Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='yantelope']"I have about 900$ into it but i don't play anymore and im looking to get rid of it"

So basically he got a girlfriend and she's making him get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

lol, sounds about right.

[quote name='yantelope']"I have about 900$ into it but i don't play anymore and im looking to get rid of it"

So basically he got a girlfriend and she's making him get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

i never understand this logic.....man is completely himself....gets girlfriend then ditches everything about his old self....then IF they break up he goes crawling back to his original self. yep sounds healthy enough. i understand the desire to get laid and all but still

i put a post for a 100 dollars for a 320gb hdd for 360. i did also list some accessories i had for sale as well. you would not believe how many retards offered 100 for the full lot which retailed at over 300 dollars. i my post i made it very clear what was listed with prices.

is it not clear?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/vgm/3714703427.html

i even told the dude i was willing to let it go sans the headset for 200 cash. and no response.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']lol had to email him:

PS Vita Black Ops bundle with 4gb card $250
Resistance Burning Skies $25
Uncharted Golden Abyss $35
Mortal Kombat $20
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation $40
PS Vita Starter Kit $30

Total $400 brand new, why the hell would anyone pay $600 used from you? HAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

Hah, he deleted his listing :lol:

XBOX 360 GAMES WITH REMOTE AND CONTROLLERS - $150 (PLANO)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/vgm/3707316352.html

3K53I53H45N75K85Hbd3r7fb56a9e6de61c00.jpg

ALL GAMES MINT CONDITION ADULT OWNED

4 CONTROLLERS COME WITH THE SCENE IT PARTY GAME

ALSO XBOX 360 REMOTE FOR MOVIES OR TV.

PLUS ALL GAMES IN PICTURE

469-xxx-xxxx

CASH ONLY NO TRADES NO EMAILS

THANKS

Nintendo and Super Nintendo Games Wanted: Make some extra $$$$ - $1 (Oak Harbor)
Sell your old games for cash.
Look around your house and if you have any of these games, in decent condition, I will pay:
NES:
Gun-Nac ($10)
Bubble Bobble Part 2 ($20)
Operation Secret Storm ($15)
Dragon Fighter ($15)
Contra Force ($10)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighter $8
Bomberman 2 ($5)
Racermate Challenge 2 ($10)
Cheetah Men 2 ($15)
Duck Tales 2 ($10)
Chip And Dale Rescue Rangers 2 ($10)

SNES:
Super Mario RPG ($7)
Secret of Mana ($5)
Aero Fighters ($10)
Earthbound ($20)
Wild Guns ($15)
Metal Warriors ($15)
Megaman X3 ($10)
Megaman X2 ($10)

http://skagit.craigslist.org/wan/3724081553.html

[quote name='pollmonster']Nintendo and Super Nintendo Games Wanted: Make some extra $$$$ - $1 (Oak Harbor)
Look around your house and if you have any of these games, in decent condition, I will pay:
NES:
Gun-Nac ($10)
Dragon Fighter ($15)
Contra Force ($10)
Bomberman 2 ($5)
Cheetah Men 2 ($15)
Duck Tales 2 ($10)

SNES:
Super Mario RPG ($7)
Secret of Mana ($5)
Aero Fighters ($10)
Earthbound ($20)
Wild Guns ($15)
Metal Warriors ($15)
Megaman X3 ($10)
Megaman X2 ($10)

http://skagit.craigslist.org/wan/3724081553.html[/QUOTE]
Should repost and just up every price they have listed by $1.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3725863124.html

slim xbox 360 250gb 60 games - kinect sensor - $1800 (Watertown WI)

Perfect condition system, barely played - firm price this is bundle package....call or text - Jon - 920 - 342 - four two five eight

By the way, its 60 games including xbla games and every actual game is a shitty $5-10 game. $1800 firm, lololol

[quote name='tokyostomp']i put a post for a 100 dollars for a 320gb hdd for 360. i did also list some accessories i had for sale as well. you would not believe how many retards offered 100 for the full lot which retailed at over 300 dollars. i my post i made it very clear what was listed with prices.

is it not clear?

i even told the dude i was willing to let it go sans the headset for 200 cash. and no response.[/QUOTE]

You expect too much from craigslist shoppers. Also people dont go on craigslist to pay near retail for new items.

