Xenoblade Chronicles

I called ahead, drove 52 miles one way and watched the clerk list it on eBay just as I arrived.

Seriously though, I got it. I called around 9am and they held
It for me all day. It's not sealed but that's fine - I intend to play it anyhow.

See you online for Xenoblade 2!

[quote name='Broseph']I called ahead, drove 52 miles one way and watched the clerk list it on eBay just as I arrived.

Seriously though, I got it. I called around 9am and they held
It for me all day. It's not sealed but that's fine - I intend to play it anyhow.

See you online for Xenoblade 2![/QUOTE]

I got caught up in all the hype in this thread, and it should be stated that Xenoblade 2 has NOT been announced. It's a game that looks similar-ish (yet actually quite different in terms of the menus etc), and is by the same dev. I'm awaiting confirmation it's actually Xenoblade 2.

Was at final confirmation screen when it was removed from cart :( Didn't even see thread update~ just decided to randomly check lol.

I bet they'll reprint this. The sequal to this looks way too awesome and no way GS isn't going to want to print more since they were able to sell out at full price.

Has anyone even bought a sealed copy from gs recently? I don't like buying the new gutted copies every since a problem occured with me and the staff at my local gamestop.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']So. I just did the pickup at store thing for a used one.

I'm assuming this game is really good since the price enjoys going up yes?[/QUOTE]

Well, for some of us (myself included), it's the best RPG we've played in.... forever? It's my favorite game of last gen (Wii/PS3/360).

I don't mean this in a taunting or rubbing in way(I'm not that kind of person) but I can't believe more people didn't see this coming. I own 5 total copies(4 sealed) that I purchased way back months ago. As a one store exclusive, and a game that is both compatible with Wii and Wii U, and regarded as one of the best in the genre ever?

This was a slam dunk investment. I thought more people would be all over this. It was in stock at Gamestop.com for a loooong time. I believe it first went out of stock around September.

I was holding out for a pre owned copy to pick up tomorrow because its payday, but alas someone picked it up. Now there's no used within 100 miles :(

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I don't mean this in a taunting or rubbing in way(I'm not that kind of person) but I can't believe more people didn't see this coming. I own 5 total copies(4 sealed) that I purchased way back months ago. As a one store exclusive, and a game that is both compatible with Wii and Wii U, and regarded as one of the best in the genre ever?

This was a slam dunk investment. I thought more people would be all over this. It was in stock at Gamestop.com for a loooong time. I believe it first went out of stock around September.[/QUOTE]

yea thats what i tried saying. granted i didn't buy 5 copies i only have one sealed one.

picked one new one up today out of i think the only 2 copies available in Jersey, it was gutted but i dont care, i just want to play it after hearing all the good things about it!

I have my copy but was curious, can you still buy this directly from Nintendo? I assume not but didn't see it mentioned in the last few pages.

I have 3 copies of Xenoblade, 2 are of European origin. The NA version is still sealed; I bought it solely for the art book bonus. It's crazy to see used copies going for so much, but as was mentioned before, it wasn't entirely unexpected given the exclusive distribution deal with GameStop.

I don't see any more new copies. Did they convert it from new to used?

*edit*
Nope found some a good ways from me. I was wondering because the place near me had a new one but it was gutted. Then they suddenly had a used copy. Seemed like some other stores had done the same thing.

[quote name='Point Man']I'm still looking for a copy. Late to the party as usual :(. haha.[/QUOTE]

Hang in there. It's well worth the wait & search. Don't be afraid to spend a but more than you normally would if you get the opportunity to snag a copy.

You can also get this by signing up for a 10 day trial with gamefly and renting/keeping the game for $60. Just need to make sure to cancel membership before the trial period ends.

[quote name='Pikagreg']You can also get this by signing up for a 10 day trial with gamefly and renting/keeping the game for $60. Just need to make sure to cancel membership before the trial period ends.[/QUOTE]

Ya but, with how many people it's been passed around to, i worry it will freeze up at some point due to scratches. It's happened to me a couple of times with games i bought from Gamestop used. :cry:

Edit: Those are permanent freezes by the way.

