Xenosaga III $39.99 Preorder @ Outpost.com

I love when companies give Gamecrazy special preorder bonuses... it really sucks us for those of us who don't have a Gamecrazy in their state AT ALL. I remember when they had the special Suikoden V art cell and I had to buy it for $15 or so on Ebay... expect to pay good money to grab the poster on Ebay.

I mean, everyone has GS / EB and you can grab those bonuses online as well, but with Gamecrazy, once they get a preorder bonus, too bad for those of us without one in a 500 mile radius.

damn since i can't get all 3 exclusives at the same place. Im gonna just wait til it goes < $20. Already have too large of a backlog anyways.

[quote name='Msia']I saw the exclusive cover today and it is much better than the original one. Definetly getting this from BBY.[/QUOTE]

Is it lenticular but just a regular case or does it have a slip cover over the regular case?

[quote name='sarausagi']Is it lenticular but just a regular case or does it have a slip cover over the regular case?[/quote]
Ive only seen it in the ad not in person.

[quote name='Msia']Ive only seen it in the ad not in person.[/QUOTE]

So the ad poster just skipped over Xenosaga?

That's quite the bias no matter how fast he is

[quote name='sarausagi']So the ad poster just skipped over Xenosaga?

That's quite the bias no matter how fast he is[/quote]
What the hell are you talking about? It's going to be the same cover as the strategy guide. Whether its lenticular or not I have no fucking clue because THERE IS NOT ONE BBY STORE THAT HAS IT IN STOCK K?

[quote name='Msia']What the hell are you talking about? It's going to be the same cover as the strategy guide. Whether its lenticular or not I have no fucking clue because THERE IS NOT ONE BBY STORE THAT HAS IT IN STOCK K?[/QUOTE]

No, no, no

I wasn't talking about you

I'm talking about the guy who posted the BEST BUY AD this week

He didn't put Xenosaga in the ad at all, he didn't say a thing about it

according to you, the AD DOES HAVE XENOSAGA

So that would lead me to believe the ad poster has a bias against Xenosaga

I completely forgot about eBay.

I was going between the cover and the artbook, but now I think I'll just buy the game from BB and get the artbook from eBay.

This is assuming the quailty of the artbook is like the original Xenosaga artbook or something. I don't want some dinky POS if that's the case.

[quote name='sarausagi']No, no, no

I wasn't talking about you

I'm talking about the guy who posted the BEST BUY AD this week

He didn't put Xenosaga in the ad at all, he didn't say a thing about it

according to you, the AD DOES HAVE XENOSAGA

So that would lead me to believe the ad poster has a bias against Xenosaga[/QUOTE]

Seriously, are you retarded?

The ad Msia posted is for next week starting 9/3... the ad you're talking about for this week 8/27 dosen't have Xenosaga at all, it's not "the ad poster has a bias against Xenosaga", I don't even think he knows (or cares) wtf it is. Way to be a real asshole to someone who constantly brings everyone the ads weeks in advance on a daily basis.

And to anybody who wants the artbook at EB / GS, you don't need to buy it off Ebay if you're not preordering there, chances are they will have plenty of artbooks left over, just go in a few days after the game has hit and ask for one, if they are cool they'll just go ahead and give you one.

I got the artbook today, it's pretty nice. About comic book size, 48 color pages. Brady published it, probably because they're not doing a LE Strategy Guide for this one.

[quote name='espy605']I got the artbook today, it's pretty nice. About comic book size, 48 color pages. Brady published it, probably because they're not doing a LE Strategy Guide for this one.[/quote]
What's the dimension of the artbook? The size of a typical Brady strategy guide?

I just went to Game Crazy and they have the poster in. It's freakin' huge! It's rolled up in a plastic tube and 28" in width. I have no clue what the length is and how Telos looks like in it though, because they don't want to 'unroll' it since it's so huge.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']The poster is supposed to be life size, right?[/quote]
From the size of that rolled up thing, I think it's pretty close to life size.

Btw, how tall is T-elos anyway?

[quote name='eau']From the size of that rolled up thing, I think it's pretty close to life size.

Btw, how tall is T-elos anyway?[/quote]

Since it's Japanese I can't imagine her being taller than 5 feet

From the size of that rolled up thing, I think it's pretty close to life size.

Btw, how tall is T-elos anyway?

It's probably a door poster,.
What's the dimension of the artbook? The size of a typical Brady strategy guide?

I don't know, I don't have a ruler on me. It's smaller than a Brady guide, it's looks literally about the size of a standard comic book.

has anyone heard about the limited cover? i just talked to a guy at gamecrazy and he says they should be receiving some limited covers as well as regular covers for the game... i thought this was a BB exclusive?

[quote name='ryanlk']has anyone heard about the limited cover? i just talked to a guy at gamecrazy and he says they should be receiving some limited covers as well as regular covers for the game... i thought this was a BB exclusive?[/quote]
The official statement from Namco is:

GameStop/EB - artbook
GameCrazy - life size poster
Best Buy - lenticular cover

If anybody has a pic or a url to a pic of the poster it would be greatly appreciated. I'm curious to see what it looks like, thanks.

