Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z PS3/360 $9.99 @ Gamestop (Price Drop)

I'm on the final boss on easy, and I haven't run across anything yet that could kill me in 2-3 hits. It's pretty challenging, and I've died a fair number of times on some tough spots...but I haven't struggled too much with easy difficulty (and I'm not great at hack-and-slash/beat-em-ups). The final boss is proving to be a pain...but more because of a lack of checkpoints than anything.

Actually digging the game quite a bit. Even the platforming/puzzle elements were more interesting/fun than I expected.
Thank you! I may have to pick it up after all :)

I think Mr. E is just trying to drive us all to rage suicide by playing this game, so the board thins out and there are more deals available for himself.

I think Mr. E is just trying to drive us all to rage suicide by playing this game, so the board thins out and there are more deals available for himself.
Give me more credit than that! If that was my plan, I would have just told everybody to buy Amy during one of the $2.99 psn sales long before now :D

With all of you guys buying it, nobody is going to come out and vent their frustration with the game? Let me know you were frustrated with the last boss so that I feel better :evil:

With all of you guys buying it, nobody is going to come out and vent their frustration with the game? Let me know you were frustrated with the last boss so that I feel better :evil:
Well, I said the last boss was annoying due to the lack of checkpoints. But after maybe half a dozen tries or so, I took him out in one go with no problem. And not much else frustrated me too much.

I was playing on easy, though, which seems to be the way to go with this one. If you're playing on normal or harder, then ya...I can see where you're coming from.

On normal one of the mid bosses took me roughly 50 tries. Last boss was around 25 tries but each try is significantly longer. 

I wouldn't even try to imagine what hard difficulty is like.

Is the LE a slipcase, cardboard box, or just a regular game case with stuff inside?
Regular game case with stuff inside...at least for the ps3 version. From images, looks like the 360 version is the same (but comes with a physical soundtrack instead of digital voucher).

Forgot I had GCU, so had to pick this up from BB.  360 version for physical soundtrack.  

Does anyone know if the Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate DLC would also work with vanilla Dead or Alive?

Last edited by a moderator:
On normal one of the mid bosses took me roughly 50 tries. Last boss was around 25 tries but each try is significantly longer.
I wouldn't even try to imagine what hard difficulty is like.
Anyone who gets 1000G or a Platinum trophy for this game is a goddamn god.

Forgot I had GCU, so had to pick this up from BB. 360 version for physical soundtrack.

Does anyone know if the Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate DLC would also work with vanilla Dead or Alive?
From what I've read, no... The vanilla DLC works in Ultimate but not the other way around. I wish it did, too (I have the vanilla).

Not worth my $10 so I passed entirely. Can't justify these sorts of buys anymore given I barely have any time to play much nowadays, and my backlog is filled with AAA titles ... it's not the $10 so much as that I'd rather spend that on a great game that deserves my money :)

I bought this, beacuse its a hack n slash zombie game for $10. Parts of this game are incredibly enjoyable. Wading through hordes of zombies is a lot of fun. However, the bosses and the sub-boxx charactersare frustrating to the point of wanting to break the disk. One of the bosses took me aout 25 deaths to beat beacuse you die in 3 hits. Fighting Hayabusa at the end is an exercise in futility. It is so incredibly unfair and unfun fighting him. So far I have died to him about 15 times. I stopped playing it there. My gaming time is so  limited that wasting it fighting horribly designed bossesjust isn't worth it.

Big shame, beacuse the hack n slash part of this game is so fun.

I bought this, beacuse its a hack n slash zombie game for $10. Parts of this game are incredibly enjoyable. Wading through hordes of zombies is a lot of fun. However, the bosses and the sub-boxx charactersare frustrating to the point of wanting to break the disk. One of the bosses took me aout 25 deaths to beat beacuse you die in 3 hits. Fighting Hayabusa at the end is an exercise in futility. It is so incredibly unfair and unfun fighting him. So far I have died to him about 15 times. I stopped playing it there. My gaming time is so limited that wasting it fighting horribly designed bossesjust isn't worth it.

Which difficulty?

I bought this, beacuse its a hack n slash zombie game for $10. Parts of this game are incredibly enjoyable. Wading through hordes of zombies is a lot of fun. However, the bosses and the sub-boxx charactersare frustrating to the point of wanting to break the disk. One of the bosses took me aout 25 deaths to beat beacuse you die in 3 hits. Fighting Hayabusa at the end is an exercise in futility. It is so incredibly unfair and unfun fighting him. So far I have died to him about 15 times. I stopped playing it there. My gaming time is so limited that wasting it fighting horribly designed bossesjust isn't worth it.

Seriously, just play on easy difficulty. I know people get all wrapped up in semantics and like to say silly things like "I'm too hardcore to play on anything called easy" or "I won't buy this game if it makes me play on a mode called easy", but why torture yourself with hardcore difficulty instead of just enjoying the game? Especially if your gaming time is so limited you don't want to deal with normal mode.

