Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

I just found this post stupid. Dunno why...

http://rochester.craigslist.org/vgm/3752554956.html

Xbox 360 With Everything U need !

Im am selling a New slim Xbox 360 . I upgraded from an xbox elite to this slim one 3 months ago . I'm selling it because i dont feel the need of gaming any more . The XBOX 360 works perfect and it brings a hard drive with 250 GB . Its Brings :
Call of duty : Black ops
Call of duty black ops 2
Call of duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of duty modern warfare 3
Battle Field 3 ( Both Multiplayer and Campaign Disc )
Xbox live Arcade
Skate 3
NBA 2k10
Grand Theft Auto IV ( downloaded in the Hard drive )

The Xbox 360 Also Bring 2 pairs of turtle beaches Headset , one of them are the XLC and the other ones are X11 .
It also brings an extra Disc Drive that i bought for just in case the Xbox disc drive would get messed up someday .
Last thing it brings is 2 controllers . One Controller is rapid Fire Modded colored chrome , The other remote is wired and its see through .

I bought all this things around 700 to 800 dollars But im Selling it for 400 $ . I will only cosider trading for an iphone 4s with 200 or maybe less cash trow in !
My Number is 585 xxx xxxx Call or reply to this post if your interested .

Maybe because he bought a second DVD drive? Or possibly even because he wants to trade for an iPhone 4S plus $200, lol.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']lol wut http://pennstate.craigslist.org/vgm/3747516461.html

"Here's The deal, you pay ME to get YOU trophies for you PSN account. You play a flat fee for a certain number of trophies, and I guarantee a certain number of bronze, silver, gold, and platinum trophies. This way you get the trophies but I do the work. It's 100% safe and this isn't a scam, it's for real.
25 Trophies- $25
35 Trophies-$30-(possible platinum!)
50 Trophies-$45 with one guaranteed platinum and 5 guaranteed golds (plus other trophies up to 50 including other golds)"
[/QUOTE]

does anybody in the world give enough of a shit about trophies to pay anyone any amount of money, let alone allow someone into their house for any amount of time to allow them to get trophies for them??

I am literally feeling sick after reading this ad

[quote name='jer7583']does anybody in the world give enough of a shit about trophies to pay anyone any amount of money, let alone allow someone into their house for any amount of time to allow them to get trophies for them??

I am literally feeling sick after reading this ad[/QUOTE]

He could just download their profile... I assume that is what he meant by that, lol.

[quote name='StryderOmega']He could just download their profile... I assume that is what he meant by that, lol.[/QUOTE]

that sounds safe

[quote name='jer7583']that sounds safe[/QUOTE]
It's perfectly safe. In fact all he needs is your social security number to guarantee trophies for life.

[quote name='Relentless Sheep']It's perfectly safe. In fact all he needs is your social security number to guarantee trophies for life.[/QUOTE]

sacrifices must be made in order to get maximum trophies(the elixir of life)

[quote name='vantheman']This isn't craigslist, but I did not find an ebay stupidity thread. http://www.ebay.com/itm/xbox-code-/121097438474?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c31f8450a
I can't believe this guy thinks people will buy this....[/QUOTE]
It's listed as a prepaid card. If you get anything other than that, you just report him and get your money back plus whatever code he sent. My plan is foolproof.

[quote name='jer7583']does anybody in the world give enough of a shit about trophies to pay anyone any amount of money, let alone allow someone into their house for any amount of time to allow them to get trophies for them??

I am literally feeling sick after reading this ad[/QUOTE]
Yes, some people do give enough of a shit. Folks hack/mod their consoles/profiles or buy software like Xploder just so they get achievements and trophies with minimal effort. If story-based DLC comes out for a game and it doesn't have achievements, some people won't even buy it. It's completely mind-boggling to me.

[quote name='ZombieToast']It's listed as a prepaid card. If you get anything other than that, you just report him and get your money back plus whatever code he sent. My plan is foolproof.

Yes, some people do give enough of a shit. Folks hack/mod their consoles/profiles or buy software like Xploder just so they get achievements and trophies with minimal effort. If story-based DLC comes out for a game and it doesn't have achievements, some people won't even buy it. It's completely mind-boggling to me.[/QUOTE]

Woah, so you're implying some people actually BUY DLC?

you just boggled my mind.

[quote name='yantelope']Wow, how many Xbox codes are even worth $20? So stupid.[/QUOTE]

You mean actually worth $20? Very little.

How many DLC codes that have gone for $20 or more? Lots.

Coming to mind of recent memory, Bayonetta DLC for Anarchy Reigns and that armor for Halo 4.

[quote name='ZombieToast']It's listed as a prepaid card. If you get anything other than that, you just report him and get your money back plus whatever code he sent. My plan is foolproof.

