they can.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't appear like he's saying that at all to me. Looks like he's saying people want it because it's hard to get and rising in price while ignoring how good the game is while doing it.

[quote name='blindinglights']Hopefully it isn't Shulk. Dunban or 7 please.[/QUOTE]

those three are realistically the ones with the best chance.

i doubt this game makes a smash bros appearance though

[quote name='JCrichton']Doesn't appear like he's saying that at all to me. Looks like he's saying people want it because it's hard to get and rising in price while ignoring how good the game is while doing it.[/QUOTE]

I certainly wanted the game and was waiting for price drops. When the drops didn't materialize, I purchased it. I saw the writing on the wall so I didn't wait until the thing was damn near out of stock everywhere in the country to buy like people are doing now.

[quote name='kayne2000']those three are realistically the ones with the best chance.

i doubt this game makes a smash bros appearance though[/QUOTE]

Nintendo does own Monolith Soft and they've pretty much included every other character they own (plus some they don't) so I'd be willing to bet there's a good chance we see Xenoblade characters.

But I'm guessing it's more likely that you'll be able to fight using Miis.

yes miis are likely i am sure...but i just dont see xenoblade characters getting thrown into the game. but i could be wrong. i never saw snake or sonic making it so who knows. i suppose it depends if this game gets popular enough on smash bros 4 boards or not and i havent visited those boards so i have no idea.

[quote name='htz']Value ranges from $20-$35 on eBay for it.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I had no idea. If any CAG is interested in it, let me know. Art books aren't really my thing and since a majority of the people posting in this thread is a Xenoblade fan, I figure it may be a good opportunity to see if a fellow Xenoblad fan was interested. Just PM me.

I sold mine a few weeks ago for $10 to a fellow CAG, I had it in my sock drawer since I picked up the game. It's increasing in value right now because the game is hot right now, you were lucky to get $20 for it before the game started getting hard to find.

If you really care about making money I suggest you hold on to it and sell it with a copy of the game.

been trying to pick this game up forever but no gs has it instuck anywhere close near me. Ebay has it for 90+ ]= willing to buy it off someone for a reasonable price

They just announced "Xenoblade 2" for WiiU at the Nintendo showing this morning, so expect demand to rise for this "rare" title.

[quote name='nnthomas']They just announced "Xenoblade 2" for WiiU at the Nintendo showing this morning, so expect demand to rise for this "rare" title.[/QUOTE]

It was not announced, basically hinted at. At the very least it will be a spiritual successor and will have me following it closely.

[quote name='nnthomas']They just announced "Xenoblade 2" for WiiU at the Nintendo showing this morning, so expect demand to rise for this "rare" title.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='get_loud']It was not announced, basically hinted at. At the very least it will be a spiritual successor and will have me following it closely.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I honestly didn't think they would... I hope it is! Man, with Wind Waker HD and the possibility of another Xeno RPG, the Wii U is starting to sound tempting.

EDIT* Just saw the trailer. Awesome-ness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called my local GS last week to see if they could get me a copy. Used most likely. I got a call yesterday that they got a copy from the next state over for me. A new copy. I couldn't believe it.

[quote name='cagisforlosers']If I was king of America, I would put Gamestop in jail.[/QUOTE]

And this is what is wrong with America, ladies and gentlemen.

[quote name='zaxxon2000']Called my local GS last week to see if they could get me a copy. Used most likely. I got a call yesterday that they got a copy from the next state over for me. A new copy. I couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it is not gutted, but I wouldn't hold my breath. So many people burned with "new" copies of this game from gamestop.

[quote name='angrynoisefly']what exactly does "gutted" mean?[/QUOTE]

They open a new copy and place the disc in a drawer, but they leave the box on the floor for display which may cause it to be damaged or dirtied while on the floor. The disc stays "new" because it's been sitting in a drawer.

[quote name='Squarehard']They open a new copy and place the disc in a drawer, but they leave the box on the floor for display which may cause it to be damaged or dirtied while on the floor. The disc stays "new" because it's been sitting in a drawer.[/QUOTE]

Don't forgot employees can check out new copies if that is all they have left.

I lucked out and was able to pick up a mint used copy from GameStop on Monday night. The clerk said that the game was traded in that morning. It was complete and the disc looked pristine! Using the 20% off coupon, I walked out the door with it for $35.99. I'm very lucky!

Unlucky for me, no stores around my area have this game available. Sigh....

So if anyone has a copy they can let go reasonably I'd be more than grateful!

damnit i'm trying to stop adding to my backlog.

really was hoping that Monolith announcement was a new Baten Kaitos (even though I didn't finish the first game).

also I think the Xenoblade artbooks were going for around $30 when the game first came out, wonder if it'll ever hit there again in a year. makes me recall that the Blazeblue artbook (was it gs exclusive?) was selling for $100+

I wasn't in a hurry to buy this since my local Gamestop has about 12 of them on display. I haven't liked a JRPG in awhile and I have a ridiculous backlog.

