Yes, It Was An Aprils Fool Joke - No, You Aren't A Stolen Goods Trading Suspect

This was one of the best April Fool Jokes I have been a victim of besides the one that Jack Daniels was closing down due to Extreme economic woes...Now that was cruel!!

Good April fools joke:
I am going to die today.

Bad April fools joke:
You are going to die today.

You really don't understand the point of April fools, its to fool someone, not scare the crap out of them.

I have had my IDS ripped off 3 times, and believe me it is not fun proving your innocence.

you're an a-hole Cheapy.

APRIL FOOLS!

I thought it was a really good joke.

Anyone get a chance to read mine? Go search for a betamax HD dvd converter on here or look up my name lol

Definitely the best April Fools prank I've ever seen on a website. I went to the front page looking for it, and was laughing as I started to read it. Nice job, Cheapy and Super Programmer John.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Haha, I was actually like "WTF no I didn't for a second there"...then I thought...I haven't even traded on CAG.[/QUOTE]
You know, I've never traded either so you'd think my b.s. detector would've been working but my mind wasn't quite in April Fool's mode when I saw this and I must admit I was duped.

It was so good that I used it to fool my wife...left it on for her to see it and she started grilling me on it...I told her that I didn't know they were stolen when I bought them at a pawn shop while on the road...it was great...thanks!

Got me big time. The timing was perfect for me as I did my first PSN gameshare the day before (which went through perfectly) and then I thought, "I'm being investigated for that?!?!?! What did I do that was wrong??? I should never have gotten into this gameshare thing!!!!" Well, a second later, I realized the day and was like "fuck you Cheapy! ...And well played!"

I thought a better buzzkill joke would be CheapyD awarding you as a random raffle winner with a unredeemable XBL code for 4000 ms points or please redeem your $100 amazon GC by March 31st courtesy of CAG.

good one though.

The first thing I thought was: "Man, I must be popular. I have 112 comments on being a douchbag" nice. Great April fools super programmer John and CheapyD.

[quote name='100xp']I thought a better buzzkill joke would be CheapyD awarding you as a random raffle winner with a unredeemable XBL code for 4000 ms points or please redeem your $100 amazon GC by March 31st courtesy of CAG.

good one though.[/QUOTE]

People would have been up in arms! :bomb:

[quote name='testudo']Good April fools joke:
I am going to die today.

Bad April fools joke:
You are going to die today.

You really don't understand the point of April fools, its to fool someone, not scare the crap out of them.[/QUOTE]

He sure scared the crap out of me ....you arrogant prick.

My wife had told me about april fools the day before, so i saw that and already knew it was a joke. God one though, i would of been thrown off if i didnt know before hand.

It got me for about a milisecond, but with the spirit of April Fools floating around already, I was like "Yeah, ok, next"

Also, you get a lot of fan mail cheapyd. And I assume thats all just one day's worth?

I bit on this one HARD! Was freaking out and thinking of all kind of crazy possibilities of what could have happened. "why me!" I thought. I started IMing my buddy."dude, you gotta help me out dude!" He wasn't at his computer so I sent cheapyd an email saying wtf and all this. Then, I finally made a new account and the new name popped up on the front page as well. THAT'S when i knew LOL. I know, the last horse finally finishes the race.

With the knowledge I had now I used it to my advantage and pranked my buddy who uses cag sometimes. Got him freaking out pretty good. The BEST April fools joke ever! Once I thought about cheapyd and april fools it was almost to obvious. Totally his style. Thanks for the laughs cheapy.

now i gotta change my sig to

"I got April fooled by cheapyd and all I got to show for it is this lousy signature"

God. You'd think the thread title "Yes, it was a joke" would be explain everything. This is exactly why live CAGCast shows are so bad. At least now you know that next time you do a prank like this you should set up a bogus email account to receive the flood of email.

300 people?!?! I wouldn't have expected that many even if you picked a random day of the year to do it. A well played troll, sir.

Lol, nice grief.

My stomach tightened up for about 2 seconds, and then I laughed.
Of course, I've never traded/sold anything either, but I'm sure you had lots of people going.

I freaked out for a second, but then, I remembered it was April Fools. As a test, I logged out and saw that the message didn't appear. Ha! I was not fooled!

bread's done
Back