Yes, some people do give enough of a shit. Folks hack/mod their consoles/profiles or buy software like Xploder just so they get achievements and trophies with minimal effort. If story-based DLC comes out for a game and it doesn't have achievements, some people won't even buy it. It's completely mind-boggling to me.[/QUOTE]

So stupid...:wall:

I'm really tempted to ask him if anyone has actually done this :lol:

[quote name='spamfree2']Nintendo ds lite case - $65 (Carrollton)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/vgm/3750303988.html

3L93M23J45L75O15Hcd4he5448d21472810af.jpg

I have an awesome ds lite case for sale
This one is great for a glamorous little girl!

I'm asking 65 just cost 50 bucks to make
Will bargain
214XXXXXXXX[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl: hahahhhaha, WTF???!!! I'm dying right now.

I think what's sad is how I looked for a used old fat Xbox to buy, now here's what I think is stupid, a new one is 110$ but it's hard to find a new one anymore, so I go on craigslist by some magical power people think "oh it's old so it's vintage and I can get more " no you can't sorry. I saw a 20gb fat old Xbox with 2 old controllers worn out mind you for 130$ no I'm sorry that's not how we price things, it was more like 70$ maybe 60$. And another one is borderlands 2 for 35$ best buy has it for the same price hell it would be easier just to go to best buy, you gotta grab people's attention, now 25$ or 20$ now we are cooking

[quote name='omgmoosetracks']I think what's sad is how I looked for a used old fat Xbox to buy, now here's what I think is stupid, a new one is 110$ but it's hard to find a new one anymore, so I go on craigslist by some magical power people think "oh it's old so it's vintage and I can get more " no you can't sorry. I saw a 20gb fat old Xbox with 2 old controllers worn out mind you for 130$ no I'm sorry that's not how we price things, it was more like 70$ maybe 60$. And another one is borderlands 2 for 35$ best buy has it for the same price hell it would be easier just to go to best buy, you gotta grab people's attention, now 25$ or 20$ now we are cooking[/QUOTE]

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3753674995.html

Here's an Xbox for you. Kinda looks like a Gamecube though...:)

[quote name='SlammedNiss']WTF?

http://wichita.craigslist.org/wan/3754578689.html

I want you to wright me a story

3Gd3F93Nc5L15N85Eed4j7d468b7b25931877.jpg

hi i am Kevin. am not going to publish the story or do anything fancy with it. i just love reading short stories and i thought it would be fun to have other people basically tell me a story. i wouldn't criticize them or say they are terrible because most likely i will love them.
[/QUOTE]

didnt think anything would top the pay me to earn you trophies ad....well played craigslist well played.

[quote name='Relentless Sheep']All that's missing is an X on top............[/QUOTE]

and some green and black paint.

Free PlayStation 3 (oak cliff)
I am moving to another location and i am giving away my ex boyfriends playstation 3 for free. I dont know how to play so i dont need it. My address is xxx W. Page Ave. Dallas Tx 75208. I will leave the playstation on my porch. Please dont knock my children are sleeping. Just take the games and playstation and go. Will not hold. Im leaving it on porch tonight so first come first serve.

** This was posted at 12:30AM .. If you don't know that area of Oak Cliff ... Click on the link below and zoom out a little bit. Pretty scary area to be wandering around especially at night. I'd be scared to go during the day.

http://spotcrime.com/tx/dallas/oak+cliff

[quote name='ZombieToast']Some people even preorder it![/QUOTE]

I am fine with free incentive DLC
I am personally disgusted with most DLC, ESPECIALLY Assassin's creed II Sequences 12 & 13 I believer had to be purchased so they sold an incomplete game to you and expected you to pay more for the whole thing.

That's like selling me a Car and then saying for $50 here's the Gas tank! Or with Capcom, pay me $100 to use the stereo!

However if the DLC is more like like something unneeded but nice to have (e.g. a/c, power windows et cetera then it is not so bad, specifically if it was developed post release

Back on Topic:

$300 for a working ps1 2 broken ps1's and 7 games

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/vgm/3725827337.html

all can be had for less than $100 on a bad day

[quote name='spamfree2']Free PlayStation 3 (oak cliff)
I am moving to another location and i am giving away my ex boyfriends playstation 3 for free. I dont know how to play so i dont need it. My address is xxx W. Page Ave. Dallas Tx 75208. I will leave the playstation on my porch. Please dont knock my children are sleeping. Just take the games and playstation and go. Will not hold. Im leaving it on porch tonight so first come first serve.