And for those wondering why this game is $39.99; for big publishers that's the new standard price for a PS2 game. PS2 is not current gen anymore and so it's normal for the price of games to go down. Some smaller publishers will continue selling games for $49.99 because they need the money, but guys like Sony, Sega, Namco, Konami, Capcom,etc... will adopt the $40 price point. Square-Enix for some reason is sticking with the $50 price point and it's not gonna help them sell Dirge of Cerberus copies when you consider the lackluster reviews it has gotten.

[quote name='Chacrana']So Namco censored the game apparently...

fuck US publishers.[/quote]
Yeah. No kidding. It's all over the official X3 Namco forum.

[quote name='62t']btw new rpgs like .hack GU are also #39.99. might be the start of a new trend for lesser known games[/QUOTE]

Well... it really seems like $40 price points for PS2 games have become increasingly popular since 2004... definitely a good thing though. In an age where we have $60 games, $40 tags are great.

[quote name='GHardin']Well, of course they want as many sales as they can possibly get! I guess they think the majority of the players are under the legal age to play it. Either that, or it's something else. Oh well, not much can really be done, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I dunno... it just seems like companies are consistantly retarded when it comes to knowing what the market for a certain game is when they localize it. You're not going to sell Yakuza to the GTA crowd and you can't sell Xenosaga to 8 year olds.

But yeah... there's really nothing that can be done.

Hey, I got an artbook today! I never preordered, but there's an EB store 5 minutes from campus, so I figured, what the hell, I'll see if they'll give me a copy. I get there and ask, and sure enough, the guy working at the counter opened a drawer and handed me one. I saw they had a large stack of them, so I didn't screw anyone out of their preorder bonus.

Anyway, the artbook is really nice. It has basically the same dimensions as a comic book, and the cover has a sort of 3D effect, raised areas makes it look like it T-elos is coming off the cover. It's a very nice bonus, a lot better than the Suikoden V artbook. Though, that did include a CD, but comparing the actual artbooks, the Xenosaga III one is much better.

Anyway, if you didn't preorder, just ask. The CSR that waited on me was actually one of the nicest ones I've ever talked to in any EB/GS store.

Good luck!

And yeah, I read about the blood in some scenes of the game being edited out, yet the scene itself remains intact. It sounds pretty lame. But I'm going to play the game before I start bitching and moaning about it.

[quote name='GHardin']Well, of course they want as many sales as they can possibly get! I guess they think the majority of the players are under the legal age to play it. Either that, or it's something else. Oh well, not much can really be done, unfortunately.[/quote]
"...there is at least one major moment in the game where a character is obviously reacting to large amounts of blood--only the blood itself is completely erased. Instead of being a visceral, if somewhat horrifying, scene, it just looks as if the person is staring at the floor and going insane."

I know that scene. They fucked up one of the most important cut scenes in the saga. It's a major plot revelation. The atmosphere will be absurd without the blood. fuck u namco!

I picked this up from EB today. The manager there was really cool. He only got 1 manager's copy of the artbook and he gave it to me, and since it was looked at and a little creased he also gave me a Yakuza demo disc.

If anybody is successfull in returning a non lenticular cover version to Best Buy let us know. If they have the same UPC then there shouldn't be any problem. Its not like the customer service person is gonna be aware of the special cover.

I expected this editing in a way after the edits made tot he first game the final game was certain to experience some issues. Thankfully there will very likely be places online where you can view the original scenes.

God bless Youtube.

Namco could've bothered to edit these censored scenes so that they would make sense without the blood. I'm going to wait until used copies of this game are available so that I can deny Namco a sale.

[quote name='11440']Namco could've bothered to edit these censored scenes so that they would make sense without the blood. I'm going to wait until used copies of this game are available so that I can deny Namco a sale.[/quote]
It wouldn't make a ding on namco. FWIW, it's backordered online at EB/GS now.

[quote name='eau']It wouldn't make a ding on namco.[/QUOTE]

I don't imagine that it would. But I recall the rampant censorship of RPGs in the U.S. during the SNES era, and I'll not support Namco's attempts to set localization back by a decade.

Namco could've bothered to edit these censored scenes so that they would make sense without the blood. I'm going to wait until used copies of this game are available so that I can deny Namco a sale

Another reason why this series is ending at episode three instead of six.

God forbid a Xeno game goes by without Namco censoring something in it. Meanwhile, there was plenty of blood in the first two (stupid T rating.)

[quote name='toneroni']geez...oh yeah do these games have anything to do with xenogears? or are they a separate series?[/quote]

I've never played the series, I just bought XS3 for the artbook and I'm hoping to get the first two soon.

From what I've heard though, Xenogears was supposed to be the fifth in a six part series. After the second Xenosaga, though, sales weren't very high so Namco cut it down to three. I now have no idea how Xenogears relates to the story but I'm sure there are references here and there.

Namco has indeed made some odd editing decisions to lower the ratings in the past.

Let us not forget the pointless edit of removing the knife from Albedo in that scene wth MOMO in the first game. It's okay to rip your arm and head off, but heaven forbid you cut them off with a knife.

Someone reacting to invisible blood fits depressingly well with their logic.

bread's done
Back