[quote name='Point Man']I'm still looking for a copy. Late to the party as usual :(. haha.[/QUOTE]

These are all gone every near me but a couple of copies just showed up a a few stores. I think they might have sent some copies around to stores...

[quote name='Vinny']These are all gone every near me but a couple of copies just showed up a a few stores. I think they might have sent some copies around to stores...[/QUOTE]

They must have transferred copies. The few copies available near me have all vanished at the same time. There is not a single store left within 100 miles of me that has one new or used now.

[quote name='sabanoo']They must have transferred copies. The few copies available near me have all vanished at the same time. There is not a single store left within 100 miles of me that has one new or used now.[/QUOTE]

How accurate is the store inventory checker? If its accurate it seems I'm out of luck. After playing Ni No Kuni it got me re-interested in jrpgs, and I am looking for this game.

Also, is this game at all related to Xenogears (possibly a dumb question)? Really liked Xenogears (hated Xenosaga, but to be fair only played the first episode).

just checked near me. No new within 100 miles. Only 4 within 100 miles of me.

I checked a few weeks ago and there were over a dozen stores that had used. Same for new.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']just checked near me. No new within 100 miles. Only 4 within 100 miles of me.

I checked a few weeks ago and there were over a dozen stores that had used. Same for new.[/QUOTE]

I have 4 used within 100 miles of me as well. :cry:

A friend of mine has a Xenoblade up for sale and he got a really OCD message today from an interested buyer. I'm curious if it was a CAG. If not, it was still pretty funny. I'm not sure if anyone here is even this OCD.

They sent him a message asking if there is any sun fading on the cover art, if there are any impressions on the cover(ie pressing down while writing, etc) and then at the end they asked if it the game had any odd smells to it and if he could please smell the game and respond back describing exactly what it smells like.

Thought the last bit was pretty funny. I don't even know if that is OCD, it's just weird.

Got a complete one "like new" on eBay for $65 shipped. Its okay not buying at release saves me money 99% of the time. If I like it I'll get the WiiU at release though.

[quote name='dejeckt']How accurate is the store inventory checker? [/QUOTE]

It is not 100% accurate. I always go to pick up obscure ds games that don't actually exist in store, only in the online inventory. I also found 2 copies of College Hoops 2K8 for 360 at a store that showed no inventory today.

[quote name='dejeckt']How accurate is the store inventory checker? If its accurate it seems I'm out of luck. After playing Ni No Kuni it got me re-interested in jrpgs, and I am looking for this game.

Also, is this game at all related to Xenogears (possibly a dumb question)? Really liked Xenogears (hated Xenosaga, but to be fair only played the first episode).[/QUOTE]

Not related to Xenogears, but there are some similar themes if I remember Xenogears correctly.

[quote name='Toss']It is not 100% accurate. I always go to pick up obscure ds games that don't actually exist in store, only in the online inventory. I also found 2 copies of College Hoops 2K8 for 360 at a store that showed no inventory today.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. It's not 100% but it's a very good way to look around your area for stuff. If you put a reserve on something most stores will hold it for you but it's always a good idea to call first if it's something really hard to get.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']A friend of mine has a Xenoblade up for sale and he got a really OCD message today from an interested buyer. I'm curious if it was a CAG. If not, it was still pretty funny. I'm not sure if anyone here is even this OCD.

They sent him a message asking if there is any sun fading on the cover art, if there are any impressions on the cover(ie pressing down while writing, etc) and then at the end they asked if it the game had any odd smells to it and if he could please smell the game and respond back describing exactly what it smells like.

Thought the last bit was pretty funny. I don't even know if that is OCD, it's just weird.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like somebody was messing with him... Pretty funny though.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']A friend of mine has a Xenoblade up for sale and he got a really OCD message today from an interested buyer. I'm curious if it was a CAG. If not, it was still pretty funny. I'm not sure if anyone here is even this OCD.