** This was posted at 12:30AM .. If you don't know that area of Oak Cliff ... Click on the link below and zoom out a little bit. Pretty scary area to be wandering around especially at night. I'd be scared to go during the day.

http://spotcrime.com/tx/dallas/oak+cliff[/QUOTE]

1. innocent guy shows up to claim free PS3
2. jealous ex-boyfriend shows up at time of guy claiming PS3
3. ex bf thinks the guy who showed up is sleeping with his ex AND STEALING his PS3
4. innocent guy who came to claim PS3 has a baaaaaaaaad time

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']1. innocent guy shows up to claim free PS3
2. jealous ex-boyfriend shows up at time of guy claiming PS3
3. ex bf thinks the guy who showed up is sleeping with his ex AND STEALING his PS3
4. innocent guy who came to claim PS3 has a baaaaaaaaad time[/QUOTE]

Nah. Looking at the map that was posted, I'm guessing the person who posted used a random address in that neighborhood, and when the person/people show up, their asses are getting robbed/shot by someone waiting in the shadows.

besides ITS A TRAP meme being appropriate here. i question the intelligence of anyone that cant figure out to use a playstation or that she cant figure out she can sell it or why said ex-boyfriend would leave a ps3....i mean if you arent going to be getting sex theres no reason not to video game.

can we hurry up and invent a "only kills stupid people virus"

Good way to get the shit beat out of you when her jealous x BF comes up at the same time you're getting the PS3.

Not to mention consider she is stating at the same time that it's not hers. You are actually taking possession of stolen property knowingly.

It's the equivalent of giving out your roomates possessions away because you got mad at them and trying to be spiteful. You could face criminal charges or get caught up in the middle of a police report.

[quote name='sp00ge']Nah. Looking at the map that was posted, I'm guessing the person who posted used a random address in that neighborhood, and when the person/people show up, their asses are getting robbed/shot by someone waiting in the shadows.[/QUOTE]

If I had a CCW and a few friends I would go there. Just be ready to be on standby with the police.

[quote name='needler420']Good way to get the shit beat out of you when her jealous x BF comes up at the same time you're getting the PS3.

Not to mention consider she is stating at the same time that it's not hers. You are actually taking possession of stolen property knowingly.

It's the equivalent of giving out your roomates possessions away because you got mad at them and trying to be spiteful. You could face criminal charges or get caught up in the middle of a police report.

If I had a CCW and a few friends I would go there. Just be ready to be on standby with the police.[/QUOTE]

My point is there's a 99% chance of there not even being a PS3 at all. Just baiting idiots for an easy robbery.

[quote name='sp00ge']My point is there's a 99% chance of there not even being a PS3 at all. Just baiting idiots for an easy robbery.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. I'm just bored and would go for the fun. If I had a CCW and friends lol.
I would play a game of reverse bait with them. They baited themselves into me.

It still could be legit also. Couples do spiteful things like that all the time when things get nasty. But yeah unless you want a adrenaline rush I'd stay far away.

I read that a pissed off Wife did an estate sale on all of her cheating husband's possessions while he was out on a "business" trip with his mistress. She also sold the house and moved if I recall. :lol:

[quote name='Olengie']I read that a pissed off Wife did an estate sale on all of her cheating husband's possessions while he was out on a "business" trip with his mistress. She also sold the house and moved if I recall. :lol:[/QUOTE]

not sure hows that possible lol

[quote name='breakfuss'][quote name='needler420']They baited themselves into me.[/QUOTE]

lol, wtf...?[/QUOTE]

The person who posted the ad is clearly a master baiter.

lol dallas

[quote name='sp00ge']My point is there's a 99% chance of there not even being a PS3 at all. Just baiting idiots for an easy robbery.[/QUOTE]

I would think the #1 rule of robbing someone is the fact that you know they'll have money on them for you to take. If you're giving away something they could just as easily have nothing on them and just show up to get the console thus making the whole thing pointless.

I'm not neccesarily arguing that there is a PS3 involved who knows it probably is b.s. but if the purpose was to rob somebody you would probably want to be selling something to where they'd have to bring money.

Ugh so much trash recently on Craigsist.

Had someone ask me if I'd trade my PS3 for a snake. Was selling a monitor for $140 and someone asked if I'd haggle down to $50. Selling an external hard drive and someone called to ask if I'd go lower on the price and then told me they have no money but they'd think about it.

So I figure that it's just that people in my area are poor/grimy. Nope. Had a buyer set up a fake meeting for me to buy something.

What I've found recently is that you're only on that website if you desperately need money, you're bored, you're a troll, or you're a scumbag.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I would think the #1 rule of robbing someone is the fact that you know they'll have money on them for you to take. If you're giving away something they could just as easily have nothing on them and just show up to get the console thus making the whole thing pointless.

I'm not neccesarily arguing that there is a PS3 involved who knows it probably is b.s. but if the purpose was to rob somebody you would probably want to be selling something to where they'd have to bring money.[/QUOTE]
Money isn't the only thing that can be robbed lol. If by chance they had nothing on them they could easily be jumped for their car

Hah, I just had some jackhole offer me an old Xbox with a broken drive for my Virtua Cop 2 coin-op. I'm sure he'd like me to deliver the machine too... ugh.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Money isn't the only thing that can be robbed lol. If by chance they had nothing on them they could easily be jumped for their car[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Most people carry at least some cash, a cell phone, etc.

I have been shopping for a cheap used car. I test drove one Saturday morning that had been listed for 3000. The guy told me they had an offer for 3500, so that was the lowest they would go. When I email them to tell them we had found a different car, he responded to let him know if I knew anyone else who was looking, and he'd come down on the price. ?

bread's done
Back