Xenosaga III $39.99 Preorder @ Outpost.com

Best Buy has apparently updated the picture on their website. It used to be the standard one with KOSMOS ver.4.

7959444.jpg

Hello all, long time no see. I went ahead and visited my local Best Buy to see what all the commotion is all about. I asked for Xenosaga 3 and the sales floor guy had to get copies out of the back.

The copy he handed me was the same game with same UPC as the GS/EB stores are selling (I have a GS copy I'll be returning tomorrow now). The lenticular cover has a special card inserted in front of existing cover w/ KOSMOS (regular cover) and T-Elos swapping images.

I hope that ends these questions and now you can decide which bonuses matter to you CAGers.

If you guys want pictures, let me know and I'll post them on imageshack ASAP.

[quote name='Tolmek']Namco has indeed made some odd editing decisions to lower the ratings in the past.

Let us not forget the pointless edit of removing the knife from Albedo in that scene wth MOMO in the first game. It's okay to rip your arm and head off, but heaven forbid you cut them off with a knife.

Someone reacting to invisible blood fits depressingly well with their logic.[/quote]

I think the logic to the scene in Xeno 1 is that people can't rip their arms and heads off but they can do so with a knife (although for the head I'm pretty sure you'd pass out and die before you got very far). In America the big thing in censorship is "Let's not show something that some moron will want to mimic".

I think Namco should have just gone with the M rating for the whole series, it might have actually sold more. I'm sure plenty of older mainstream gamers looked at the box art and saw the T rating and said to themselves "This can't be any good"

Just got back with the special cover. It is lenticular with BOTH kos-mos from the original and T-elos from the strategy guide. Awesome.

[quote name='Msia']Just got back with the special cover. It is lenticular with BOTH kos-mos from the original and T-elos from the strategy guide. Awesome.[/quote]
How do they attach the lenticular cover to the game? Do they glue it onto the front transparent plastic? Or do they sandwitch it between the plastic and the regular artwork cover?

Well, since no one read my post on end of page 5, here's the picture and proof and this will answer eau's question.
It's not glued on, just inserted between the original cover.

Here's the image comparing my GS purchase to the BB copy:

Got a Xenosaga 3 artbook just by asking at a local EB... they had two preorders, three artbooks, the guy just gave my girlfriend the extra artbook.

It's very nice, indeed.

So yea, like I said before, if you want an artbook hit up your local EB / GS to see if they got in any extras.

[quote name='Riyonuk']If thats your bed that is huge...I want one so badly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my bed. Now, I don't know where I'm gonna sleep. j/k

I knew that poster was going to be awsome. Atleast I found a nice high quality version of it (and the kosmos version) I can use for desktop images. The Best Buy cover kicks the original cover's ass I definatly want that. I doubt I'll be able to get to EB/GS to get the art book before anyone else though... I bet the EB in manhattan will want you to buy the game to get it even now that preorders are over and the GS probably wont even have more than the actual number of preorders.

[quote name='Alpha2']I knew that poster was going to be awsome. Atleast I found a nice high quality version of it (and the kosmos version) I can use for desktop images. The Best Buy cover kicks the original cover's ass I definatly want that. I doubt I'll be able to get to EB/GS to get the art book before anyone else though... I bet the EB in manhattan will want you to buy the game to get it even now that preorders are over and the GS probably wont even have more than the actual number of preorders.[/QUOTE]

Just buy the game and the artbook, wait a day or so or go to a different EB and return the game.

The artbook has no SKU so it won't ever show up on the receipt.

There are a couple of EB's on the way to work for me, so I'll pop in and see about the artbook.

Picked up the game at Best Buy today, and that cover kicks the original's ass indeed. And it has the regular cover under it, if I decide to take out the lenticular one for any particular reason.

It looks like the artbook is no longer available from GS/EB.com. Xenosaga 3 is currently the #1 on their bestseller list.

[quote name='eau']It looks like the artbook is no longer available from GS/EB.com. Xenosaga 3 is currently the #1 on their bestseller list.[/QUOTE]

For once EB actually makes a preorder bonus limited... that's kind of cool. Hopefully a friend who works at Gamecrazy can get me one of those posters, as well.