After seeing the reveal trailer for the sequel/spiritual successor/spin-off today I got pretty excited and decided it was time to pull the trigger. I called the local Gamestop up. They don't have it. They're just displaying a dozen empty boxes for some reason. Then I did my homework and found out how rare this thing is and how it's one of the best in the genre. Shit.

Luckily I've tracked down two new copies - one about 52 miles away and the other about 7 hours away - but ten minutes from my Dad.

I don't want to trust the online locator and I don't want to call ahead for fear an employee will snag it. Hopefully one of these will come through for me because I actually want to play this thing.

[quote name='Broseph']I wasn't in a hurry to buy this since my local Gamestop has about 12 of them on display. I haven't liked a JRPG in awhile and I have a ridiculous backlog.

After seeing the reveal trailer for the sequel/spiritual successor/spin-off today I got pretty excited and decided it was time to pull the trigger. I called the local Gamestop up. They don't have it. They're just displaying a dozen empty boxes for some reason. Then I did my homework and found out how rare this thing is and how it's one of the best in the genre. Shit.

Luckily I've tracked down two new copies - one about 52 miles away and the other about 7 hours away - but ten minutes from my Dad.

I don't want to trust the online locator and I don't want to call ahead for fear an employee will snag it. Hopefully one of these will come through for me because I actually want to play this thing.[/QUOTE]

I think you're better off calling ahead. I found one copy in the morning via online locator and called to have someone hold it for me. When I went to pick it up, he said like 10 people called after me calling to see if it was available.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']I think you're better off calling ahead. I found one copy in the morning via online locator and called to have someone hold it for me. When I went to pick it up, he said like 10 people called after me calling to see if it was available.[/QUOTE]
This. Most GS employees don't suck. It's just the jerk-offs that ruin the rep of the others.

[quote name='Masterkyo']GS will reprint this game b4 part 2 coming out on wii u. Possible drop down MSRP $29.99 to piss off Ebay pples ;)[/QUOTE]

Anything to piss off scalpers is a-ok in my book :)

[quote name='Teeheehee']Anything to piss off scalpers is a-ok in my book :)[/QUOTE]

This is what I find stupid about this, how much time have you had to buy the game? Then all of a sudden it starts selling for more on fleabay and everybody wants one now. Don't blame anybody but yourself by not getting this fantastic game in a timely manner, didn't anyone else see this coming being a Gamestop exlcusive?

[quote name='skiizim']This is what I find stupid about this, how much time have you had to buy the game? Then all of a sudden it starts selling for more on fleabay and everybody wants one now. Don't blame anybody but yourself by not getting this fantastic game in a timely manner, didn't anyone else see this coming being a Gamestop exlcusive?[/QUOTE]

I wanted this game from the beginning, but I didn't buy it BECAUSE it was a GS exclusive. I'm hoping for a Wii U remake or DL before the new game comes out, which judging by Nintendo and JRPGs in general could be a couple of years wait, so no rush.

[quote name='skiizim']This is what I find stupid about this, how much time have you had to buy the game? Then all of a sudden it starts selling for more on fleabay and everybody wants one now. Don't blame anybody but yourself by not getting this fantastic game in a timely manner, didn't anyone else see this coming being a Gamestop exlcusive?[/QUOTE]
I think lots of people (myself included) saw new copies just sitting around at GS for a while and assumed it would be available or cheaper down the line. I did happen to grab a copy for myself along the way but I was in no rush at the time.

I also wasn't aware of the Operation: Rainfall thing. I imagine other folks were in a similar spot.

[quote name='JCrichton']I think lots of people (myself included) saw new copies just sitting around at GS for a while and assumed it would be available or cheaper down the line. I did happen to grab a copy for myself along the way but I was in no rush at the time.

I also wasn't aware of the Operation: Rainfall thing. I imagine other folks were in a similar spot.[/QUOTE]

You win some you lose some. I pre-ordered and paid full price. If you want good games like this made in the future, they have to see its worth the time to release it. I want more of these type of games release, so i put aside being a cheapass. This the same way I treat Fire Emblem, and Tales of games

[quote name='tukai']You win some you lose some. I pre-ordered and paid full price. If you want good games like this made in the future, they have to see its worth the time to release it. I want more of these type of games release, so i put aside being a cheapass. This the same way I treat Fire Emblem, and Tales of games[/QUOTE]
I have no problem paying full price for these types of games. I wasn't waiting for a price drop, I just have a backlog. That particular point was for others who've expressed that particular thought. Considering most games do fall in price over time it's sometimes hard to know which games need to be snatched up right away unless one is paying close attention.

