Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

It is a real bloody pain in the ass to find a boombox on Craigslist as 90% of the ads with the search terms involve a freakin' car.
I assume you're trying separate searches for boombox, boom box, ghettoblaster, and ghetto blaster? If these search results are returning cars, try searching only under the electronics section and not all items for sale, which would include the car ads.

I'm guessing someone named Chris pissed somebody off.

Free Giveaway (Monaca/Center)
Giveaway!!! Video Games and Consoles
My high-school aged son Chris thinks that his curfew is just a "suggestion" and therefore we are giving away his extensive collection of video games and consoles, for ever console! Call 724-312-xxxx and ask for Mike or Cindy Hunt. Chris may answer and pretend that he has no idea what you are talking about - DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgm/4002476864.html

Last edited by a moderator:
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/vgm/3993303249.html

$2500 for a bunch of random crap (or as he puts it, "Awesome things") that he won't break up.  Includes around 50 360 games, but most are disc only and I didn't see anything especially notable.  Plus it doesn't appear to come with the console, and anybody with the console that wants the games he has likely already owns them.  He claims that the video games are worth around $1000, which would be approximately $20 a game.  And while some games in there might go for that, most definitely do not.

Then, assuming he thinks that he should get $1000 for the 360 stuff, that still leaves $1500 for the other stuff.  And while I don't know much about anything else, I just don't see where he's getting that number for.  Does anybody really have a need for a portable CD player or DVD players anymore?  A box of "mixed" trading cards?  There's admittedly some stuff in there people might want (airsoft guns, night vision goggles, Eminem autograph), but he'd have to find the one person who wants all of this crap that's also willing to pay $2500 for it.

On our local B/S/T board, someone was advertising the following:

Im selling this Assassing Creed Lineage the movie prequel to the blockbuster Video game franchise its blu-ray disc ive payed 80$ im asking 40$
When I pointed out that Lineage was about $15 when it came out and most places now sell it for less than $10, her response was "Will i buyed it before it came out if i had the reciept i would show u. But i dont. I buyed it about a year or two years ago." Even if that were true, I don't understand how she could possibly think that somehow justifies the price. She later updated to say it was sold, which I don't believe for a second.

I would've provided a link, but it's a private group.

On our local B/S/T board, someone was advertising the following:

When I pointed out that Lineage was about $15 when it came out and most places now sell it for less than $10, her response was "Will i buyed it before it came out if i had the reciept i would show u. But i dont. I buyed it about a year or two years ago." Even if that were true, I don't understand how she could possibly think that somehow justifies the price. She later updated to say it was sold, which I don't believe for a second.

I would've provided a link, but it's a private group.
Yeah, "early" copies are only worth more when the game/movie hasn't been released yet. I think she had that concept ass backwards.

I remember selling the first Mass Effect for around $300 when I was lucky to find a Kmart that had broken the street date weeks early.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/vgm/4007851573.html

"I've had this game since I was a child, but I barely used it. I played it maybe once or twice and never picked it up again. Someone told me that since Mario is so popular this game would be worth a lot now. Apparently brand new goes for $200, but since this game isn't brand new I've decreased it to 75$. It plays like it's brand new, I've tested it and tried it out. If you love antique Mario games or just miss the game because it was your favorite childhood memory, give me a call at ***-***-**** or send an e-mail and we can work something out. I'm flexible with the price but I won't go any lower 45$.

Works with Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, and Nintendo DS.

IT'S ONLY THE GAME, NO MANUAL OR CASE INCLUDED!!! "

Best deal ever!

he lowered it to $20 already!  :rofl:

Not related to that post but it still baffles me when people put something like "I want like $75-$100". Why the  fuck would someone offer you even $75.01 if you just said youd take $75?! 

People in my area seem to think they can sell their used PS3 for the same price as a new one in store. Someone posted this message, which I thought as funny (and totally appropriate):

http://delaware.craigslist.org/vgm/4005765584.html

Attn: PS3 Sellers - $1 (All Over)
I know you are all excited for the PS4 and all that, but expecting to sell your PS3 to cover the cost of a brand new PS4 is ridiculous. I mean come on... $300 for a 160gig slim with 1 controller and no games?!? If you are asking the same or MORE money for your used system then for how much a brand new one is, you are delusional.

If you want to actually sell your stuff this is what you do..

Check the gamestop website. Find EXACTLY the same model you have in the USED section. See what they are charging. Then Sell yours for about 25-40% LESS then that price. Keep in mind that gamestop offers a warranty. Do you?

Sadly those type of posts get flagged and removed faster than spam posts! The "goes for this on Ebay" people dont wont people to know how stupid they are!

People in my area seem to think they can sell their used PS3 for the same price as a new one in store. Someone posted this message, which I thought as funny (and totally appropriate):

http://delaware.craigslist.org/vgm/4005765584.html

Attn: PS3 Sellers - $1 (All Over)
I know you are all excited for the PS4 and all that, but expecting to sell your PS3 to cover the cost of a brand new PS4 is ridiculous. I mean come on... $300 for a 160gig slim with 1 controller and no games?!? If you are asking the same or MORE money for your used system then for how much a brand new one is, you are delusional.

