Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Does anyone else's area have people frequently trying to sell original game boys as collectors items for $30-$40 loose? Wtf
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/4088450171.html

01111_2VOrANjTQGp_600x450.jpg

00S0S_LSlc8ADPo9_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
There's been a lot of drama on my craigslist lately....

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/gms/4076224163.html

"This is directed to the vermin who placed the phony Upper Coleville Road ad for video games a few weeks ago. You made yourself 15 brand new enemies!!!!!! We got a description of you from the folks on Greenbriar. Backwards baseball hat, red sedan! No doubt you thought this was a pretty good trick, but you are probably not aware that you committed a crime. Theft by deception, harassment by communication!
You were obviously not satisfied with just going to sales early to get games, but thought by pulling this scam you would eliminate your competition at Greenbriar. If this is how you want to be, okay, game on!!!!
"
Man I love playing old games on original hardware but this bullshit is enough to get me to say fuck it and emulate

It's a terrible scam anyway. Didn't the price of gold just tank a bit? This is what happens when you put stock in something that's valuable just because people think it's valuable.
I hope you're not imying that the value of gold is arbitrary and not at all based on commodity.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/vgm/4098898662.html

Hello I have three guitar hero guitars for sale $80.00 each I will trade for a PS3 slim or a running car that is a joke the car I mean but I have seen listing like that call 260- 7 5 5 - 6 0 9 5 thanks have a great one open to other trades black ops2 NO cash NO CASH EVEN TRADES ONLY Call and ask all I can say is no or YES laptops,
I phone I4 I5 you cant buy these guitars at any game shop they don't sell them I know

Damn man go back to high school :/

Hello I have three guitar hero guitars for sale $80.00 each I will trade for a PS3 slim or a running car that is a joke the car I mean but I have seen listing like that call 260- 7 5 5 - 6 0 9 5 thanks have a great one open to other trades black ops2 NO cash NO CASH EVEN TRADES ONLY Call and ask all I can say is no or YES laptops,
I phone I4 I5 you cant buy these guitars at any game shop they don't sell them I know

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhbf_I4GDU[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

What is up with people lately? I've got a bit of a story myself. So I bought this guy's collection off him (the collection was a Dreamcast, Sega rally, Record of Lodoss War, Gundam Side Story, cannon spike, and Tech Romancer) for $80, he was asking $100. I also told him I would wait a week to see if anyone else would bite at his full price. I didn't need the Dreamcast, Sega Rally or Record of Lodoss War (I already have the game). I told the guy this and that I only wanted to buy the other games. I offered $50. A week later I contacted him. And he said for $80 I could have everything. Deal done. I bought the stuff. A few weeks later I posted the Dreamcast and the two games I didn't need on Craigslist. I was asking VGPC average price expecting to come down in the haggling process. As I suspected no responses (why would someone want to buy this stuff without the best games?) A few weeks later I get a really nasty chain of emails from the guy I bought this stuff from. story in a nutshell. If you want to read the emails and how crazy this guy is read on. Warning for language.

Leading up to the sale

Me: Hey I was wondering if no one else responds by this weekend would you be willing to sell your stuff for $50?

Him: Not a chance

Me: Alright. I don't need the console would you sell just the games?

Him: At the moment I think my best bet is to sell it as a bundle. That may change in the future. Try me again in a week or so but you would still have to make a better offer.

Me: Hey. Do you still have your Dreamcast and games?

Him:Yeah I still have them. What were you thinking?

Me:You were asking $100 for everything. My first offer last email was $50. I can meet you in the middle at $75.

Him: Considering what cannon spike goes for on its own, the lowest I can go is 80. Sound fair?

Me: I can probably do $80. I forgot to ask but when was the last time you played the Dreamcast? Everything work alright? Do your games have their back inserts (they look like they do)? Where are you located/where would you want to meet up. I can't meet today but possibly tomorrow or Sunday. Do you have any other video games or merchandise for sale?

Him: Everything is in working order and I do have all manuals and back inserts. Im also selling a ds lite bundle with a case and about 6 games. Ive listed infinite space for the ds separately and im also selling a kinect with dance central 3. If your interested in any of that we could possibly work out a package deal. If not its $80 for the dreamcast bundle and you can call me this weekend. ### ####

Me: Looks like I should have the extra money for the dreamcast stuff on Tuesday. I will give you a call then. How much would you want for everything except the dreamcast?

I call him, verify the price, and meet up. I met up with him with my girlfriend later. He looked like he worked at a bar or trendy bistro. Tattoos all over, etc. We talk about the games and how he liked anime things, thus why he had these games from when he was younger. He seemed like a cool guy.

These are the nasty emails I got from him later:

Him:I used to have one just like it but i sold it to some full of shit douchebag who thought for some reason telling me he wasnt a reseller was going to alter the price.P.s there is no way your gonna get $25 for record of lodoss war it sells for $10 on amazon but good look with that champ.

