Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='ZombieToast']If I was handy and had an extra $130, I would happily buy those.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'd build a fort out of them.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgm/3829329893.html

SNES NES Nintendo Game Boy Ps1 Lot Sega - $800 (South Hills)
We offer an exotic, house cleaning service. Feel for sit at home and have one of our professionals come and clean up that slop of a mess you handsome men leave behind. Our many girls are awaiting you call.

412.390.4845 ~ Kat

Tags: Super Nintendo Gamecube, Zelda, EarthBound, Night trap, 3dO, Sega Genesis, jaguar, Master system console, Saturn. Pinball, Slot machine, LED Screen Flat TV t.v. LCD Plasma Nikon camera, lingerie,bachelor pad, stripper, one night stand, house cleaning, services.

Uh, ok..

[quote name='sp00ge']http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgm/3829329893.html

SNES NES Nintendo Game Boy Ps1 Lot Sega - $800 (South Hills)
We offer an exotic, house cleaning service. Feel for sit at home and have one of our professionals come and clean up that slop of a mess you handsome men leave behind. Our many girls are awaiting you call.

412.390.4845 ~ Kat

Uh, ok..[/QUOTE]

I told my brother we needed to start a lawn mowing business with nothing but attractive women wearing bathing suits. Chicks in bikinis seems to work for everything else.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/vgd/3831403076.html
Creepy and NSFW. The gist is she'll do "it" for things like phones and games. At least the gougers have some modicom of self-respect. Though I think it's some police sting operation.[/QUOTE]

Probably the funniest one that I have seen. I especially like where they write.
"head n sex"
That just cracked me up.

Stay Classy New York :applause::applause:

[quote name='sp00ge']To me, that's not prostitution, that's a relationship. You buy her shit and you get sex.[/QUOTE]

I'm supposed to get sex for all the stuff I buy her?! :eek:

[quote name='Artrigis']why?
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/wan/3837600128.html[/QUOTE]

came here to post this
i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-11372-800x600.jpg

but i found this which is just as bad

82733757.jpg

I can't post the link but this is a guy from the Tucson craigslist trying to sell an ultra rare copy of SMB/Duckhunt:

I have for sell a very rare Nintendo game I've had sitting around for awhile. One of these just sold on eBay with a top loader system and 50 games for $300 so I think $30 is a fair price. I know for a fact this game is rare because it is old and the two always go hand in hand.

The Price is firm, money only, you must pick up, I will not meet or deliver and you must leave a phone # in your reply that I can call you at otherwise I'll just assume you're a scammer, spammer, hacker, or Trojan horse. I do not text or email. If you do not agree to the terms then good luck finding this rare vintage retro collectable game anywhere else.

I responded to one of those posts you always see now from one of those "DON'T YOU DARE LOWBALL ME! I KNOW WHAT THESE SELL FOR ON EBAY!" jerk-offs who expects ebay prices from CL....anyway, he surprisingly only wanted $30 for Mega Man 7, and I was already in his area so I am all excited to find this impossible to find game for like 1/4 its value, and I get there.......the damn label is ripped off and someone wrote "MEGA MAN" in black sharpie on the remainder of the label. I told him "I'm not buying this! you said in the ad that all the games were in mint condition!" and his response was "yeah it is....it still plays perfectly! who cares what the sticker looks like? Besides, I knocked like 10 bucks off the average ebay price!"

[quote name='Olengie']Just send him a link to Ebay with Sold Listings of SMB/Duckhunt.

Rare NES Game...yeah right.[/QUOTE]

I just did. I like how these idiots over charge for their games and come across as condescending in their postings. "Good luck finding this rare vintage retro collectable game anywhere else"

Also, apparently I can't post quotes of links either.

[quote name='Conaboob']I just did. I like how these idiots over charge for their games and come across as condescending in their postings. "Good luck finding this rare vintage retro collectable game anywhere else"

Also, apparently I can't post quotes of links either.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the guy is an idiot if he manages to sell a copy of smb/dh for $30.

