Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

It's from a few weeks ago, but came up when I was searching for something.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/3717178129.html

I am an avid colector of all things Lord of the Rings. This cloak is one of the real-life cloaks given by Lady Galadriel to Pippin. It was used in the filming of the Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers when the Uruk-hai captured Merry and Pippin to bring them to Isengard. I am selling this cloak because I have a gambling issue, and got into it with some characters of ill repute. They have made several threats, and I need the money ASAP. I would be willing to lower the price if reasonable. I am heartbroken to be parted with my beloved cloak that has covered the mannequin of Pippin that I have in my room. He will be bare and incomplete, but my life is more valuable than the aforementioned cloak. I realize that now. My Lord of the Rings collection is still strong due to the fact that I have a plethora of armor worn by the Elves and Orcs in the battle of Helm's Deep. If you are interested in any of those as well, feel free to contact me. My name is "Sir" Alec B. of Pittsburgh. Contact me at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And my fiance dares to call *ME* a dork...

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']http://lubbock.craigslist.org/vgm/3769035217.html

So I just text this person "is the super nintendo still available"

Get a reply "Yeah but its up to 60 now if you can beat it"

I reply "your listing was only 50 why would I pay more? no thanks"

"yeah but it was or best offer, Your loss"

"makes no sense, goodbye"

I was under the impression that or best offer was the listing price or next best price below the listing price. Maybe I'm wrong. There could be a bidding war going on for it I guess but I somehow doubt it because my city is not usually that crazy about games. I found a WIi U with NSMB U for $140 and a 3DS for $50 before and there was no such bidding war and those are the newest consoles out. If I'm the one who's wrong in this just tell me and i'll say ok im wrong. Even if he's telling the truth he must have turned down someone who offered his listing price.[/QUOTE]

I hate people with stuff to sell and only ask for "offers" aka hopefully you offer me above online prices and also the deal is gonna take all fucking day to work out and you're lucky if it doesn't pour over into tomorrow. (p.s. it's also a plague on cag trading forums.)

There are prices on ebay and amazon and half and all over the place...and people selling them there who aren't looking for "offers," so why would I waste time for some shmuck to play email tag with me, if he doesn't leave me hanging completely because it's already sold.

[quote name='Relentless Sheep']I'll pay $20 for that since I highly doubt it's the real thing.[/QUOTE]

And I'm not going to call him "Sir". :lol:

[quote name='Seraphinianus']I've always wanted to mess with some of the listings I see.

"I'm looking for old games for my kids. You know, the old classics I remember like Suikoden II, Valkyrie Profile, Intelligent Qube, etc. Did I mention my kids? I have kids. It's for my kids. Willing to pay $10 each, email me"[/QUOTE]

One time I listed a Power Rangers Morpher on CL for $200 and this guy texts me and says "200 dollars?! its just a toy its not made of gold! come on man, its for my kid...he knows ALL the rangers!" as if I was supposed to go "oh okay...well since its for your kid, I'll give you this 200 dollar item for 5 dollars"

There is some joker on CL here trying to buy he-man, thundercats, and other 80s toys because his "3 year old saw them on youtube and really likes 80s cartoons now"

its almost as bad as the constant "I have to ask my wife if I am allowed to buy this first" responses I got every single time I tried to sell something on there

[quote name='crows in black']One time I listed a Power Rangers Morpher on CL for $200 and this guy texts me and says "200 dollars?! its just a toy its not made of gold! come on man, its for my kid...he knows ALL the rangers!" as if I was supposed to go "oh okay...well since its for your kid, I'll give you this 200 dollar item for 5 dollars"

There is some joker on CL here trying to buy he-man, thundercats, and other 80s toys because his "3 year old saw them on youtube and really likes 80s cartoons now"

its almost as bad as the constant "I have to ask my wife if I am allowed to buy this first" responses I got every single time I tried to sell something on there[/QUOTE]

People's kids have the most refined and expensive tastes.