Me: I don't know who you are or why you are harassing me for selling my stuff. I hope you have fun policing Craigslist.

Him: your a dumbass you know you bought those games from me. the price was always the price i didnt matter you were a reseller i had you pegged for a reseller and told you so but for some reason you feel like a slimeball so you have to lie. Have fun saving the princess in hyrule. AKA jerking off in your moms basement.

(I then looked up my past emails to see if he was the same guy)

Me: I remember you now, you had the hentai tattoos. **(I couldn't resist the jab)** And you are harping on me? Haha. I also told you multiple times I didn't need your dreamcast and the two games I am selling. Do you see Cannon Spike, Techromancer, or the game I told you I was buying your stuff for; the Gundam game? No you don't, so I don't know why you are so bitter.

Him:I have zero tolerance for liars. you are a reseller. you tried to several times to lower the price by telling me you werent . I had lined up a second buyer after you were such a dick on the phone and am mad at myself for not going with my gut and blowing you off. "hentai"? you dont know your ass from your elbow which is why your such a socially awkward virgin.Again good luck in all you reselling ventures

I stopped emailing him after this. If I was such a dick on the phone (which I wasn't) why would he agree to sell them to me? Also it is funny how if you want to insult a video game player/ nerd/ any man and you don't know anything about him you insult his sexuality or lack of, even though he saw my girlfriend with me. This guy sounds bipolar or just pissed off at himself. For whatever reason he still has the ad up on Craigslist. What probably happened was after he sold it, another person tried to buy it for full price or told him they would have paid more in spite of them not getting the games. Thus he is directing his anger with himself at me. Sorry, I had to vent to you guys.

Craigslist is becoming more and more a place for crazy and angry people. I really hope this bubble bursts shortly like a few of you others have said. Anyway I hope the rest of you stay safe and away from crazy people like this guy.

Craigslist is becoming more and more a place for crazy and angry people. I really hope this bubble bursts shortly like a few of you others have said. Anyway I hope the rest of you stay safe and away from crazy people like this guy.
One of the reasons I absolutely hate dealing with people on Craigslist and always think twice about responding to ads there. Plus, I typically get better deals and have more going to yard sales, though with the season ending I may end up trying CL a little more.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/4104710314.html

Ps 4 or Xbox one Preorders - $1 (west allis)
I have both paid in full from a local gamestop. I have had a life style change occur and could use the money in a more necessary part of my life. Anyways, here is the deal. I pick up either system on launch day. I will meet you at my bank. If my bank tells me your cash is not fake. Congrats system is yours. I am asking cost plus tax and a extra 100. I have a list started. First come first served. Thanks and good luck to all my fellow gamers.

I was going to take him up on his offer but I don't like banks especially if they tell me my money is fake...:)

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/gms/4076224163.html

"This is directed to the vermin who placed the phony Upper Coleville Road ad for video games a few weeks ago. You made yourself 15 brand new enemies!!!!!! We got a description of you from the folks on Greenbriar. Backwards baseball hat, red sedan! No doubt you thought this was a pretty good trick, but you are probably not aware that you committed a crime. Theft by deception, harassment by communication!
You were obviously not satisfied with just going to sales early to get games, but thought by pulling this scam you would eliminate your competition at Greenbriar. If this is how you want to be, okay, game on!!!!
"
I've read this like 3 times and don't understand what the "trick" was. Can someone smart help me?

What is up with people lately? I've got a bit of a story myself. So I bought this guy's collection off him (the collection was a Dreamcast, Sega rally, Record of Lodoss War, Gundam Side Story, cannon spike, and Tech Romancer) for $80, he was asking $100. I also told him I would wait a week to see if anyone else would bite at his full price. I didn't need the Dreamcast, Sega Rally or Record of Lodoss War (I already have the game). I told the guy this and that I only wanted to buy the other games. I offered $50. A week later I contacted him. And he said for $80 I could have everything. Deal done. I bought the stuff. A few weeks later I posted the Dreamcast and the two games I didn't need on Craigslist. I was asking VGPC average price expecting to come down in the haggling process. As I suspected no responses (why would someone want to buy this stuff without the best games?) A few weeks later I get a really nasty chain of emails from the guy I bought this stuff from. story in a nutshell. If you want to read the emails and how crazy this guy is read on. Warning for language.
Not to justify his behavior, but one important tip for business is not to poop where you eat. That is to say if you're going to flip, it's often better to take it to a different market-- or at least make up a system bundle with some different games.

Not to justify his behavior, but one important tip for business is not to poop where you eat. That is to say if you're going to flip, it's often better to take it to a different market-- or at least make up a system bundle with some different games.
Exactly. That is what I do. I never... ever... sell something that is obviously from someone else on C-list just to avoid this situation. Especially when I've had people contact me later on with other stuff.

