Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $22.96 fulfilled by Amazon

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I bought a game where I could be a Yakuza gangsta to play Mahjong and Shogi.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the exciting side missions such as getting an old woman some water so she can take her medication!

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Yakuza is supposed to be a simulation of Japanese life like Shenmue. Take out the side content and it's just a beatemup with bad graphics and collision detection.[/QUOTE]

Bad graphics? You might want to cancel your pre-order for Zelda - Skyward sword since its on the Wii huh?

People are way too critical.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']If people didn't act like douchebags by spouting off an opinion that is by far in the minority and referring to the majority as "idiots ... none of whom have ever played the game yet are commenting like the cuts are 99% of the game" even though most people complaining (myself included) own Yakuza 4 and are longtime fans of the series, there would be no need to call them douchebags.[/QUOTE]

Well if you're gonna call me a douche bag, that would make you the the contents.

[quote name='whoknows']Don't forget the exciting side missions such as getting an old woman some water so she can take her medication![/QUOTE]

Don't forget the exciting mission where you walk all around town taking pictures of lion statues.

When I first heard that I could play as the head of the Japanese mafia, my first thought was, I can't wait to answer some Japanese trivia! Then I heard they cut that out from the American release. I was instantly heartbroken.

So far I am really liking this game. Most of the complaints I hear deal with the side missions of the game which are not related to the story. I do not agree with these complaints however and I find that even mundane tasks such as buying ingredients for a drink or carrying ice cream for some dude can be enjoyable. It is refreshing to have a game that is not purely focused on action. If you need action at all times in your games, then you will likely find the game difficult to get into. The game is definitely not for everyone.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']okay i guess ill just put this in simple terms. It is a great game for a great price. buy it or dont buy it. but i honestly dont think it will get cheaper? Whats your next comment gonna be like? Are you gonna say the s=game sucks and isnt worth over $10?[/QUOTE]

No, let ME put this in simplest terms. It is a great game at a great price but don't make shit up about how it's out of print and super rare and omg look how expensive the old games are.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']When I first heard that I could play as the head of the Japanese mafia, my first thought was, I can't wait to answer some Japanese trivia! Then I heard they cut that out from the American release. I was instantly heartbroken.[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D:D hahaha this had me cracking up XD

I don't think there can ever be a yakuza 3 thread without people mentioning the cuts =(

So I am finally going to break down and buy this game from Amazon since we have been talking about it and I think I would like to try it out. I dont want to pay for shipping though. Anyone have any recomendations to get this above and as close to $25? Are there any non game items on Amazon that may be useful for every day life that you all know of? Seriously... :)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']When I first heard that I could play as the head of the Japanese mafia, my first thought was, I can't wait to answer some Japanese trivia! Then I heard they cut that out from the American release. I was instantly heartbroken.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='wrencrest']So I am finally going to break down and buy this game from Amazon since we have been talking about it and I think I would like to try it out. I dont want to pay for shipping though. Anyone have any recomendations to get this above and as close to $25? Are there any non game items on Amazon that may be useful for every day life that you all know of? Seriously... :)[/QUOTE]

www.filleritem.com ..I personally think you could get the most use out of this (for fire)

but yeah, I'm going to finally going to get this today or tomorrow, can't believe the price has held for so long..

[quote name='token2k6']www.filleritem.com ..I personally think you could get the most use out of this (for fire)

but yeah, I'm going to finally going to get this today or tomorrow, can't believe the price has held for so long..[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the site, I will check it out. And Amazon says they have 600 left in stock, that is why the price has held. In fact that is more than they said they had when I checked yesterday and the day before! Cancellations?

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']I don't think there can ever be a yakuza 3 thread without people mentioning the cuts =([/QUOTE]

No, and why should there be? It needs to be mentioned at least once. It's important to warn people before they buy it. It doesn't have to be beaten to death like in this thread, but people insist on trying to white knight Sega and misrepresent the severity of the cuts.

[quote name='takotchi']No, and why should there be? It needs to be mentioned at least once. It's important to warn people before they buy it. It doesn't have to be beaten to death like in this thread...[/QUOTE]It's pretty much been beaten to death in every single Yakuza 3 thread up to this point. Mentioning it once just acts as the first step down the same path.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's pretty much been beaten to death in every single Yakuza 3 thread up to this point. Mentioning it once just acts as the first step down the same path.[/QUOTE]

Not if people would just leave it alone. Somebody says "they cut out X, Y, Z", you don't need to say "well I don't even like X, so I don't care if it was cut, and if you care, you're just a weeaboo and blah blah blah..." or regurgitate whatever lame excuses Sega made up about why they cut out X.

[quote name='takotchi']Not if people would just leave it alone. Somebody says "they cut out X, Y, Z", you don't need to say "well I don't even like X, so I don't care if it was cut, and if you care, you're just a weeaboo and blah blah blah..." or regurgitate whatever lame excuses Sega made up about why they cut out X.[/QUOTE]I can completely see where you're coming from, but unfortunately that's just not the nature most gaming forums.

[quote name='Thrinn']I can completely see where you're coming from, but unfortunately that's just not the nature of Internet forums.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. :wall:

bread's done
Back