Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Ohh boy have got a whopper of listing to show all of you!!

Title of CL post: ~625 NES Games, Tons of extras N64 Kiosk - $10000 (Heights)

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/vgm/4885770070.html

Really??!! Just list all of this stuff on Ebay and be done already! Here's the kicker, they did their research and say a collection of this magnitude goes for about 14K. People on CL really do not get it. :shock:
That doesn't seem too outlandish to me. A lot of it is CIB. I would hope to get that for my retro collection.

DO NOT ask me if I have anything for sale that is not NINTENDO NES. If you do, I will ignore you for ignorance on your behalf of not reading and looking at the pictures of what I have.

*Sends him a message to see if he has anything beside NES for sale*

Last night, I was trying to scoop 8 xbox games for $40. I thought it was a great deal. I called him up and asked him what's the condition of the games (mainly the star wars Battlefront I & II, The Warrior, GTA Andreas). He said it's in excellent shape with little scratches. Adult-owned. Well-taken care of. We both arranged to meetup at Mcdonalds in his city. Got there 30 mins later and then proceeded to look through the discs before handling him the money. I'm like "dude I thought you said the discs were in excellent shape, but the game discs are in horrible condition". He insisted saying "the games are in perfect working condition and you're getting a great deal. You can always call me back and return for a refund." I'm like "It's all good. I will pass on it." While walking to my car, he started cursing me out and thank me for wasting his time.

Has this happened to you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't seem too outlandish to me. A lot of it is CIB. I would hope to get that for my retro collection.
I understand the rarity and most of it being CIB, anyone would hope to get that much for such a collection. My point is why post this on CL to start with? Maybe this excerpt will help in why I find this a bit much:

I am not in a hurry to sell these either. I took time to collect these and take care of them, so I will take time selling them, making sure they go to a good home or someone who wants to make some money over time selling. This is an awesome starters collection for any NES freak. I understand that $10,000 is a ton of money and I assume a lot of people here on CL are not looking to break bank accounts or wallets for a collection but just giving the general public a taste of what I have before it goes on a buy/sell/trade site and sells on there.

I get that they're wanting to give people a fair chance at perhaps buying it. I guess I'm reacting like I am because it seems more like a teaser ad before they post it on Ebay or another site. I'm sure they can/will get more than their asking price when they do list it elsewhere.

No fees on CL. He is probably willing to take a lower cash offer rather than pay final value fees and go through the effort of listing it on ebay/amazon/splitting it up.

Sorry for the super quick double post.

DO NOT ask me if I have anything for sale that is not NINTENDO NES. If you do, I will ignore you for ignorance on your behalf of not reading and looking at the pictures of what I have.

*Sends him a message to see if he has anything beside NES for sale*
That's wrong on so many levels bruh, lol. :rofl:

Last night, I was trying to scoop 8 xbox games for $40. I thought it was a great deal. I called him up and asked him what's the condition of the games (mainly the star wars Battlefront I & II, The Warrior, GTA Andreas). He said it's in excellent shape with little scratches. Adult-owned. Well-taken care of. We both arranged to meetup at Mcdonalds in his city. Got there 30 mins later and then proceeded to look through the discs before handling him the money. I'm like "dude I thought you said the discs were in excellent shape, but the game discs are in horrible condition". He insisted saying "the games are in perfect working condition and you're getting a great deal. You can always call me back and return for a refund." I'm like "It's all good. I will pass on it." While walking to my car, he started cursing me out and thank me for wasting his time.

A few years ago I bought a full size mattress and box spring set from a lady that had listed some for sale. After I had initially called her and asked if she still had them she said yes and I told her I wanted buy them. I think she had originally listed them for $20-$30. Then she pulls a fast one and calls me back saying "I went out and looked at the mattresses again and they're in better condition than I thought" or some such nonsense. Then she proceeded to jack up the price to $40 (true CL seller swindle move).

At first I was saying forget it and that I'll wait. A relative who was taking me to her residence said they would give me the extra money to pay for them. Got there and the condition was nowhere close to what she hyped them up to be. If it wasn't for the fact that I needed the mattress set I would've gladly walked away. I gave the relative the money they loaned me back after they brought me back home and unloaded the mattresses for me.

Lesson learned indeed... :shame:

No fees on CL. He is probably willing to take a lower cash offer rather than pay final value fees and go through the effort of listing it on ebay/amazon/splitting it up.
That is true, he will indeed make more selling the lot CL. The only question is how much of a lower cash offer is he willing to accept. I'm sure people are already making lowball offers at $5,000 or less. I wonder if there are better alternatives for him listing the collection though without having to painstakingly list them on ebay or amazon and pay huge fees.

And now I concede and stand corrected for jumping to assumptions and conclusions about said CL listing. The seller knows their stuff, I don't, end of story.

And sorry for the super quick triple post

I would have done the same thing and left. He's not going to refund you if they don't work.

So I've run into a few more notable transactions lately but this time I was the seller:

- I sold my extra MM 3DS XL for $400 on CL. A guy tried to tell me he would buy it if I would sell it to him for $250. I responded for kicks and told him that his offer was crazy. I said if a collectible car worth $10K, why would anybody in their right mind sell it for $6K? His response was a "yeah but the fair price would be $250." Only in the world of craigslist is fair != FMV

- Sold my extra MK amibo. I was originally listing it for $45 but the buyer and I settled on $40 via email. Sometimes as I wait on the buyer, I'll just increase my price by $5 on my ad to see if any last minute buyers bite. Once in awhile, it works. This time, nobody was biting so I met with the initial interested buyer. He ends up giving me $45. Um what? I kept the difference.

