Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='RenoTurk11']She wants too much man. Already tried lol.[/QUOTE]

She has a big n64 bundle and a decent size Dreamcast bundle. Also a SNES bundle.
She said some dude offered her $3k for all 3 lots and she turned it down. Do you think that is ridiculous or is she crazy for turning it down? She said she wants $5k lol..
N64 bundle:
http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/3610424485.html

Dreamcast:
http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/3612110622.html

SNES:
http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/3610397910.html

She said she wants to pay for her son's college. And said in 10 years this stuff will be worth SOOOOOOOOOOO much more. Thoughts on this? Lol.. I prob would of sold it in an instant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have around 50 backup games all in seperate blank disks almost all the best dream cast games like power stone 2, Shenmue,mr driller,marvel vs. capcom, a lot more & they work

Report her for selling burned games, tell her in 10 years when she gets out of prison she can see if those games are still worth money or if her son graduated college or became a druggie after going to prison.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']She has a big n64 bundle and a decent size Dreamcast bundle.
She said some dude offered her $3k for all 3 lots and she turned it down. Do you think that is ridiculous or is she crazy for turning it down? She said she wants $5k lol..
N64 bundle:

Dreamcast:

She said she wants to pay for her son's college. And said in 10 years this stuff will be worth SOOOOOOOOOOO much more. Thoughts on this? Lol.. I prob would of sold it in an instant.[/QUOTE]

Her son will probably regret it once he gets his degree and realizes there a dime a dozen and he can't land a job in the field he majored in.

I'd keep the games and make my kid pay his way through community college, then make fun of him after for not being able to get into a university.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/3558068153.html

HA HA HA
GameShark for GameBoy Color, Pocket / LANCE ARMSTRONG FOR GAMEBOY - $30 (Manalapan)

3M73L13He5Lf5I65K9d1j117111e8e5ac127b.jpg

Classic cheat code device - mess with any of your games, put your Pokémon on steroids. Price negotiable.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']She has a big n64 bundle and a decent size Dreamcast bundle.
N64 bundle:

Dreamcast:

She said she wants to pay for her son's college. And said in 10 years this stuff will be worth SOOOOOOOOOOO much more. Thoughts on this? Lol.. I prob would of sold it in an instant.[/QUOTE]

This was the SNES Bundle:

Lady is seriously overvaluing her stuff though

jus becus ppl make mistake doenst mean they r "stupid" some1 call me stupid on craiglist 1nce becus they say i sell stuf overpriec and then i show em price online and they apologise and say they iddnt realise it. i ended up not selled item but i learn a lesson an he learn a lesson.

[quote name='www.pepsi.com']jus becus ppl make mistake doenst mean they r "stupid" some1 call me stupid on craiglist 1nce becus they say i sell stuf overpriec and then i show em price online and they apologise and say they iddnt realise it. i ended up not selled item but i learn a lesson an he learn a lesson.[/QUOTE]

Oh god, you're back.

If that chick wants so much she should take it to Ebay. Noone browsing CL is gonna pay that much, theyre lookin for deals not retail......or even over retail price in many cases.

[quote name='juangrande386']If that chick wants so much she should take it to Ebay. Noone browsing CL is gonna pay that much, theyre lookin for deals not retail......or even over retail price in many cases.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I said...
People on CL are off their rockers most of the time

[quote name='RenoTurk11']She has a big n64 bundle and a decent size Dreamcast bundle. Also a SNES bundle.
N64 bundle:

Dreamcast:

SNES:

I saw the same thing on CL and thought her prices were ridiculous as well! Nice to see some central nj CAGS though!

[quote name='RPGamer246']I saw the same thing on CL and thought her prices were ridiculous as well! Nice to see some central nj CAGS though![/QUOTE]

Hamilton NJ CAG here!! This lady is nuts.. She won't part out the bundles AT all, even after I told her she'd get more..

Perth amboy, nj cag here! and Yeah, I would've loved some of those GameCube games she had, and a friend of mine wanted some of her stuff too! I did score luigis mansion, double dash and metroid prime for $25 on Craigslist yesterday, pretty pleased with that

You know, weirdly this sort of insanity seems to work both ways where people's perception of value isn't necessarily based on anything real. Speaking from my days working retail, it seemed that people cared less about what they were actually paying and more about how much they were "saving". So if you told them a TV was $800 off they were really happy even though it was $200 cheaper on amazon. Seems like people think you should care how much they paid for it or want for it. It's like for some people prices are completely relative.