It used to be that they just wanted iPhones and iPads. Now they gotta have SMB1 prototype carts signed by Miyamoto.

[quote name='Lord Darias']http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3774708848.html

And typing out what you have is so much harder than taking a picture of a handwritten list? Well atleast it is readable except for being sideways and all...:roll:[/QUOTE]

i'd also think twice before doing a craigslist pick up in West Allis :lol:

[quote name='sp00ge']It's from a few weeks ago, but came up when I was searching for something.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/3717178129.html

And my fiance dares to call *ME* a dork...[/QUOTE]

"I am selling this cloak because I have a gambling issue, and got into it with some characters of ill repute. They have made several threats, and I need the money ASAP."

Don't fuck with Sauron.

BTW, the pic in this guy's ad includes the watermark to a site where you can order the cloak for 75 pounds. He stole the pic from that site. Although I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :roll: the one he's selling is the actual movie worn one :roll::roll::roll:. Definitely worth the $2800 he's asking. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

http://characterkit.co.uk/costume/cat_12.html

http://characterkit.co.uk/COSTUME/Cloaks/Forest-Cloak/prod_64.html

There's nothing really wrong with these prices, but the guy sounds like such an asshole that even if I wanted one of these there's no way I'd buy it off him

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/vgm/3766511960.html

"Don't text and ask if I have it. If the ad is up, I have it.
Don't bother texting lower offers. Prices are firm - Even if you buy all of them.
I tell you in this ad where I live. Figure out BEFOREhand if this is too far for you to drive.
If you want it, then want it. Don't contact me if you're on the fence, unsure, or still weighing your options."

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']There's nothing really wrong with these prices, but the guy sounds like such an asshole that even if I wanted one of these there's no way I'd buy it off him

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/vgm/3766511960.html

"Don't text and ask if I have it. If the ad is up, I have it.
Don't bother texting lower offers. Prices are firm - Even if you buy all of them.
I tell you in this ad where I live. Figure out BEFOREhand if this is too far for you to drive.
If you want it, then want it. Don't contact me if you're on the fence, unsure, or still weighing your options."[/QUOTE]

Tempted to text him and proceed to lowball him, ask where he lives and tell him I'll get back to him.

2 original nintendo game system and 1 Atari game system - $30000 (west knoxville)
im looking to sell 2 of my original nintendo games with 20+ games and 1 Atari. accessories are included. I am only selling because I need money to pay my bills and i
et out of debt. I am very firm on price which is $30,000.00 FOR ALL. 1 original NES nintendo system with 5 games sold for $13,000 just for 1 game system (which I have 4 of those games myself). the atari is worth alot more. all in mint condition. all work. if you are serious please contact tammy 865four5four7fourfourthree. or kayla at 865five66two66two. again, firm on price! thank you

sn:pLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US WITH BULL CRAP! WE WANT WHAT WE WANT FOR IT AND EVERYONE HAS OPINIONS. MOST PEOPLE WILL THINK ITS CRAZY, BUT ITS VALUABLE TO ME. SO PLEASE SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY! THANKS

games:
arch rivals
immortal
ice hockey
super bowl
gremlins 2
punch out
tetris
tennis
rushin attack
super pitfall
the adventure of link
excitebike
hoops
wood & water rage
legend of zelda
iron sword
strider
pga golf tour
solar jetman
jack nicklaus golf
lee trevinos fighting golf
rad racer
ultima
hyd lide
quarter back football
flying dragon
bases loaded
dragon warrior
wild gunman
coalra
meltroid
popeye
final fantasy
kung fu
gauntlet
xexyz
pro am racing
phantom fighter
castle mania
ninja ahe
golf
tennis
tecmo bowl
city connection
bad dudes
world cup
bayou billy
back to the future
gyromite
gauntlet 2
street fighter
the simpsons
renegade
wall street kid
glove ball
rescue
deja vu
jackac
commando
excite bike
super sprint
baseball simulator
the mutan virus
jeopardy
karate champ
simons quest
turtles 2 arcade game
paperboy
dash galaxy
genghis khan
silent service
super mario 2
dick tracy
football
rambo
platoon
blades of steel
trojan
operation wolf
mad max
track & field
double dribble
california
romance of the three
fist of the north star
gradius
renegade