- Sold my extra Rosalina amiibo. My ad was for $35. Buyer and I meet up and he hands me $40. I hadn't paid attention to my ad so I forgot whether I listed it for $40 or $35. We chat for a minute and he never bothers to ask me for change so at the time, I assume I was listing it for $40. Get back to my place and check my ad to learn that we were both wrong. Win?

So I've run into a few more notable transactions lately but this time I was the seller:

- I sold my extra MM 3DS XL for $400 on CL. A guy tried to tell me he would buy it if I would sell it to him for $250. I responded for kicks and told him that his offer was crazy. I said if a collectible car worth $10K, why would anybody in their right mind sell it for $6K? His response was a "yeah but the fair price would be $250." Only in the world of craigslist is fair != FMV

- Sold my extra MK amibo. I was originally listing it for $45 but the buyer and I settled on $40 via email. Sometimes as I wait on the buyer, I'll just increase my price by $5 on my ad to see if any last minute buyers bite. Once in awhile, it works. This time, nobody was biting so I met with the initial interested buyer. He ends up giving me $45. Um what? I kept the difference.

- Sold my extra Rosalina amiibo. My ad was for $35. Buyer and I meet up and he hands me $40. I hadn't paid attention to my ad so I forgot whether I listed it for $40 or $35. We chat for a minute and he never bothers to ask me for change so at the time, I assume I was listing it for $40. Get back to my place and check my ad to learn that we were both wrong. Win?
Had to be a reseller

http://worcester.craigslist.org/vgm/4910868138.html

00r0r_25R7K19zNDd_600x450.jpg

my son left these behind when he moved  out..  Make me an offer i want this crap out of here call me chris at

:lol:

Exactly. They usually float around $50, sometimes a little lower, sometimes a little higher. The wireless ones usually sell for 60-70+, but seem to be around 50 right now. I've made a small fortune flipping those from flea markets/thrift stores.
Wow, really? I have one i bought new in 2008 for $10 at ToysRUs on black friday, i had no idea they were worth anything, considering that music games sort of fell out of popularity.

The wireless dongles themselves were selling for $40+ a piece.

Buuuuuut... The said a new Rock Band is in the works in their financial report, so the guy is probably trying to get rid of the old guitars before people catch on.

I want my cheating ex's stuff gone! VIZIO 42" LCD Flatscreen TV - $200 (lubbock)

00u0u_gxDLeRN3xrJ_600x450.jpg

00k0k_gKe4qf1Ci2B_600x450.jpg

condition: like new
make / manufacturer: Vizio
size / dimensions: 42''

Ok so trying this again.
1. I will not provide anything sexual nor tolerate anything sexually expressed/intended. 
2. I will not meet you at your house nor meet you in a private place (I need to be within screaming distance if you're a freak)
3. I want all of my ex's stuff out of my sight.....out of my life

This is a 42'' LCD 1080p HD Flatscreen TV. I acquired this from my cheater of a ex. I was going to break it.....maybe shoot it with my .22 but I have now decided that the best way to win is to just sell it.
It works great, they spent most of their time on it playing stupid video games. It's in perfect condition except for a minor faint scratch on the upper left corner. This TV was over $500.00 when that sob got it from Best Buy. Like I said I just want it gone so I can move on.

Thank you and god bless

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -- Philippians 4:6 -

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/vgm/4927873157.html

Maybe it's just me but mentioning you have a gun is kind of a deal breaker when it comes to meeting a complete stranger where I'm supposed to bring them money to purchase something. Not that I have anything against people having guns for protection but threatening to shoot their ex-bfs TV with it doesn't qualify as protection. 

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/vgm/4928875808.html

I'm selling my GameCube. its a legendary Zelda one. It comes with a power cord a TV connection, one controller and a Zelda game. I have no use for it anymore. If your interested please contact me by text. if i don't pick up the phone I'm working so please leave a voice mail. I wont go any lower then 400$ because they don't make these anymore. plus your getting the hook ups any everything else with it.

I know it's not craigslist, but at this point FB sale groups and craigslist are the same thing, right?

sF8p1yo.png

AAANNNNDDDDD she bought it.  Time to post some of my shitty games on facebook.

MAwr191.png

I rarely sell my games (because I usually trade in shovelware when there are good promos or amazon trade ins), but I've found pretty much any family game will sell for $5-$10 consistently on FB.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/vgm/4950218523.html

Medical on demand (*-*) - $250 (st. charles)

SUP got some 420 for sell its medical from Denver looking too share some buds make some friends ... it's great stuff no reggie no bullshit. Always on go so catch up. I'm in town for short period of time so get while you can.

Thats in the video game section.............its cool its from Denver, its totes legal!  :dunce:

I mean its one of those situations where it looks to be too good to be true as even at Gamestop the trade in value is what he's asking for cash. Part of me does want to know if my spider-sense is wrong lol
Or maybe they thought it was a 3ds xl and didnt even know it was probably the "new" ones

bread's done
Back