[quote name='shadyfozzie']Hamilton NJ CAG here!! This lady is nuts.. She won't part out the bundles AT all, even after I told her she'd get more..[/QUOTE]

Wow we are neighbors man. I'm in Lawrence.

[quote name='yantelope']:shock: I don't even.....[/QUOTE]
To be fair, for many people outside of the gaming circle, "Nintendo" and "video game" are interchangeable. Although it may sound incredibly stupid to us because it is our hobby, it can be a simple mistake for someone who hears mention of Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo GameBoy, Nintendo DS, etc. throughout the years.

[quote name='ZombieToast']To be fair, for many people outside of the gaming circle, "Nintendo" and "video game" are interchangeable. Although it may sound incredibly stupid to us because it is our hobby, it can be a simple mistake for someone who hears mention of Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo GameBoy, Nintendo DS, etc. throughout the years.[/QUOTE]

Yes, true, but that doesn't explain the $442 price tag.

[quote name='yantelope']Yes, true, but that doesn't explain the $442 price tag.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I didn't even notice that. I tend to not look at prices in Craigslist ads because it seems like, more often than not, people just slap on arbitrary numbers and hope that someone will call for more info. If the person actually wants $442, then yeah, that's a bit nutty. You could chalk it up to being another aspect of being completely ignorant to the gaming scene, but even so, that's a lot of money for any old electronic.

[quote name='Hemi']... What if they are wearing goggles???[/QUOTE]
Unless they are wearing a gas mask, it will still be relatively effective because pepper spray affects any area with mucous membranes. So, they won't be blinded, but they may have a hard time breathing. At the very least, it should stun them long enough for you to get some distance.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Unless they are wearing a gas mask, it will still be relatively effective because pepper spray affects any area with mucous membranes. So, they won't be blinded, but they may have a hard time breathing. At the very least, it should stun them long enough for you to get some distance.[/QUOTE]

but havent you heard instead of carrying a gun and killing the rapist you should merely hope pepper spray does the job

[quote name='kayne2000']but havent you heard instead of carrying a gun and killing the rapist you should merely hope pepper spray does the job[/QUOTE]

the point of pepper spray is it is a non lethal weapon. However that being said, self defense classes would be better in my opinion, you may not always have that mace / it could malfunction / be empty.

[quote name='Kovorkian']the point of pepper spray is it is a non lethal weapon. However that being said, self defense classes would be better in my opinion, you may not always have that mace / it could malfunction / be empty.[/QUOTE]

P.S. Mace is illegal.

MInt Xbox 360 black 20 gb bundle with games COD, HALO...BEST OFFER (United States)

3n03I23N85Na5Ie5E5d2le72b903f9abd1b4a.jpg

Comes with a variety of games including many call of duty's halos and assassins creed and more... Also comes with two wireless controllers... I took excellent care of it the only reason Im selling is because I use my PC more now Total Value is is over 1k this is a AMAZING DEAL

Yeah, if this was 2009...

Super Nintendo 13 games and extras - $200 (Woodbridge)

3K23Ff3Hb5I95N35J6d2k967ddd7125cd1ec3.jpg

I have a Super Nintendo system with 13 games , 2 SNES controllers , an aftermarket controller , new style AV cables , and a game genie.
I just tested everything, and all the games and the genie works. The only thing i couldn't figure out was the aftermarket controller, it has 5 switches on it, and each switch has 3 positions. They are for slow motion, auto fire and other things. I was going to lookup online to see how its supposed to work, but i didn't. Not sure why it wouldn't work. But there are 2 other controllers, and they both work.
It has the original RF switch to use with the old cable input on the TV.
I also have the A/V ( yellow / white / red ) wire for the newer TVs , and better quality. This is the same from a nintendo 64.
It has the AC cord.
Game genie works, but no book. I just did a quick google search and found codes as I was playing it before. They were all online. There is a switch on the genie, make sure its on.

The games are:

Desert Strike ( i have 2 copies, but didnt include the extra in the 13 could, so its really 14 )
Super Battletank: war in the gulf
Rise of the robots
UN Squadron
Super Mario world
Killer Instinct
Vegas Stakes
The death and return of Superman
Super Mario Kart
Skiiing and snowboarding Tommy Moe's Winter extreme
NHL '94
NFL Quarterback Club
Madden 98

I found out some of these games are pretty rare, and a few were over 25 on EBAY.
Any questions, please ask.
I will remove when it sells, like my other listings.
Hurry before its gone.
Thanks for looking

[quote name='elessar123']P.S. Mace is illegal.[/QUOTE]

Mace is often interchanged with pepper spray in the State of Pennsylvania, carrying pepper spray/ mace is perfectly legal (so long as it is not used offensively ) where as carrying an extendable baton is not.

