XIII for the PS2 2.99 NEW @ EBgames B&M Ymmv

KingNES

Banned
I went today to grab a FF Crystal Chronicles for the GC and noted on their price drop memo XIII for the PS2 NEW was 2.99, thats a steal for a decent FPS game indeed. I grabbed 1 and they had 7 left in stock, this is a company wide thing I am told, so if anyone else can confirm it would be appreciated. Best of luck.

How can you turn down a game that has voice acting by Adam West? This game was a steal for $9.99 at Circuit City a year ago so if this is true I recommend the game. Not the greatest, but for a rainy springtime afternoon it's worth it.

It isn't perfect, as several others have mentioned, but the game has a great sense of style. Also liked the mix of gore and cel-shading. It's definitely a steal at $2.99.

just the ps2 version was 2.99 at EB. I know the Xbox version goes for 9.99 used at Gamerush but I wouldn't be surprised if you could find it pretty cheap just about anywhere.

Haha, I went to get this at my local EB.

I asked the lady if they had any new, she found one, I asked if she had any more she said no.
Then asked "why I wanted more than one".
Not that it's any of her business, but I said "I wanted another for a friend, since they are on sale".
She say's "there not on sale".

Then she rings it up and say's "this must be some kind of mistake".

I quickly said "No, they just marked them down".

She say's "How did I know they were on sale?"

I said "A friend of mine online told me about them".

I never tell tell them I got it from CAG.

Thanks friend :)

[quote name='punqsux']pick this game up if you like:

goldeneye
deus ex
timesplitters 2
fun[/QUOTE]

Where there is an XIII deal, punqsux and I shall be there. But seriously, this game is really amazing. It, unlike many FPSes, does not have to rely just on a sci-fi premise to fun and entertaining. great game with a great sense of style. One of my favorite original games to come out this gen. Too bad that it was overshadowed at the time of release just like Beyond good and Evil and Prince of Persia was. Had I known how good this game was, then I would have paid $50 for it. Hopefully it as well as Beyond Good and Evil will receive the proper sequels that they deserve, especially since this one has such a great cliffhanger ending.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hopefully it as well as Beyond Good and Evil will receive the proper sequels that they deserve, especially since this one has such a great cliffhanger ending.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Beyond Good and Evil needs a sequel. The story really had a satisfying conclusion and I hate to see them screw it up with a sequel. What I would really like is for Ubisoft to come up with a marketable, franchisable character to back up the great gameplay.

[quote name='dcfox']I don't think Beyond Good and Evil needs a sequel. The story really had a satisfying conclusion and I hate to see them screw it up with a sequel. What I would really like is for Ubisoft to come up with a marketable, franchisable character to back up the great gameplay.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the first BG&E had an excellent ending, but from what I've heard, the game was supposed to be apart of a Trilogy originally. I think that they could pull it off and it would be very interesting.

Thanks for the deal. I picked this up after class. Now I just need to find time to play it along with all the other games in my backlog.

XIII is great, I got a bunch of copies free from TRU at in Dec and passed them out to all my friends with PS2s. I used to have a huge stack of them until the recent EB 2 for $10 trade in.

I was picking up a copy of Auto Modellista for $5 when the worker tells me that they've marked XIII for PS2 down to $3. I was seriously considering picking up the pre-owned version (same price) since I have an edge card but then I realized I was being slightly too cheap.

[quote name='Superstar']Very nice find. How big is the online community?[/QUOTE]

Not too big. You might find 2 or 3 deathmatch games here and there.

I thought the game was ok. Nothing too great, but the game has a great style to it. A steal at $2.99

Hey, good deal. Saves me from having to spend $3.98 on it at Toys R Us. :D Hey, I can buy a lot with that 99 cents! (I've bought new PS1 games, like the very fun Turnabout, for that much, so, hey. That, or a burger at Rally's. :))

Went out and picked one up today. I already own the Xbox version, but have always wanted the PS2 version as well to compare the differences and just because it's an awesome game. My store had plenty of them, somewhere in the range of 4-6 or so after the one I took. While I was there I also picked up a Spikeout: Battle Street for Xbox 29.99 since I hear it's rare/going to be very extremely difficult to find and I also wanted it.

[quote name='mcgavin27']at my tru they are 2.48, so this isn't really a deal to me. Plus, i don't have an ebgames so i can't get it anyways.[/QUOTE]

No EB? That's the same as no blood vessels. I don't understand how you survive.

Oh and XIII is absolutely worth $2.99. Bought it for $10 and worth every penny.

great deal. I am gonna pick it up.. again. I bought it a while ago used for 6.99 but after sitting on my shelf for a looonng time, I decided to trade it. All you guys talking about it makes me want to play it again.

[quote name='nachzeher']Gonna stop by tomorrow and get it. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

I bet it's gonna end up in GR.

Thanks much to the OP! :D EB Games B&M stores seem to be dropping a lot of older game prices recently. Can someone on the inside hook us up with some daily information? Pretty please. . .

[quote name='mcgavin27']at my tru they are 2.48, so this isn't really a deal to me. Plus, i don't have an ebgames so i can't get it anyways.[/QUOTE]

thanks for sharing

[quote name='Specter']Now that alot of people might be getting it, we should set up a CAG game. I love this game online![/QUOTE]

some online with this would be fun together with CAGs

i just got it like 15 mins ago :D

I picked one up at my local EB today. They only had unsealed "New" Copies. The guy said that is typical of older games at EB, but it does appear to be in new condition. Anyone run into the same thing?

[quote name='maccabee72']I picked one up at my local EB today. They only had unsealed "New" Copies. The guy said that is typical of older games at EB, but it does appear to be in new condition. Anyone run into the same thing?[/QUOTE]
I did. I picked up this game along with the $5 Space Channel 5. Both games were unsealed and have obnoxious EB stickers on them. I even asked the guy if they were new and he said yeah, and then he proceeded to open up the Space Channel 5 to make sure there was a disc inside. :roll: Oh well, can't complain too much about a $3 and a $5 game.

[quote name='VidPower']I did. I picked up this game along with the $5 Space Channel 5. Both games were unsealed and have obnoxious EB stickers on them. I even asked the guy if they were new and he said yeah, and then he proceeded to open up the Space Channel 5 to make sure there was a disc inside. :roll: Oh well, can't complain too much about a $3 and a $5 game.[/QUOTE]

I also was given a store copy of XIII. I asked if they had any new and the douche said the only games they keep sealed are ones that have just come out, which is BS.

So I was on late last night and again this morning and have yet to find an online presence... anyone want to get a game goin?

bread's done
Back