[quote name='jer7583']http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3725863124.html

slim xbox 360 250gb 60 games - kinect sensor - $1800 (Watertown WI)

Perfect condition system, barely played - firm price this is bundle package....call or text - Jon - 920 - 342 - four two five eight

By the way, its 60 games including xbla games and every actual game is a shitty $5-10 game. $1800 firm, lololol[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt call every game he has there a bad game. he has some solid games. sure the 1800 dollar price is absolutely insane but he does have some good games.

[quote name='kayne2000']i wouldnt call every game he has there a bad game. he has some solid games. sure the 1800 dollar price is absolutely insane but he does have some good games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah on second glance some newer titles are there too, but he would be lucky to get $400 realistically. 360 stuff is about to fall off a cliff in price and demand shortly.

Also,

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3691259468.html

Nice photo, douche! Thanks for pricing your shitty games down to the penny of e pricecharting website..

I accept payment in cash and paypal and if you are local I will accept your personal check or money order.

If you would like the items shipped then add $5 to the total. I will add it onto the invoice for you.
My price for each game is based on the chart at the following website, http://videogames.pricecharting.com/console/xbox?sort-by=name

The below listed prices are negotiable.

Playstation 2
$2.33 Used Smack Down vs Raw 2006
$1.72 Used Resident Evil CODE:Veronica
$1.93 Used Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance

XBOX
$0.87 Used Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
$9.48 Unused Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
$3.21 Used Painkiller Hell Wars
$1.92 Used Destroy All Humans
$15.40 Unused Splinter Cell (Stealth Action Redefined, Highest score ever 9.6 -XBOX magazine
$17.51 Unused SEGA GT 2002
$5.95 Need for Speed Underground 2
$38.46 Lightly Used Starwars Battlefront II

I am not sure how he got at $17.51 for sega gt and $15.40 for splinter cell..

On second viewing, there are still half price books clearance stickers on those cases! Great ad, a+ job

[quote name='Taken4life']http://delaware.craigslist.org/wan/3696487837.html

Sign me up! I always wanted the perfect situation to get myself killed.... -.-' .... this ones just creepy,[/QUOTE]
That actually doesn't strike me as all that bad. There's a number of people out there who like exploring abandoned structures (and take some neat photos) and it's not something you want to do alone. Fall through a weak floor two stories up and land on a heap of busted cinder blocks and you'll wish you had a friend with you to seek help.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i put a post for a 100 dollars for a 320gb hdd for 360. i did also list some accessories i had for sale as well. you would not believe how many retards offered 100 for the full lot which retailed at over 300 dollars. i my post i made it very clear what was listed with prices.

is it not clear?

i even told the dude i was willing to let it go sans the headset for 200 cash. and no response.[/QUOTE]

Why do I feel like you cashed out a bunch of points on ExpertZone and are flipping the stuff? If so, not cool. If not, disregard this post.

[quote name='pollmonster']Nintendo and Super Nintendo Games Wanted: Make some extra $$$$ - $1 (Oak Harbor)
NES:
Gun-Nac ($10)
Dragon Fighter ($15)
Contra Force ($10)
Bomberman 2 ($5)
Cheetah Men 2 ($15)
Duck Tales 2 ($10)

SNES:
Super Mario RPG ($7)
Secret of Mana ($5)
Aero Fighters ($10)
Earthbound ($20)
Wild Guns ($15)
Metal Warriors ($15)
Megaman X3 ($10)
Megaman X2 ($10)

i haz all dez i can get munnies? sold!

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Guy texted me asking what the lowest I'd take for an item. "$40"
5 minutes later "would you take $25?" Seriously?[/QUOTE]
That shit drives me crazy. Maybe this haggling tactic works on other people, but if I tell someone that my minimum is $40, it means $39.99 and under are off the table!

[quote name='ZombieToast']That shit drives me crazy. Maybe this haggling tactic works on other people, but if I tell someone that my minimum is $40, it means $39.99 and under are off the table![/QUOTE]

Yeah. One guy pulled a fast one on me on a TV I was selling. I said $300 firm and he agreed. When he got there he only had $282. I was tempted to walk off, but I really wanted the TV off my hands and honestly I would have taken $275 if he would have offered initially. Either way, definitely was annoyed that he couldn't tell me before I made the trip out there that he was short on cash.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Yeah. One guy pulled a fast one on me on a TV I was selling. I said $300 firm and he agreed. When he got there he only had $282. I was tempted to walk off, but I really wanted the TV off my hands and honestly I would have taken $275 if he would have offered initially. Either way, definitely was annoyed that he couldn't tell me before I made the trip out there that he was short on cash.[/QUOTE]
I often get folks who try to re-negotiate on the spot. When I say I'm leaving they usually fork up the agreed upon amount. Only time I had to truly walk was with a NIB netbook (the ones Target had one clearance for ~$125 a couple years back). Agreed on $200, he tried to give $175 so I left. Some times with odd amounts (not multiples of 10 or 20) I've taken $5 or so less because I didn't have change. Worked the other way around too where they didn't have change and I kept the overage.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Guy texted me asking what the lowest I'd take for an item. "$40"

I get so many people writing me like this in my area. Im like seriously are you fucking stupid? I clearly stated in my post $40 solid dont txt me wasting my time.