PA offensive weapons

[quote name='elessar123']P.S. Mace is illegal.[/QUOTE]
Only some Mace products are restricted from the general product. Their pepper spray is legal in all 50 states while some products are meant only for police use. It's important to keep in mind that Mace is actually a company that makes a variety of defensive items; it itself is not a product.

[quote name='Artrigis']Lol.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/3634789800.html

I think this guy spent more money on accessories than games.[/QUOTE]
Nah, every accessory in that picture can be purchased for roughly $30.

Everytime I go to craigslist, most people want a ridiculous sum of money for thier old Sega Genesis or NES games. This guy has a Sega Genesis and 17 games, all common *maybe not hyperstone heist but STILL- *, and asking for $125. It really gets annoying after awhile. All these people think their stuff is worth this much..

http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/3640554717.html
I mean really? Come on..
"sega genesis system and 17 games - $125 (freehold, nj)

I have a Sega Genesis 16 Bit system with three controllers and the following games:

Super Street Fighter II
Acme All Stars
Disney's Aladdin
NBA Jam
Jurassic Park
Sonic 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Hyper Stone Heist
Sonic 2
The Adventures of Rocky anf Bullwinkle and Friends
Jordan vs. Bird
Sonic Spinball
Sonic and Knuckles
Fantasia
Cool spot
Star Trek The next Generation Echos from the Past
Sonic the Hedgehog Mega Bomberman
Sports Talk Football starring Joe Montana

Are you interested? The system is in excellent condition and all the games are in perfect working order.

Thanks."

Just to play devil's advocate for once, I help a few people who buy and sell cars do Craigslist ads and we always list the price at $500-$1000 over what we're looking for just because 90% of the people who will call/text/email lead with: "Will you take (50% of what you're asking)". After a while you'll get someone who is somewhat reasonable, but they still lowball then slowly start working towards your price. If you price way over, then you can sell stuff for close to what you want because people think they're getting some amazing deal when they "talk you down" a few hundred dollars.

One time I had a work truck up for $8,000 (which was below the KBB values and more than reasonable) and a guy called and said the pictures look like the truck has some dents in the body and wanted to know if I would take $2,000 cash. I just hung up on him. If you ever start selling stuff on Craigslist, you'll quickly find out that the buyers on there are a million times worse than the idiots we laugh at in this thread.

[quote name='blindinglights']Just to play devil's advocate for once, I help a few people who buy and sell cars do Craigslist ads and we always list the price at $500-$1000 over what we're looking for just because 90% of the people who will call/text/email lead with: "Will you take (50% of what you're asking)". After a while you'll get someone who is somewhat reasonable, but they still lowball then slowly start working towards your price. If you price way over, then you can sell stuff for close to what you want because people think they're getting some amazing deal when they "talk you down" a few hundred dollars.

One time I had a work truck up for $8,000 (which was below the KBB values and more than reasonable) and a guy called and said the pictures look like the truck has some dents in the body and wanted to know if I would take $2,000 cash. I just hung up on him. If you ever start selling stuff on Craigslist, you'll quickly find out that the buyers on there are a million times worse than the idiots we laugh at in this thread.[/QUOTE]

No. Most of the people we laugh at deserve it. A Nintendo NES with 4 games for $200? Your NES is not rare and neither are the games included. When I message these people, they say NO LOWBALLERS- $175 MIN. I just shake my head.
So YES, these people deserved to get laughed at. Most of them aren't overpricing their stuff just to get people to offer them a price which they "really want" which is a little lower. These people are usually delusional and actually believe this stuff is worth THAT much money.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']No. Most of the people we laugh at deserve it. A Nintendo NES with 4 games for $200? Your NES is not rare and neither are the games included. When I message these people, they say NO LOWBALLERS- $175 MIN. I just shake my head.
So YES, these people deserved to get laughed at. Most of them aren't overpricing their stuff just to get people to offer them a price which they "really want" which is a little lower. These people are usually delusional and actually believe this stuff is worth THAT much money.[/QUOTE]
But it's an NES-001!

bread's done
Back