Thought the last bit was pretty funny. I don't even know if that is OCD, it's just weird.[/QUOTE]

Eh, Its pretty normal for serious collectors Id say. I can be like that with some games/things. Not the smell thing... but that is a good idea. You don't want things smelling like weed smoke. That is infuriating.

I just picked up a used copy yesterday in Rapid City, South Dakota. I looked for the game in both Minnesota and Wisconsin and found nothing. According to the people at the store, it was the first used copy they saw in over 6 months.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Not the smell thing... but that is a good idea. You don't want things smelling like weed smoke. That is infuriating.[/QUOTE]

The 'smell it' question was worded awkwardly, but any kind of a smoke smell can be a nuisance if you're allergic. Some of the older games that I've bought online are permanently yellowed and smell like an ashtray.

[quote name='sabanoo']They must have transferred copies. The few copies available near me have all vanished at the same time. There is not a single store left within 100 miles of me that has one new or used now.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it. I tried to do a in store pick up and with the two closest stores, and both said they couldn't hold it.

[quote name='Blaster man']I bet they do a reprint. Used copies are selling for as much as $100 now.[/QUOTE]

You'd think that would be obvious and would have been done already, but it hasn't. I can't help but wonder if the deal between GS/Nintendo is resulting in issues. Like, GS wants to reprint it and keep it exclusive to their store, but Nintendo wants to cut ties with them and make it available in all stores.

[quote name='Vinny']Looks like it. I tried to do a in store pick up and with the two closest stores, and both said they couldn't hold it.

You'd think that would be obvious and would have been done already, but it hasn't. I can't help but wonder if the deal between GS/Nintendo is resulting in issues. Like, GS wants to reprint it and keep it exclusive to their store, but Nintendo wants to cut ties with them and make it available in all stores.[/QUOTE]

It sure seems like they would reprint it. I had to choke down the vomit that came up as I entered Gamestop then a second time as I paid full price for my "new" copy. I haven't played my copy yet and I keep thinking maybe I should sell it in case there's a reprint.

On the other hand, I think Nintendo has essentially dropped all support for the Wii. Does that include reprints or only new games?

Funny that there is so much negativity towards gamestop in this thread. They do have questionable business practices but they are the reason why we got this game in the end in the states. Nintendo should be the one to blame for not having faith in a game that obviously had a massive following before it was even released.

I got mine used a while ago, and hadn't heard that apparently in older Wiis they have a problem reading the game. I put it in finally this passed weekend, and I have to say, I'm really into it. I haven't stopped playing it, and that's saying a lot since I don't think I can remember the last Wii game that wasn't Mario Party with my GF that I have actively enjoyed playing.

I figure I'll play it, and if I hear about a reprint, I'll sell it and buy one, but otherwise, it'll just be one of my harder to find games in my collection.

[quote name='sterlingice']I think the hate for Gamestop is more of a "Lifetime Achievement Award".

SI[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

An award that is well deserved imo.

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']I'd say its more likely that this shows up as a download on the Wii u shop than a reprint.[/QUOTE]

This is probably the winner. I suspect the issue right now is the exclusivity and they have to wait for it to run out or buy it out. They will want to have the first game available for sure if they confirm a new Xenoblade game at E3 as they hinted at in the Nintendo Direct.

~65 hours in and all around Alcamoth right now. I don't usually appreciate aRPGs attempts to bulk up the time with fetch quests, kill quests, and the like. However, I appreciate their attempt to tie the characters all in. It has led to me being overleveled, but I guess I'm ok with that.

For example (not really a spoiler as it's a really minor quest), I saved the lantern and thought nothing of it other than Kenny Rohan's response and figured his character exposition was all it served. But then I'm running around Colony 9, doing one of Jiroque's quest (I think) and I see a bunch of people standing around, looking off a bridge. I look down and there's the stupid lantern. In short, I appreciate the whole concept of the affinity tree and how it ties a lot of different things together. It's got me trying to do good things for people (tho I also appreciate the internet as it helps me make sure that if I invest a lot of time, I can complete it).

SI

bread's done
Back