life force
wizards & warriors
super
shinobi
bionic commando
paperboy
the ultimate stuntman
othello
batman
spy hunter
r.c. pro-aim
breakthru
drx mario
I
mario bros
super mario 3
skate or die
the legend of zelda
snk p.o.w
home alone 2
world wrestling
double dragon
kirbys adventure
teenage mutant ninja turtles
roger clemens mvp baseball
donkey kong 3
dinorikI
duck hunt
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3776909953 Posted: 2013-04-30, 7:48PM EDT Edited: 2013-05-01, 4:21PM EDT email to a friend

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/ele/3776909953.html

NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, GBC - $700 (OKC)

Hello. I have several antique game systems in amazing condition. You'll never find another deal as good as this.

NES with one controller, no cords. $300.
SNES, no controller and av cables $450.
Sega Genesis with one three button mad catz controller $800.
Dreamcast with one memory card $900.
Nintendo 64 with three controllers $1000.
I also have several game boy colors for $100 each.

Also, two games.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/vgm/3764203261.html

Man these people are dumb with their prices. Espically the one who thinks his stuff is worth 30K and the one who thinks an N64 with 3 controllers is worth 1,000 bucks.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Man these people are dumb with their prices. Espically the one who thinks his stuff is worth 30K and the one who thinks an N64 with 3 controllers is worth 1,000 bucks.[/QUOTE]

yea i mean very few video games sell for over 1000 dollars much less 30 000 so i really wonder what these people are smoking(obviously the high class drugs that us common folk cant get ahold of)

Come on, guys! She has FOUR of the five games that sold in an NES bundle for over $13000!!! So what if she doesn't have that precious fifth game, Stadium Events, that's *actually* the source of the value in that previous auction? She has everything else that sold in that auction bundle, so it *must* be worth at least like 85% of that auction bundle, right?!?

Plus, both of her NES consoles are undoubtedly NES-001's, so that's like $30K right there. All her common and crap games are just icing on the cake, not to mention the real bonus of a fucking Atari. Those are rare antiques too, don't you know?

[quote name='jupiterjones']http://westmd.craigslist.org/vgm/3780007995.html

"I have a Sega Genesis Model 1. This is the "High Definition Graphics" Model. Basically as Sega made the Genesis they began to make the parts cheaper and in turn the quality got worse as the newer Genesis models came out. This is one of the first they did and it is the best Genesis you will see."[/QUOTE]

This is true but does not necessarily make it more valuable. Only the sound is better. Many would say the video quality is better on later models...

But who cares

this link is fairly NSFW so beware.

http://madison.craigslist.org/for/3754714625.html

I'm selling all my stuff, so if you like old video game stuff then I may have it.
I have lots of magazines from mid to late 90s: EGM, Next Gen, Diehard Gamefan.
Lots of books, too. Various topics.
Sega Saturn, Japanese White System, modified to play USA games as well. Radiant Silvergun, Street Fighter Zero 3, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, Pocket Fighter, Puzzle Fighter, Vampire Savior, Guardian Heroes, Wachenruder.
HP 24" monitor, refurbished, pivots to 90 degree portrait view.

Lots of little girl anime figures, sexy.

Every issue of Gunsmith Cats manga.
Cospa anime shirts, new with tags.
External Hard drives: 2TB, 1TB & 500 GB.
Sennheiser HD555 headphones.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan Yoko oppai mousepad.
Faux leather computer chair.
Nintendo 3DS games: Kid Icarus; Super Mario 3D Land; Mario Tennis; Star Fox 64; Zelda Ocarina of Time; Mario Kart 7; Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for Nintendo DS.
Lots of stuff; too much to mention here![/qupte]

There's some okay stuff in his lot, but the photos, along with the description of the first pictured item are the disturbing part.