I just got back into JRPGs recently so I'm getting back to speed on what stuff to get.

[quote name='Masterkyo']GS will reprint this game b4 part 2 coming out on wii u. Possible drop down MSRP $29.99 to piss off Ebay pples ;)[/QUOTE]

Knowing Gamestop they'd be the ones ebaying their stock.

[quote name='rawrker']Knowing Gamestop they'd be the ones ebaying their stock.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop = Less evil than most people think.

This is one of the few games I paid retail on and if they want to reprint it to get it in more hands, by all means. It's an excellent game: I'm taking it slow and hitting pretty much all of the sidequests and am about halfway through at 50 hours.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']This is one of the few games I paid retail on and if they want to reprint it to get it in more hands, by all means. It's an excellent game: I'm taking it slow and hitting pretty much all of the sidequests and am about halfway through at 50 hours.

SI[/QUOTE]

You have a ways left to go. I think I completed the game at either 120 or 130 hours.

[quote name='JCrichton']I think lots of people (myself included) saw new copies just sitting around at GS for a while and assumed it would be available or cheaper down the line. I did happen to grab a copy for myself along the way but I was in no rush at the time.

I also wasn't aware of the Operation: Rainfall thing. I imagine other folks were in a similar spot.[/QUOTE]

if you at all knew about this game and followed it even a little it would be next to impossible not hear about operation rainfall. also niche jrpgs tend to usually not go down from MSRP.

exactly if you at all remotely followed this game you knew it was going to be a low print and a gamestop exclusive. how dense does one have to be not to know this could end up rare and pricey.

[quote name='rjejr']I wanted this game from the beginning, but I didn't buy it BECAUSE it was a GS exclusive. I'm hoping for a Wii U remake or DL before the new game comes out, which judging by Nintendo and JRPGs in general could be a couple of years wait, so no rush.[/QUOTE]

your irrational hate for gamestop is the problem seriously can we all just stop riding the gamestop hate train???

[quote name='kayne2000']if you at all knew about this game and followed it even a little it would be next to impossible not hear about operation rainfall. also niche jrpgs tend to usually not go down from MSRP.[/QUOTE]
Then get ready for the impossible because I had no clue about O:R until months after I owned both XC & LS. None at all.

[quote name='kayne2000']if you at all knew about this game and followed it even a little it would be next to impossible not hear about operation rainfall. also niche jrpgs tend to usually not go down from MSRP.[/QUOTE]Niche RPGs almost always seem to drop in price, albeit at a much slower pace than other genres. In fact CAG has a thread dedicated to publishers that specialize in niche titles. Price only really become a factor for RPGs after they've been out of print for a while.

[quote name='kayne2000']exactly if you at all remotely followed this game you knew it was going to be a low print and a gamestop exclusive.[/QUOTE]You've got the most prolific console developer releasing an entry in well established series available exclusively through America's biggest game retailer. Perhaps some those factors would be enough to justify keeping the game in print for a while.

There's always a chance that Nintendo will print up another batch. They didn't do it with the Prime Trilogy but that did it for the Mario All-stars collection.

[quote name='JCrichton']Then get ready for the impossible because I had no clue about O:R until months after I owned both XC & LS. None at all.[/QUOTE]

i suppose its POSSIBLE but seems very very unlikely considering theyve been plastered all over the place.

[quote name='Thrinn']Niche RPGs almost always seem to drop in price, albeit at a much slower pace than other genres. In fact CAG has a thread dedicated to publishers that specialize in niche titles.

You've got the most prolific console developer releasing an entry in well established series available exclusively through America's biggest game retailer. Perhaps some those factors would be enough to justify keeping the game in print for a while.

There's always a chance that Nintendo will print up another batch. They didn't do it with the Prime Trilogy but that did it for the Mario All-stars collection.[/QUOTE]

it was well established this was a low printed game. granted it shouldn't of been but it is what it is.

Niche RPGS can drop in price yes. but that depends on the demand of this game. in this case this game is extremely good and has more demand than supply traditionally this does not equal drops in price. but i would wager a good number of niche titles do not drop in price as there is usually more demand than supply. lets also not forget the gamestop exclusive part of this game either that really does not help the chances of this thing lowering in price.

[quote name='kayne2000']i suppose its POSSIBLE but seems very very unlikely considering theyve been plastered all over the place.[/QUOTE]
I think you've vastly overrated the reach of a niche project. Comb through any of the big reviews for either game and there is zero mention of it, for example.

[quote name='JCrichton']I think you've vastly overrated the reach of a niche project. Comb through any of the big reviews for either game and there is zero mention of it, for example.[/QUOTE]

I heard about The Last Story when it released in Europe. I didn't hear about O:R until maybe January 2012 - most likely due to sites spamming it as Xenoblade was due to be out in NA soon.

bread's done
Back