[quote name='crows in black']I responded to one of those posts you always see now from one of those "DON'T YOU DARE LOWBALL ME! I KNOW WHAT THESE SELL FOR ON EBAY!" jerk-offs who expects ebay prices from CL....anyway, he surprisingly only wanted $30 for Mega Man 7, and I was already in his area so I am all excited to find this impossible to find game for like 1/4 its value, and I get there.......the damn label is ripped off and someone wrote "MEGA MAN" in black sharpie on the remainder of the label. I told him "I'm not buying this! you said in the ad that all the games were in mint condition!" and his response was "yeah it is....it still plays perfectly! who cares what the sticker looks like? Besides, I knocked like 10 bucks off the average ebay price!"[/QUOTE]

WOW what an ass. I hope you warned about him in your local CL.

http://scranton.craigslist.org/vgm/3803620411.html Is it really worth what he's asking? Or is he being delusional?

to much to list ,every thing works games in and out of boxes around two hundred or more will not separate must buy all or nothing I know whats there so SCAMMERS stay away my take trades Ipads or??? let me know the games alone are worth up to $800 pluse wireless remote in box controllers and more if u take the time to separate and sell I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT I USE TO SELL ON EBAY BUT DONT HAVE TIME LOOKING TO cGET $800 for all games system controllers and the pong system every thing was tested and works at $3 for boxed games and $2 for games with no boxes pluse system ect its a steal at $800 u should with no problems make at least double your money back or just keep it and play (570)233-3875 call or text if u call leave message im very busy but will call back asap thanks no scams or bs dont waste my time I KNOW WHATS WORTH WHAT HERE

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']http://scranton.craigslist.org/vgm/3803620411.html Is it really worth what he's asking? Or is he being delusional?

to much to list ,every thing works games in and out of boxes around two hundred or more will not separate must buy all or nothing I know whats there so SCAMMERS stay away my take trades Ipads or??? let me know the games alone are worth up to $800 pluse wireless remote in box controllers and more if u take the time to separate and sell I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT I USE TO SELL ON EBAY BUT DONT HAVE TIME LOOKING TO cGET $800 for all games system controllers and the pong system every thing was tested and works at $3 for boxed games and $2 for games with no boxes pluse system ect its a steal at $800 u should with no problems make at least double your money back or just keep it and play (570)233-3875 call or text if u call leave message im very busy but will call back asap thanks no scams or bs dont waste my time I KNOW WHATS WORTH WHAT HERE [/QUOTE]
Compared to buying on eBay, yeah, his price is actually quite fair. You almost certainly wouldn't double your money, however. And fair or not, there's not a good chance he'll be able to sell a huge lot like that.

yeah, where are these mythical people who are willing to drop $800 on a few boxes of old games in your area? People have certain things they're looking for and posting a huge lot, no matter its value, means you're just forcing someone to buy a bunch of crap they don't want and pay more than they want to.

" I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT I USE TO SELL ON EBAY BUT DONT HAVE TIME LOOKING TO cGET $800".....doesnt have 10 mins to list it on Ebay but he will have plenty of time to repost that over and over and over. Typical CL user!

[quote name='sp00ge']To me, that's not prostitution, that's a relationship. You buy her shit and you get sex.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If it were prostitution, you'd be paying her to leave after sex.

[quote name='jer7583']yeah, where are these mythical people who are willing to drop $800 on a few boxes of old games in your area? People have certain things they're looking for and posting a huge lot, no matter its value, means you're just forcing someone to buy a bunch of crap they don't want and pay more than they want to.[/QUOTE]

The same people who probably bought the lot to begin with and had delusions of "wow I'll make millions on ebay with these nintender tapes!" then they realize their common $2 games aren't all worth $30k each like Stadium Events so they want to pawn the entire thing off to some other sucker. If you ever see an ad with an outrageous price, or see some a-hole at a yard sale with a Nintendo for $100 and think "what will they do with it when no one buys it?" ....well THIS is what they do with it when no one buys it

[quote name='juangrande386']" I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT I USE TO SELL ON EBAY BUT DONT HAVE TIME LOOKING TO cGET $800".....doesnt have 10 mins to list it on Ebay but he will have plenty of time to repost that over and over and over. Typical CL user![/QUOTE]

All of the money, none of the hassle. That's what I see from the typical CL sellers.