I always bring it to ebay/amazon, swap meet at a con, etc. The only things I've sold on C-list over the last few years were broken computers and two big bundles of gamey junk I had acquired. I wouldn't have normally sold them on Craigslist but I was moving. Then 3 years later, I was moving again and wanted to dump the large/hard to sell stuff that wasn't worth much.

I see what you are saying. For the most part I have been dumping my extra stuff at a resale shop but thought I would try reselling it on Craigslist. Anyway the guy is still crazy as I told him multiple times I didn't need the stuff I ended up selling. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Funniest thing I've ever read

Thats about right if you add all of it up individually. Of course with a lot you should get a discount, but with how hot SNES is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he can pull $125.00-$140.00 and you always price a bit high on Craigslist because people will low ball you even if your price is fair.
Understatement of the year there. Lowball is too kind a word for the bullshit offers I get sometimes. Some people think it's some sort of charity and expect things for next to nothing.

I dare reference my old Virtua Cop 2 coin-op that someone offered me $50 for because "that's all it's worth," when my original asking price was already a bargain at $250.

Ya, that's about right, depending on the games you got you might have gotten a good deal. The system is only worth about $40.00, give or take.

But he has Donkey Kong Country 2, Mario Kart, Mario All Stars, Donkey Kong Country 3, and Yoshi's Island and each of those 5 are at least $15.00, some more. There's also Mario World, and Star Fox which are each $10.00. Aladdin/the three Star Wars/Lion King are all between 5 and 10. Even if we estimate all of them on the low end that's $120.00 in games right there. About $140.00 actually and the extra controller is a good $10.00. That puts us at $190.00. He won't get that if he won't split it up, but its far from a laughable price, and doesn't really belong in a stupidity thread.

NINTENDO WII!! NEEDS TO GO!! - $230
Like new. A couple scratches but they aren't noticeable. White. Comes with Nunchuck, one Wii remote, scanner, microphone, and one game. Used a few times, but works great. $230 FIRM. (Used wiis in stores, and on other websites like Amazon, and Ebay sell for $250-$275) CASH ONLY. Please NO scams! Local pickup only! Text __________ for pictures, or more info. Thanks!

.............. :wall: 

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/vgm/4116218827.html

I had to send a text to that person explaining them how clueless they were.

After telling the person selling the Wii for $200+ that you could buy one for $49.99, I got this response:

"That's fucking funny cause I don't want a damn wii I have one I'm selling it I don't need a damn other one. You can shoe that statement up your asshole and GET A CLUE"

I had to send a text to that person explaining them how clueless they were.

After telling the person selling the Wii for $200+ that you could buy one for $49.99, I got this response:

"That's fucking funny cause I don't want a damn wii I have one I'm selling it I don't need a damn other one. You can shoe that statement up your asshole and GET A CLUE"
Looks like he ended up deleting his post...guess you made him mad :lol: :applause:

Sorry,quoted that wrong. Man,that pisses me off though,who would pay 300$ just for a reserve card?!?! This guy will get whats coming to him if he rips people off like this,so disrespectful.

Deal of the Century!!

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/wan/4117767629.html

I am an outgoing guy who is looking to be your full time live in activity partner in exchange for a free place to stay. I may have no money to add to you but I do have lots of entertainment and time to provide in exchange. Here is a little about me.

I am a 24 year old, 6'6" Caucasian male. I am skilled with art and computers. I have a valid driver's license and no criminal record. I do not smoke, drink alcohol or do any drugs at all!

Here is a list of some of my diverse interests. I also can provide movies and games to share with you etc. I am an extreme Hobbyist! The photo is of some of my collection. This stuff does not have to be moved in.

Deal of the Century!!

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/wan/4117767629.html

I am an outgoing guy who is looking to be your full time live in activity partner in exchange for a free place to stay. I may have no money to add to you but I do have lots of entertainment and time to provide in exchange. Here is a little about me.

I am a 24 year old, 6'6" Caucasian male. I am skilled with art and computers. I have a valid driver's license and no criminal record. I do not smoke, drink alcohol or do any drugs at all!

Here is a list of some of my diverse interests. I also can provide movies and games to share with you etc. I am an extreme Hobbyist! The photo is of some of my collection. This stuff does not have to be moved in.
That guy is (specifically) a LOSER.

that is a FANTASTIC post and i believe every word of it is coming from someone who is being honest and believes also that more than one person would be lucky to take him up on his offer.

"I am looking at selling my 3DS digital collection of games that are worth over 300 for 225. I need the money for other things and I don't play most of these anymore. Here are the game prices on the Nintendo eshop."