If you want to actually sell your stuff this is what you do..

Check the gamestop website. Find EXACTLY the same model you have in the USED section. See what they are charging. Then Sell yours for about 25-40% LESS then that price. Keep in mind that gamestop offers a warranty. Do you?
I've made pretty much the same post but in my area its Nintendo Wiis. They always are the system Wii Sports and the stupid sports controller attachments and want $150-250 because "it was only used a couple times" and "comes with tons of extras"

Super NIntardo, anyone?

Even though it's undoubtedly a bogus posting and chances of scoring this package, let alone at anywhere near the asking price, are slim to none, I shot over an email to them from one of the throwaway accounts.  The location, btw, is in the heart of Skid Row.

Super NIntardo "SNES" videogame player and some game tapes - $40 (or best offer, downtown L.A.)

I have a Super Nitendo video games system for sale. Has remotes, wires, and works. Includes 5 Nintendo videogames. Please email me if interested. I am asking $40 cash only or best offer, sell only all together not separate game.

Super NIntardo, anyone?

Even though it's undoubtedly a bogus posting and chances of scoring this package, let alone at anywhere near the asking price, are slim to none, I shot over an email to them from one of the throwaway accounts. The location, btw, is in the heart of Skid Row.

Super NIntardo "SNES" videogame player and some game tapes - $40 (or best offer, downtown L.A.)

I have a Super Nitendo video games system for sale. Has remotes, wires, and works. Includes 5 Nintendo videogames. Please email me if interested. I am asking $40 cash only or best offer, sell only all together not separate game.
The watermark on the image should be a giveaway. Sulit.com.ph is a selling site for the Philippines... Hello robbery!

Ha.  That reminds me, I keep seeing this person advertising Super Mario Bros. for $15.  They have four other games pictured with it: Castlevania II, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Ninja Gaiden II, and Mega Man 3.  Now I wouldn't be shocked if they got $15 for the other games pictured (I wouldn't pay that for any of them), but $15 for Mario is absurd.

Zelda Link To The Past (Super Nintendo, Almost perfect condition) - $700 (Anderson)

Okay, so I found this game in a box with the system and I set it up and turned it on. No saves no nothing. I have played it twice since then. It's in great, almost brand new condition. It's worth a lot. But I am willing to talk about the price. Obo is $700.

http://redding.craigslist.org/vgm/4024993604.html

Zelda Link To The Past (Super Nintendo, Almost perfect condition) - $700 (Anderson)

Okay, so I found this game in a box with the system and I set it up and turned it on. No saves no nothing. I have played it twice since then. It's in great, almost brand new condition. It's worth a lot. But I am willing to talk about the price. Obo is $700.

http://redding.craigslist.org/vgm/4024993604.html
My CIB copy must be worth a fortune!

Okay, the automated Craigslist scam spams are getting awfully bizarre:

Tired of repeatedly writing you over and over again. Almost impossible seems like due to this filter shit.
Or either way maybe it is already sold. I am very much interested. Need it for a gift.
So let me know. I can be easily reached unlike you.

Man some people on here are HORRIBLE with pictures. You can't even see the damn thing here.

newer black Xbox 360! - $120 (Fort Wayne)

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/vgm/4027463290.html

00Q0Q_8JguhbzxkcK_600x450.jpg

He wants $4 for the best gift ever for his newly-paralyzed friend? Must be a couple of doorstops for his wheelchair.

Saw this "deal" the other day:

http://delaware.craigslist.org/vgm/4011251839.html

Basically a 250GB PS3 slim, 20 games (some of them collector's editions, to be fair, but mostly stuff that can be had for super cheap), and a Move bundle. He's asking $1300, but will go to $1100 firm.

I couldn't help it, so I emailed him and said:

"You are nuts if you think someone will give you even half of what you are asking for here. Good luck!"

I got this response today:

"Well, lets see here dude.  Its a PS3 with some of the best games over the last 10 years and is reversible and plays ps2 and ps1 games. So we will see thank you very much.  Didn't ask you.  If you are not inquiring then don't email me thanks"

I don't have the heart to tell him that it doesn't actually play PS2 games, or that most of those games aren't very good. Let him dream!

SO. MANY. CONTRADICTIONS.

And grammatical errors.

http://york.craigslist.org/vgm/4035304893.html

Yes I've a few of these one of a kind soft-modded original xbox's for sale!
I've sold 20 of these thus far so its def legit!!!!

This is GREAT for anyone who miss or enjoyed playing the classic older games of the 80's & 90's!

I've for excellent FULL-PLAY NO PROBLEMS the following systems with everygame made for each all installed on the xbox without needing any disc!...

NES
SUPER NES
N64
SEGA MASTER
SEGA GENESIS

That's right all the Super Mario's, Sonic's, Mortal Kombats & more all on one system & gameplay just as the same as the old systems we grew up playing!

I would include system console, 1 controller, console wires.

So think about it...most of these games you cant find anymore let alone for a decent price so this is def a collectors item if you are a classic gamer!!!

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!!! Thank You & you wont be disappointed!

bread's done
Back