Some guy has been listing his collection for 6 months now. He doesn't want to sell it all to one person. In his opinion "it is too much stuff and would be too expensive for you" or something along those lines. He has a lot of different systems in boxes, but only like 20-30 games for each one. Half the people active in this thread own more games than him. Everything is individual or system bundles. Additionally, he doesn't list prices... ever. So I email him one day about his gameboy advance stuff. He emails back with prices like NES GBA SP $200 (might have been $220) and games between $25-$50. I email right back "that explains why I see it posted every week." Now, some of those items can go for what he was asking, but a seller should know his or her audience.

It might be different in big cities, but I've always felt CL should be like a yard sale. I go to yard sales to find bargains. I have yard sales to get rid of stuff.

[quote name='paddlefoot']All of the money, none of the hassle. That's what I see from the typical CL sellers.

Some guy has been listing his collection for 6 months now. He doesn't want to sell it all to one person. In his opinion "it is too much stuff and would be too expensive for you" or something along those lines. He has a lot of different systems in boxes, but only like 20-30 games for each one. Half the people active in this thread own more games than him. Everything is individual or system bundles. Additionally, he doesn't list prices... ever. So I email him one day about his gameboy advance stuff. He emails back with prices like NES GBA SP $200 (might have been $220) and games between $25-$50. I email right back "that explains why I see it posted every week." Now, some of those items can go for what he was asking, but a seller should know his or her audience.

It might be different in big cities, but I've always felt CL should be like a yard sale. I go to yard sales to find bargains. I have yard sales to get rid of stuff.[/QUOTE]

i agree 100% but unfortunately crap shows like pawn shop, storage wars and american pickers and the 4645456 spin offs have convinced people that every piece of crap they own is worth a fortune so i fear yard sales and flea markets are on their way out because yard sales and flea markets have morphed from i need to get rid of junk to i want tons of money.

[quote name='paddlefoot']

[/QUOTE]

Lol, guy from the Hazleton area? I've seen it posted quite a few times myself, the guy pisses me off. I tried emailing him I think 3 times and never got anything back. I tried asking what he wanted, throwing him an offer and again asking what he wanted. But I just gave up. Oh well, from the sounds of it, it was a waste of time anyway.

[quote name='paddlefoot']All of the money, none of the hassle. That's what I see from the typical CL sellers.

It might be different in big cities, but I've always felt CL should be like a yard sale. I go to yard sales to find bargains. I have yard sales to get rid of stuff.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People on Tucson Craigslist want to sell stuff at Ebay prices. They don't understand the hassle of ebay fees, shipping, or any of the junk you need to deal with online. As an actual ebay seller, I'm almost insulted whenever someone brings up Ebay at a yard sale or craigslist.

I went back and forth with one guy who wanted $100 for an N64 cus he shaved off the tabs to allow foreign games to play on it. "You dont understand the value of an N64, go back to your Xbox kid" "You probably had no idea you could even do that to an N64". He shutup after I mentioned modding systems and building computers for 10 years.

Heres a great one I found today-

atari 2600 w/16 games-WORKS!! - $600 (SULLIVAN)

Atari 2600-with 2 joy sticks and 16 games. everything works!! This is going for $899.00 on ebay! asking $600.00 obo. games included:pack-man, defender, combat, human cannonball, adventure, warlords, 3 tele-games (1-3 football), haunted house, asteroids, home run (1-8 home run), space invaders, E.T. the extra-terrestrial, basketball, star raiders, demons to diamonds, and atlantis.
if interested please email

[quote name='TheHeef']http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/gms/3841888169.html

What does it say about my faith in humanity (or lack thereof) that I don't buy a word of this?

Recycling? Donation Centers? BS.[/QUOTE]
People will probably fall for this and these scumbags will probably end up with something good. Reminds me of the time I went to the flea market and tried trading my Rock Band drumset for "store credit" with a game booth. Dude told me that it was worthless and he'd do me a solid and recycle it for free for me. Not hard to know he was planning on selling it since he prices by ebay.

bread's done
Back