Does anyone know if the Xenosaga 3 cover at Best Buy is limited, or will they always have this cover?

humm
I went by my BestBuy today and they still haven't gotten in Xenosaga III yet.
:whistle2:(
I'll try again tomorrow.
Oh well, at least I got a free artbook from my eb.

Same with the broadway bestbuy, still no sign of it. I hope they didnt make the cover so limited that they made it hard to stock the stores.

As for the art book I can wait for the fullsize book that's inevitable to show up with more than 200 pages of art and stuff. I feel like Namco (and possibly even Monolith) was embarrassed by the art in XS2 and tried their best to avoid putting any emphasis on it, but the new art is much closer to the cool factor or the original art.

[quote name='Alpha2']Same with the broadway bestbuy, still no sign of it. I hope they didnt make the cover so limited that they made it hard to stock the stores.

As for the art book I can wait for the fullsize book that's inevitable to show up with more than 200 pages of art and stuff. I feel like Namco (and possibly even Monolith) was embarrassed by the art in XS2 and tried their best to avoid putting any emphasis on it, but the new art is much closer to the cool factor or the original art.[/QUOTE]

Goodness no. Mine had a crapload. Yours probably will too in a day or two.

[quote name='Roufuss']
Does anyone know if the Xenosaga 3 cover at Best Buy is limited, or will they always have this cover?[/QUOTE]

Still curious, because if it's limited like a first print run for Best Buy kind of thing, and restocks will only get the regular cover, I'll pick it up today with a gift card I have.

Well as far as I can tell it's not limited, from the way the guy at BB seemed to say it they just havent gotten them yet, which I'd suspect just means that their special covers made the shipments late to some stores... or maybe they're just holding them in the back untill the weekend laborday sales are over so they can sell them at full price.

[quote name='Alpha2']Well as far as I can tell it's not limited, from the way the guy at BB seemed to say it they just havent gotten them yet, which I'd suspect just means that their special covers made the shipments late to some stores... or maybe they're just holding them in the back untill the weekend laborday sales are over so they can sell them at full price.[/QUOTE]

Weird... I did end up picking it up at BB, and they must have had 25 or so copies with the lenticular cover.

Picked up my copy at BB today along with SCIII, plenty of lenticular copies there. :)

Stopped by a GameStop and asked for an artbook and received one with no problem. (Though, the guy did give me a little shit but I could tell he was smirking the whole time) Thanks guys for saying "just ask" otherwise I would have never asked! ^_^

I just picked up Xenosaga 3 with the lencticular cover from BB today. It's not on display and the BB guy had to pull it from somewhere. It's shrinkwrapped rather than sealed with the typical cellopane. Is your BB copy also shrinkwrapped too? I just want to make sure it's packaged that way from the factory instead of BB resealing it.

It costed me $24.99 after GGC and a $10 RZ certificate.

Just wanted to let everyone know that next week (starting 9/10) Xenosaga 3 is only $29.99 at Circuit City. For everyone that bought it at Best Buy, they have a 110% policy on price adjusts so you can get your copy adjusted down to $28.99 if you already bought it.

It's in the ad thread for 9/10 if anyone needs anymore proof. $29.99 AND the lenticular cover is awesome :D

[quote name='SinnerChrno']Damn my lack of a CC around here!

*shakes fist and grumbles*[/quote]
Order online when it goes on sale. It's only $1.99 shipping, I think.

[quote name='eau']Order online when it goes on sale. It's only $1.99 shipping, I think.[/quote]

Actually, CC.com has free shipping over $25 orders...

[quote name='Roufuss']Just wanted to let everyone know that next week (starting 9/10) Xenosaga 3 is only $29.99 at Circuit City. For everyone that bought it at Best Buy, they have a 110% policy on price adjusts so you can get your copy adjusted down to $28.99 if you already bought it.

It's in the ad thread for 9/10 if anyone needs anymore proof. $29.99 AND the lenticular cover is awesome :D[/QUOTE]

Roufuss, I was on the fence about getting it but you have sold me on it. Thank you, sir!