Just consider easy difficulty (which is challenging but not ridiculously so) to be normal, and the game becomes really fun.

Seriously, just play on easy difficulty. I know people get all wrapped up in semantics and like to say silly things like "I'm too hardcore to play on anything called easy" or "I won't buy this game if it makes me play on a mode called easy", but why torture yourself with hardcore difficulty instead of just enjoying the game? Especially if your gaming time is so limited you don't want to deal with normal mode.

Just consider easy difficulty (which is challenging but not ridiculously so) to be normal, and the game becomes really fun.
Most true Ninja Gaiden players played the series on Master Ninja difficulty. Although challenging, it's very rewarding once you succeeded. You died a hundred times because you sucked, not because the games are cheap. With that in mind, people bought this game, also with the Ninja Gaiden name in the title, hoping to get the same adrenaline by playing on harder difficulties. However, this game is cheap and no fun at all at harder difficulties. You can't really blame people for playing a Ninja Gaiden game on harder difficulties. That's where the series shined and should be played.

I bought this, beacuse its a hack n slash zombie game for $10. Parts of this game are incredibly enjoyable. Wading through hordes of zombies is a lot of fun. However, the bosses and the sub-boxx charactersare frustrating to the point of wanting to break the disk. One of the bosses took me aout 25 deaths to beat beacuse you die in 3 hits. Fighting ... at the end is an exercise in futility. It is so incredibly unfair and unfun fighting him. So far I have died to him about 15 times. I stopped playing it there. My gaming time is so limited that wasting it fighting horribly designed bossesjust isn't worth it.

I was avoiding to say the name because I didn't want to spoil the "story". Anyway, As I said above, took me 50 tries on Normal. That is until I constructed my own cheap method of beating him. If you want to know just give me a PM. I agree that the game is incredibly fun before you meet him. Bad news for you is...he isn't the end, and the last boss is just a little less frustrating.

Somebody acually liked ninja blad a ? o_0, anyway this series needs to end already as it hasn't been good in years
LOL. My thoughts exactly on Ninja Blade. It was a Ninja Gaiden look-alike with God of War gameplay X2.

This series is not ending anytime soon with Koei being the bigger brother of Tecmo. One thing is for sure is that it will never reach the levels of NGB and 2 when in the hands of the current lead. This series will be at best 6/10 for all future releases. I'm looking forward to Bayonetta 2 for my hack n slash fix and Devil's Third to see how the real creator of Ninja Gaiden (reboot) and Dead or Alive does his new IP.

I ordered mine from Best Buy (thanks GCU!), so that anger and frustration is coming your way pal! ;)

Wasn't going to get this, but came across a complete copy with mini comic and soundtrack, came out to be $6.5 + tax w bd coupon and pur. 

Thanks OP for adding another game that I'll not likely play for years.

I do not think I am too hardcore. Hell I suck at games anymore because I don't play enough. My ps3 hadn't been turned on in months before this. I played it on normal specifically because I suck at games anymore. I just hate to lose all the hours I put in having to restart the whole game on easy. I may do that though because non boss parts are super fun.

I do not think I am too hardcore. Hell I suck at games anymore because I don't play enough. My ps3 hadn't been turned on in months before this. I played it on normal specifically because I suck at games anymore. I just hate to lose all the hours I put in having to restart the whole game on easy. I may do that though because non boss parts are super fun.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can adjust the difficulty in the mission select...so it might be worth trying to restart that level via mission select and see if you can drop it to easy.

I was thinking about ordering this from Amazon, as an add-on to reach $35 to get free shipping, but I have a question.

If you make an order on Amazon with one item as a pre-order and one item that is released, do they wait until the pre-order comes out to ship them both in one package, or do they ship them individually as they are available?

I was thinking about ordering this from Amazon, as an add-on to reach $35 to get free shipping, but I have a question.

If you make an order on Amazon with one item as a pre-order and one item that is released, do they wait until the pre-order comes out to ship them both in one package, or do they ship them individually as they are available?
Individually.

So I turned the difficulty down to easy, restarted the mission, and had it beat 10 minutes later. Died once, because I did something stupid fighting him. The difficulty gap between easy and normal is just ridiculous. Playing through chapter 6 on easy was an absolute blast as well. You get to focus on what makes the game fun, massive damage against horrific zombies, and smashing their faces in.

The game is an absolute blast when on easy, well worth $10 to slice up zombies with a sword (and clown machetes).

I was either at the top of my game or got lucky when I played this, because none of the bosses took more than three tries (on normal), but I could tell they absolutely should have. I agree completely about certain bosses feeling cheap and unfun, and at times the traversal sections just felt like a chore. This game certainly has some decent ideas, and when it's not trying too hard, some of the humor/craziness is great (loved all the pickup weapons, Yaiba's single track mind, and the final boss).

Overall, I think Lolipop Chainsaw does "weird ass zombie killing game" better, and Revengeance does "action game that doesn't give a shit" infinitely better, but this was definitely worth playing.

bread's done
Back