Ive had worst and best luck with craigslist.... Lately it seems like everyone is a bunch of cheap fucks, Ive gotten to the point where I tell people to fuck off, If your not gonna pay what I ask simply do yourself the favor and go pay retail for it.

NES:
Gun-Nac ($10)
Dragon Fighter ($15)
Contra Force ($10)
Bomberman 2 ($5)
Cheetah Men 2 ($15)
Duck Tales 2 ($10)

SNES:
Super Mario RPG ($7)
Secret of Mana ($5)
Aero Fighters ($10)
Earthbound ($20)
Wild Guns ($15)
Metal Warriors ($15)
Megaman X3 ($10)
Megaman X2 ($10)

Sheesh, I'm tempted to try this too.

I saw a post selling a 2600 with a few common games and he "just wants to get rid of it asap, I am moving and cant take it with me"

His price? Well of course you already know; $800! If that is his "just get rid of it" price then I would hate to see his "retail" price! I emailed him and let him know what the actual value is, and I can only assume his response will be something like "no thanks I'll just keep it".

Seriously where do people come up with these prices?!

[quote name='crows in black']I saw a post selling a 2600 with a few common games and he "just wants to get rid of it asap, I am moving and cant take it with me"

His price? Well of course you already know; $800! If that is his "just get rid of it" price then I would hate to see his "retail" price! I emailed him and let him know what the actual value is, and I can only assume his response will be something like "no thanks I'll just keep it".

Seriously where do people come up with these prices?![/QUOTE]

Usually, their reasoning is
1) It's Vintage, so it must be worth a lot! There are a bunch of collectors out there, so someone will buy it!
2) Saw it listed on Ebay.
3) Storage Hunters, Storage Wars, etc.

[quote name='yantelope']"I am not selling it to anyone from out of the state of pa. I will ship it to people in pa and thats it. "

Not racist but stateist? so confused.[/QUOTE]

:applause::lol:

Happens to me all the time on there. Someone will make an offer of $125. I say no. A day later they offer $100. I say no. A day later they offer $75 and I block them.

[quote name='yantelope']"I am not selling it to anyone from out of the state of pa. I will ship it to people in pa and thats it. "

Not racist but stateist? so confused.[/QUOTE]

Probably stolen property. Crazy to ask $200 for it.

[quote name='Calipso']Probably stolen property. Crazy to ask $200 for it.[/QUOTE]

Not automatically a federal crime if it doesn't cross state lines... so you're probably right.

Craigslist is always legit tho as far as finding stuff you need.(when you don't want to wait for shipping) or getting rid of things lying around after you have upgraded etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sp00ge']Not automatically a federal crime if it doesn't cross state lines... so you're probably right.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense. Seems like kind of a big red flag though.

[quote name='Lord Darias']http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3732903240.html

$375?[/QUOTE]

So, FWIW when I watch Market Warriors they always ask first off "what is your best price on this?" The seller will always say something, "$75" and then the buyer will say "man I was hoping to do $40" and they go from there. I think a lot of people post stuff like that knowing they're willing to go much lower and hoping a sucker might actually take them up on it. I think that's also why you see a lot of people lowballing you after you tell them what your lowest price is. My advice would be never actually tell someone what your lowest price is.

[quote name='yantelope']So, FWIW when I watch Market Warriors they always ask first off "what is your best price on this?" The seller will always say something, "$75" and then the buyer will say "man I was hoping to do $40" and they go from there. I think a lot of people post stuff like that knowing they're willing to go much lower and hoping a sucker might actually take them up on it. I think that's also why you see a lot of people lowballing you after you tell them what your lowest price is. My advice would be never actually tell someone what your lowest price is.[/QUOTE]

I sell on Craigslist quite a bit and price my stuff about $15-$25 over what I'll take. Not $200...I was just like WOW, $375 for an almost obsolete system with 5 games...Especially since I bought my Wii for $40 on craigslist a year ago...

bread's done
Back