I'd like to pick up some old EGM and Next Generation or Gamefan, but i'll not be checking this one out. Gross. Nobody should ever have the words "little girl" and "Sexy" so close to each other.

[quote name='jer7583']this link is fairly NSFW so beware.

http://madison.craigslist.org/for/3754714625.html

I'm selling all my stuff, so if you like old video game stuff then I may have it.
I have lots of magazines from mid to late 90s: EGM, Next Gen, Diehard Gamefan.
Lots of books, too. Various topics.
Sega Saturn, Japanese White System, modified to play USA games as well. Radiant Silvergun, Street Fighter Zero 3, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, Pocket Fighter, Puzzle Fighter, Vampire Savior, Guardian Heroes, Wachenruder.
HP 24" monitor, refurbished, pivots to 90 degree portrait view.

Lots of little girl anime figures, sexy.

Every issue of Gunsmith Cats manga.
Cospa anime shirts, new with tags.
External Hard drives: 2TB, 1TB & 500 GB.
Sennheiser HD555 headphones.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan Yoko oppai mousepad.
Faux leather computer chair.
Nintendo 3DS games: Kid Icarus; Super Mario 3D Land; Mario Tennis; Star Fox 64; Zelda Ocarina of Time; Mario Kart 7; Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for Nintendo DS.
Lots of stuff; too much to mention here![/qupte]

There's some okay stuff in his lot, but the photos, along with the description of the first pictured item are the disturbing part.

I'd like to pick up some old EGM and Next Generation or Gamefan, but i'll not be checking this one out. Gross. Nobody should ever have the words "little girl" and "Sexy" so close to each other.[/QUOTE]

Jesus is watching (Last pic)

[quote name='Kovorkian']Jesus is watching (Last pic)[/QUOTE]

oh yeah i noticed that after i made the post. I love posts where people just throw up (figuratively and literally) a ton of junk that they have had laying around like that.

[quote name='Relentless Sheep']That just made my day! :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sp00ge']Jesus is probably the only thing safe to touch in those pictures... probably being key.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']:rofl:Thanks for making my day haha[/QUOTE]

glad I could help, and no Jesus is suprisingly the thing you do not want to touch. Everything else is kept operating room sterile, who knows what they did too poor Jesus

>.>

The internet has ruined me.

Seems like right now the pendulum is swinging where people think anything videogame related is worth lots of money. Bad time for collectors like us.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kovorkian']http://williamsport.craigslist.org/vgm/3781178250.html

They make repro's >.>

and another

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/vgm/3781433819.html[/QUOTE]

That actually is a service I wouldn't mind having... I would rather play console versions than roms.. but the Zelda price is a little nuts.. I wouldn't mind 25 a game for NES...

--------------------------------------

At least this guy could include a controller for his asking price
http://york.craigslist.org/zip/3782074808.html

[quote name='gatordeve86']That actually is a service I wouldn't mind having... I would rather play console versions than roms.. but the Zelda price is a little nuts.. I wouldn't mind 25 a game for NES...

--------------------------------------

At least this guy could include a controller for his asking price
http://york.craigslist.org/zip/3782074808.html[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in repros which are basically just roms on a cartridge, look into the Super Everdrive, it's only about $100 and you can do this with as many games as you want on real hardware. No point in buying them individually.

[quote name='jer7583']If you're interested in repros which are basically just roms on a cartridge, look into the Super Everdrive, it's only about $100 and you can do this with as many games as you want on real hardware. No point in buying them individually.[/QUOTE]

meant to say i would rather play on console rather than an emulator
but thanks for the super everdrive info im looking into that now

bread's done
Back