[quote name='Josef']Roufuss, I was on the fence about getting it but you have sold me on it. Thank you, sir![/QUOTE]

Good man. He speaks the truth. The cover is certainly my favorite of the three pack ins, even if it should be not limited at all. But then the artbook I got with the first just wound up sitting in a drawer and becoming Ebay fodder years later.

And having played the game for an hour, it's already a massive improvement over the first two. Even if you watched the first as a movie (that came with 2), the pace crawled at times, and the overly large environments and load times made sure the pace of the actual gameplay was even worse.

[quote name='robbart914']Good man. He speaks the truth. The cover is certainly my favorite of the three pack ins, even if it should be not limited at all. But then the artbook I got with the first just wound up sitting in a drawer and becoming Ebay fodder years later.

And having played the game for an hour, it's already a massive improvement over the first two. Even if you watched the first as a movie (that came with 2), the pace crawled at times, and the overly large environments and load times made sure the pace of the actual gameplay was even worse.[/quote]
Are you going to sell our "Art of Xenosaga" book (from first game), or you have already sold it on ebay?

I asked the question earlier but probably no one noticed. Is your lenticular copy from Best Buy shrinkwrapped or cellopane sealed?

Mine was shrinkwrapped. I hope it wasn't a resealed copy or something.

[quote name='eau']I hope it wasn't a resealed copy or something.[/QUOTE] You could only get Castlevania for the DS shrinkwrapped around here, while almost all other DS games came in cellophane. I think it just depends on which factory produces the game.

[quote name='Thrinn']You could only get Castlevania for the DS shrinkwrapped around here, while almost all other DS games came in cellophane. I think it just depends on which factory produces the game.[/quote] I was talking about Xenosaga III for PS2 /w the special lenticular cover from Best Buy. The copy I got was shrinkwrapped.

I don't mind a Xenosaga I & II for DS if it were available here :)

[quote name='eau']I asked the question earlier but probably no one noticed. Is your lenticular copy from Best Buy shrinkwrapped or cellopane sealed?

Mine was shrinkwrapped. I hope it wasn't a resealed copy or something.[/quote]

All the copies are shrink-wrapped like that. It's because the games are pressed and packaged by Sony so if Namco wanted to add the lenticular cover they had to open regular copies that Sony sent them and insert the lenticular cover manually (its just an insert, the regular cover is underneath) and then rewrap the game.

I want to thank Roufuss for mentioning the CC ad and the BB price match policy. In the end I will have payed $28.99 and gotten the lenticular cover, the poster and the artbook. Great Deal.

[quote name='eau']Are you going to sell our "Art of Xenosaga" book (from first game), or you have already sold it on ebay?[/QUOTE]

I got rid of it a year or two ago. Kosmos was really the only character design I even cared for in the first game anyway, so no loss.

Big thumbs up to Monolith for this game's character designs. I disliked Shion's original look very much. Now she's pretty much a video game hottie.

[quote name='robbart914']I got rid of it a year or two ago. Kosmos was really the only character design I even cared for in the first game anyway, so no loss.[/quote] How was the quality of the artbook comparing to the new one for Ep. III? I may have to hunt one down...

Big thumbs up to Monolith for this game's character designs. I disliked Shion's original look very much. Now she's pretty much a video game hottie.
She used to be a barbie doll. Now she is :hot:

[quote name='eau']How was the quality of the artbook comparing to the new one for Ep. III? I may have to hunt one down...

She used to be a barbie doll. Now she is :hot:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I hated her original design and now I'd definitely put her in my ideal gaming harem.

Th layout and content of the books are fairly similar. Mostly characters with a good deal of mechs. The cover of the original wasn't embossed, but wasn't bad by any means. But the artbook to the first was larger. 25-50% so. And there was a little more content for each character. Rather than the one or two images you get for side characters, there was a sketch, a drawn image, and a CG rendering bare minimum.

Honestly, I prefer the one with part 3, simply because I prefer the new character designs, but if you're a huge fan of the original's designs as well, it's probably worth owning. Assuming there isn't some massive compilation Japanese artbook out there like Perfect Works.

bread's done
Back