I am looking at selling my 3DS digital collection of games that are worth over 300 for 225. I need the money for other things and I don't play most of these anymore. Here are the game prices on the Nintendo eshop.

Animal Crosing New Leaf: 39.99

MarioKart 7: 39.99

Super Mario 3D Land: 39.99

AeroPorter 4.99

Coaster Creator 3D: 9.99

Crimson Shroud 7.99

3D Classics ExciteBike: 5.99

Fun! Fun! MiniGolf: 4.99

Gunman Clive: 1.99

HarmoKnight 14.99

3D Classics Kid Icarus: 5.99

Kersploosh 2.99

Liberation Maiden: 7.99

Mario and Donkey Kong Minis on the move 9.99

Order Up: 9.99

Pushmo: 6.99

Samurai G: 1.99

SpeedX 3D hyper edition: 2.99

Kirby; Dream Land 2: 4.99

The Legend of Zelda: 4.99

The Legend of Zelda Link Awakening DX: 5.99

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages: 5.99

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons: 5.99

Mario Golf: 4.99

Metroid 2: 4.99

Super Mario Bros: 4.99

Super Mario Bros 2: 4.99

DSI

Bird and Beans: 1.99

Book store: 1.99

Metal Torrent: 4.99

Starship Defence: 4.99

Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary (You can't get this anymore on the eShop)

Pokedex 3D: 14.99

All 4 Mii Plaza games: 14.99

eshop Credit: 20 dollars 

I can't met half way, It has to be in North Tacoma. You can't sell these one by one so you have to take all at once. If you would like to talk about it more please reply and only serious buyers too please. Thanks

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/vgm/4134365195.html

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/4137758541.html

"THEE" SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB - $2 (New Haven )

Well, I'm basically a retard who's too stupid not to simply make ONE posting. I've got to get on here and Effing hog up space by spamming the same effing ad, over and over and over... cuz I'm a douche.

So I want to trade my Samsung Galaxy tab running android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich for an Apple iPad. BUT IF YOU"RE SICK OF MY CONTINUAL SPAMMING, PLEASE Text ME FILTHY TIRADES TO GET ME TO STOP AT 260-615-3295

He mad yo

Selling things on Craigslist is almost as much of a pain as trying to buy the overpriced junk other people are selling.

I put my extra NES system on there with a price of $35. Thought it was fair, comes with a couple games, 2 controllers, cords, zapper. I get a response from somebody saying "I'M REALLY INTERESTED IN THE NES, WHERE CAN WE MEET"

I thought, well, this lady really wants this thing. I respond with the usual place I meet people and she responds that she has the full $35 cash but also has paper mario for the N64. I ask how how much she wants for it and she says $25. That is about spot on ebay price so I'm not going to take it but I ask her if it has it's original box/manual just in case. She responds that it doesn't but will take $15 for it.

That is a fair price and I've been wanting the game for a while so I tell her OK bring the game and $20 and the NES is yours. She agrees but says she can't meet til Friday.

I email her Friday and she says No, she can't meet until today. And then sends me an email that she is only willing to give me $10 and the game.....

:whistle2:k

I email her that I'm only paying $15 tops on the game and if she doesn't want to sell it for $15, that's fine, just give me the $35 for the system then. She says "OK, I'll just pay the cash."

It's today, I email her....no response. Then at 9:00 pm she emails me that she is only willing to pay $20 cash for the NES (no Paper Mario involved at all).

:whistle2:|

I'm done. She has changed the price four times and wasted almost a week. I emailed her that the deal is off. Now I have to contact the other three people that emailed me within this time frame who were also interested.

I almost can't wait until she emails me again with yet ANOTHER price.

I was only able to get $150 for my 160gb ps3 slim with a wireless controller and cables(I only paid $130 for it on ebay, so I'm still happy). The values for consoles have tanked in my area, and I always get a ton of texts asking to mail a system to Africa. If you want to sell something on craigslist(in my area), you have to sell it very cheap(I barely list anything on craigslist).

I usually have very good luck selling consoles on Craigslist (besides with this nutcase). I tend to get just a little under what I would get on eBay which is great considering I don't have to pack it up, worry about shipping, or pay ebay and paypal fees.

Systems are the only things I try to sell on Craigslist though, games are much easier to just put on ebay or sell/trade them on here.

I was only able to get $150 for my 160gb ps3 slim with a wireless controller and cables(I only paid $130 for it on ebay, so I'm still happy). The values for consoles have tanked in my area, and I always get a ton of texts asking to mail a system to Africa. If you want to sell something on craigslist(in my area), you have to sell it very cheap(I barely list anything on craigslist).
I feel lucky I got $190 for my 320GB with 2 controllers and 2 cheap games the other day. Not as much as I hoped for but I need money for my PS4.

bread's done
Back